ANDRE DRUMMOND - Thanks for 21 games (signs with Philly)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 79, 80, 81  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:58 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
King Randle wrote:
leking006 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Can’t close out games with him against bigs who can spread the floor. He got destroyed tonight.

Powell ain't a shooter. It's them doing Blitz on Luka that was killed them and free those big men.

No question...that loss was on Vogel...Geez the Mavs figured out the trap at halftime and destroyed it....it was actually laughable Vogel made no adjustments.

I’ll give Vogel the benefit of the doubt in this particular instance for 2 reasons:

1. He doesn’t have key guys in KCP and Lebron, who would make it that much tougher for Dallas to break the trap scheme and rotations.

2. Vogel doesn’t like to show his hand. I’m sure he has an adjustment to the Dallas adjustment if it’s exploited in the playoffs.

Hope you're right SD.....It appeared as if Luka and Powell were laughing at how easy it was and no changes. Vogel is definitely smarter than that.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:54 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
King Randle wrote:
leking006 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Can’t close out games with him against bigs who can spread the floor. He got destroyed tonight.

Powell ain't a shooter. It's them doing Blitz on Luka that was killed them and free those big men.

No question...that loss was on Vogel...Geez the Mavs figured out the trap at halftime and destroyed it....it was actually laughable Vogel made no adjustments.

I’ll give Vogel the benefit of the doubt in this particular instance for 2 reasons:

1. He doesn’t have key guys in KCP and Lebron, who would make it that much tougher for Dallas to break the trap scheme and rotations.

2. Vogel doesn’t like to show his hand. I’m sure he has an adjustment to the Dallas adjustment if it’s exploited in the playoffs.

Hope you're right SD.....It appeared as if Luka and Powell were laughing at how easy it was and no changes. Vogel is definitely smarter than that.

No doubt. Let them laugh in the regular season or after 1 playoff win...apparently they didn’t learn the lesson from Dame, Westbrook, Murray and Herro
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:27 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

No doubt. Let them laugh in the regular season or after 1 playoff win...apparently they didn’t learn the lesson from Dame, Westbrook, Murray and Herro

He who laughs last laughs best ...
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:44 am    Post subject:

According to the most recent Laker's exceptionalism podcast, Drummond is the 2nd worst rim protector on the team. Team's shoot 9% better at the rim. He's only slightly better than Dennis lol
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:24 pm    Post subject:

He is really bad defensively.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:15 pm    Post subject:

He's really not that good. Clumsy and careless with the ball. I really miss Dwight.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:15 pm    Post subject:

They were doubling AD and not even guarding Drummond.

To his credit he finished well today.
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:32 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
According to the most recent Laker's exceptionalism podcast, Drummond is the 2nd worst rim protector on the team. Team's shoot 9% better at the rim. He's only slightly better than Dennis lol

and whole LG wanted to sign him next season..
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:02 pm    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

Considering what they can give him they'd be stupid not too.. Not sure what's so funny? That would be a steal to say the least even with his warts.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:11 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
roger_federer wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

Considering what they can give him they'd be stupid not too.. Not sure what's so funny? That would be a steal to say the least even with his warts.

I'm not so sure what's so funny either. A season with LeBron & Davis will only make them all better. It's a process but folks want instant results.

If AD2 is willing to sign for what we can offer, we sign him before he blinks, and as you posted, warts and all.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:22 am    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:

<snip>
I'm not so sure what's so funny either. A season with LeBron & Davis will only make them all better. It's a process but folks want instant results.

If AD2 is willing to sign for what we can offer, we sign him before he blinks, and as you posted, warts and all.

What is funny is how "feast or famine" all these threads get to be. Of course it's a no-brainer to sign him to the mini-MLE if he accepts (huge IF). But do recall there has been lengthy and serious discussion about gutting the team (KCP, Kuzma, Gasol, Morris, Trezz all gone for free) in order to give him $12 million.
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:05 am    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:

<snip>

What is funny is how "feast or famine" all these threads get to be. Of course it's a no-brainer to sign him to the mini-MLE if he accepts (huge IF). But do recall there has been lengthy and serious discussion about gutting the team (KCP, Kuzma, Gasol, Morris, Trezz all gone for free) in order to give him $12 million.

Thank you. That is why it is funny.

On a serous note, Is Drummond really that good? except rebounds, which LBJ and AD will get more in playoffs, what does he do? not a good finisher at rim, Low IQ, doesn't spread the floor at all, can't catch lobs and finish.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:23 am    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:

<snip>

I haven't seen this $12m discussion. I only seen 2:
miniMLE which allow Lakers to avoid hardcap and MLE which hardcap them
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:30 am    Post subject:

He's going to seek a big pay day, but he may be obtainable for a full MLE. But for us to get the full MLE, we will have to trade out players for nothing coming back, and I don't see that.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:56 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:

<snip>

I haven't seen this $12m discussion. I only seen 2:
miniMLE which allow Lakers to avoid hardcap and MLE which hardcap them

Look back 10-20 pages or add up the cap-holds yourself to see what's possible.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:02 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
He's going to seek a big pay day, but he may be obtainable for a full MLE. But for us to get the full MLE, we will have to trade out players for nothing coming back, and I don't see that.

If the Full MLE is the market price for AD2, then taking the mini MLE ($6m) for one year to get to his Early Bird rights where LA can pay Full MLE money isn't beyond the pail.
Kava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:46 am    Post subject:

Other than the injuries, Drum's the biggest disappointment of the season. Probably my fault for crystalizing expectations beyond his current talent and capabilities. Dude is not the player I thought he is.

How are team's scoring in the paint at will against us with Drummond and AD in the lineup?

Ya'll miss Marc yet?
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:49 am    Post subject:

So all the doom and gloomers, y’all saying Lakers should’ve just kept Damian Jones? Gone after Boogie instead?
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:01 am    Post subject:

He's a walking double double, as advertised. And his FT% here is way above his career average. So I'm not complaining.

We'll see what he looks like with LBJ.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:11 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
He's a walking double double, as advertised. And his FT% here is way above his career average. So I'm not complaining.

Same.

My only complaint is that he makes glaring defensive mistakes on assignments. Most of it seems miscommunication and getting used to scheme so I’m hopeful it’s corrected over next half dozen games with AD back and Lebron most likely back in one of the weekend games.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:14 am    Post subject:

Kava wrote:
Other than the injuries, Drum's the biggest disappointment of the season. Probably my fault for crystalizing expectations beyond his current talent and capabilities. Dude is not the player I thought he is.

How are team's scoring in the paint at will against us with Drummond and AD in the lineup?

Ya'll miss Marc yet?

Drummond has been soft in the paint unless he's on offense, at which point he tries to bully his way in (with no skill or plan) and chuck the ball up hoping it will go in. AD may have been dunked on, but, at least, he is challenging shots with aggression despite recently returning from injury.

Marc can be effective at times depending on who else is on the floor, but he is very slow getting down the court (hurts us in transition). Drummond is one of those stat-chasing players that puts up numbers with no impact, and teams are embarrassing him in the paint on a nightly basis.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:18 am    Post subject:

Minimum salary player folks...he has his good and bad flaws. But we literally gave up nothing for him. I'm happy with having him. Vogel just has to know when to sit him and let AD play the center.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:30 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
So all the doom and gloomers, y’all saying Lakers should’ve just kept Damian Jones? Gone after Boogie instead?

No of course not. He's a good player, that hopefully still needs a bit of time to adjust; it will also take a bit of time and actual games for the coaching staff/team to figure out how to use him properly. We may not like it but that's just life.
Neither of the following extremes is correct:
* he was not worth acquiring. Huh? we got a 2-time all star in his prime for nothing!
* he's going to turn our non-LBJ .400 level team into a .600 or better team .. because of .. what? Defense? That was never our main problem, we're tops in defense. Offense? Huh? When has he ever been a good/great offensive player?
One extreme or another. If he can hold the fort for 20-25 minutes and be a net-plus, I will be more than happy. AD needs to take the major chunk of the rest anyways.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:57 am    Post subject:

How can a 7' player airball a 2 foot chippie? In some games I find myself praying he shoots his jump hook instead of trying to lay the ball up (when he should be dunking it).

Yes, I think he's a net positive, but only when we can relegate him to putbacks and dump-offs on "those" nights. It will also help if he and AD can figure out who guards who on a 4-5 screen.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:04 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Same.

My only complaint is that he makes glaring defensive mistakes on assignments. Most of it seems miscommunication and getting used to scheme so I’m hopeful it’s corrected over next half dozen games with AD back and Lebron most likely back in one of the weekend games.

As Kuzma said, this is the first time he's being properly coached in his career.

Huge difference between putting good numbers in a crappy team like the Pistons and playing winning basketball.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 79, 80, 81  Next
Page 61 of 81
Jump to: