*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Miami Heat (04/08/21) Gm#52***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 27, 28, 29  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:29 pm    Post subject:

sonic the laker wrote:
I'm not mad at the effort given by the team, with no LeBron, Davis, THT, Kuzma, or Gasol. Not sure why THT, and Kuz, are DNP's. Maybe Vogel wanted to accelerate the induction of McLemore.

In either case, this squad was already short on playmakers. Having only Schroder as the prime ballhandler/penetrator...well... Hence, the egregious number of turnovers. Though, I'll admit that introducing new players, and playing a solid defensive team, in the Heat, doesn't help matters.

Despite the numerous obstacles, the team played well. Cut those turnovers down by half, and Lakers win. Keep improving.

Kuz has an injury and THT was suspended
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:30 pm    Post subject:

I don’t like Gasol not getting any minutes at all. He balled out the last game.
I am starting to tire a little on Schroder. He has no real offensive game for the most part.
KCP, Drummond, Morris and Matthews all played well.
Way too many turnovers. Who was the biggest culprit? I didn’t see much of the game.
We suck at turning over the ball.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:31 pm    Post subject:

7 turnovers for Schroder
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:33 pm    Post subject:

I hope someone with the press asks DS if he wishes he would have taken an overpay when he was offered it.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:33 pm    Post subject:

Lakers fall 110-104.

Tough to watch down the stretch as this was one that felt like it was just within reach, but 22 Laker turnovers (13 in the second half), many of them unforced, really did them in. Heat about 40ish or so points off Laker turnovers.

KCP had a huge game. Scored 28. But just off memory, it seems like whenever he has games like that, Lakers tend to lose. I'll need to check that but I know it's not the first time I've said "lakers waste a good game from KCP" over the years.

Drummond had an overall solid game, 15/12.

The reality is the Lakers were just outmatched with talent down the stretch. Jimmy basically took over for MIA, and Lakers had to rely, as a team, on someone keeping up. Hard to do in the NBA, which is a star driven league.

Did not help that it did seem like the Heat had some home town cooking with officials in the game. They had an 18-1 FT edge after 1, ended up 40-25 FT edge. Some of the calls were just odd and did not make sense, sometimes they changed up allowing physicality, to the next quarter not allowing it, to the next quarter allowing more physicality by one team than the other.

In the end, the team did have a shot to win it, but you're not going to win a close game like this versus playoff caliber teams when your own team is missing the players that make you a playoff caliber team.

Next up: Nets. I think many of us have resigned to that being an L. After that:

Mon: Knicks
Tues: Hornets

Then a real killer stretch that could really hurt:
Boston, Jazz x 2, Dallas x2

With that said, keep your chin up and hopes up.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:35 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
I am starting to tire a little on Schroder. He has no real offensive game for the most part.
Way too many turnovers. Who was the biggest culprit? I didn’t see much of the game.

I agree re the refusal to play Gasol. I really think Vogel just overthought that, probably thinking the Heat playing quicker and smaller would be a problem with Gasol.

Not sure it would have made a difference, but at least I'm not looking at that "what if" in the loss.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:38 pm    Post subject:

Once Kieff got kicked out we lost all the momentum needed for a late push.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:39 pm    Post subject:

McLemore didn’t make a 3...but his presence has lit a fire under KCP and Wes, so that’s a positive.

If we get good KCP, Wes and Gasol because of Drummond and McLemore as buyout additions, then the Lakers become scary hours.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

DrDent wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

I agree re the refusal to play Gasol. I really think Vogel just overthought that, probably thinking the Heat playing quicker and smaller would be a problem with Gasol.

Not sure it would have made a difference, but at least I'm not looking at that "what if" in the loss.

That's the point, If he always think like that. All what it takes for other team to takeaway lakers bigs is to play small and Vogel will counter with a trash small lineup.

Clearly Heat got bothered with Laker's bigger lineup so Spo decided to go small and Vogel responded with a mediocre small lineup.

Last edited by leking006 on Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

ScHoolBoy B wrote:
This game is on Schroder for being complete ass.

Heat did a good job making him work for it. They doubled him at times, got in his face, then when he drove they clogged the lane. They know he's their "main guy" tonight, and basically decided to make his life difficult. It worked.

After that you are just relying on good team ball. That only gets you so far in the NBA. MIA had Jimmy. Our mirrors of Jimmy were not playing.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:40 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

That's the point, If he always think like that. All what it takes for other team to takeaway lakers bigs is to play small and Vogel will counter with a trash small lineup.

Yep, I want to see this Gasol/Trezz lineup he promised. So we down like half the team in one night and he wont do it. Just SMH @ Vogel's odd inanity at times
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:41 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
ScHoolBoy B wrote:

Heat did a good job making him work for it. They doubled him at times, got in his face, then when he drove they clogged the lane. They know he's their "main guy" tonight, and basically decided to make his life difficult. It worked.

After that you are just relying on good team ball. That only gets you so far in the NBA. MIA had Jimmy. Our mirrors of Jimmy were not playing.

He struggled without Gasol screens where he usually shoot his midrange.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:41 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Once Kieff got kicked out we lost all the momentum needed for a late push.

Yea, that was basically the "F it we lost this, so hear my complaint you garbage ref" moment.

They were garbage tonight. Lakers already in a hole and the Heat then, in addition to that, got to have a sixth man in their corner. Shrug. Oh well.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:43 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
ScHoolBoy B wrote:

That's actually a good point. In addition, Gasol could have added an additional shot creator by sitting at the top of the key when the second unit came in.

But, whatever. I'm not sure it makes a difference...but would have liked to see Gasol play.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:46 pm    Post subject:

Vogel played McKinnie @ 4 and Harrell @C to counter heat small ball
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:47 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
leking006 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
ScHoolBoy B wrote:

That's actually a good point. In addition, Gasol could have added an additional shot creator by sitting at the top of the key when the second unit came in.

But, whatever. I'm not sure it makes a difference...but would have liked to see Gasol play.

Yup those handoffs with DS.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:51 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
Vogel played McKinnie @ 4 and Harrell @C to counter heat small ball

Yea...McKinnie over Gasol "just because"...not sure about that decision.

Would rather see it and then adjust, then just assume Gasol would not work. If Lakers zoned up a bit, but did so by being tight up at the 3 and funneled them into the middle when Gasol was in, who knows, maybe Gasol ends up with another 4 block night.
dcastillo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:09 pm    Post subject:

Man I want to see what this team looks like healthy. Just get healthy and get to the playoffs and I’m taking us over anybody in the league
BEazy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:47 pm    Post subject:

BlueNGold wrote:
I hope someone with the press asks DS if he wishes he would have taken an overpay when he was offered it.

I hope the Lakers take that offer off the table and low ball the hell out of him.

He can't throw tantrums because he bet on himself and failed. It's a business right?
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:54 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:

Better late than never...
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:12 pm    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

Your issue is expecting too much for a guy we got with Danny Green and a late 1st round pick.
Is he worth 20-25 mil? No
Will we sign him given a chance for that amount? Most certainly given our cap situation and his bird right. He can at least be a salary matcher, if you let him walk, we won’t be able to trade for a superstar even if we want to.
If Jeanie is willing to pay him for our 2-3 years window, then as fans, we shouldn’t say a thing.
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:23 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

Your issue is expecting too much for a guy we got with Danny Green and a late 1st round pick.
Will we sign him given a chance for that amount? Most certainly given our cap situation and his bird right. He can at least be a salary matcher, if you let him walk, we won’t be able to trade for a superstar even if we want to.
If Jeanie is willing to pay him for our 2-3 years window, then as fans, we shouldn’t say a thing.

so DS is what DG and late 1st worth. Rob didn't make a chess move to get him??
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:41 pm    Post subject:

Awww. Marcus Morris got ejected from his game tonight too. #brotherlylove
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:48 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

Clearly Heat got bothered with Laker's bigger lineup so Spo decided to go small and Vogel responded with a mediocre small lineup.

Vogel always does this, drives me insane. He overthinks some of these obvious lineup situations.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:50 pm    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

so DS is what DG and late 1st worth. Rob didn't make a chess move to get him??

Obviously it was an upgrade, but you can’t expect him to be an all star
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 28 of 29
Jump to: