*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Philadelphia 76ers (03/25/21 @ 7:00 pm PT) Gm# 45 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 04 May 2017
Posts: 2282
Location: Pleasanton, CA

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:47 pm    Post subject:

Can’t believe DG had 28 points. Simmons or Harris didn’t beat us. DG did. Can’t catch a damn break
_________________
“You can't be held captive by the fear of failure or the fear of what people may say.” - Kobe Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2006
Posts: 14603
Location: L.A County, 26 miles away from Staples Center

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:47 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
Danny Green..... go fu&k yourself!




Like what is DG supposed to do?

He got traded away. He was proud and happy as a Laker
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Mar 2016
Posts: 2160

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:48 pm    Post subject:

Couldn’t even cover the spread. Stupid play call for that falling away three for Kuz.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
windycitycane
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 31 Oct 2012
Posts: 10056

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:48 pm    Post subject:

Pureshot77 wrote:
windycitycane wrote:
ScHoolBoy B wrote:
Well we tried I guess..smh...


Moral victory.


Everyone should get a trophy.
_________________
"I bought the Lakers so I could beat the Celtics" - Dr. Jerry Buss
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Theseus
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Dec 2007
Posts: 8976

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:49 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
Good comeback not enough juice to complete the deal.

Drummond won’t fix these problems. Not too much of a difference of scenery playing with our roster than playing with Cleveland. Of course not including Lebron and AD.

Still need him and maybe Boogie? We need more easy bucket. Trezz can only do soo much


You're right that Drummond won't fix these problems, but I think the Lakers could have used the added size today. They had an advantage down low that they didn't really exploit until the 4th. With Drummond we might have been able to exploit that more, and hopefully rebound better.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Pureshot77
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 23 May 2008
Posts: 884

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:49 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
Danny Green..... go fu&k yourself!




Like what is DG supposed to do?

He got traded away. He was proud and happy as a Laker


If he played well in the bubble he's probably still on the team. That's something he could have done.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
windycitycane
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 31 Oct 2012
Posts: 10056

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:49 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Couldn’t even cover the spread. Stupid play call for that falling away three for Kuz.


I say forget when we win next - when will we even cover???
_________________
"I bought the Lakers so I could beat the Celtics" - Dr. Jerry Buss
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 36160

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:49 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
Danny Green..... go fu&k yourself!




Like what is DG supposed to do?

He got traded away. He was proud and happy as a Laker


Pretty sure we wasn’t all that happy after the death threats he received after missing the 3 against the Heat in the Finals.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 04 May 2017
Posts: 2282
Location: Pleasanton, CA

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:49 pm    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
Every single game someone has a career game against us. WTF


I was surprised to learn that even some long time Lakers fans believe that players don't gear up to play the Lakers. It seems like we always have guys go insane against us then lay eggs the very next game. Seems like that has always been the case for as long as I've been watching.


Yup it’s been that way since I started watching basketball. It’s the Lakers so I get it. But geez it would be nice to get the opposition’s usual game once in a while, especially now.
_________________
“You can't be held captive by the fear of failure or the fear of what people may say.” - Kobe Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mad55557777
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Posts: 9695

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:50 pm    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
Good comeback not enough juice to complete the deal.

Drummond won’t fix these problems. Not too much of a difference of scenery playing with our roster than playing with Cleveland. Of course not including Lebron and AD.

Still need him and maybe Boogie? We need more easy bucket. Trezz can only do soo much


You're right that Drummond won't fix these problems, but I think the Lakers could have used the added size today. They had an advantage down low that they didn't really exploit until the 4th. With Drummond we might have been able to exploit that more, and hopefully rebound better.

You want Drummond to go iso?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Jun 2016
Posts: 10864

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:50 pm    Post subject:

Lakers fall 109-101

Third quarter collapse (again) had them fall down by 18. 8 turnovers in the quarter did not help, MOST self inflicted and unforced. They clawed their way back to within 4 in the 4th, but DG hit a dagger 3 in last minute, and that was game.

After a sloppy start, Kuz ended up playing well. As did Shro, and Harrel got his in the end. KCP even had 19 but...just not enough.

This was the type of game you need a real closer, and those guys arent playing.

4 straight losses now. Lakers now only 1 game ahead of sixth place team losses.
_________________
"One thing I admire about Kuzma is his unwavering confidence. He truly has no idea that he’s not as good as he thinks." - Killer_Z
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Dec 2013
Posts: 5945

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:51 pm    Post subject:

We probably lose either way but its effing unacceptabe that that coward effing ref gave Dennis a T...
we'll never know if that killed our momentum to a one point victory or something.
_________________
Creatures crawl in search of blood, To terrorize y'alls neighborhood.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
rybee
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Dec 2011
Posts: 8787

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:51 pm    Post subject:

Cavs kings and magic game are must wins lol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2006
Posts: 14603
Location: L.A County, 26 miles away from Staples Center

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:52 pm    Post subject:

Let all these bumass Lakers haters celebrate right now.
Most of them have never celebrated a championship in the past 10 years if ever.

The Lakers will forever be the most hated professional basketball team. A lot of these bum franchises celebrate these regular wins against us like it’s the same experience of raising up the Larry O’Brien trophy.

WEAK SAUCE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Pureshot77
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 23 May 2008
Posts: 884

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:52 pm    Post subject:

MVP of the game goes to Solomon Hill
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 04 May 2017
Posts: 2282
Location: Pleasanton, CA

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:52 pm    Post subject:

Oh well. On to the next. The Cavs and Magic game seem winnable if they can cut down on the turnovers and rebound better. Gasol hopefully can continue to up his mins because with the exception of the last half of the 4th quarter Trez’s D was horrendous
_________________
“You can't be held captive by the fear of failure or the fear of what people may say.” - Kobe Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Jun 2016
Posts: 10864

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:52 pm    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality wrote:
Can’t believe DG had 28 points. Simmons or Harris didn’t beat us. DG did. Can’t catch a damn break


Looks like the Lakers luck may have all been blown last year. Right now? Can't catch a damn break. Ever.
_________________
"One thing I admire about Kuzma is his unwavering confidence. He truly has no idea that he’s not as good as he thinks." - Killer_Z
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 04 May 2017
Posts: 2282
Location: Pleasanton, CA

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:53 pm    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
We probably lose either way but its effing unacceptabe that that coward effing ref gave Dennis a T...
we'll never know if that killed our momentum to a one point victory or something.


Terrible T. I’ll have to see that play again but initially didn’t even look like a foul. Must’ve been since Vogel didn’t challenge.
_________________
“You can't be held captive by the fear of failure or the fear of what people may say.” - Kobe Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Nov 2018
Posts: 2305

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:54 pm    Post subject:

This team have to many inconsistent guys that plays meaningful minutes... Don't contribute enough.

But turnovers killed us tonight.

DS turns the ball over too much for someone who hardly make plays...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2006
Posts: 14603
Location: L.A County, 26 miles away from Staples Center

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:56 pm    Post subject:

Pureshot77 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
Danny Green..... go fu&k yourself!




Like what is DG supposed to do?

He got traded away. He was proud and happy as a Laker


If he played well in the bubble he's probably still on the team. That's something he could have done.


He played well defensively. Hell good enough defense where Lebron and AD were able to win a championship with him.

Rob was looking to get younger. I feel his mediocre shooting performance had little to do with Rob’s decision.

An as much as everyone wants to crap on him missing the game winner in Game 5 of the finals he still hit a good amount of threes in the Finals. Definitely contributed to #17 despite all the criticism
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Feb 2019
Posts: 5025

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:56 pm    Post subject:

Checked box score and they made a late run. Hope they doesn’t tire them out against the Cavaliers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Jun 2016
Posts: 10864

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:56 pm    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
We probably lose either way but its effing unacceptabe that that coward effing ref gave Dennis a T...
we'll never know if that killed our momentum to a one point victory or something.


Terrible T. I’ll have to see that play again but initially didn’t even look like a foul. Must’ve been since Vogel didn’t challenge.


The timing of that by the ref is unprofessional. DS did nothing that I dont see players do all the time. I did not see anything out of control, or done to embarass the ref. Possibly he said something that was Tech worthy? I doubt it tho.

It's a close game, bang bang play (which probably was a bad call), closing minutes...you dont call the T. Let it go ref.
_________________
"One thing I admire about Kuzma is his unwavering confidence. He truly has no idea that he’s not as good as he thinks." - Killer_Z
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 04 May 2017
Posts: 2282
Location: Pleasanton, CA

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:57 pm    Post subject:

Honestly think during this stretch we need to tighten the leash a little on these lineups and rotations. Every win counts right now.

So hoping we get Drummond. His signing will address our lack of rebounding and interior defense.
_________________
“You can't be held captive by the fear of failure or the fear of what people may say.” - Kobe Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Theseus
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Dec 2007
Posts: 8976

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:57 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Theseus wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
Good comeback not enough juice to complete the deal.

Drummond won’t fix these problems. Not too much of a difference of scenery playing with our roster than playing with Cleveland. Of course not including Lebron and AD.

Still need him and maybe Boogie? We need more easy bucket. Trezz can only do soo much


You're right that Drummond won't fix these problems, but I think the Lakers could have used the added size today. They had an advantage down low that they didn't really exploit until the 4th. With Drummond we might have been able to exploit that more, and hopefully rebound better.

You want Drummond to go iso?


Against Paul Reid and Mike Scott, yeah. I am not too familiar with his game tbh, but the sixers were stretched thin without Embiid or Howard tonight. Would have been nice to capitalize on that more.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 04 May 2017
Posts: 2282
Location: Pleasanton, CA

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:58 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
We probably lose either way but its effing unacceptabe that that coward effing ref gave Dennis a T...
we'll never know if that killed our momentum to a one point victory or something.


Terrible T. I’ll have to see that play again but initially didn’t even look like a foul. Must’ve been since Vogel didn’t challenge.


The timing of that by the ref is unprofessional. DS did nothing that I dont see players do all the time. I did not see anything out of control, or done to embarass the ref. Possibly he said something that was Tech worthy? I doubt it tho.

It's a close game, bang bang play (which probably was a bad call), closing minutes...you dont call the T. Let it go ref.


Yeah all he did was jump with the ball. As Reggie said that was not a tech unless he said some “magic” words. But even then a ref needs to understand the emotions in certain situations, especially final minutes.
_________________
“You can't be held captive by the fear of failure or the fear of what people may say.” - Kobe Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 27 of 29
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB