Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:49 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Government cheese ... powdered milk to boot.

That was the early 80s for us. Both may parents came home on the same day and had lost their jobs.

At my dad's funeral a few years ago, I spoke about how the proudest I ever was of him was not success he later had, but going with him as a kid to paint someone's house and wallpaper someone else's. This was a college educated man, computer programmer, but had to do what he had to do. His lowest point in his life was actually the highest for me.

Quote:

It's only been in recent years that I've really given a thought to retirement. It gives me severe anxiety sometimes.

We can certainly get by with a lot less than we think sometimes.

That's my biggest takeaway from this pandemic. Humans are super resilient. We adjust to any circumstance pretty quickly for better or for worse.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:50 am    Post subject:

Passed up this opportunity because it's not in my trading plan.

CCIV merger with Lucid motors. CCIV jumped from $18+ to 26+ within a week. This would have been an easy call option if you trusted the rumors.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:07 pm    Post subject:

Doing research on XLI right now...

CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:58 am    Post subject:

Thoughts on Gamestop?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:49 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Thoughts on Gamestop?

Don't short it...
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:32 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Thoughts on Gamestop?

Personally, it's not something I'd want to hold on to for long term. I was looking at it yesterday. If I bought it, I would have sold today.

But I'm not bullish on retail outside of a few big names that can compete with Amazon. Also, I'd be more interested in the game developers than the retailers. And probably an ETF vs. any one game developer, although I own a couple of those.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:48 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Thoughts on Gamestop?

Personally, it's not something I'd want to hold on to for long term. I was looking at it yesterday. If I bought it, I would have sold today.

But I'm not bullish on retail outside of a few big names that can compete with Amazon. Also, I'd be more interested in the game developers than the retailers. And probably an ETF vs. any one game developer, although I own a couple of those.

It was a short term play and the short sell was obvious. No economic moat, getting their butts kicked by gaming through cloud platforms, nowhere to go.

Gamestop was just hype from the jump, so I never bothered to make a move.

Waiting for the ArkInvest Big Ideas 2021 presentation.

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:41 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Thoughts on Gamestop?

It was a short term play and the short sell was obvious. No economic moat, getting their butts kicked by gaming through cloud platforms, nowhere to go.

I'm making a grip on the "hype". The short squeeze has already produced alot of juice. And with Chamath and Elon backing it now. There is definitely more juice to squeeze.
100s of millions of dollars in calls today. It's not just retail investors anymore. There are some huge fish squeezing these hedge funds now ( https://tinyurl.com/y4246f6v ). Some of them shorted TSLA. So to Elon it's personal.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by kikanga on Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:13 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:

CCIV merger with Lucid motors. CCIV jumped from $18+ to 26+ within a week. This would have been an easy call option if you trusted the rumors.

I had a single 2/19 call option for CCIV for only $240 last week. Sold it yesterday for $700, jumped back in after it halted at $330, and current value is almost $600
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:47 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Thoughts on Gamestop?

I'm making a grip on the "hype". The short squeeze has already produced alot of juice. And with Chamath and Elon backing it now. There is definitely more juice to squeeze.
100s of millions of dollars in calls today. It's not just retail investors anymore. There are some huge fish squeezing these hedge funds now ( https://tinyurl.com/y4246f6v ). Some of them shorted TSLA. So to Elon it's personal.

Just my 2 cents.

Kicking myself so hard. I saw it at $86, saw the hype on Wall Street Bets, and was about to jump in. Then I chickened out because I thought most of the hype and the short squeeze was already factored in and it had nowhere to go but down. Closed at 148. I could have made 70% returns in one day. Mad at myself.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:50 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Thoughts on Gamestop?

Just my 2 cents.

Id be very cautious going forward with GME. I think there's more profit to be made but you do not want to be one of the bag holders in this house of cards when it collapses. The big fish have now pushed in a ton of liquidity and can potentially control when the party ends with a coordinated sell off (and ofcourse they will make money on the pop at all the bag holder's expense).
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:24 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:

Id be very cautious going forward with GME. I think there's more profit to be made but you do not want to be one of the bag holders in this house of cards when it collapses. The big fish have now pushed in a ton of liquidity and can potentially control when the party ends with a coordinated sell off (and ofcourse they will make money on the pop at all the bag holder's expense).

I'd have to be crazy not to be cautious. What we're seeing now is unprecedented.
I'm not waiting on the big fish to decide my fate. At the same time. I'm not getting out while the short interest is still at 139%.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:18 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

I'd have to be crazy not to be cautious. What we're seeing now is unprecedented.
I'm not waiting on the big fish to decide my fate. At the same time. I'm not getting out while the short interest is still at 139%.

It's insane. This investment is giving me a life changing amount of return.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:19 am    Post subject:

500% overnight returns on Nokia option calls. I made 500% returns on a different strike that I bought Friday and sold Monday.
its gained 40% in a month compared to 500% for AMC and 1500% for GME and 215% for BB
I definitely recommend taking a good look at Nokia if you want to get in on a meme stock that has not went supernova yet.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:40 am    Post subject:

many Nokia call options are now +1000% returns

EDIT: Im up 3000% now on some strikes

Last edited by audioaxes on Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:48 am; edited 1 time in total
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:44 am    Post subject:

lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:00 am    Post subject:

Thats because a very dangerous game is being played with Gamestop stock....if you got some while it was cheap sell now. Otherwise somebody is going to get caught holding the bag.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:32 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
many Nokia call options are now +1000% returns

EDIT: Im up 3000% now on some strikes

Is it still a buy right now after already being up 43%?

Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:29 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Thoughts on Gamestop?

Just my 2 cents.

Yeah, did additional research, not in my trading plan, and definitely didn't like what was going on even though there were tremendous outcomes.

I read the SEC was willing to shut down the market if they found links from social media directly affecting the stock market. Definitely didn't want to be involved.

Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:30 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

I had a single 2/19 call option for CCIV for only $240 last week. Sold it yesterday for $700, jumped back in after it halted at $330, and current value is almost $600

Yeah this kind of play is more my style, but I'm sticking to my All Star type investments for sure. Glad this worked out for you!

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:32 am    Post subject:

https://financhill.com/most-heavily-shorted-stocks-today
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:37 am    Post subject:

GME and AMC have been put in restricted status by some brokerages.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:05 am    Post subject:

112 pages/slides of the ArkInvest Big Ideas 2021 was worth it.

LakesGnrLake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:20 am    Post subject:

Reddit and 4chan going after the most shorted stocks and trying to blow them up. AMC, Blackberry, Bed Bath and Beyond, and more. Expect massive sell off Friday when the shorts need to be paid for.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:27 am    Post subject:

LakesGnrLake wrote:
Reddit and 4chan going after the most shorted stocks and trying to blow them up. AMC, Blackberry, Bed Bath and Beyond, and more. Expect massive sell off Friday when the shorts need to be paid for.

short covering forces the holders to BUY the stock at market price. This is upward price pressure.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 3 of 16
Jump to: