Can the Lakers compete with BKN in the Finals?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 62, 63, 64 ... 71, 72, 73  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:04 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Looks like Nets gonna go with Kuzma-Blake-Green rotation to throw at Giannis

HUH?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:25 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
governator wrote:

HUH?

Looks like nets going with Kuzma-Blake-green to throw at Bron/AD
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:00 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
jodeke wrote:
governator wrote:

HUH?

When did the Nets get Kuz? I thought he went to the Wizards.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:15 am    Post subject:

Let's get to the finals first. What's the timeline for Kawhi's return? That's probably my number one worry about the Lakers getting to the finals.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:54 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Let's get to the finals first. What's the timeline for Kawhi's return? That's probably my number one worry about the Lakers getting to the finals.

Kawhi is the Clippers number one worry. He wants private locker room space for his pregame warmups. That has to create chemistry problems. I don't know if it's in his contract. He's a diva.

LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:11 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
governator wrote:
jodeke wrote:
governator wrote:

HUH?

I think what he is trying to say is that the Wiz might trade Kuz to the Nets for Dinwiddie. Wouldn't that be something.. Kuz facing the Lakers in the finals
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:14 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:

He's likely out for the year. 9-12 months.
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:19 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:

Basically assume Kawhi 2021/22 season is over already.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:33 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Man, did we dodge a bullet?!

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:46 am    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
governator wrote:
jodeke wrote:
governator wrote:

HUH?

I think what he is trying to say is that the Wiz might trade Kuz to the Nets for Dinwiddie. Wouldn't that be something.. Kuz facing the Lakers in the finals

OK. That's the NBA rumor. Kuzma and Harrell for Dinwiddie in a sign and trade.

Mark10 45
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:19 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
32 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

our path out of the West is pretty darn easy. Nuggets and Clippers are unlikely to be at full power, or clicking even if they get their ACL stars back right before the playoffs.
Jazz I'm not scared of. Cp3 is a year older for the Suns, and I'd love to see if Westbrook can lock in and give Cp3 problems on both ends....

we have a straight path to the Finals
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:30 am    Post subject:

Mark10 45 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
32 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

our path out of the West is pretty darn easy. Nuggets and Clippers are unlikely to be at full power, or clicking even if they get their ACL stars back right before the playoffs.
Jazz I'm not scared of. Cp3 is a year older for the Suns, and I'd love to see if Westbrook can lock in and give Cp3 problems on both ends....

Amen. Assuming giraffe man AD would stay healthy and Kawhi was out for the year, no one in the West could touch us.
ahaider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:23 pm    Post subject:

Kenny Smith said he felt it would be easier for our big 3 to help together than Brooklyn’s big 3.

Full quote “Well, neither one of them (trios) we’ve seen play. To be really fair about it, when Brooklyn played their best basketball, one of those guys was always out last year. And when they were all together, we never really got a chance to see it.”

“The one thing that I would probably say is that the Lakers would probably just naturally play better easily. Because Anthony Davis doesn’t need to handle the basketball to be productive.”

“Russell Westbrook can pass and assist and rebound to be productive. LeBron doesn’t need the basketball to be productive. I think that when the Nets are at their best, their best players score.”

“So with one basketball, I would say it would be easier for the Lakers to adjust, to play better together. Will they? I don’t know, because we haven’t seen it. But I would say it’s easier for the Lakers.”

I agreed with his sentiments. It’s going to be challenging for Brooklyn to find offense when one of those guys has the ball. They’re all isolation players. Should be fun to watch - LA vs. BRK will be must see TV.

"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:45 pm    Post subject:

ahaider wrote:
Kenny Smith said he felt it would be easier for our big 3 to help together than Brooklyn’s big 3.

Full quote “Well, neither one of them (trios) we’ve seen play. To be really fair about it, when Brooklyn played their best basketball, one of those guys was always out last year. And when they were all together, we never really got a chance to see it.”

“The one thing that I would probably say is that the Lakers would probably just naturally play better easily. Because Anthony Davis doesn’t need to handle the basketball to be productive.”

“Russell Westbrook can pass and assist and rebound to be productive. LeBron doesn’t need the basketball to be productive. I think that when the Nets are at their best, their best players score.”

“So with one basketball, I would say it would be easier for the Lakers to adjust, to play better together. Will they? I don’t know, because we haven’t seen it. But I would say it’s easier for the Lakers.”

I agreed with his sentiments. It’s going to be challenging for Brooklyn to find offense when one of those guys has the ball. They’re all isolation players. Should be fun to watch - LA vs. BRK will be must see TV.

What I'm hopeful for w/Brooklyn is that they never learn what it will truly take to win. Harden is ball dominant, Kyrie the same, Durant not so much because even on minimal looks he's going to get his.

The 80's Lakers had a similar situation when Magic arrived. The previous season or two Norm Nixon dominated the ball, and did very well. But there was no question the ball would be in Magic's hands. Brooklyn, if they don't win it all soon, might look to get a more complementary piece just as the 80's Lakers did when we traded Norm for Byron Scott.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:55 pm    Post subject:

I kind of agree.. I think even though KD can be an isolation player he can also be an excellent off the ball player as well without too much of an issue.. I'm not worried about AD and I think the Nets probably feel the same way about KD.

imo it all comes down to how Bron & Westbrook mesh and how Kyrie & Harden mesh. I'm sure all four will continue to say all the right things but it will remain a question mark until we see it work well in person like Kenny said.

I think you can make very legitimate arguments for both sides if we're being neutral about it on who will play better together.. I'm obviously rolling with the Lakers to be the more successful trio but it will def. be an interesting season with us and Brooklyn being the clear cut favorites on paper.

I will say if Kawhi misses the entire season we should be able to take it easy with our trio most of the regular season and not push anyone with heavy minutes while still getting a top seed and the WC as of today is looking extremely weak with the only two teams i'd be even slightly worried about not at full health. I'm not remotely worried about the Suns or Jazz if we're healthy.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:06 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
I kind of agree.. I think even though KD can be an isolation player he can also be an excellent off the ball player as well without too much of an issue.. I'm not worried about AD and I think the Nets probably feel the same way about KD.

imo it all comes down to how Bron & Westbrook mesh and how Kyrie & Harden mesh. I'm sure all four will continue to say all the right things but it will remain a question mark until we see it work well in person like Kenny said.

I think you can make very legitimate arguments for both sides if we're being neutral about it on who will play better together.. I'm obviously rolling with the Lakers to be the more successful trio but it will def. be an interesting season with us and Brooklyn being the clear cut favorites on paper.

I will say if Kawhi misses the entire season we should be able to take it easy with our trio most of the regular season and not push anyone with heavy minutes while still getting a top seed and the WC as of today is looking extremely weak with the only two teams i'd be even slightly worried about not at full health. I'm not remotely worried about the Suns or Jazz if we're healthy.

Yep. Russell is a one man wrecking crew. A search and destroy mini-missile. LeBron, otoh, controls the action from the moment he touches the ball. When he crosses half-court he's surveying how to setup his teammates, and find someone to hunt.

Will we run a blistering pace (Russell style) or will we control teams through control of pace (LeBron style), dominant defense, and half-court offensive execution? These are two alpha players. One of them has more say because he has the rings.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:30 pm    Post subject:

Mark10 45 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
32 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Suns would have been swept this year but for obvious reasons. I think a lot of teams that did really well this year and will max out or overpay their own guys are going to regret it. Suns aren't getting past the second round provided teams are reasonably healthy as opposed to the (bleep)-show we had this season.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:09 pm    Post subject:

Man it’s going to be expensive to get tickets to the Brooklyn game
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:13 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:

If it was ever more obvious that Silver will make this the marquee Christmas Day matchup!
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:23 pm    Post subject:

I predicted Nets would not make the Finals last season.

I will double down and predict they don't make it to the Finals this upcoming season either.

epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:53 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:

I will double down and predict they don't make it to the Finals this upcoming season either.

Lakers Bucks sounds good to me.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:48 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

Is it too much to ask for Lakers vs Bulls?

cirehawk
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:08 pm    Post subject:

Kobetan wrote:
epic_ wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

We'd have to listen to Trip Bayless continue his "tired" narrative that LeBron got "lucky". lol
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:58 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:

At this rate with delta, who knows if staples (city of LA) will allow indoor sporting events by Xmas
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:44 am    Post subject:

cirehawk wrote:
Kobetan wrote:
epic_ wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

We'd have to listen to Trip Bayless continue his "tired" narrative that LeBron got "lucky". lol

Really if not for Shannon Sharpe, I dunno how anyone can sit through his 'takes'.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 62, 63, 64 ... 71, 72, 73  Next
Page 63 of 73
Jump to: