Avoid Playoffs Play-In Watch
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 11:15 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
It really doesn’t matter what seed we are if lebron is close to 100%, but at this moment, I think he is really at 80% at most. It is probably not our year((bleep) you soloman hill), but if we get healthy lebron, playin game is just an extra game for us. Our defense is literally build to contain Steph.

Like the other poster, I do not prefer a play-in game. Just like the NCAA tourney, the best team does not always win in a 1 game set (7 game series has alot greater chance of determining who is the better team). Wacky stuff happens. Refs can get in the way. Guys just have one bad night...or opponent has some scrub (how many times has that happened this year?) go off on our guys for a career day...on and on...

I'm also honestly not fond of playing the Clips right away, would prefer - even though still difficult - a "warm up" series (even if the Jazz). So I get the idea of a bit more games...

But whatever, our preferences will be meaningless in about a week.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 11:27 pm    Post subject:

As much as I think Lebron is the clear cut best player, and just a cheat code in general, I also believe a championship team is often more than just talent and a good coach. The lack of playing time together this season, moderate fit between players, injuries etc may very well come back to bite us.

But hey as long as we are in the playoffs, there literally is a chance for us to win it all still. Who knows we may get really really lucky
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 12:17 am    Post subject:

By the way Celtics also currently in the play-ins...

Man what a weird season
vcdplaya3002
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 6:03 am    Post subject:

Vogel has proven in a playoff setting he can slow down the opposing teams offense. Our defense is the only reason to have optimism. Avoiding clippers is necessary because even if we were at full strength they are the toughest matchup. The longer we can avoid them the more reps lebron and AD can get at the playoff level intensity.
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 6:09 am    Post subject:

vcdplaya3002 wrote:
Vogel has proven in a playoff setting he can slow down the opposing teams offense. Our defense is the only reason to have optimism. Avoiding clippers is necessary because even if we were at full strength they are the toughest matchup. The longer we can avoid them the more reps lebron and AD can get at the playoff level intensity.

Great post.

The 7th seed will be a blessing in disguise. A healthy Lakers team is built to win the playoffs. Did you all see AD's performance last night? Easy to forget how good he is, and how we won the title last season.

A healthy LBJ and AD + Schro + AD2 climatized = a Round 1 nightmare for the Jazz or Suns.
chrisca91
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 6:15 am    Post subject:

Killer_Z wrote:
vcdplaya3002 wrote:

Great post.

The 7th seed will be a blessing in disguise. A healthy Lakers team is built to win the playoffs. Did you all see AD's performance last night? Easy to forget how good he is, and how we won the title last season.

A healthy LBJ and AD + Schro + AD2 climatized = a Round 1 nightmare for the Jazz or Suns.

But the lakers suck. That's what the regular season has shown us so far. Numbers don't lie.

Jazz or Suns aren't afraid of a 7th seed lol. Lakers will get waxed in 4
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 6:26 am    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
It really doesn’t matter what seed we are if lebron is close to 100%, but at this moment, I think he is really at 80% at most. It is probably not our year((bleep) you soloman hill), but if we get healthy lebron, playin game is just an extra game for us. Our defense is literally build to contain Steph.

Like the other poster, I do not prefer a play-in game. Just like the NCAA tourney, the best team does not always win in a 1 game set (7 game series has alot greater chance of determining who is the better team). Wacky stuff happens. Refs can get in the way. Guys just have one bad night...or opponent has some scrub (how many times has that happened this year?) go off on our guys for a career day...on and on...

I'm also honestly not fond of playing the Clips right away, would prefer - even though still difficult - a "warm up" series (even if the Jazz). So I get the idea of a bit more games...

But whatever, our preferences will be meaningless in about a week.

It is not one game do or die, and I find it hard to believe lebron would let the lakers lose in a play in game. The best thing for this team now if play the clippers in a later round. It kind of give me that Spurs /lakers feeling in 2003.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 7:06 am    Post subject:

So... we lost both tie breakers to Dallas and Portland?
how many games left and what record do we prob need to pass them?
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 7:38 am    Post subject:

Good loss.

7th spot is golden for us. We just need the Jazz and Suns to do what they're supposed to do and not let the Clippers overtake them (would be damned near impossible to do).

I'm not concerned with the playin, we need to keep that 7th spot.
vcdplaya3002
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 7:48 am    Post subject:

troy wrote:
Good loss.

7th spot is golden for us. We just need the Jazz and Suns to do what they're supposed to do and not let the Clippers overtake them (would be damned near impossible to do).

I'm not concerned with the playin, we need to keep that 7th spot.

The gamesmanship is going to happen next week as both Utah and phx will kill the blazers to push them back to #7. The blazers will likely go 3-2 to finish the season or 2-3 at worst. We would need to 5-0 or 4-1 to get the sixth seed. A win over suns on Sunday night essentially locks in the 2-7 matchup.
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 8:02 am    Post subject:

At this point I don't care to lose in the regular season. We will have to play the play-in and our chances for the championship are pretty slim. I wouldn't mind to lose more games and get a better draft pick.
vcdplaya3002
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 8:46 am    Post subject:

If people are seriously worried about a play in game versus a flawed warriors or Memphis team they have not watched much NBA this season. Either of scenarios is 100x more preferable than facing a fully loaded clippers squad that would be motivated to whoop us. The warriors don’t even field five starting caliber NBA players, half the roster is gleague material.
poppies
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 9:10 am    Post subject:

I think we're gonna experience an unceremonious out in the next few weeks, but man, if they get the chip this year through a play in path, it would be one of the more incredible victories in the history of the game.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 11:19 am    Post subject:

They have no-one to blame but themselves. They half-assed a lot of games when they were healthy or almost-healthy and gave away their margin. Now they're seeing the results. I'm still confident a "healthy" team would do well in the playoffs but we shouldn't be looking at the standings. If we put in 90% of the effort we showed yesterday against teams like Sac, we would be firmly in the 4/5 slots.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 11:33 am    Post subject:

LakersRGolden wrote:
They have no-one to blame but themselves. They half-assed a lot of games when they were healthy or almost-healthy and gave away their margin. Now they're seeing the results. I'm still confident a "healthy" team would do well in the playoffs but we shouldn't be looking at the standings. If we put in 90% of the effort we showed yesterday against teams like Sac, we would be firmly in the 4/5 slots.

Yeah it was a “We are fine, we are fine” mentality until it was too late.

Repeat of 2019/20 Clippers with their sense of urgency and momentum is a funny thing, whether it’s forward momentum or backward momentum.
BEazy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 11:33 am    Post subject:

To downplay the Warriors with Steph Curry flaming hot from 3 is the wrong idea to have. He can single handedly end all of our guards in a game. I mean he is the greatest shooter ever, we need to worry about that…
vcdplaya3002
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 11:42 am    Post subject:

ScHoolBoy B wrote:
To downplay the Warriors with Steph Curry flaming hot from 3 is the wrong idea to have. He can single handedly end all of our guards in a game. I mean he is the greatest shooter ever, we need to worry about that…

Warriors are not even a given to get the 8 seed they are in a dead heat race with Memphis right now.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 11:54 am    Post subject:

Seeding is irrelevant honestly if Lebron is not more explosive. I mean it's fairly obvious AD is taking us nowhere on his own, without healthy Lebron we would lose to every one of these other playoff teams. Priority should be on LBJ's health.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 12:29 pm    Post subject:

ScHoolBoy B wrote:

eh, he's clearly dangerous but if we're all mostly back including Dennis and especially Lebron no perimeter player is single handedly beating us in a do or die game imo.

There's a bunch of mismatches in our favor against them as well that I like. It all comes down to how healthy and available everyone is though. Like if we played them today I could absolutely see them possibly winning but not with everyone back.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 12:41 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers style of D (trapping and rotating to create turnovers) is the perfect scheme against this Warriors team.

Lakers crushed the Ws by 20-something points twice.

The game the Ws won the Lakers had a huge lead and then stopped trying.

That won’t be a problem in a play-in game. There is no way Lebron is letting this team lose to Steph and a bunch of G League dudes.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 12:49 pm    Post subject:

Lakers have a glide path to the 7th spot.

They have tiebreakers over GS and Memphis, and are 3 games up with 5 to go. Two wins and they’ve got 7 locked up.

Just need PDX to win tonight vs Spurs and vs Rockets in a couple of days.

I don’t think it’s coincidental that Lebron is coming back vs Houston- they need to take a couple more Ls to not overtake Portland.

Lose to PHX and NY. Beat Houston and Indy with the full squad playing, then let Cacock, Kostas, et al play big minutes vs NOP while all the key guys rest.
MikeTrout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 12:54 pm    Post subject:

Should rest Lebron until next weekend vs Pacers
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 1:22 pm    Post subject:

chrisca91 wrote:
Killer_Z wrote:
vcdplaya3002 wrote:

Great post.

But the lakers suck. That's what the regular season has shown us so far. Numbers don't lie.

I have a feeling all this 'fear of the Lakers' is 100% generated by the media and fans. Utah and Phoenix have been playing phenomenal and what they see is a Laker team that's struggling. Dare I say they may even be salivating to play us. Regardless nothing we can do but hope for the best, and hope is a powerful thing
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 2:10 pm    Post subject:

Kobetan wrote:
chrisca91 wrote:
Killer_Z wrote:
vcdplaya3002 wrote:

Great post.

I have a feeling all this 'fear of the Lakers' is 100% generated by the media and fans. Utah and Phoenix have been playing phenomenal and what they see is a Laker team that's struggling. Dare I say they may even be salivating to play us. Regardless nothing we can do but hope for the best, and hope is a powerful thing

ain't no team salivating to play a healthy Lakers squad lol. LeBron is the best player in the league who happens to be a gifted playmaker and AD is DPOY level who covers both inside-outside. I'll take my chance with this team healthy against any other contenders
vcdplaya3002
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 2:20 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Kobetan wrote:
chrisca91 wrote:
Killer_Z wrote:
vcdplaya3002 wrote:

Great post.

ain't no team salivating to play a healthy Lakers squad lol. LeBron is the best player in the league who happens to be a gifted playmaker and AD is DPOY level who covers both inside-outside. I'll take my chance with this team healthy against any other contenders

People have amnesia about the playoffs every year it seems and forget how when the intensity goes up all the bs threes that teams make in the regular season seem to magically disappear and every possession gets magnified. All the teams who are bombing threes are going to come down to earth.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 23 of 36
Jump to: