Official MONTREZL "6th Man of Year" HARRELL
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57, 58  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
roger_federer
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 01 Mar 2020
Posts: 822

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:08 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
roger_federer wrote:
ahaider wrote:
roger_federer wrote:
Tell me one playoff team against which Trezz will be effective


Clippers


Rondo would eat him alive.


Do you even root for the Lakers?


I do root for Lakers. what does that have anything to do with the fact that Trez is a bad signing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 43416

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:04 pm    Post subject:

Trez showed up tonight w/ 18 points, 5 rebounds, 3 steals and he didn't kill us defensively (+5).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 5122

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:05 pm    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
roger_federer wrote:
ahaider wrote:
roger_federer wrote:
Tell me one playoff team against which Trezz will be effective


Clippers


Rondo would eat him alive.


Do you even root for the Lakers?


I do root for Lakers. what does that have anything to do with the fact that Trez is a bad signing.

Dennis will kill rondo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Roger O. Thornhill
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Oct 2007
Posts: 11702
Location: Deep Space 9

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:33 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Trez showed up tonight w/ 18 points, 5 rebounds, 3 steals and he didn't kill us defensively (+5).


Agreed, pretty solid outing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 13 Apr 2001
Posts: 30786

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:21 pm    Post subject:

I am so (bleep) sick of Trez exaggerating contact and acting like he got an eye poked out and leaving the rest of the team hung out to dry as he pretends he’s badly hurt. If it happened once in a while, okay, sometimes contact happens that can be scary and it takes a moment before you realize you’re fine, but he does it at least once a game. Suck it the (bleep) up and get your ass back on defense.

At least he finally scored today against a (bleep) Magic defense.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number Reply with quote
leking006
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Oct 2018
Posts: 2345

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:27 pm    Post subject:

Roger O. Thornhill wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Trez showed up tonight w/ 18 points, 5 rebounds, 3 steals and he didn't kill us defensively (+5).


Agreed, pretty solid outing.


He did in the first half. And his offense just clicked in the 2nd half and Magic sucks. But still bad defense overall.

If they will play like that vs Wizards, they will be eaten alive.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Mar 2015
Posts: 1507

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:28 pm    Post subject:

I just wish we had a pnr partner for him besides LBJ. Last year Lou would come in and make the defense pick their poison. Like DS, but his drives seem to be predetermined, instead of taking what the defense gives him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Sep 2020
Posts: 1063

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:35 pm    Post subject:

Glad to see some fire from Trezz! The yell was scaaaary
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MJST
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 20164

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:07 am    Post subject:

Trez was going to bounce back. Still want to see Vogel play him at backup 4 and Gasol at backup 5 though. Particularly with Morris's shot being off and him not really contributing much. I guess he deserves just as much of a chance. At the same time, I don't think Kieff at the 4 and Harrell at the 5 is better than Gasol at the 5 and Harrell at the 4.
_________________
How NBA 2K18 failed the All-Time Lakers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxMBYm3wwxk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jul 2014
Posts: 6158

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:02 am    Post subject:

Kobetan wrote:
Glad to see some fire from Trezz! The yell was scaaaary


The yell is becoming obnoxious. So tired of him screaming “ and one” every play too.

Lucky he wasn’t T’d up at least once. Could easily been a couple times.

Would love to see him use the same energy on defense as he does on his over the top dunks. I get it, you dunked the ball. Does he really need the flex and scream every time?

Thin line between high energy and annoying. He crosses it often for me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
laker50
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Mar 2014
Posts: 1974

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:11 am    Post subject:

There seems to be a good Trez and a ba Trez.
He is very effective when involved.
His manner just have to live with, at least for this year.

But if used in a smart manner he is useful.
He is not an inside rim protector. His best position is PF and
small ball center.
Let Drummond, AD, and Gasol guard the rim.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 111516

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:15 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Kobetan wrote:
Glad to see some fire from Trezz! The yell was scaaaary


The yell is becoming obnoxious. So tired of him screaming “ and one” every play too.

Lucky he wasn’t T’d up at least once. Could easily been a couple times.

Would love to see him use the same energy on defense as he does on his over the top dunks. I get it, you dunked the ball. Does he really need the flex and scream every time?

Thin line between high energy and annoying. He crosses it often for me.


Yeah. He has this physicality on offense where he can squeeze in a layup when it looks like it is impossible. But then you see him on defense. Hands down. Just lackadaisical. He has a lot of great physical tools to be a good defender. Not sure why it's not there...
_________________
Never underestimate the heart of a champion.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Sep 2020
Posts: 1063

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:36 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Kobetan wrote:
Glad to see some fire from Trezz! The yell was scaaaary


The yell is becoming obnoxious. So tired of him screaming “ and one” every play too.

Lucky he wasn’t T’d up at least once. Could easily been a couple times.

Would love to see him use the same energy on defense as he does on his over the top dunks. I get it, you dunked the ball. Does he really need the flex and scream every time?

Thin line between high energy and annoying. He crosses it often for me.


Yeah. He has this physicality on offense where he can squeeze in a layup when it looks like it is impossible. But then you see him on defense. Hands down. Just lackadaisical. He has a lot of great physical tools to be a good defender. Not sure why it's not there...


I remember seeing him swatting shots left and right on a number of games after LBJ went down, and thought he can't be that bad on defense.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BandwagonLBJhopper
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 07 Feb 2020
Posts: 858

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:34 am    Post subject:

Vogel might be smarter than I thought. It seems like the benching seemed to wake Trezz up.

If we can get him playing effectively next to AD would really help us come playoff time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
leking006
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Oct 2018
Posts: 2345

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:45 pm    Post subject:

What is Gasol and Harrell updated stats since Dre signing? Including +/-? Trezz is piling up negatives.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
leking006
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Oct 2018
Posts: 2345

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:49 pm    Post subject:

Is Harrell contract's included that he will not be bench? Because I kinda confuse that everytime Vogel wants to enter someone over him, he need first to talk to him and if it is ok for him. Like when he started Damian Jones over him and when he bench him over Gasol.

I doubt he is talking to Gasol and Wes everytime they are bench
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Jun 2003
Posts: 7558

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:46 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
Is Harrell contract's included that he will not be bench? Because I kinda confuse that everytime Vogel wants to enter someone over him, he need first to talk to him and if it is ok for him. Like when he started Damian Jones over him and when he bench him over Gasol.

I doubt he is talking to Gasol and Wes everytime they are bench


That’s just a good coach communicating with the players. I’m 100% sure Vogel has had similar conversations with Gasol and Wes when he decided they were going to sit.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 111516

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:36 am    Post subject:

It's a layup line with him at "center" on defense. Wish we would really consider running Marc/Trezz. Marc can spread the floor on offense, and be at the rim on defense.
_________________
Never underestimate the heart of a champion.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 13 Apr 2001
Posts: 30786

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:04 pm    Post subject:

Another game, another time Trez acts like his eye got gouged out and stands there holding his face while the team goes 4 and 5 and the other team gets a wide open shot. I don’t even know if he got legitimately hit since I was skipping through the dead ball situations and didn’t see the replay, but given his track record I’m guessing he didn’t and was just acting to try to get a call. I’m so over him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number Reply with quote
Lakersfan1211
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 28 Mar 2021
Posts: 275

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:10 pm    Post subject:

TBH, don't even care if he doesn't come back. Even when he's on a scoring spree, he gives points back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 15671

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 12:57 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Lakers center plus-minuses since Andre Drummond's debut:

Marc Gasol: +25
Andre Drummond: -12
Montrezl Harrell: -75

Sooner or later, we're going to have to have a conversation about that last number.


https://twitter.com/samquinncbs/status/1388372023085211652?s=21
_________________
Klutch Angeles Lakers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
hype
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Nov 2007
Posts: 2945
Location: Mission Viejo

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 6:37 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Another game, another time Trez acts like his eye got gouged out and stands there holding his face while the team goes 4 and 5 and the other team gets a wide open shot. I don’t even know if he got legitimately hit since I was skipping through the dead ball situations and didn’t see the replay, but given his track record I’m guessing he didn’t and was just acting to try to get a call. I’m so over him.


Yeah, it seems like he does it like clock work at least once every game and it kills us in the following transition play every single time as well. He did look like he actually got hurt a bit in this one but it's like crying wolf since the other 25 times before this he seemed perfectly fine 2 minutes later.

I will say his energy is slightly higher on the defensive end since he got benched for Gasol one game but still leaves a ton to be desired. The thing that bothers me most lately though is how Vogel needs more experimental time with the Keef, Trezz front court. Who would have thought two defensive liabilities manning your entire front court would consistently give up scoring runs? We have Gasol and Dre with AD about to also start playing more 5 heading to the Playoffs, no reason to throw that trash tandem out there nightly.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakers4life78
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 09 Apr 2012
Posts: 1651
Location: Southern California

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 9:45 pm    Post subject:

He’s a box score guy. He averages 15-8 and shoots 63% from the floor and then you realize he actually sucks. He can’t defend, pass or make rotations at all.

He was a weird fit and done mostly because he’s Klutch. He can take his opt out and F off.
_________________
17 time World Champions


Last edited by lakers4life78 on Sun May 02, 2021 9:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
misterchipmunk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 18 Apr 2010
Posts: 516

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 9:48 pm    Post subject:

I rather have Robert Sacre or Tarik Black than Trez
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 09 Jun 2015
Posts: 2046
Location: Croatia

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 10:59 pm    Post subject:

Except behaving like a clown and dunk the ball sometimes he is completely useless player. Cant defend, cant pass at all and extremely low BBIQ. Really hope he will not take that player option. Please go Trez. Play for someone else.
_________________
MY LAKERS HYPE VIDEO FOR NEW SEASON 2019-2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHCvesImQdQ&t=167s
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57, 58  Next
Page 56 of 58
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB