MARC GASOL Thread - Collecting DNP’s
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51, 52  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
leking006
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Oct 2018
Posts: 2354

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:00 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
Kuzma knew all along


I think all the players knew it, It's just Vogel that didn't
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
crackadon
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 11 Aug 2013
Posts: 789

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:00 pm    Post subject:

Let's go, Marc! What a game. He totally showed us his worth tonight and gave us a preview of how useful he'll be come playoff time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
leking006
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Oct 2018
Posts: 2354

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:01 pm    Post subject:

Marc will be very valuable in the playoffs where the settings is like how the game played earlier. Vogel just need to trust him more.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 23 Mar 2012
Posts: 20028

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:01 pm    Post subject:

Marc needs to start with AD...

Vogel needs to let players earn their playing time. Let AD2 and Trez come off the bench. If we are being honest, we don't have the money to re-sign Drummond, so no use in trying to make him happy (he won't be happy losing the starting gig) at the expense of your team's success.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 20 Nov 2012
Posts: 19418

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:02 pm    Post subject:

Gasol played well tonight and was a big reason they won.

Also, Gasol has been bad most of the season and giving him playing time is not their key to winning games.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MJST
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 20164

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:02 pm    Post subject:

Gasol needs to play with Harrell. Kief is the only one that hasn't been able to play well at least once during this stretch.
_________________
How NBA 2K18 failed the All-Time Lakers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxMBYm3wwxk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Nov 2018
Posts: 1830

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:05 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
ocho wrote:
Will we learn the lesson this time?


Depends if Drummond gets into foul trouble...... #Vogel


Gasol can back up Drummond easily... Either Gasol/Trezz or Gasol/Morris 2nd unit line up depending on the match up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
leking006
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Oct 2018
Posts: 2354

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:07 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
Gasol played well tonight and was a big reason they won.

Also, Gasol has been bad most of the season and giving him playing time is not their key to winning games.


If you look at the advance stats he's not bad all season. lmfao.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
leking006
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Oct 2018
Posts: 2354

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:11 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
Gasol played well tonight and was a big reason they won.

Also, Gasol has been bad most of the season and giving him playing time is not their key to winning games.


https://www.nba.com/stats/player/201188/advanced/

How can you say his bad with this advance stats? Maybe you are not watching most of the games.

+5 Net Rating
39.3% on 3s
1.2 bpg ( leading the team)

And he is the 2nd best playmaker on the team. The offense is more fluid with him on the court. Give me some facts that he is bad all season long?

I don't know why people here saying he's bad all season long when Lakers has a winning record whenever he played.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Kblo247!
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 05 Oct 2015
Posts: 165

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:16 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
Gasol played well tonight and was a big reason they won.

Also, Gasol has been bad most of the season and giving him playing time is not their key to winning games.


You would be the guy saying Longley was bad for the 3 peat Bulls, Horace was bad for the 01 Lakers, Bynum was bad in the playoffs when they went back to back, or Perk was bad for Boston
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Kblo247!
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 05 Oct 2015
Posts: 165

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:18 pm    Post subject:

lakez34 wrote:
He may have played himself into shape this season, and he definitely stepped up after Drummond was signed but he really is exactly what we need to space the floor and just make smart basketball plays. Hopefully Vogel finally sees the light and plays him more and at the right times.


He played himself into shape every season of his career even overseas, expecting that to not happen was silly.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mad55557777
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Posts: 8525

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:21 pm    Post subject:

Love how gasol was telling guys where to go on offense
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 15679

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:22 pm    Post subject:

Gasol will be needed, particularly in a series against Jokic.
_________________
Klutch Angeles Lakers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Jordan-esque
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Aug 2005
Posts: 9816

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:23 pm    Post subject:

Lakers were trailing until Marc Gasol subbed in. Lakers ended up beating a really good Denver Nuggets team.

Imagine if Vogel had played Gasol against the scrub teams we just lost too in Sac and the Raptors...
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 20 Nov 2012
Posts: 19418

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:25 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
Gasol played well tonight and was a big reason they won.

Also, Gasol has been bad most of the season and giving him playing time is not their key to winning games.


https://www.nba.com/stats/player/201188/advanced/

How can you say his bad with this advance stats? Maybe you are not watching most of the games.

+5 Net Rating
39.3% on 3s
1.2 bpg ( leading the team)

And he is the 2nd best playmaker on the team. The offense is more fluid with him on the court. Give me some facts that he is bad all season long?

I don't know why people here saying he's bad all season long when Lakers has a winning record whenever he played.


He’s a role player. He isn’t a good starting player anymore. Whether he plays or not doesn’t make a significant difference on wins and losses. I feel like people are forgetting that the benching was very recent and he had been playing in most of their losses this season.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
2019
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Dec 2014
Posts: 8564

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:28 pm    Post subject:

We need to keep Marc engaged. Come playoff time, if we need a more traditional big man, Drummond and Harrell are liabilities. Gasol plays a style of ball that fits the half court execution that's required to advance in the playoffs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
leking006
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Oct 2018
Posts: 2354

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:31 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
leking006 wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
Gasol played well tonight and was a big reason they won.

Also, Gasol has been bad most of the season and giving him playing time is not their key to winning games.


https://www.nba.com/stats/player/201188/advanced/

How can you say his bad with this advance stats? Maybe you are not watching most of the games.

+5 Net Rating
39.3% on 3s
1.2 bpg ( leading the team)

And he is the 2nd best playmaker on the team. The offense is more fluid with him on the court. Give me some facts that he is bad all season long?

I don't know why people here saying he's bad all season long when Lakers has a winning record whenever he played.


He’s a role player. He isn’t a good starting player anymore. Whether he plays or not doesn’t make a significant difference on wins and losses. I feel like people are forgetting that the benching was very recent and he had been playing in most of their losses this season.


Says who? you? give me facts Give me his record when he's playing. Look if he has more loss than wins


Last edited by leking006 on Mon May 03, 2021 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 111516

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:33 pm    Post subject:

I think we will need to choose between Drummond or Trezz if Vogel is forcing this issue. Marc is a better fit due to his shooting and experience. One of Trezz/Drummond will have to sit to let Marc play backup center (or maybe just play Trezz at “PF” for crying out loud).
_________________
Never underestimate the heart of a champion.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DrDent
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Jun 2016
Posts: 9388

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:34 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I think we will need to choose between Drummond or Trezz if Vogel is forcing this issue. Marc is a better fit due to his shooting and experience. One of Trezz/Drummond will have to sit to let Marc play backup center (or maybe just play Trezz at “PF” for crying out loud).


What about Trez/Gasol and sit Kieff?
_________________
"One thing I admire about Kuzma is his unwavering confidence. He truly has no idea that he’s not as good as he thinks." - Killer_Z
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Sep 2012
Posts: 5650

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:35 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
leking006 wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
Gasol played well tonight and was a big reason they won.

Also, Gasol has been bad most of the season and giving him playing time is not their key to winning games.


https://www.nba.com/stats/player/201188/advanced/

How can you say his bad with this advance stats? Maybe you are not watching most of the games.

+5 Net Rating
39.3% on 3s
1.2 bpg ( leading the team)

And he is the 2nd best playmaker on the team. The offense is more fluid with him on the court. Give me some facts that he is bad all season long?

I don't know why people here saying he's bad all season long when Lakers has a winning record whenever he played.


He’s a role player. He isn’t a good starting player anymore. Whether he plays or not doesn’t make a significant difference on wins and losses. I feel like people are forgetting that the benching was very recent and he had been playing in most of their losses this season.


Recent?

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/gasolma01/gamelog/2021

Gasol benching happened 18 games ago. He’s only played 4 games since where he’s been a +5 despite it.
_________________
Marcellus Wiley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
hype
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Nov 2007
Posts: 2945
Location: Mission Viejo

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:36 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
leking006 wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
Gasol played well tonight and was a big reason they won.

Also, Gasol has been bad most of the season and giving him playing time is not their key to winning games.


https://www.nba.com/stats/player/201188/advanced/

How can you say his bad with this advance stats? Maybe you are not watching most of the games.

+5 Net Rating
39.3% on 3s
1.2 bpg ( leading the team)

And he is the 2nd best playmaker on the team. The offense is more fluid with him on the court. Give me some facts that he is bad all season long?

I don't know why people here saying he's bad all season long when Lakers has a winning record whenever he played.


He’s a role player. He isn’t a good starting player anymore. Whether he plays or not doesn’t make a significant difference on wins and losses. I feel like people are forgetting that the benching was very recent and he had been playing in most of their losses this season.


Hard disagree there as far as significant difference when a guy like Morris is sucking minutes lately.. Back before he got Covid he was balling on both ends for a good 2 or so weeks at a role player level then came back and had a rough few games then started looking solid again which is about when Dre came.. Literally every time he got a chance since then he's looked great imo.

It's extremely evident on both ends that it flows better especially defensively. He might not put up gaudy stats but the impact is quite clear imo.

Like most have said he's played himself into shape like most of his recent seasons.

It's nice not having a complete defensive liability out there in the middle while also having some extremely needed playmaking on the other end.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Apr 2001
Posts: 5471

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:44 pm    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:
lakez34 wrote:
He may have played himself into shape this season, and he definitely stepped up after Drummond was signed but he really is exactly what we need to space the floor and just make smart basketball plays. Hopefully Vogel finally sees the light and plays him more and at the right times.


He played himself into shape every season of his career even overseas, expecting that to not happen was silly.


Yeah that's a fair point and likely because I didn't watch his teams closely in prior years. Regardless he's playing solid basketball and Vogel needs to find him minutes when matchups make sense. He should take Drummonds minutes when he's struggling (which he was in the game vs Nuggets tonight) instead of being relegated to spot minutes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Reply with quote
DrDent
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Jun 2016
Posts: 9388

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:50 pm    Post subject:

Gasol's highlights v Nugs:

https://www.nba.com/lakers/video/teams/lakers/2021/05/03/282611/1620106019257-marc-gasol-10-points-highlights-vs-denver-nuggets
_________________
"One thing I admire about Kuzma is his unwavering confidence. He truly has no idea that he’s not as good as he thinks." - Killer_Z
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 May 2011
Posts: 3692

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:52 pm    Post subject:

James Worthy is right, Marc Gasol is like another floor general out there. He’s actually directing where players should be and because of that the Lakers don’t look lost. Lakers started getting lost again when he wasn’t out there during that stretch in the 4th and they just kept taking long jumpers.
_________________
Tacos


Last edited by Lonzo-Lite on Mon May 03, 2021 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 33916

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:52 pm    Post subject:

This guy has been ballin, if he can play like this in the playoffs it makes a whole lot of difference for us.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51, 52  Next
Page 50 of 52
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB