Thank you MARC GASOL - traded with 2024 second pick to Memphis
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 63, 64, 65  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:43 pm    Post subject:

Barry Seal wrote:
Gasol would be perfect on a team like the Nuggets backing up Jokić for 10-15 minutes a game

Are you trying to trade Gasol?

Last edited by 32 on Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:52 pm; edited 3 times in total
Barry Seal
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:45 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Barry Seal wrote:
Gasol would be perfect on a team like the Nuggets backing up Jokić for 10-15 minutes a game

They already have a backup JaVale McGee.

JaVale is on the Suns now
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:50 pm    Post subject:

Barry Seal wrote:
32 wrote:
Barry Seal wrote:

Thanks. Are you trying to trade Gasol?
Barry Seal
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:55 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Barry Seal wrote:
32 wrote:
Barry Seal wrote:

Thanks. Are you trying to trade Gasol?

lol yes. He would be fine if we had a young center starting. He’s an elite back up at this point
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:26 am    Post subject:

Quote:
(Via: Marc Stein)

“I’m hearing that Marc Gasol is not a lock to return to the Lakers, even after Gasol said following Spain’s quarterfinal loss to the United States in the Olympics that he intends to play out the final year of the two-year deal he signed with Los Angeles.”

https://twitter.com/thehoopcentral/status/1428762453895122944?s=21
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:30 am    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
Quote:

“I’m hearing that Marc Gasol is not a lock to return to the Lakers, even after Gasol said following Spain’s quarterfinal loss to the United States in the Olympics that he intends to play out the final year of the two-year deal he signed with Los Angeles.”

But he’s under contract right? So it’s play vs retire? He’ll get paid regardless I think. We need a 3rd center, a stretch big back up… like him
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:34 am    Post subject:

Come on down LaMarcus Aldridge!

He should sign with the Lakers wearing a Maroon 5 shirt.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:39 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
Quote:

But he’s under contract right? So it’s play vs retire? He’ll get paid regardless I think. We need a 3rd center, a stretch big back up… like him

They can trade him or buy him out.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:45 am    Post subject:

I just hope whatever the outcome is, it isn’t purely financially motivated. I’ve been ok with their budgeting so far, even though losing Caruso felt a bit penny rich-pound poor. But I get it. As a principle I’m not enamoured with teams spending agressively beyond the field.

In terms of roster construction, unless you’re playing a lot of both AD and LeBron at Center while finding more wing depth, we need more stretch at five.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:08 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
I just hope whatever the outcome is, it isn’t purely financially motivated. I’ve been ok with their budgeting so far, even though losing Caruso felt a bit penny rich-pound poor. But I get it. As a principle I’m not enamoured with teams spending agressively beyond the field.

In terms of roster construction, unless you’re playing a lot of both AD and LeBron at Center while finding more wing depth, we need more stretch at five.

I'm not a coach but I didn't like Gasol's play. His metrics were good - but not his fit. Age, the guys he was on court with, I don't know, I just didn't like the way the team played.

IMO, go get Boogie & Biyombo.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:16 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

I'm not a coach but I didn't like Gasol's play. His metrics were good - but not his fit. Age, the guys he was on court with, I don't know, I just didn't like the way the team played.

I’m with you….never liked the fit, the age, how slow he is everything you mentioned. Don’t see him playing much if he stays.
RashardA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:28 am    Post subject:

The man can't move.

I'd rather have Boogie anyway.

He can shoot threes too & is only 30 years old.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:42 am    Post subject:

If there is any validity to Ramona’s source of Marc to Minny being discussed, he essentially can be dumped into either their vet min exception or their 4.75m TPE that they hold. By opening night, Minny has to roster 2 more players since they currently sit on 11 salaried players right now.

Quote:
Ramona: [Caruso] had a couple of deals, somewhere around the mid-level. One was a team that didn’t have to do a sign-and-trade, and that was the Bulls, and that was the one he preferred anyway. But I heard the Timberwolves were in on this. It would have been a sign-and-trade, and they actually would have taken back Marc Gasol. Like that could have been salary cap relief for the Lakers, not just a trade exception. So we’ll see if they end up needing those exceptions, we’ll see if they end up needing those extra tools to build this roster out, but I think that’s really where we’re going to decide ‘was the Westbrook trade a success?’”

If we dump Gasol and hypothetically just take back another 2nd or cash in exchange, then we etch out a 2.7m TPE.

Also replacing Marc’s 2.7m deal with a 1.7m vet min deal saves us a net of 4.25m in salary difference and associated taxes.
Laker7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:59 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

Bismack please. Not a lot of offense but a good rim defender. If something happens to AD or Howard, we will need someone to protect the rim. And Boogie isn't it.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:06 am    Post subject:

Laker7 wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

Bismack please. Not a lot of offense but a good rim defender. If something happens to AD or Howard, we will need someone to protect the rim. And Boogie isn't it.

Dwight should come off the bench and Biyombo is a 3rd guy. Gasol, with his ability to shoot (well, when he's hot) provides the spacing we'll desperately need now that Westbrook is in the mix.

Meyers Leonard, despite his stupid remarks, is another guy I'd consider if Marc is gone for whatever reason. Don't love him as a starter nor do I love the blowback that'd come our way if signed, but he can shoot.

Hopefully Marc is our starting center for 12 mins a game.
LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:42 am    Post subject:

If he’s out, then bring on BOOGIE FEVER!

Still 30, familiar with team & players & definitely gives us spacing. Another year recovered & played pretty good in short time with the wanna be LA team.

IMO, would give us more minutes & allow Vogel to use Dwight & AD to finish depending on opponent…
HC: Riley
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:45 am    Post subject:

LAKERMIKE2 wrote:

Still 30, familiar with team & players & definitely gives us spacing. Another year recovered & played pretty good in short time with the wanna be LA team.

IMO, would give us more minutes & allow Vogel to use Dwight & AD to finish depending on opponent…

Boogie just turned 31 a week ago for the sake of accuracy.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:42 pm    Post subject:

i don't know about you guys, but i would be totally ok with Gasol starting and play like 15-20 minutes a game. Lakers have better spacing with him on the floor and he is an excellent passer. i would hate to see him go
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:00 pm    Post subject:

LAKERMIKE2 wrote:

Agreed….Boogie actually played well in the playoffs….trading Gasol saves us money etc. If not Boogie, Milsap, Sampson, Giles etc. I wouldn’t lose any sleep if we traded Gasol. Spacing is overrated. Eddie Johnson said yesterday Russ, Bron and AD will be a nightmare….with or without spacing. He even pointed out a stat….Russ is 134-46 when he gets a triple double. It’s telling that Gasol said he was coming back and now there’s talk obviously from the FO that they’re not sure they want him back.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:19 pm    Post subject:

IIRC, the word when we signed Gasol was that he was only going to play one year and retire. The 2nd year (guaranteed) would be like his bonus.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:25 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:

<snip>
It’s telling that Gasol said he was coming back and now there’s talk obviously from the FO that they’re not sure they want him back.

Please point out where Marc Stein's tweet says "the Lakers FO is not sure they want Gasol back". And if there's a different source for that information than please post a link, thanks.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:27 pm    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:
King Randle wrote:

<snip>
It’s telling that Gasol said he was coming back and now there’s talk obviously from the FO that they’re not sure they want him back.

Please point out where Marc Stein's tweet says "the Lakers FO is not sure they want Gasol back". And if there's a different source for that information than please post a link, thanks.

Stein said he's not a lock to come back. The Lakers have already offered him in a trade with Minnesota. That could be a clue.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:33 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
King Randle wrote:

<snip>

Stein said he's not a lock to come back. The Lakers have already offered him in a trade with Minnesota. That could be a clue.

Thank you 32.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:34 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
Quote:

Marc Stein must be hearing this from himself.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:38 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
Quote:

Marc Stein must be hearing this from himself.

Nah. Marc Stein wouldn't make this up.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 63, 64, 65  Next
Page 57 of 65
Jump to: