Can the Lakers compete with BKN in the Finals?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
leking006
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Oct 2018
Posts: 2817

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 6:21 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
leking006 wrote:
Lakers really exposed the Nets, looks like Bucks and Sixers already figired them out


Those were both good games, easily winnable for the Nets. Can't really draw conclusions when they're without Harden.


Nope, todays game should have not been close in the end. Giannis is just stupid enough to settle for 3pt shots that give Nets a chance.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PenG_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Feb 2020
Posts: 4341

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 6:24 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
leking006 wrote:
Lakers really exposed the Nets, looks like Bucks and Sixers already figired them out


Those were both good games, easily winnable for the Nets. Can't really draw conclusions when they're without Harden.


Nope, todays game should have not been close in the end. Giannis is just stupid enough to settle for 3pt shots that give Nets a chance.


Yeah Giannis was really bad in the 2nd half. Started the game 8-11 then went 3-19, missed every shot outside the paint in the 2nd half.
He hit his FTs though.

He gotta taste of the KD life in the 1st game then got carried away
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
leking006
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Oct 2018
Posts: 2817

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 6:29 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
leking006 wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
leking006 wrote:
Lakers really exposed the Nets, looks like Bucks and Sixers already figired them out


Those were both good games, easily winnable for the Nets. Can't really draw conclusions when they're without Harden.


Nope, todays game should have not been close in the end. Giannis is just stupid enough to settle for 3pt shots that give Nets a chance.


Yeah Giannis was really bad in the 2nd half. Started the game 8-11 then went 3-19, missed every shot outside the paint in the 2nd half.
He hit his FTs though.

He gotta taste of the KD life in the 1st game then got carried away


He challenged KD in a shootout that almost cause them the game lol. Good thing KD choked those 3pt attempts. Bucks can really beat the Nets, but if Giannis will keep on settlinh for that 3, it will cause their downfall. But if he sticks to the game plan on atracking them inside, I dont think Nets will win against them. Nobody can guard Giannis on the Nets.

Bucks could have won their 1st game vs the Nets big 3, but Giannis settled for 3s and bricked in that game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
leking006
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Oct 2018
Posts: 2817

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 4:46 pm    Post subject:

I dont think Nets is still the favorite to win the ring right now, they wont even make it to the finals.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PenG_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Feb 2020
Posts: 4341

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 5:00 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
I dont think Nets is still the favorite to win the ring right now, they wont even make it to the finals.


The Net's odds have only increased over the last couple weeks, while the Lakers are receding to the point where we're only marginally favored over the Clippers.

Harden is the engine of that team.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Aeneas Hunter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Jul 2005
Posts: 24731

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 5:34 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
leking006 wrote:
I dont think Nets is still the favorite to win the ring right now, they wont even make it to the finals.


The Net's odds have only increased over the last couple weeks, while the Lakers are receding to the point where we're only marginally favored over the Clippers.

Harden is the engine of that team.


Yep. It will be interesting to see how it goes if Harden comes back healthy. Actually, pretty much all of the contenders have significant question marks right now. The Nets have the highest ceiling in the East, but they may or may not reach that ceiling.
_________________
Internet Argument Resolved
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
leking006
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Oct 2018
Posts: 2817

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 6:08 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
leking006 wrote:
I dont think Nets is still the favorite to win the ring right now, they wont even make it to the finals.


The Net's odds have only increased over the last couple weeks, while the Lakers are receding to the point where we're only marginally favored over the Clippers.

Harden is the engine of that team.


they still scoring 120+ and still losing. Not unless Harden will increase their total score to 150+, I dont think they can win, that defense will just got worse with Harden there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 15 Sep 2012
Posts: 26122
Location: La La Land

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 8:20 pm    Post subject:

Nash and MDA are going small having Durant and Griffin guard 5s. That ain't gonna get it done come playoff time.

Brooklyn's coaching staff is making them look beatable. Even though they are the clear favorite.

I'm sure in their mind, Harden's P&R offense will force opposing coaches to bench their bigs. But that's dangerous to rely on. Harden has a long history of struggling in the post season.
_________________
“No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.” - Heraclitus
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 May 2006
Posts: 13377

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 8:34 pm    Post subject:

They need Harden to make it happen. Kyrie and KD aren’t playmakers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
vcdplaya3002
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 21 Mar 2008
Posts: 265

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 8:51 pm    Post subject:

The Nets are going to face what the 2008 Lakers faced in the finals when their offense will not be as efficient and their horrific defense gets exposed. At some point a championship team has to play some defense.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
leking006
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Oct 2018
Posts: 2817

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 12:20 am    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
They need Harden to make it happen. Kyrie and KD aren’t playmakers.


They have no problem on offense, they shot 50+% fg and on 3s. It's their defense that is their main problem. I dont know how Harden will solve that. lmfao

Not unless Harden will up their 120+ pts to 150+, they will not win a series vs Bucks or Sixers.

Heat beat the Bucks last year with their defense, I dont see than on these Nets.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
cencio_999
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 12 Nov 2019
Posts: 229

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 1:12 am    Post subject:

When irving, KD and harden are healty and on the floor togheter, the pressure is so high on the opposite defense, even elite defense, that they can beat anybody.

And they are much harder to adjust against in a 7 game series than the other contenders.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
leking006
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Oct 2018
Posts: 2817

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 12:20 am    Post subject:

cencio_999 wrote:
When irving, KD and harden are healty and on the floor togheter, the pressure is so high on the opposite defense, even elite defense, that they can beat anybody.

And they are much harder to adjust against in a 7 game series than the other contenders.


Nah, Bucks could have swept them in regular season series if not for Giannis falling in love with 3s in their first game, and that game was just 1 shot away for the Bucks to win vs their Big 3. Sixers and Bucks will destroy this team, Heat will give them a hard time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 15 Sep 2012
Posts: 26122
Location: La La Land

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 12:24 am    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
cencio_999 wrote:
When irving, KD and harden are healty and on the floor togheter, the pressure is so high on the opposite defense, even elite defense, that they can beat anybody.

And they are much harder to adjust against in a 7 game series than the other contenders.


Nah, Bucks could have swept them in regular season series if not for Giannis falling in love with 3s in their first game, and that game was just 1 shot away for the Bucks to win vs their Big 3. Sixers and Bucks will destroy this team, Heat will give them a hard time.


Jrue Holiday can only guard 1 person between Harden or Irving. And I'm not even sure MIL gets past MIA in round 1.
_________________
“No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.” - Heraclitus
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
leking006
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Oct 2018
Posts: 2817

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 12:47 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
leking006 wrote:
cencio_999 wrote:
When irving, KD and harden are healty and on the floor togheter, the pressure is so high on the opposite defense, even elite defense, that they can beat anybody.

And they are much harder to adjust against in a 7 game series than the other contenders.


Nah, Bucks could have swept them in regular season series if not for Giannis falling in love with 3s in their first game, and that game was just 1 shot away for the Bucks to win vs their Big 3. Sixers and Bucks will destroy this team, Heat will give them a hard time.


Jrue Holiday can only guard 1 person between Harden or Irving. And I'm not even sure MIL gets past MIA in round 1.


Nets offense will always be there, even with Harden or not they are still scoring more than 120+. Their defense is the main problem. With Harden playing, it will be the same % and shot attempts. But their defense will still suck. Not unless Harden will improve their defense, I doubt they will win vs Bucks and Sixers. They already got exposed by the Lakers, other teams are just following the template.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
cencio_999
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 12 Nov 2019
Posts: 229

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 4:48 am    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
leking006 wrote:
cencio_999 wrote:
When irving, KD and harden are healty and on the floor togheter, the pressure is so high on the opposite defense, even elite defense, that they can beat anybody.

And they are much harder to adjust against in a 7 game series than the other contenders.


Nah, Bucks could have swept them in regular season series if not for Giannis falling in love with 3s in their first game, and that game was just 1 shot away for the Bucks to win vs their Big 3. Sixers and Bucks will destroy this team, Heat will give them a hard time.


Jrue Holiday can only guard 1 person between Harden or Irving. And I'm not even sure MIL gets past MIA in round 1.


Nets offense will always be there, even with Harden or not they are still scoring more than 120+. Their defense is the main problem. With Harden playing, it will be the same % and shot attempts. But their defense will still suck. Not unless Harden will improve their defense, I doubt they will win vs Bucks and Sixers. They already got exposed by the Lakers, other teams are just following the template.


Their offense changes with harden on the floor, no matter if BKN scores the same points.
They become much more difficult to defend and to match-up, because at least one between KD, irving and harden will be on the floor. Defensive rotations need to be perfect as well.

In the East I don't see phila beating them on a 7 games series, because they don't have enough fire power on offense and embiid can be exposed on the defending high P&R or forcing switches.
MIN has better odds because its big 3 can match-up on defense with BKN big 3, but Giannis needs to take and make mid-Js and 3s with some consistency.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PenG_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Feb 2020
Posts: 4341

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 5:22 am    Post subject:

KD is shooting 47% from three on 5.6 attempts/game.

Analytics departments must be losing their minds wondering why he isn't taking more threes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Laker_Jocker
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 Jul 2004
Posts: 2018

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:49 pm    Post subject:

So, no....

f'n all star team over there and all 3 locked up at least through next year

Lakers need to overpay DS and then flip him and whatever other salary to get a legit 3rd superstar (Dame/Curry/Beal) before LBJ can't play anymore or its going to be AD3's Pelicans in LA real soon....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Sina
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Jul 2015
Posts: 1643

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:42 am    Post subject:

We need a healthy AD more than anything else
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Mar 2020
Posts: 1345

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:13 am    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
leking006 wrote:
Lakers really exposed the Nets, looks like Bucks and Sixers already figired them out


Those were both good games, easily winnable for the Nets. Can't really draw conclusions when they're without Harden.


Nope, todays game should have not been close in the end. Giannis is just stupid enough to settle for 3pt shots that give Nets a chance.


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62
Page 62 of 62
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB