Official MONTREZL "6th Man of Year" HARRELL
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 64, 65, 66  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Iron Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:26 am    Post subject:

Montrezl Harrell numbers since Andre Drummond joined (11 games):

Quote:

Rebounds: 5.6

Assists: 0.5

Blocks: 0.5

Field Goal: 47.9%

Mins: 18.57

Plus/Minus: -33

Notable observation since Drummond signing is that Harrell's mins have gone down, he used to average 24 mins per game, now cut down to about 19 mins. His field goal efficiency drastically dropped from 62% down to 48% dropping his points average and has been a net negative -33 in those games since Drummond joined.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:45 am    Post subject:

Iron Mamba wrote:
Montrezl Harrell numbers since Andre Drummond joined (11 games):

Quote:

Rebounds: 5.6

Assists: 0.5

Blocks: 0.5

Field Goal: 47.9%

Mins: 18.57

Plus/Minus: -33

Notable observation since Drummond signing is that Harrell's mins have gone down, he used to average 24 mins per game, now cut down to about 19 mins. His field goal efficiency drastically dropped from 62% down to 48% dropping his points average and has been a net negative -33 in those games since Drummond joined.

-33 on plus/minus?!?

I’ve seen enough! Someone message this to Vogel, and play Marc Gasol as backup 5!

@IronMamba, if you can make a similar stat to show Marc’s numbers in that span, that would be great.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:03 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
@IronMamba, if you can make a similar stat to show Marc’s numbers in that span, that would be great.

I put those numbers in the Marc Gasol thread.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:04 am    Post subject:

Trezz has a pretty decent looking mid range jumper. Wonder why he never tried to extend his range. If he could hit 32% from 3, he would be getting a much bigger payday.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:21 am    Post subject:

Iron Mamba wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:

I put those numbers in the Marc Gasol thread.

Thanks!

So Marc is way more efficient and doing way more than Trez including assists and blocks. Most importantly plus/minus:

Trez = -33
Marc = -2

I’ll gladly take -2 with Marc that’s like a one possession game which means Lakers are competing and very much still in it. Whereas -33 with Trez means Lakers are getting their (bleep) blown out!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:05 pm    Post subject:

I don’t believe the guards are trying to get the ball to Trez, especially on PnR, it seems like they’re icing him out f the half court offense. Trez is the hardest working player on team & gives %100 every time on floor. I don’t care if Drum & Gasol get minutes at center, but Frank has to get Trez in at PF whenever Gasol is in the game & a threat at 3 pt line. I have a feeling Trez would excel at PF if given the chance... He has a ton of heart & energy gotta find him minutes! But at same time use Gasol to draw shot blockers away from rim!
HC: Riley
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:20 pm    Post subject:

LAKERMIKE2 wrote:
I don’t believe the guards are trying to get the ball to Trez, especially on PnR, it seems like they’re icing him out f the half court offense. Trez is the hardest working player on team & gives %100 every time on floor. I don’t care if Drum & Gasol get minutes at center, but Frank has to get Trez in at PF whenever Gasol is in the game & a threat at 3 pt line. I have a feeling Trez would excel at PF if given the chance... He has a ton of heart & energy gotta find him minutes! But at same time use Gasol to draw shot blockers away from rim!

His first 2 seasons in the league he was playing PF alongside Nene. I think he and Gasol at C would actually work together.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:43 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
LAKERMIKE2 wrote:

His first 2 seasons in the league he was playing PF alongside Nene. I think he and Gasol at C would actually work together.

We have hardly seen the Gasol/Trezz combo at any point this season and it’s not gonna happen now especially with Drummond getting bulk of the minutes over Harrell and Gasol.
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:00 pm    Post subject:

Hoping he will be back to an offensive threat once AD comes back.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:52 pm    Post subject:

Can someone do +/- for the whole team? I would love to see where he ranks.
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:12 pm    Post subject:

Trezz cost us this game.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:15 pm    Post subject:

17 minutes, -19
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:15 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Trezz cost us this game.

He's been doing that for quite sometime now
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:22 pm    Post subject:

Lakers had a 3 point lead before Trezz checked in.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:25 pm    Post subject:

He’s been in a major funk
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:27 pm    Post subject:

Trez was getting cooked all night on defense. Absolutely no intimidation factor with him in the paint on defense.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:33 pm    Post subject:

Doesn’t Vogel sit with Trez and show tape of how horrible he is on defense?
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:34 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Doesn’t Vogel sit with Trez and show tape of how horrible he is on defense?

Looks like he doesn't want to hurt his feelings
Mental Health!
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:38 pm    Post subject:

Until Vogel will make an adjustment on the Harrell @C lineup. I wouldn't say that Lakers will win it all this season. I've seen enough. Even with a monster Starters, opponents will still get a run whenever harrell is manning the paint. I dont see him improve in the playoffs. He's not Rondo.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:42 pm    Post subject:

Replying to
@thatnewhorse

@TebowCouch
and
@NBAonTNT
Yeah that’s Harrell for you guys. Us clips had enough of his defensive liability ass. Sure he could get his stats. But that’s about it. He don’t care about winning. Just if he looks good on paper. Dudes a whole trash can in the clutch

Max.Adjei
@max_adjei1
·
15m
Replying to
@LakersNation
I have said this all season along: the Lakers did not need Montrezl Harrell. He's a net negative player even when he scores. Vogel should not make him the default 2nd unit center. He should compete w/ Gasol.

Flippers fans are enjoying this now.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:58 pm    Post subject:

I was never a fan of Trezz as a “center.” (As that was one of many reasons I begged for another big man). Now I see why.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:09 pm    Post subject:

I'm worry on what I am seeing now. I know Laker starters when complete is very hard to stop. It's just that I can't stop thinking that even if Lakers will have a monster Starting lineup, all of their efforts will just go to waste once Harrell goes in. And it's making me think twice if they can really win it all. I don't know how will Vogel mask Harrell's weakness if he will not bench him in the playoffs, because if not, that might cause them a series. Just like how Vogel mask Rondo's defense last year with AC helping him and also Rondo step it up a notch in the playoffs.

I am wondering why Vogel can't bench Harrell. Last season everytime Dwight or McGee will have a bad start, they will almost be bench immediately. But Vogel is just watching Harrell got abused out there without adjustments. Maybe that's why he's having a hard time what to do on Harrell, he is reluctant to put him @PF spot, but he can't also bench him.
vcdplaya3002
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:18 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
I'm worry on what I am seeing now. I know Laker starters when complete is very hard to stop. It's just that I can't stop thinking that even if Lakers will have a monster Starting lineup, all of their efforts will just go to waste once Harrell goes in. And it's making me think twice if they can really win it all. I don't know how will Vogel mask Harrell's weakness if he will not bench him in the playoffs, because if not, that might cause them a series. Just like how Vogel mask Rondo's defense last year with AC helping him and also Rondo step it up a notch in the playoffs.

I am wondering why Vogel can't bench Harrell. Last season everytime Dwight or McGee will have a bad start, they will almost be bench immediately. But Vogel is just watching Harrell got abused out there without adjustments. Maybe that's why he's having a hard time what to do on Harrell, he is reluctant to put him @PF spot, but he can't also bench him.

There is more than enough evidence to know that Harrel cannot anchor the defense as our backup center. Vogel has been using him in this position with predictably poor results all season. Harrel is best to be played with only lebron in a purely uptempo role where maybe the pace is fast enough to mask his deficiencies. Vogel biggest mistake all year has been his handling of the backup center minutes. It’s definitely a major weakness.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:19 pm    Post subject:

Harrell is likely a 1 year rental, unless Jeanie is open to bringing him back, hopefully he steps up in the playoffs.. if something is bothering him then maybe Vogel can sit him for a couple of games.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:22 pm    Post subject:

Had a bad string of games. Not going to be a "2 week warrior" that only has an attention span of 2 weeks.

But he is in kind of a slump, was better today, not on the defensive end but was more what we're used to.

That said, Vogel SHOULD be at least ATTEMPTING him at the backup 4 and Gasol at the backup 5.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 64, 65, 66  Next
Page 53 of 66
Jump to: