Official MONTREZL "6th Man of Year" HARRELL
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 64, 65, 66  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:45 pm    Post subject:

Superlaker66 wrote:
Wow. Montrezl Harrell two year $19M is a steal! Definitely didn’t see this coming. Best part is Clippers probably didn’t see it coming either.

So far Pelinka is doing a great job. A+

Schroder = upgrade + youth
Harrell = upgrade + youth
Matthew = even + money savings

Feels so good to have someone competent pulling the trigger now. I can finally move on from the Mozgov & Deng trauma.

Going from the likes of Mitch Kupcake, Jimbo and Luke Walton to Rob Pelinka, Jeanie Buss and Frank Vogel has been a godsend for this organization.

Actual vision and logic to this front office. It makes me want to cry.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:48 pm    Post subject:

Love it! High motor and hustle points.

We still need a big body to replace Dwight, but they're out there.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:01 am    Post subject:

Regarding Harrell's bad defense in the paint last season.

I think one reason why harrell had a bad defense is because there was no other big in the paint alongside him. He was playing in the Clippers as C with PG and Jamychal Green alternating as PF. I watch his clips with the Clippers and he was good playing alongside big men like Dwight and Capela. I think with AD playing alongside him, they can help each other man the paint.
twisted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:11 am    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:

I know he's not a good defender (from what I've heard), but does he at least run the floor well? Will he become a new weapon for our fast break/transition game?

Oh yes he does. He can bring it up too
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:34 am    Post subject:

I love how quiet we’ve been about this move, but I’m not really sold. Who’s going to help us with Jocic, Embiid, Adams, etc.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:37 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
I love how quiet we’ve been about this move, but I’m not really sold. Who’s going to help us with Jocic, Embiid, Adams, etc.

He's a good help defender though when paired up with another good big man. Lakers has AD, Clippers doesnt have any good bigs. Let's wait and see, they can easily sign a big man that will be waived in the mid season.
Big Shot Bob
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:40 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:

My money is on JaVale being shipped out, along with cash and a distant 2nd rounder... Marc Gasol in to replace him.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

AFireInside619 wrote:

Sixers not making finals
Peicans not making playoffs
Jokic, we might not even meet them in playoffs and this is not final roster. Why panic
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

LOL @ the Clippers.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:42 am    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
ocho wrote:
I’m genuinely stunned.

How so?

Probably because he could have gotten a 4 yr $60mm deal

I am expecting some kind of response from Ocho with this much wow factor:

"Ohh, say, does thaa-at flag..BAN-NER wave, ov-er, AAAAHH-AHH-AAALLLL THAAAAT'S GREE-EEN!... For the hoooo-ome of the laaaaand!...and the laaaand oooof thaaaa BRAVE!"

Last edited by non-player zealot on Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Dumhead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:43 am    Post subject:

I did not see this coming.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:45 am    Post subject:

Talent wise this is without question a huge steal and get. But talent on paper does not win you championships.

Vogel will need to work on TRez on his D.
LBJ/AD will need to keep him in line in the playoffs.

No argument- we went from a 2 superstar, role player team to a 2 superstar + elite 3rd + 4th option team. We should have more firepower now. It remains to be seen if we can stay as good on D, and it remains to be seen if the extra talent on offense will translate into chemistry on court. But if it does. Geez. We’re scary talented.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
RhodyRay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:53 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Talent wise this is without question a huge steal and get. But talent on paper does not win you championships.

No argument- we went from a 2 superstar, role player team to a 2 superstar + elite 3rd + 4th option team. We should have more firepower now. It remains to be seen if we can stay as good on D, and it remains to be seen if the extra talent on offense will translate into chemistry on court. But if it does. Geez. We’re scary talented.

We have more offensive firepower and we are younger and the roster is not even complete yet.

Last year Rob put this team together in 48 hours, he has another 24 hours to finish building this team. He won't get Executive of the Year but the Lakers could get another chip!
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:57 am    Post subject:

^
Rob made it very clear they had planned for this months ago.
Winning the chip, did not change their plans.

They had TRez in the bag for ages probably due to knowledge from Klutch.
Then they wanted Schro for ages too.

Not upset, excited. But also cautious since I’ve seen many teams be loaded on paper only to not have the Uber talent mesh. If this meshes, man, we improved.

I’m also sure they are not done.
P.K.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:03 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

Trez's defense is underrated on LG.
His DPM was .5 this year, and .7 last year
so, he's a somewhat above average defender

for comparison:
Kuzma's was -1.0 this year and -1.2 last year
DH's was 1.2 this year

Trez is super energetic, athletic, and there's no quit in the guy...with some better coaching, I'd actually expect him to get even better on D
NPZ's Magic Johnson mix: www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8Qbo0WqvOI
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:07 am    Post subject:

P.K. wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Trez's defense is underrated. His DPM was .5 this year, and .7 last year
so, he's a somewhat above average defender

for comparison:
Kuzma's was -1.0 this year and -1.2 last year
DH's was 1.2 this year

Trez is super energetic, athletic, and there's no quit in the guy...with some better coaching, I'd actually expect him to get better

Agreed and I don’t have the same concerns with him as the Clippers because we have an elite defensive big in AD to pair him with. They usually went small with TRez and that can hurt them in the playoffs or situations. We can go big with AD at the 5 on D, 4 on 0. TRez plays the 4 on D and the 5 on O. Situational match up.

For example against a match up like Miami ... Harrell could have started and matched up with Bam, while AD took the defensive anchoring and help D duties. We couldn’t do that with Dwight. I see the positives I really do, I’m just cautious because we’ve not seen a Lakers team this talented on offense in a long long time.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:08 am    Post subject:

Welcome to the squad Montrezl!
andree
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:21 am    Post subject:

I didn't see this coming and try to sort out.

Next year we won't have the 4 month pause in the middle of the season, when Lebron can rest his body. That will be a pretty brutsl marathon and we Lebron needs to come with enough gas in the tank in the playoffs. With Schroeder, Harell and hopefully another wing (Josh Jackson, Portis) and KCP, we are now much younger, durable and most important valuable enough to better manage Lebron's minutes.

Even if he won 6th MOY, he was eaten alive by Joker in the playoffs. He was abysmal. Joker is the best offensive big man in the NBA (sorry AD), even if overall AD is better. We succeed slowing Joker because Dwight was able to match phisically with him for 15-20m and than AD took the charge. Still Joker made his game.

I just don't believe Klutch and Pelinka, took Harell without asking Vogel, if he can use him and if together with AD, he could be suitable for our defensive system. If we could integrate him in our defense, that will be scary, for the other 29 teams.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:26 am    Post subject:

Welcome to the Lakers Trezzzz!!!

This move was a payback on the Clippers... Clippers was quiet then pulled Kawhi away from us with the PG13 trade that shocked everybody.

Lakers was quiet and just pulled Trezzz away from the Clips for a discount while they overpaid for PG13 and now Marcus Morris...!!!

Payback B*****S!!!!
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:29 am    Post subject:

That’s the thing tho, if we played Denver with our roster, AD takes Joker. Harrell would have taken Millsap/Grant.

The Clippers don’t have an AD type to put on bigs and rotate out onto smalls. It was their weakness.

That said, I totally agree the team will miss Dwight’s physical game if they don’t sign a better big than McGee.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:33 am    Post subject:

From my chat with a die hard Clipper fan (as in dating back to the 80's):

"Me: I know he won sixth man, but no D and no 3, right?
Clipper: No,no,no. Solid Defense. Good rebounder. Lakers got a good one. He is a small ball center."

That's his 2 cents. Did make it clear the Jokic matchup is an unfair gauge of him on defense.

As an aside, the dude has a 7'4 wingspan.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:35 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
That’s the thing tho, if we played Denver with our roster, AD takes Joker. Harrell would have taken Millsap/Grant.

The Clippers don’t have an AD type to put on bigs and rotate out onto smalls. It was their weakness.

That said, I totally agree the team will miss Dwight’s physical game if they don’t sign a better big than McGee.

I think they will Wolf. Thompson seems almost too easy a pick with the Klutch connection. But we will see.

Shame about Dwight. That one still makes little sense to me.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:44 am    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:

Clipper: No,no,no. Solid Defense. Good rebounder. Lakers got a good one. He is a small ball center."

That's his 2 cents. Did make it clear the Jokic matchup is an unfair gauge of him on defense.

And defense is Vogel’s thing.
He won’t match up Harrell with a dude that can roast him.
He will put AD and others on Joker, and would use MH at the 4 on D.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:50 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
DrDent wrote:

And defense is Vogel’s thing.
He won’t match up Harrell with a dude that can roast him.
He will put AD and others on Joker, and would use MH at the 4 on D.

Yup, good thing is Lakers has a coach that can utilized Harrell on defense. Look at what he did with rondo, he played Caruso togwther with him to help him on D. Same will happen with Harrell, AD is there to help him up. Imagine 2 energetic and hustle guys manning thae paint. Harrell might not be a good defender against bigger guys but Lakers system can easily find a way to help him.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:32 am    Post subject:

Yea I don't know how you can be upset about signing guy... Dude's motor is crazy and just adds another dimension to this team. The guy is quick and can get to the basket with ease if you give him any type of room. He is really good on the low block. Can finish around the rim. His defense don't seem to be that bad either. I'm pretty sure Vogel can show him how to be in the right spot.

18.6ppg/7.1rpg/1.1bpg 58% fg... That's a lot of production for $9.5m per year.

Last edited by miggz23 on Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:37 am; edited 2 times in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 64, 65, 66  Next
Page 4 of 66
Jump to: