Thank you MARC GASOL - traded with 2024 second pick to Memphis
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 63, 64, 65

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:35 pm    Post subject:

To think we demoted him for that piece of steaming crap from Detroit that couldn't play a lick of defense, couldn't catch a gd ball, and couldn't finish a layup if you had a gun to his head. That's literally all we asked from Drummond and he couldn't even manage a single one of them. But hey, at least he ran up his rebounding numbers grabbing his own repeated misses. We should have listened to the warnings from Detroit fans. B-b-but he's a double double!

On that note, I wonder what Nets fans feel about the player we got from them. Oh wait, I already know how Nets fans feel. Gotta another bum incoming that's going to whine about minutes. But hey, gimme another 5 minute clip of DJ making a few defensive plays. That'll make it all better.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:43 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
To think we demoted him for that piece of steaming crap from Detroit that couldn't play a lick of defense, couldn't catch a gd ball, and couldn't finish a layup if you had a gun to his head. That's literally all we asked from Drummond and he couldn't even manage a single one of them. But hey, at least he ran up his rebounding numbers grabbing his own repeated misses. We should have listened to the warnings from Detroit fans. B-b-but he's a double double!

On that note, I wonder what Nets fans feel about the player we got from them. Oh wait, I already know how Nets fans feel. Gotta another bum incoming that's going to whine about minutes. But hey, gimme another 5 minute clip of DJ making a few defensive plays. That'll make it all better.

I understand why the Lakers agreed to start Drummond. He was the prize of the buy-out season.

That said, Gasol was better than Drummond, and he's better than Deandre. But such is life. Can't get worked up over sunk costs or the past.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:27 pm    Post subject:

How did Drummond average 17.0 PPG and 15.0 RPG in Detroit? Those are prime Dwight Howard numbers.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:53 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:
Sad to see Marc Gasol effectively retire, he's honestly still better than DeAndre Jordan. One of the best defenders ever by all metrics, great teammate and high-IQ player. He was a post-centric gritty center who got caught in the 3-point revolution and adapted his game flawlessly. Great career.

To me, Gasol has been perpetually underrated. You look at his stats and he seems like nothing special. But then you look at the impact he has on team's defense and ball movement, and you realize he really is a special player.

Everything he does is smart and subtle, so he doesn't get the attention of more flamboyant players who do much less.

He reminds me of Bill Walton. Gasol wasn't as great a player as Walton and didn't have his low-post game, but both were great passer/defenders who created success without overtly drawing attention to themselves.

Yea, even when Gasol’s physical has decline, it would not affect his shooting, passing and basketball IQ which is why I think he would have more impact to the game than DJ if he stays
Pau Gasol's Beard
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:48 pm    Post subject:

The last of the bad attitudes gone. Gasol was whiny ever since Memphis
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:44 pm    Post subject:

https://theathletic.com/2828249/2021/09/16/warriors-roster-watch-whats-happening-with-the-vacant-15th-spot/

Warriors are interested in signing Marc mid-season, who might be back in the NBA after he finishes up in Spain.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:58 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
https://theathletic.com/2828249/2021/09/16/warriors-roster-watch-whats-happening-with-the-vacant-15th-spot/

Warriors are interested in signing Marc mid-season, who might be back in the NBA after he finishes up in Spain.

By mid-season, Gasol will weigh about 412 pounds.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:27 am    Post subject:

Thank you Mark for helping us win a championship. Suggestion; get in shape so you'll be able to jump over a phone book.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:43 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Thank you Mark for helping us win a championship. Suggestion; get in shape so you'll be able to jump over a phone book.

Marc didn't help.us win a championship. He wasn't on the 2019-20 roster.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:50 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Marc didn't help.us win a championship. He wasn't on the 2019-20 roster.

OK. My bad. I was thinking Pau about championship. Was spot on about getting in shape and jumping.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:49 am    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:
Sad to see Marc Gasol effectively retire, he's honestly still better than DeAndre Jordan. One of the best defenders ever by all metrics, great teammate and high-IQ player. He was a post-centric gritty center who got caught in the 3-point revolution and adapted his game flawlessly. Great career.

To me, Gasol has been perpetually underrated. You look at his stats and he seems like nothing special. But then you look at the impact he has on team's defense and ball movement, and you realize he really is a special player.

Everything he does is smart and subtle, so he doesn't get the attention of more flamboyant players who do much less.

He reminds me of Bill Walton. Gasol wasn't as great a player as Walton and didn't have his low-post game, but both were great passer/defenders who created success without overtly drawing attention to themselves.

Yea, even when Gasol’s physical has decline, it would not affect his shooting, passing and basketball IQ which is why I think he would have more impact to the game than DJ if he stays

I would have preferred Gasol over DJ, but that boat has sailed.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:26 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:

I would have preferred Gasol over DJ, but that boat has sailed.

Thank God!
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:33 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
How did Drummond average 17.0 PPG and 15.0 RPG in Detroit? Those are prime Dwight Howard numbers.

On a 36-minute basis, Drummond average 17-15 for us.

He's always been an elite rebounder. However, rebounding isn't valued like it used to be in the three-point era, where offensive bigs tend to backpeddle to play defense rather than crash the boards.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:58 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

On a 36-minute basis, Drummond average 17-15 for us.

He's always been an elite rebounder. However, rebounding isn't valued like it used to be in the three-point era, where offensive bigs tend to backpeddle to play defense rather than crash the boards.

How did he average 17 ppg with such a limited offensive game? And it’s possible to be an elite rebounder but a poor defender?… Don’t think I’ve ever seen that before.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:50 am    Post subject:

However, Gasol’s frustrations with the predicament were well-known throughout the team and he was described by sources close to the team as “disgruntled” with his role and treatment.

“There’s no way Gasol wants to be back nor do (the Lakers) want him back,” one source said after the season ended.

Like we anticipated. Mutual Gasol didn’t want back and the Lakers didn’t want him back. Per Shams and Amick in the Athletic.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:17 pm    Post subject:

Both sides were at fault. Gasol seemed to be going through the motions not giving nearly 100% to the Lakers while waiting out his retirement and hoping to coast his way to another championship on the backs of Lebron and AD. Lakers brought in fools gold Drummond and demoted Gasol to DNP status as if he was a no-name scrub.

It wasnt until after this happened where Gasol started playing like he gave a F in a bid to prove he was better than Drummond. But obviously this was too little too late for both sides.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:29 pm    Post subject:

His demise with the Lakers started when he reported to camp out of shape. This should have been anticipated as he reported to the bubble with Memphis in similar fashion.

I had hope he would be motivated coming to a championship team with the potential to win another ring but obviously his work ethic was lacking. I did not have a the feeling he ever got into Vogel's good graces after how he reported to camp.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 63, 64, 65
Page 65 of 65
Jump to: