Avoid Playoffs Play-In Watch
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 2:30 pm    Post subject:

chrisca91 wrote:
Killer_Z wrote:
vcdplaya3002 wrote:
Vogel has proven in a playoff setting he can slow down the opposing teams offense. Our defense is the only reason to have optimism. Avoiding clippers is necessary because even if we were at full strength they are the toughest matchup. The longer we can avoid them the more reps lebron and AD can get at the playoff level intensity.

Great post.

The 7th seed will be a blessing in disguise. A healthy Lakers team is built to win the playoffs. Did you all see AD's performance last night? Easy to forget how good he is, and how we won the title last season.

A healthy LBJ and AD + Schro + AD2 climatized = a Round 1 nightmare for the Jazz or Suns.

But the lakers suck. That's what the regular season has shown us so far. Numbers don't lie.

Jazz or Suns aren't afraid of a 7th seed lol. Lakers will get waxed in 4

I’ll bet you a two year ban that the Lakers won’t get “waxed in 4”.

If I’m right- you don’t post here for two years.

If you’re right- I don’t post here for two years.

Put up or shut up.
ahaider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 3:45 pm    Post subject:

Lol Lakers fans actually think we’ll lose in play in. As if the playbook is not to double Steph and have everyone else beat you.

The Warriors should be much more afraid of us if we’re healthy.

"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 3:59 pm    Post subject:

ahaider wrote:
Lol Lakers fans actually think we’ll lose in play in. As if the playbook is not to double Steph and have everyone else beat you.

The Warriors should be much more afraid of us if we’re healthy.

Schroeder, Caruso and KCP are terrific on-ball defenders too. Excellent foot speed and hands. Not worried about the Warriors in the least. Lebron and AD will destroy their lack of interior presence.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 4:18 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
The Lakers list Kyle Kuzma (lower back tightness) as doubtful for tomorrow’s game against Phoenix.

Talen Horton-Tucker (right calf strain) and Alex Caruso are questionable.

LeBron James and Dennis Schröder are out.

It’s obvious now they won’t crack top 6.
MikeTrout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 5:28 pm    Post subject:

Even if Lakers were to lose to Warriors in the play in... They still play the winner of 9/10 for the 8 seed.

Really don't see them losing two games like that
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 5:54 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
The Lakers list Kyle Kuzma (lower back tightness) as doubtful for tomorrow’s game against Phoenix.

Talen Horton-Tucker (right calf strain) and Alex Caruso are questionable.

LeBron James and Dennis Schröder are out.

It’s obvious now they won’t crack top 6.

Kuz suffering from the same “back tightness/spasms” that AD had vs Clips.

Lakers going to lock in the 7 spot.

They should give Kuz and Caruso the day off and let them get some rest before LBJ comes back. Play Ben, Kostas, Cacock and Mckinnie big minutes.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 6:10 pm    Post subject:

Fingers crossed Blazers and Jazz win their games today
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 6:35 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
It really doesn’t matter what seed we are if lebron is close to 100%, but at this moment, I think he is really at 80% at most. It is probably not our year((bleep) you soloman hill), but if we get healthy lebron, playin game is just an extra game for us. Our defense is literally build to contain Steph.

Like the other poster, I do not prefer a play-in game. Just like the NCAA tourney, the best team does not always win in a 1 game set (7 game series has alot greater chance of determining who is the better team). Wacky stuff happens. Refs can get in the way. Guys just have one bad night...or opponent has some scrub (how many times has that happened this year?) go off on our guys for a career day...on and on...

I'm also honestly not fond of playing the Clips right away, would prefer - even though still difficult - a "warm up" series (even if the Jazz). So I get the idea of a bit more games...

But whatever, our preferences will be meaningless in about a week.

It is not one game do or die, and I find it hard to believe lebron would let the lakers lose in a play in game. The best thing for this team now if play the clippers in a later round. It kind of give me that Spurs /lakers feeling in 2003.

Presumably they get two shots vs two different teams to win one game, true. Assuming something even wackier doesnt happen.

But I dont see it - and I imagine those who think like me - as LBJ, AD, or anyone else letting this or that happen. It's that one game series are alot more unpredictable. I mean, you know all the wacky things that could happen. I just have an uneasy feeling about it, could be because its unusual, or could be something else. Its not like this team hasnt had its share of wierd @$$ $#!^ happen to them.

With that said I also do not feel comfy facing Clips in the first round either, so I feel you on that.

Now looking at what I wrote...it's like damned if we do, damned if we dont. Best for me would be Lakers getting 6th seed (or 5th), and facing the Nugs. The likelihood of that happening is slim and none.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 7:33 pm    Post subject:

a silver lining to us possibly being in the play-in is it sets up a potentially favorable path to finals if the season ends as:
Jazz
Suns
Nuggets
Clippers
Mavs
Blazers
Lakers

Suns->Nuggets->winner of Jazz/Clippers is about as best case as you can possibly get at this point
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 7:41 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
a silver lining to us possibly being in the play-in is it sets up a potentially favorable path to finals if the season ends as:
Jazz
Suns
Nuggets
Clippers
Mavs
Blazers
Lakers

Suns->Nuggets->winner of Jazz/Clippers is about as best case as you can possibly get at this point

also will be hilarious if Mavs eliminate the Clips
BEazy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 8:13 pm    Post subject:

Sooo Curry just went off for 49 points with 11 made 3s in 29 minutes....
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 8:36 pm    Post subject:

ScHoolBoy B wrote:

It’s OKC, but yeah anytime you have a one game situation vs. Steph or Dame...that’s a dangerous game to play. Good thing we can focus on Steph with no Klay.

If I am an East team, I think wouldn’t want to face the Wizards. That team is definitely not your weak 8th seed.

Westbrook is OKC Westbrook and Beal + a really good offensive team. If they get enough defense they will give someone a tough series.

Last edited by LakerSD on Sat May 08, 2021 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
vcdplaya3002
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 8:44 pm    Post subject:

The nuggets loss basically ensures them the four seed now. Most likely opponent is the suns it would be actually to the suns advantage to gift us the game tommorow if they wanted to avoid us but doubt that happens.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 8:54 pm    Post subject:

Best case scenario with top 3 looking like Jazz, Suns and Clippers:

Jazz/Warriors
Suns/Lakers
Clippers/Mavs
Nuggets/Blazers
BEazy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 9:15 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
ScHoolBoy B wrote:

It’s OKC, but yeah anytime you have a one game situation vs. Steph or Dame...that’s a dangerous game to play. Good thing we can focus on Steph with no Klay.

If I am an East team, I think wouldn’t want to face the Wizards. That team is definitely not your weak 8th seed.

Westbrook is OKC Westbrook and Beal + a really good offensive team. If they get enough defense they will give someone a tough series.

Westbrook and Beal are peaking at the right time. They're going to be dangerous for sure.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 1:43 am    Post subject:

The weakness in a play in, is that we do not know the schemes of the team and break them down as the series goes on, sort of like Vogel and this group did each of the series last year.

But at the same time, we are a better team (with AD and Bron) than Memphis-San Antonio by a lot. I think State may get by us in a great game by Curry, but even them, match up wise they have had trouble with our size, when Bron is healthy.

It all comes down to a healthy Bron. AD looks close to 80% of himself for the first time in months. If he can get to 90% by playoffs. And Bron is at 80% by play in. It is on, we should be ready to get by 1 game out of 2 (either State, or the beating the winner of a Memphis-SAN game).

I just do not know how far we can go without the continuity and chemistry. Dennis Schroder is going to be coming back in after weeks off. I would love to see us start Caruso, and bring Dennis as an attack guard off the bench with Marc Gasol leading that 2nd unit. Then close playoff games with Dennis, Caruso, KCP, Bron and AD at the 5. I do not think any team can stay with a lineup like that. Trez should not be playing more than 8 minutes a game, unless he is taking Drummonds minutes.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
vcdplaya3002
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 8:12 am    Post subject:

I like the idea of Caruso starting but it’s too much to ask lebron to take over all guard duties since Caruso is really bad at dribbling. Dennis needs to start for better or worse just so that all the burden isn’t on LeBron shoulder. Vogel would be wise to stagger the minutes so that one or lebron or Dennis is always on the floor at all times. If lebron is healthy Memphis or San Antonio will lose and lose by a lot to us. No need to worry on that front.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 8:46 pm    Post subject:

Lakers clinched the twice to beat advantage.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 8:46 pm    Post subject:

Will they still push for the number 5 spot or just rest?
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 9:21 pm    Post subject:

Our defensive back court of Schro-KCP-Caruso-Wes will be impressive. They’re all terrific defenders.

I pity the point guards that have to go against that amount of pest coverage in the playoffs.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 10:01 pm    Post subject:

Killer_Z wrote:
Our defensive back court of Schro-KCP-Caruso-Wes will be impressive. They’re all terrific defenders.

I pity the point guards that have to go against that amount of pest coverage in the playoffs.

Booker got frustrated earlier, he's even missing a point blank layup and had to shoot using left to avoid Wes.
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 11:32 pm    Post subject:

If I were Phoenix I’d be pissed at facing the Lakers in the first round. When LeBron and AD are healthy the Lakers are not a 7 seed, they’re a top 3 seed.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 11:39 pm    Post subject:

I wouldn’t be surprised if we end up leaping to 6th or 5th, it seems like LeBron’s lay off these past couple of games has given him a joint of energy something he didn’t have when he first came back from the high ankle sprain.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 11:40 pm    Post subject:

ReaListik wrote:
If I were Phoenix I’d be pissed at facing the Lakers in the first round. When LeBron and AD are healthy the Lakers are not a 7 seed, they’re a top 3 seed.

Clearly Lakers can beat them easier compare to other top 4 teams. They can cover them in all positions for the whole game. They can thrown multiple good defenders on Booker and CP3. Looks like Dre can neutralize Ayton, he's not done really anything earlier.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 5:24 am    Post subject:

Phx will throw games - no way they are signing up for a first round match with the LAL
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 24 of 36
Jump to: