Official MONTREZL "6th Man of Year" HARRELL
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 64, 65, 66  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:25 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Harrell is likely a 1 year rental, unless Jeanie is open to bringing him back, hopefully he steps up in the playoffs.. if something is bothering him then maybe Vogel can sit him for a couple of games.

After seeing him vs Nuggets last playoffs. I will doubt he will step it up.
HermosaJoe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:29 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
Until Vogel will make an adjustment on the Harrell @C lineup. I wouldn't say that Lakers will win it all this season. I've seen enough. Even with a monster Starters, opponents will still get a run whenever harrell is manning the paint. I dont see him improve in the playoffs. He's not Rondo.

Agree 100%. But Vogel is VERY stubborn. If Vogel continues with Trez at the backup 5, it will be one of the reasons the Lakers do not repeat this season.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:34 pm    Post subject:

https://lakersnation.com/lakers-news-frank-vogel-gives-reason-for-montrezl-harrells-recent-struggles/2021/04/22/

This is freaking frustrating, Vogel did know that Harrell struggled for many games now, but he still keep on using him without even adjusting and watch him struggle more.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:46 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Harrell is likely a 1 year rental, unless Jeanie is open to bringing him back, hopefully he steps up in the playoffs.. if something is bothering him then maybe Vogel can sit him for a couple of games.

You're just gonna ignore WHY he struggled that series?
vcdplaya3002
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:46 pm    Post subject:

Vogel is afraid to bench him in my opinion maybe due to team politics since lebron is the top dog and Trezz is a klutch client possibly?
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:58 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
leking006 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

You're just gonna ignore WHY he struggled that series?

He struggled because he can't guard Jokic, that's a fact. And if you want to say because of death of his grandma, guess what he can't still move on, he is still struggling with that.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:03 pm    Post subject:

Trezz seems more like a guy who can put up big numbers on a bad team than a meaningful contributor to a contender.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:40 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Trezz seems more like a guy who can put up big numbers on a bad team than a meaningful contributor to a contender.

He was putting up big numbers after LeBron went down then the Lakers got Drummond and boom he started to struggle and it doesn’t help that he can’t get over the death of her grandmother
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:36 am    Post subject:

HermosaJoe wrote:
leking006 wrote:
Until Vogel will make an adjustment on the Harrell @C lineup. I wouldn't say that Lakers will win it all this season. I've seen enough. Even with a monster Starters, opponents will still get a run whenever harrell is manning the paint. I dont see him improve in the playoffs. He's not Rondo.

Agree 100%. But Vogel is VERY stubborn. If Vogel continues with Trez at the backup 5, it will be one of the reasons the Lakers do not repeat this season.

Sure, if you ignore the fact that Vogel was more than willing to bench guys like McGee/Howard for almost entire series during the playoffs due to match up issues, I guess you can stress out that Vogel will just keep letting Harrell get fried out there during the playoffs contrary to all evidence he showed during our championship run.

Vogel has shown he can and will make lineup adjustments based on matchups and performance when it actually matters. Losing these games now sucks, but it doesn’t really mean much with AD rusty and minutes restricted and Lebron still out. If we lose this season in the playoffs, I doubt it’ll be due to Vogel’s supposed stubbornness and that it would have more due to our top five players not being 100 percent after unfortunately timed long injuries.
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:49 am    Post subject:

Need to play him with Gasol. Part of it is the fact that he is undersized in his position and the other is that the 2nd unit sucks ass.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:02 am    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
HermosaJoe wrote:
leking006 wrote:

Sure, if you ignore the fact that Vogel was more than willing to bench guys like McGee/Howard for almost entire series during the playoffs due to match up issues, I guess you can stress out that Vogel will just keep letting Harrell get fried out there during the playoffs contrary to all evidence he showed during our championship run.

Vogel has shown he can and will make lineup adjustments based on matchups and performance when it actually matters. Losing these games now sucks, but it doesn’t really mean much with AD rusty and minutes restricted and Lebron still out. If we lose this season in the playoffs, I doubt it’ll be due to Vogel’s supposed stubbornness and that it would have more due to our top five players not being 100 percent after unfortunately timed long injuries.

That's the big question, will he bench Harrell like what he did with DH and McGee? What I am seeing is he doesn't have the guts to do that even in an important game like earlier. There something about Harrell that made Vogel went away from his coaching philosophy.

If that was DH or McGee playing like trash in the first half, they wont probably have any minutes in the 2nd half.
vcdplaya3002
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:26 am    Post subject:

There is no mystery why Harrel gets his minutes regardless of how poorly he plays defense. He is a klutch client and his role on the team was pretty much guaranteed when he signed for us at a big pay discount. Vogel has to follow company orders.
point-guard
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:01 am    Post subject:

I think Vogel is trying to play him back into confidence. If come playoff time he’s still in his slump, i dont think Vogel will give a rat ass about him whether he’s a klutch client or not. So klutch is going to risk Lebron and ad’s chance of a title because of trez? No way in hell. He has 10 ish games more to prove himself, before gasol comes back and banish him forever
vcdplaya3002
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:07 am    Post subject:

Absolutely agree here, if gasol takes those fifteen minutes as the backup C, the team will not be hemorrhaging points at the very least. He is stiff offensively but at least with Gasol you can count on respectable defense. The solution is quite obvious that Harrel needs to be benched until he can at least compete defensively. Right now Harrel is the worst defender on the team by a significant margin.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:18 am    Post subject:

Regular season Trezz is fine most of the time.

Playoffs I hope we run a Gasol/Kieff backup front court and use Trezz in opportunistic matchups.

I’m not sure he will get more than his player option next year actually.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:39 am    Post subject:

I think him and THT will be out of the rotation come playoff time
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:22 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:

THT is going to play. He’s our 3rd creator behind LBJ/Dennis.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:34 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
danzag wrote:

For short spurts maybe... But he's getting exposed and the lack of 3 point shooting don't do him any favors
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:45 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
danzag wrote:

For short spurts maybe... But he's getting exposed and the lack of 3 point shooting don't do him any favors

Also, his defense has been shaky, also getting exposed and will be hunted.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:16 am    Post subject:

It depends how Wes plays which will determine what happens with THT.

Because right now Wes, THT and McLemore are all fighting for minutes right now.

Harrell will play regardless. The thing is Kief is having a good stretch currently.

Anyway, Harrell should be getting backup 4 minutes and Gasol getting the backup 5 minutes.

This should have been what we were doing BEFORE Davis came back and Kief was in the starting lineup and then we could've made a decision by now how it looked and whether to keep Kief in the constant rotation or if the Harrell/Gasol backup lineup was too beneficial.

But Vogel's handled this situation very stupidly.
vcdplaya3002
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:34 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

Harrell will play regardless. The thing is Kief is having a good stretch currently.

Anyway, Harrell should be getting backup 4 minutes and Gasol getting the backup 5 minutes.

This should have been what we were doing BEFORE Davis came back and Kief was in the starting lineup and then we could've made a decision by now how it looked and whether to keep Kief in the constant rotation or if the Harrell/Gasol backup lineup was too beneficial.

Vogel appears to be going to the grave with Harrel at the 5 no matter how much evidence there is that the defense will hemorrhage points with Harrel as your anchor. It doesn't matter if Harrel scores 30 points because the other team will get all those points on the other side.

The only silver lining is that Rondo was equally god awful all regular season last year, and then he flipped a switch and turned into a different player in the playoffs. If vogel is counting on a similar flip of the switch than I can buy what he is doing for now...
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:57 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
danzag wrote:

"Creator"
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:14 pm    Post subject:

vcdplaya3002 wrote:
MJST wrote:

Vogel appears to be going to the grave with Harrel at the 5 no matter how much evidence there is that the defense will hemorrhage points with Harrel as your anchor. It doesn't matter if Harrel scores 30 points because the other team will get all those points on the other side.

The only silver lining is that Rondo was equally god awful all regular season last year, and then he flipped a switch and turned into a different player in the playoffs. If vogel is counting on a similar flip of the switch than I can buy what he is doing for now...

Trez will be fine. He is not a defensive anchor but with Lebron and AD on full gear, he will be an asset when it matters. Vogel is managing the team accordingly in line with our regular season vision. It’s more important to not lose confidence with integral personnel than gaining Ws for rehearsal season.
vcdplaya3002
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:55 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
vcdplaya3002 wrote:
MJST wrote:

Trez will be fine. He is not a defensive anchor but with Lebron and AD on full gear, he will be an asset when it matters. Vogel is managing the team accordingly in line with our regular season vision. It’s more important to not lose confidence with integral personnel than gaining Ws for rehearsal season.

If this all just a dress rehearsal then why the heck not even test out the Gasol/Harrell combination at the 4/5 and see how it works. There is nothing to lose by not even giving it a chance. It might actually be something Vogel could turn to down the road.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:56 pm    Post subject:

vcdplaya3002 wrote:
MJST wrote:

There is a playoff Rondo which is already proven, I dont think there is a playoff Harrell.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 64, 65, 66  Next
Page 54 of 66
Jump to: