Stock Market Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 8:06 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
To anyone who hasn't bought crypto yet: what's keeping you out?

A really hellacious password.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 6:26 am    Post subject:

How long do you guys think the rotation into cyclicals, commodity stocks, banks will last? The bad jobs report yesterday helped tech, but I think it's probably a temporary thing, and that the rotation into cyclicals and re-opening plays will last longer, I just don't know how long.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 7:09 am    Post subject:

When should I buy lumber?
Ogrounder
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 10:03 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
To anyone who hasn't bought crypto yet: what's keeping you out? What do you think about Neo and its price prediction

Volatility On the one hand it is a great opportunity to earn money but on the other hand when your portfolio goes 40% down in just a couple days that is weird!

Last edited by Ogrounder on Mon May 31, 2021 12:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 10:17 am    Post subject:

Ogrounder wrote:
C M B wrote:
To anyone who hasn't bought crypto yet: what's keeping you out?

Volatility On the one hand it is a great opportunity to earn money but on the other hand when your portfolio goes 40% down in just a couple days that is weird!

This was mentioned in a podcast I was listening to over the weekend. Crypto wants to be both a currency and an investment, and the two are at odds with each other. Investors want volatility, but volatility isn't good for currency. Increased volatility makes the crypto less valuable as currency, which makes it less valuable as an investment. Something's not good as a currency when its volatile enough that its founder can tank it by making a joke about it on SNL.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:13 pm    Post subject:

Thought AMC couldn’t go higher when I saw it hit 34 yesterday... Man, was I wrong. Kicking myself for not buying in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZrbEjppnd4
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:19 am    Post subject:

Thoughts on DiDi?

leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:36 pm    Post subject:

For what it's worth, I think there are some great deals out there right now. Just a few names that I like (and own).

Mesa airlines - very low PE, low market cap, expanding into Europe at end of year.

Canadian Solar - Very undervalued solar company - huge sales, and growing rapidly. My favorite solar play.

Sofi - Rapid user / revenue growth. Galileo (used by chime, robinhood, etc.)

Viacom - extremely low PE, valuable assets (shows/movies/TV stations), growing streaming service, acquisition target.

Alibaba - Been undervalued for 6-8 months. I don't believe China wants them to fail. Low price and a Juggernaut in every sense of the word.

Wish - Lakers sponsor - Very risky bc of profitability challenges, but if they can figure that out, they have very high revenue for their price.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:58 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
For what it's worth, I think there are some great deals out there right now. Just a few names that I like (and own).

Mesa airlines - very low PE, low market cap, expanding into Europe at end of year.

Canadian Solar - Very undervalued solar company - huge sales, and growing rapidly. My favorite solar play.

Sofi - Rapid user / revenue growth. Galileo (used by chime, robinhood, etc.)

Viacom - extremely low PE, valuable assets (shows/movies/TV stations), growing streaming service, acquisition target.

Alibaba - Been undervalued for 6-8 months. I don't believe China wants them to fail. Low price and a Juggernaut in every sense of the word.

Wish - Lakers sponsor - Very risky bc of profitability challenges, but if they can figure that out, they have very high revenue for their price.

WISH? SOFI? Are you a WallStreetBets poster?

ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:18 am    Post subject:

Quote:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Superstonk/comments/q7cto7/wow_it_looks_like_td_pulled_a_robinhood_and_never/

Wow it looks like TD pulled a Robinhood and never purchase my GME shaeres.
Now they are playing musical chairs to actually buy shares
to transfer to my Fidelity account

^^^They're doing it. The smooth brained apes causing some serious hell with their DRS/MOASS??

DRS Direct Registered Shares
Quote:
"Direct" Registration — The security is registered in your name on the issuer's books, and either the company or its transfer agent holds the security for you in book-entry form.
The "Direct Registration System" (also known as "DRS") allows investors to transfer securities held this way.
For more information about DRS, please see our Frequently Asked Questions below.
https://www.sec.gov/reportspubs/investor-publications/investorpubsholdsechtm.html

Mother of All Short Squeezes
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=MOASS

jelly brain here.. but this is how I am understanding it..

Some companies have the ability to purchase registered/counted shares from specific corporations.
They picked GME because a couple major brokerage houses have been stealing
from the public and manipulating the market with fake shares
... If all of the shares are directly owned and registered to real people via the DRS
then someone asks one of the NON DRS brokerage houses to move their GME shares...
said brokerage doesn't even own them.. and they faked it..all hell breaks loose..
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15
Page 15 of 15
Jump to: