Would you rather have Schroeder or Rondo right now?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who would you rather have?
Dennis Schroeder
72%
 72%  [ 37 ]
Rajon Rondo
27%
 27%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 51

CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:26 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I think we squeezed the last Playoff Rondo out of the toothpaste tube. He’s been hurt a bunch this year.

Lol you still doubting Rondo. Brah I hope you’re right but if you saw his game against the Suns and CP3, he still has it. He is just pacing , he has another gear. And he’s been hurt every regular season for awhile now.

Quite honestly, I wish we kept him. He can dissect any team in a 7 game series. That game 6 when he ballhawk Butler because he was able to counter his tendencies will be miss when it matters than AD getting easy bucket off him. Lebron and him will eventually figure teams out.

But I can see a lot of people here putting a lot emphasis in the regular season.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:10 am    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I think we squeezed the last Playoff Rondo out of the toothpaste tube. He’s been hurt a bunch this year.

Lol you still doubting Rondo. Brah I hope you’re right but if you saw his game against the Suns and CP3, he still has it. He is just pacing , he has another gear. And he’s been hurt every regular season for awhile now.

Quite honestly, I wish we kept him. He can dissect any team in a 7 game series. That game 6 when he ballhawk Butler because he was able to counter his tendencies will be miss when it matters than AD getting easy bucket off him. Lebron and him will eventually figure teams out.

But I can see a lot of people here putting a lot emphasis in the regular season.

Everyone's journey comes to an end. He may be pacing. He may done. He may still be Playoff Rondo .Or he may become Off Rondo. Who knows. We have Dennis/THT/AC right now alternating at "PG." We are going to be ok once everyone gets healthy.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:12 am    Post subject:

I have no doubt that the long layoff helped Rondo as he was battling a lot of injuries (didn't he break his hand or thumb around then?) around March. Having time off until October let him heal up. There may not have been a Playoff Rondo if the playoffs happened on schedule due to injuries.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:31 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
CRoost wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Everyone's journey comes to an end. He may be pacing. He may done. He may still be Playoff Rondo .Or he may become Off Rondo. Who knows. We have Dennis/THT/AC right now alternating at "PG." We are going to be ok once everyone gets healthy.

Him going to the Clips is making me less comfortable. I still like our chances but playoff is a series of making adjustments. He has proven that time and time again that he can dissect teams and pick them apart. That’s more valuable than more wins in the regular season. So I rather have him in our side.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:32 am    Post subject:

Clippers are 7-0 with Rondo.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:33 am    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
CRoost wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Him going to the Clips is making me less comfortable. I still like our chances but playoff is a series of making adjustments. He has proven that time and time again that he can dissect teams and pick them apart. That’s more valuable than more wins in the regular season. So I rather have him in our side.

Right. But the premise of the post is a bit ridiculous. It was not a Dennis or Rondo situation. They could have kept Rondo by going over the cap as we had either Early or full Bird rights on him. I would have liked Rondo too as a backup for this team. But I guess that price tag scared them a bit.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:03 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
CRoost wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
CRoost wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Right. But the premise of the post is a bit ridiculous. It was not a Dennis or Rondo situation. They could have kept Rondo by going over the cap as we had either Early or full Bird rights on him. I would have liked Rondo too as a backup for this team. But I guess that price tag scared them a bit.

Price tag for a proven player at 7 mil is actually a bargain. Putting more emphasis on the regular season is costly. What’s ridiculous is our CHAMPIONSHIP team is held HOSTAGE because certain ROLE PLAYERS demand their individual needs (like starting ) and we are getting bended over like BETAS.

These guys better step up like RONDO because at the end of the day, only banners getting on that rafter. No one remembers regular season GLORY.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:11 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Price tag for a proven player at 7 mil is actually a bargain. Putting more emphasis on the regular season is costly. What’s ridiculous is our CHAMPIONSHIP team is held HOSTAGE because certain ROLE PLAYERS demand their individual needs (like starting ) and we are getting bended over like BETAS.

These guys better step up like RONDO because at the end of the day, only banners getting on that rafter. No one remembers regular season GLORY.

No one stepped up to take that starting role from Dennis. Not THT, not AC. He's the rightful starter. Rondo wouldn't start either. In fact, the team probably felt if Rondo was retained, it would eat into THT/AC's development/minutes.

Our championship team isn't being taken hostage. It's sitting in street clothes due to health.
Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:25 am    Post subject:

Honestly, as good as Rondo was in the playoffs last year, Schroeder is the right guy for this team. I really thought this team would freefall down to the 8th or 9th spot after Lebron got hurt, but the team has stayed near .500 basketball during that time to remain in the 5th spot. I don't think Rondo would have been able to keep the team afloat as Schroeder has done especially with the injuries he has had this year.

The playoffs are definitely still to come, but I think we have enough pieces around this team to make a good run.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:27 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

No one stepped up to take that starting role from Dennis. Not THT, not AC. He's the rightful starter. Rondo wouldn't start either. In fact, the team probably felt if Rondo was retained, it would eat into THT/AC's development/minutes.

Our championship team isn't being taken hostage. It's sitting in street clothes due to health.

Disagree because of our situation and asset management. Schroder is a role player and was bad fit offensively with AD and Lebron. It would have not matter if Caruso or Wes or Kuz or THT starts. Schroder was better off as an assassin and PNR with Trez. Anyone can see that from a mile. But but but we have to make him happy because the risk of losing him is higher if we don’t. So for regular season sake, we dont have much choice. Having said that, Schroder is our best option right now offensively so starting him make sense.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:42 am    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

Disagree because of our situation and asset management. Schroder is a role player and was bad fit offensively with AD and Lebron. It would have not matter if Caruso or Wes or Kuz or THT starts. Schroder was better off as an assassin and PNR with Trez. Anyone can see that from a mile. But but but we have to make him happy because the risk of losing him is higher if we don’t. So for regular season sake, we dont have much choice. Having said that, Schroder is our best option right now offensively so starting him make sense.

Eh. They rarely practiced and the team was cruising at the beginning. It was noticeable. Then injuries happened and all of a sudden Dennis has to do more than he is really capable of doing. I think starting him was the right call. AC excels off the bench, and THT is not ready yet (but has a bright future). Wes was horrific at the beginning.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:00 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
CRoost wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

Eh. They rarely practiced and the team was cruising at the beginning. It was noticeable. Then injuries happened and all of a sudden Dennis has to do more than he is really capable of doing. I think starting him was the right call. AC excels off the bench, and THT is not ready yet (but has a bright future). Wes was horrific at the beginning.

In context ,it’s soft schedule. We have more disappointing losses than convincing wins.

At the end of the day, Schroder will have to step up when it matters. I have more faith on Rondo in those situations than Schroder. And for our team it’s a CHAMPIONSHIP OR BUST.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:07 am    Post subject:

Let's let it play out.

I remember all the chicken little folks during the Bubble non-playoff phase. We looked like a Gleague then went to stomp the rest of the NBA to a championship.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:36 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Let's let it play out.

I remember all the chicken little folks during the Bubble non-playoff phase. We looked like a Gleague then went to stomp the rest of the NBA to a championship.

That's a pretty level headed point of view.

I really don't care about these games now either. I care alot more about how Schroeder plays with Bron and AD in the playoffs than how he plays now. Good or bad.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:25 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Let's let it play out.

That's a pretty level headed point of view.

I really don't care about these games now either. I care alot more about how Schroeder plays with Bron and AD in the playoffs than how he plays now. Good or bad.

Yeah, this board looks eerily familiar to last year around this time of games left. Wouldn't even be surprised if it's some of the same people either. Kind of surprising how negative some people are being. I completely understand waiting and seeing how everyone works together but for anyone to say we have no chance or things are horrible for us currently are being overly dramatic and a bit ridiculous considering everything surrounding the season up to this point.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:52 pm    Post subject:

18-8, 39% 3pt, elite Def, keeping our team 0.500 without LeBrow, I’d take DS, might be out of playoff pic with rondo right now
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:53 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
18-8, 39% 3pt, elite Def, keeping our team 0.500 without LeBrow, I’d take DS, might be out of playoff pic with rondo right now
you ain’t lyin
Big Game James
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:19 am    Post subject:

Is this a real thread? Who wants Rondo? Playoff Rondo is a fancy way of saying that he plays well in 3 out of 10 games during the playoffs as opposed to his normal 1 out of 10 games in the regular season.

No thanks to Rondo! Give me Schroder all day.

Now this ridiculous thread.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:52 pm    Post subject:

DS can't pass and he doesn't shoot threes confidently enough. It remains to be seen how much confidence he will have in those wide open threes Lebron would create for him in the playoffs.

Without Rondo's elite passes and floor awareness, the Lakers bigs have not been fully utilized. With an elite passer like Rondo on the floor, teams always had to account for Howard and McGee on the floor offensively because as soon as they fall asleep on them, it's a sure dunk. This year, teams could just forget about Drummond while he's on the floor.

Also, it's much harder to defend an elite passer since you have to guard all 5 guys all the time. If someone can't pass, you'd just have to focus on him.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:02 pm    Post subject:

Ds matches up well with rondo
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: