Official MONTREZL "6th Man of Year" HARRELL
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 64, 65, 66  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 9:01 pm    Post subject:

Worse thing Vogel has done for him was constantly pair him with Kieff.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 6:38 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

Yeah I am dumbfounded as to why this keeps happening. Trez is who he is. Wish he can spread the floor. He's a C trapped in a PF body. I really want to see how he does at guarding the opposing PF when a guy like AD or Gasol is there to help.

Vogel could've played with this idea last night. At this point he's just refusing to.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 9:47 pm    Post subject:

Whatever value Trez had is ruined. Vogel cut his balls off. There is always room for a hard worker like Trez (if he is put in a position to succeed). Sorry, but Frank ruined him.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 10:13 pm    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
Whatever value Trez had is ruined. Vogel cut his balls off. There is always room for a hard worker like Trez (if he is put in a position to succeed). Sorry, but Frank ruined him.

Vogel expects you to perform on the defensive end. Harrell has not improved one bit on that end to justify the playing time tbh.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 3:43 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

Vogel expects you to perform on the defensive end. Harrell has not improved one bit on that end to justify the playing time tbh.

I hear what you are saying, but its up to Frank to put him in an advantageous situation. We all know what skillset he brings as well as his limitations. I really think Frank has done him a disservice in regards to matchups (opposition) and pairings (who he runs the floor with).
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 7:29 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

I hear what you are saying, but its up to Frank to put him in an advantageous situation. We all know what skillset he brings as well as his limitations. I really think Frank has done him a disservice in regards to matchups (opposition) and pairings (who he runs the floor with).

Yep, Vogel shares some of the blame too.

I just think Harrell is unplayable in the playoffs, particularly because he breaks the Lakers defensive scheme which on most nights is their 3rd star.

They took a shot that Vogel and Hollins could mold him into a good enough defender, but that has failed. Some players are just incapable of improving in a certain part of the game. That’s why they are role or bench players and for Harrell, his lack of defensive IQ makes him like the other 5s around the league who get played off the court and he’s certainly not playing the 4 for any significant minutes with AD and Lebron on this team.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 8:43 am    Post subject:

I think Trezz has his moments offensively. Works hard there.

But defensively? Holy cow. Hands down. Slow to rotations. Misses rotations. Fakes that facial injury at least 1-2 times a game when he blows a coverage. Guards can go right at him at the rim.

I just don't get it. I wish he would transfer that energy he has on offense to defense. It must be infuriating as a defensive minded coach to see that if you're Vogel.
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 2:19 pm    Post subject:

I want to see Trezz out there with Marc. I'm thinking he's quick enough to guard 4's and you have Marc can stretch the floor so you don't have to bigs clogging up the paint. But i've read that Trez is bad guarding the pick and rolls and that with both of them out there, would be bad rim protection. Would you guys think it's bad to have both out there on the court?
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 6:33 pm    Post subject:

Lakerfan 4 Life wrote:
I want to see Trezz out there with Marc. I'm thinking he's quick enough to guard 4's and you have Marc can stretch the floor so you don't have to bigs clogging up the paint. But i've read that Trez is bad guarding the pick and rolls and that with both of them out there, would be bad rim protection. Would you guys think it's bad to have both out there on the court?

We will not know if Vogel won't even try it.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 4:55 pm    Post subject:

Montrezl finished 6th in Six Man of the Year voting.

https://twitter.com/nbapr/status/1396974000232935426?s=21
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 5:42 pm    Post subject:

He kind of sucks. He probably won't opt out. If he doesn't, does he have a no trade clause?
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 5:44 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:

I am not a Trez hater (I actually really like him), but I am fairly surprised he even cracked the top 10 in voting. Wow.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 9:12 pm    Post subject:

Bench his weakass ang Lakers will get their 18th ring.
matigol
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 4:05 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:

D-Rose would have deserved more
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 5:09 am    Post subject:

If he doesn't play much in this series, his role will only diminish in the next few rounds. Not sure what kind of contract offer he can get this offseason
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 6:27 am    Post subject:

He may actually opt in?

Which team will be eager to pay him more than what he's due next year from the Lakers if he opts in?
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 7:14 am    Post subject:

Still think one year at the mid level for a team that will probably trade you is below Trez’ market value. Someone will give him a few years in a deal. It would likely be a team with a PnR guard driven bench offense.

Atlanta, Charlotte, maybe Chicago if they don’t resign Markkanen all come to mind.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 9:30 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

Absolutely true...a lot of people here said Trez was a replacement for Dwight and was much better...I would say Dwight was a better player and much more valuable to us for what we needed than Trez has been.
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 9:33 am    Post subject:

any traditional center that joins Lakers will get his value go down by the end of the season.
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 9:56 am    Post subject:

Trezz is opting in

I don't think it's a bad thing, he'll impact for us in the regular season in a very good way. We just need to find a Dwight-type C that can play solid minutes for us when needed. Use him and AD in the playoffs
#18 next...
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 9:57 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

+1

This has killed Trezz, he's most effective playing with AD
#18 next...
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 9:58 am    Post subject:

Thing with Trez, we want to play big, and want to look intimidating. Hard to achieve that with a 6 foot 7 small ball 5. If we advance, we will need Trez in some of these match ups. Not every team has an Ayton, or a CP3 to feed Ayton type big inside.

The Suns are a different team, they also do not have a 3 point shooting big, and play a traditional athletic big man, with a traditional PG that runs the show. We have to match up with them using size and to be able to disrupt what they do, and Trez is unlikely to achieve that.

Plus there is spacing issues. The thing I wanted from Trez and Dennis all season was to develop some 1-2 punch chemistry as leaders of the bench mob. Unfortunately it never happened. So now the best thing to do is simply play with defense first mindset, and allow Bron to run the 2nd unit.

Ideally though, we would have have developed a 3-5 minutes a half lineup that featured Trez and Dennis as a 1-2 punch, while AD and Bron rested. The lineup could have been very useful in the playoffs, especially when teams would be loading up to stop AD-Bron and our shooters were not making their looks. We literally have gotten NOTHING from our 2nd unit the last 2 games.

I am not saying Trez deserves big minutes but had we built a 2nd unit that could actually play well for short bursts, we would have been a better playoff team as a whole. As well, I think we will still try to develop some of that using THT and Trez, if we are able to advance.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 10:24 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Thing with Trez, we want to play big, and want to look intimidating. Hard to achieve that with a 6 foot 7 small ball 5. If we advance, we will need Trez in some of these match ups. Not every team has an Ayton, or a CP3 to feed Ayton type big inside.

The Suns are a different team, they also do not have a 3 point shooting big, and play a traditional athletic big man, with a traditional PG that runs the show. We have to match up with them using size and to be able to disrupt what they do, and Trez is unlikely to achieve that.

Plus there is spacing issues. The thing I wanted from Trez and Dennis all season was to develop some 1-2 punch chemistry as leaders of the bench mob. Unfortunately it never happened. So now the best thing to do is simply play with defense first mindset, and allow Bron to run the 2nd unit.

Ideally though, we would have have developed a 3-5 minutes a half lineup that featured Trez and Dennis as a 1-2 punch, while AD and Bron rested. The lineup could have been very useful in the playoffs, especially when teams would be loading up to stop AD-Bron and our shooters were not making their looks. We literally have gotten NOTHING from our 2nd unit the last 2 games.

I am not saying Trez deserves big minutes but had we built a 2nd unit that could actually play well for short bursts, we would have been a better playoff team as a whole. As well, I think we will still try to develop some of that using THT and Trez, if we are able to advance.

Funnily enough, if the Clips end up overcoming their 0-2 deficit and advance to meet us in the WCF, that could be the matchup where we use Trezz to great effect, particularly if they keep giving Ibaka minimal minutes. Matching him up against Zubac I reckon would be food for Trezz. Unfortunately every other team in the West has a tall C that would likely make Trezz ineffective (Jokic, Gobert, Nurkic, to an extent Porzingis etc)
#18 next...
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 8:28 pm    Post subject:

alleyoop wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Funnily enough, if the Clips end up overcoming their 0-2 deficit and advance to meet us in the WCF, that could be the matchup where we use Trezz to great effect, particularly if they keep giving Ibaka minimal minutes. Matching him up against Zubac I reckon would be food for Trezz. Unfortunately every other team in the West has a tall C that would likely make Trezz ineffective (Jokic, Gobert, Nurkic, to an extent Porzingis etc)

Nope, even Net's claxton is scoring on trezz. Trezz can't guard nobody at center spot.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 8:29 pm    Post subject:

alleyoop wrote:
Trezz is opting in

I don't think it's a bad thing, he'll impact for us in the regular season in a very good way. We just need to find a Dwight-type C that can play solid minutes for us when needed. Use him and AD in the playoffs

Trezz is a liabilty at defensive end either as smallball C or not, that's a fact.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 64, 65, 66  Next
Page 58 of 66
Jump to: