ANDRE DRUMMOND - Thanks for 21 games (signs with Philly)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 66, 67, 68 ... 79, 80, 81  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 7:48 pm    Post subject:

Iron Mamba wrote:
Laker4lifer4real wrote:
What is the Lakers record since AD2 arrived?

8-13 since he arrived.

6-11 when he plays.

Jesus 🤦‍♂️
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 8:46 pm    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
Not a fan of his game other than the fact that he hustles and can move well for a guy his size.
'

Not meaning to be snarky, but what game?

I am still trying to figure out what he does well.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 8:56 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
Not a fan of his game other than the fact that he hustles and can move well for a guy his size.
'

Rebound his own misses?
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 8:56 pm    Post subject:

So we should have just resigned Damian Jones or even gone for Boogie instead of Drum?
Koalita
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 12:16 am    Post subject:

Tbh, I feel none of the RS C should be closing games, that is where AD usually goes, but if one of them is, it probably is Gasol and hopefully not AD2
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 12:58 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
'

Rebound his own misses?

He's also great at doing the little tips to himself before he secures a rebound
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 1:17 am    Post subject:

Koalita wrote:
I feel we got Drummond so other teams don't get him, but tbh I don't see him as a great improvement over what we need to win another chip. Reason being, I don't really think it'd drastically improve our chances to win having him playing heavy minutes during playoffs, and the RS games he is playing somehow take away some minutes to run playoff lineups.... So our chemistry and cohesion is arguably worse and the matchups he can shine in... feels like a 'win more' card.
Of course if his presence allows us to get in the playoffs and not getting him would've made us miss them (due to injuries) then his signing was spot on. In the end, we'll see how this pans out, and I really hope it's with another Larry...

CandyCanes wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
He reminds me of Kwame with his tendency to miss the easy gimmies, if he does that in the playoffs he will be DNPd in the playoffs.

That was the exact comparison i used during all the run-up on whether we'd get him. He's basically Kwame with better rebounding.

Could Kwame gave averaged 17 and 15?

Kwame's best season (10.9/7.4) averaged less than Drummond's stretch with us (worst since his rookie season, 11.5/9.3 so far).

I was referring to the Andre Drummond we got this season, as the 2014 Andre Drummond was not available.

As I said, he's Kwame with better rebounding. If Kwame got as many attempts as Drummond (Drummond averages 7+ more attempts per 100 pos), he'd probably get as many points. Kwame's TS% as a Laker (.556) is about what Drummond is giving us now (.550)

Both have bodies that defy their inability to finish a seemingly gimme basket.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 5:39 am    Post subject:

I'm banking that you'll see a much better version of Drummond when Bron gets back. When Drummond first got here he was playing very well without AD...double, doubles etc. No question he's struggled big time with AD....and it's compounded without Bron and even Schroder, who would find him on the drive. I think he'll be there when the teams healthy...would I have changed my opinion is that I would not resign him for anything more than $7-8 million, meaning he's definitely only here for this play-off run.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 6:00 am    Post subject:

He has a little bit of Kwameness to him, that is what irks people. However he also has a lot more consistency at getting baskets and playing his level. Have to factor he has been a high usage player in his career. Now he is coming in as a lower usage player.

He has to also learn real quick new schemes with teammates that are constantly shifting. For sure AD and Andre do not have defensive chemistry and schemes yet.

But when Vogel and crew know what they are facing in a playoff series, I think they can prep Andre to play a lot more effectively in his role. We went away from those feeds to the Cs a lot in the playoffs. We will do the same this year IMO. I do not think we are going to ask Drummond to do much more than what we asked Howard to, and when or if he shows ineffectiveness like Howard did in some match ups, he will sit out.

Regular season is totally different.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 6:07 am    Post subject:

Well, it didn't take long for that bloom to fade.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 9:46 am    Post subject:

It’s all about the lineups.

Drummond has been struggling since pairing with AD, but before then Drummond has played real well when he’s paired with Markieff and vice-versa, Markieff has played very well when he started next to Dre, but has now been struggling when he got paired with Trezz off the bench. As for AD, him and Gasol pairing works best!

Summary:

Dre + AD = Meh...

AD + Gasol = Yes!

Morris + Trezz = Meh...

Dre + Morris = Yes!

Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 9:55 am    Post subject:

Drummond gotta play better, straight up. Forget scoring, we don't need him for that but go after every rebound and play better defense
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 9:59 am    Post subject:

Kwame averaged 5 rebounds a game. It seems to me that if you can retrieve a ball that isn't intended for you that you should be able to catch balls directed at you. I get what people mean about the general clumsiness, but maybe Drummond is just nervous having never played in meaningful games most of his career.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 10:03 am    Post subject:

The main issue i have with Drummond is that he is soft af. Started with the toenail extended absence on day 1. People wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt, and that's fine since he was new. He's not that new anymore, and he is getting straight run over in the paint by everyone. He looks like an absolute moron out there, and he tries some dumb (bleep) finesse moves while half an inch away from the rim. Dunk the (bleep) ball!
vcdplaya3002
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 12:54 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
The main issue i have with Drummond is that he is soft af. Started with the toenail extended absence on day 1. People wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt, and that's fine since he was new. He's not that new anymore, and he is getting straight run over in the paint by everyone. He looks like an absolute moron out there, and he tries some dumb (bleep) finesse moves while half an inch away from the rim. Dunk the (bleep) ball!

That tells you the issues with Drummond are mostly all mental. If Lebron could turn Mozgov into a max level contract player, he can do the same magic trick on Drummond. One thing I did notice is that Drummond does have a nice left hand, so he should just try to finish more with his left hand to increase efficiency.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 1:01 pm    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
Kwame averaged 5 rebounds a game. It seems to me that if you can retrieve a ball that isn't intended for you that you should be able to catch balls directed at you. I get what people mean about the general clumsiness, but maybe Drummond is just nervous having never played in meaningful games most of his career.

The weak finishing around the rim has been the book on him the last 3 seasons. I think the difference is he used to be much more explosive so it was easier for him to finish over guys. As you see now, he struggles to explode to the rim and seems to attempt more layups within 3 feet, and he lacks the touch and balance for this.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 1:10 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
BILBJH wrote:

The weak finishing around the rim has been the book on him the last 3 seasons. I think the difference is he used to be much more explosive so it was easier for him to finish over guys. As you see now, he struggles to explode to the rim and seems to attempt more layups within 3 feet, and he lacks the touch and balance for this.

Yeah, that's the thing...when fans of the team the player used to be on described him like this to a T, I'd go with those that watched him every night over a box score. Literally one of the worse finishers around the rim.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 1:16 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, I didn't watch too much Drummond but for the minimum (and not giving up any assets, I was totally down).

I was surprised to see so many people saying we should let go of Dennis/KCP/and or Kuz so we could try to max Drummond.

Umm, no.

There is a serious question about whether he will get even a mini MLE level deal after this year. Bigs who cannot space the floor just don't get big deals anymore. Look at all the top big men in the league, what do they share in common? (Jokic, Embiid, AD, KAT, etc.).
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 1:47 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Yeah, I didn't watch too much Drummond but for the minimum (and not giving up any assets, I was totally down).

I was surprised to see so many people saying we should let go of Dennis/KCP/and or Kuz so we could try to max Drummond.

Umm, no.

There is a serious question about whether he will get even a mini MLE level deal after this year. Bigs who cannot space the floor just don't get big deals anymore. Look at all the top big men in the league, what do they share in common? (Jokic, Embiid, AD, KAT, etc.).

Not only can't he space, but he can't defend, gets lost on rotations, seems to never be fully engaged, and still thinks he's a offensive threat. He's a bigger Montrez without there heart or intensity.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 1:56 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Umm, no.

Yeah, if you can't space the floor, you gotta at least be a good defender. Rebounding is his only elite ability and to me even that is suspect as watching him on a game by game basis...the dude often racks up multiple rebounds in one possession by tipping in bunnies one after the next.

I'd let this dude walk for free unless he wants a minimum.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 4:53 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Umm, no.

Dwight had about as a good a year as a player of that mold can have and he got a minimum deal. Even a mini-MLE for Drummond (who i predict will be even less impactful) seems overly optimistic.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 5:04 pm    Post subject:

I'm confused how Drummond was a guy who averaged 17 and 15. Those are similar numbers to prime Bill Walton. Did the Pistons just not have any other players who knew how to rebound?... How did he score so many points with no offensive skills?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 5:06 pm    Post subject:

Averaging 11 pts 9 rebs 1stl 1blk 52% in 24mins is just easy, I guess.

The 7 offensive rebs he got last game didn't help us win at all apparently
(i know his last game wasn't his best but he still found a way to help)
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 5:27 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
Averaging 11 pts 9 rebs 1stl 1blk 52% in 24mins is just easy, I guess.

The 7 offensive rebs he got last game didn't help us win at all apparently
(i know his last game wasn't his best but he still found a way to help)

Yeah, no surprise people are being overly dramatic by a long shot with some of these comments. Dude is coming off a contract where he was making nearly $30 million and suddenly while just hitting his prime the best he'll be able to do is the mini mle?

I 100% agree he wont be seeing that 30 million again but c'mon now.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 5:32 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
It’s all about the lineups.

Drummond has been struggling since pairing with AD, but before then Drummond has played real well when he’s paired with Markieff and vice-versa, Markieff has played very well when he started next to Dre, but has now been struggling when he got paired with Trezz off the bench. As for AD, him and Gasol pairing works best!

Summary:

Dre + AD = Meh...

AD + Gasol = Yes!

Morris + Trezz = Meh...

Dre + Morris = Yes!

Nice .
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 66, 67, 68 ... 79, 80, 81  Next
Page 67 of 81
Jump to: