Thank you MARC GASOL - traded with 2024 second pick to Memphis
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 63, 64, 65  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 2:12 pm    Post subject:

Worthy calling out AD, saying he would’ve sat AD and brought in Gasol to wake AD up!
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 2:17 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
Gasol is NOT injured? and Vogel wants us to lose?

Why was the 2nd highest BBall IQ on the team on the bench

Because the 29th highest BBallIQ is coaching the team.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 2:21 pm    Post subject:

He preferred the weakass Harrell..
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 2:23 pm    Post subject:

If he doesn't start Gasol next game, I'm gonna be so pissed. If we were to lose the series, at least let us see that AD/Gasol combo. AD gets going early if he doesn't get doubled all the time.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 4:23 pm    Post subject:

Play this guy. Drummond doesn't have a role this series. Ayton isn't a perimeter threat and Gasol will open up the paint just by standing at the 3 point line. He will also add playmaking that DS is lacking.
MikeTrout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 4:33 pm    Post subject:

Marc Gasol shot 41% from 3 this year. The same percentage as KCP.

Opens up the paint for AD and Lebron and Schroder.

High IQ and great passing.

DNP-CD.

Let's go Vogel
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 5:23 pm    Post subject:

Could have used him today.

You know...a high IQ 5 who can run an offense and stretch the floor.

Smh
srekal2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 7:13 am    Post subject:

If we play Gasol and Morris at center we will roll! Not sure what we are waiting for?
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 7:15 am    Post subject:

srekal2 wrote:
If we play Gasol and Morris at center we will roll! Not sure what we are waiting for?

Vogel playing politics. We probably promised Drummond a certain number of minutes and starting role, and Vogel has in his mind that he can only play Trezz at center, so Gasol racking up DNP's which is crazy to me.

Vogel is one of those coaches where giving him more options is actually not helpful, give him a clear 8-9 man rotation and he seems to handle it better.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 8:25 am    Post subject:

Unbelievable that we are losing games because of egos and locker room politics
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 8:41 am    Post subject:

Seems obvious: put Gasol in there to draw Ayton out and open up the inside for AD and the others.
vcdplaya3002
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 8:46 am    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
Seems obvious: put Gasol in there to draw Ayton out and open up the inside for AD and the others.

If we are losing at half of game 2, I fully expect that Vogel will shift to Markieff at the 4 and AD at the 5 the rest of the way. Vogel seems convinced that Gasol simply is not the solution, and will pivot from that. He will go back to the lineup he used against the Rockets in game 3 and stick with that. He will force AD to guard Ayton the rest of the series and have Markieff space the floor with threes. AD is good enough for this move to work, but expecting Vogel to start Gasol over Drummond is a fools errand.

If we lose game 2 and Drummond is still starting game 3, you can forget to watch the rest of this series, Lebron will have packed it in and probably knows its vacation time.
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 8:50 am    Post subject:

Drummond just does is just not seem to have the fire to go all out and give his all. He needs to impose his will especially on Def because of his limited offensive skills. Vogel need to play Gasol, specially seeing the effort Drummond is playing in a playoff atmosphere. Gasol may be slower, but he create more space on offense and is a very fundamentally sound defender. Time of a lineup change my starter will be LBJ, AD, Gasol, KCP, DS time to pull ayton away from the basket. I would even play Morris as a starter in place of Gasol is we want to play smaller, but Gasol need to play in this series either as a starter of coming off the bench.
vcdplaya3002
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 8:54 am    Post subject:

To me the move that Vogel can make without disrupting the politics of the team is to start Markieff at the 4. He cannot start Gasol over Drummond since that would be essentially demoting Drummond. Putting Kieff in is just different.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 9:06 am    Post subject:

vcdplaya3002 wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:

If we are losing at half of game 2, I fully expect that Vogel will shift to Markieff at the 4 and AD at the 5 the rest of the way. Vogel seems convinced that Gasol simply is not the solution, and will pivot from that. He will go back to the lineup he used against the Rockets in game 3 and stick with that. He will force AD to guard Ayton the rest of the series and have Markieff space the floor with threes. AD is good enough for this move to work, but expecting Vogel to start Gasol over Drummond is a fools errand.

If we lose game 2 and Drummond is still starting game 3, you can forget to watch the rest of this series, Lebron will have packed it in and probably knows its vacation time.

That's the thing, it doesn't seem clear why Vogel doesn't put Gasol in. He's a better 3 point shooter than Morris (correct me if im wrong). And he has the size to guard Ayton, at least to start the game. Let AD play 5 in the 4th quarter, that seems to have worked before.
vcdplaya3002
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 9:12 am    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
vcdplaya3002 wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:

That's the thing, it doesn't seem clear why Vogel doesn't put Gasol in. He's a better 3 point shooter than Morris (correct me if im wrong). And he has the size to guard Ayton, at least to start the game. Let AD play 5 in the 4th quarter, that seems to have worked before.

I fully believe that team politics have handicapped Vogel in that he simply is not allowed to bench Drummond even if he wanted to.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 10:09 am    Post subject:

vcdplaya3002 wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
vcdplaya3002 wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:

I fully believe that team politics have handicapped Vogel in that he simply is not allowed to bench Drummond even if he wanted to.

Do you any source or evidence or are you just completely guessing? You think Rob promised to start Drummond as part of the signing agreement. That'd be pretty dumb.
vcdplaya3002
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 10:26 am    Post subject:

Frank Vogel has been known and built a reputation on his defense. He is also known to defer to others about offensive alignments since its not his specialty. For a coach who preaches defense first, there is no logical conclusion he can have for starting Drummond given that the team defense was very bad in transition and got crushed on the boards with Drummond starting. Even ignoring all of the offensive spacing issues, at least starting Markieff at the 4 or Gasol at the 5, our defense would not be as compromised than it is with Drummond starting.
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 10:35 am    Post subject:

I dont understand the politics. Drummond has a slim chance of signing with us and seem to not fit with AD. No harm done IMO, we are in the playoff and every came counts, we need to place him in the bench and start the Gasol or Morris.
vcdplaya3002
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 10:37 am    Post subject:

I'm thinking that Vogel is saving the Markieff to the 4 and AD to the 5 move, until he absolutely has to use it. Vogel wants to give Drummond all the runway he can until the plane crashes.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 8:08 am    Post subject:

AC | KCP | Bron | AD | Gasol: 96th percentile spacing lineup

Schröder | KCP | LeBron | AD | Gasol: 81st percentile

Schröder | KCP | LeBron | AD | Drummond: 43rd percentile

(source Cranjis)

Well, I have been defending AD2 but I don't think I still can after seeing these stats.

DS and AD2 both need to come off the bench. At the very least we need to have spacing in our mind when creating a lineup

Last edited by Lucky_Shot on Tue May 25, 2021 8:32 am; edited 2 times in total
vcdplaya3002
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 8:30 am    Post subject:

If Vogel wants to end this series in 5 games he will start:

Caruso, KCP, Lebron, AD, Gasol

Subs: Kuzma, Dennis, THT, Wes, and Kieff

IF Vogel wants to end the series in 7 he will start:

Dennis, KCP, Lebron, AD, Drummond

Subs: Kuzma, Caruso, THT, Wes, and Trezz
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 8:38 am    Post subject:

The Lakers will see paced in paint defenses until they adjust.
Problem is there is no Rondo to pass to AD.
Gasol is part of the solution to bring out Ayton.

There has to be movement on offense. No Lebron on five.
That is why Rondo was so critical.
He stopped the Lebron on five.
Gasol can partially do that.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 8:54 am    Post subject:

You guys crack me up...We beat the Suns easily two weeks ago with Drummond and AD...AD had 42 alongside Drummond. The reason we lost is because AD didn't bring it...like he frequently does at least one game every series....and we were 1-13 from 3's not counting LeBron. You guys all freaking out..."START GASOL." It's not happening...maybe Gasol will get some run instead of riding the pine...but this freak-out that unless we start Gasol this series is over is nonsense and laughable.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 9:06 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
You guys crack me up...We beat the Suns easily two weeks ago with Drummond and AD...AD had 42 alongside Drummond. The reason we lost is because AD didn't bring it...like he frequently does at least one game every series....and we were 1-13 from 3's not counting LeBron. You guys all freaking out..."START GASOL." It's not happening...maybe Gasol will get some run instead of riding the pine...but this freak-out that unless we start Gasol this series is over is nonsense and laughable.

I don't think anyone is freaking out. Also, no one said the series is over if we don't start Gasol. Everyone here is just looking at adjustments we can make.

If starting Gasol and Alex gives us the best chance at winning, Frank will have the power to make that move and he has already shown in last year's run he will make adjustments.

Because at the end of the day, his only goal is to win. Not appease players wishes
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 63, 64, 65  Next
Page 53 of 65
Jump to: