This year's Lakers team just doesn't have "it"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:52 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
dcastillo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
dcastillo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
dcastillo wrote:
So what’s the excuse for tonight? Cause everyone is back. Can’t use the ‘health’ excuse.

It was literally LBJ’s first game back in over 20+ games.

Shouldn’t have lost to this Kings team missing their best player. So give me another excuse

We are literally playing our first LBJ/AD/AD2 lineup. Takes time. We just don’t have the luxury.

Again, that’s an excuse. They shouldn’t have lost this game even if it is their ‘first’ time together. That’s what some fans are not seeing. This team chemistry is bad. At least on court it is. Heck even some of the players have made excuses.

That’s what I’m saying. Chemistry is bad bc they haven’t played together. Vogel is like a mad scientist right now with these crazy lineups.

It could also be bad because they don't fit well together. People don't know their roles. Some guys think they are better than they are and some guys are playing for themselves.
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:07 pm    Post subject:

Shouldn't have rushed to start the season, Silver you idiot. What the hell was he thinking?

We have literally less than a month to get this team ready for the playoffs. Ain't gonna happen.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:33 pm    Post subject:

dcastillo wrote:
So what’s the excuse for tonight? Cause everyone is back. Can’t use the ‘health’ excuse.

Brainless basketball.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 12:19 am    Post subject:

Agreed. We got a ring out of LeBron and maybe we get one more before he hangs it up but this year aint it. Nets/Clippers smash us, Jazz/Suns could maybe 'upset' us.

The hunger isn't there, chemistry is very meh, talent level is high but fit is not, and we're behind the 8 ball in trying to get it together with all these injuries. If you need any proof, we just lost tonight to the Kings.. on a Friday night at home with LeBron coming back, This should have been an easy W.

I would love to be wrong but I just don't see a championship team here.
cencio_999
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 12:41 am    Post subject:

To me some people are overreacting.

Lebron and AD missed a ton of games and the record without them was as good as you could realistically expect.
Vogel NEEDS to understand if and how Drummond can play with LBJ and AD before the start of the postseason, and this understanding may be worth some losses.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 1:20 am    Post subject:

That may be the case when you make so many changes and lose a leader like Rondo and vets like Danny Green who are chemistry guys.

But, if someone told me that AD and Bron would miss 20 games each, and many of those games together, I would have told you damn we may struggle to make the playoffs.

The season has been crazy with the scheduling and the quick restart and injuries. Just get to the playoffs and see what can happen.

Overall, big picture. The Lakers won a title last year. If they fail to win one this year, I still appreciate these guys for what they did last year in Kobe’s memory and also reestablishing the Lakers as an elite franchise. You can’t stay healthy and win a title every year.

That said, I am not giving up on AD and Bron yet. We need a few good games and them in game shape and everything changes.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 2:29 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
That may be the case when you make so many changes and lose a leader like Rondo and vets like Danny Green who are chemistry guys.

But, if someone told me that AD and Bron would miss 20 games each, and many of those games together, I would have told you damn we may struggle to make the playoffs.

The season has been crazy with the scheduling and the quick restart and injuries. Just get to the playoffs and see what can happen.

Overall, big picture. The Lakers won a title last year. If they fail to win one this year, I still appreciate these guys for what they did last year in Kobe’s memory and also reestablishing the Lakers as an elite franchise. You can’t stay healthy and win a title every year.

That said, I am not giving up on AD and Bron yet. We need a few good games and them in game shape and everything changes.

Nothing will change until vogel fix his rotations. Lebron and AD if healthy will carry them, but the instances they are both out, opponents will take advantage of it and get the momentum on their side that even if Lebron and AD return it will be tough till the end. Just like what happened earlier.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 3:18 am    Post subject:

This thread is aging well unfortunately.
chrisca91
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 6:03 am    Post subject:

My issue is, to this day, we have yet to beat a competitor.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 6:27 am    Post subject:

I still believe until a team can beat AD/LBJ 4 times in a playoff setting. Let’s see.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 6:35 am    Post subject:

This is all in Vogel's hand. Gotta stop messing around and make a decision regarding the rotation.
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 6:39 am    Post subject:

Loosing to the Mavericks and Kings shows that the Lakers chemistry may not be as good as last year. it also could mean the chemistry is not there because of all the injuries.
Whatever the case Vogel has to find a solution that works.
And he doesn't have much time to find it.
The Lakers appear very different this year.
Not as good but good on paper.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 6:49 am    Post subject:

laker50 wrote:
Loosing to the Mavericks and Kings shows that the Lakers chemistry may not be as good as last year. it also could mean the chemistry is not there because of all the injuries.
Whatever the case Vogel has to find a solution that works.
And he doesn't have much time to find it.
The Lakers appear very different this year.
Not as good but good on paper.

You are right amd what sucks we are good on paper. We seem Mclemore really get hot from 3. We seen AD2 dominant. Harrell has had some really dominant performance.

So on paper it seems like our players are working out. It just not coming together as a cohesive unit somehow. The potential is there they just have to figure it out soon
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 6:52 am    Post subject:

So guys, like to see what you all think are the rotations that work and the ones that don’t.

I agree that it’s time to shorten the rotations.
vcdplaya3002
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 7:49 am    Post subject:

Vogel has to make a commitment, does he prioritize defensive minded players who don’t need to shoot as much to get going. Or does he want offensive minded players with clear limitations defensively. His style is usually defense first, so he needs to reward those players with minutes. Right now it looks like Vogel doesn’t really know what he wants.
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 9:45 am    Post subject:

vcdplaya3002 wrote:
Vogel has to make a commitment, does he prioritize defensive minded players who don’t need to shoot as much to get going. Or does he want offensive minded players with clear limitations defensively. His style is usually defense first, so he needs to reward those players with minutes. Right now it looks like Vogel doesn’t really know what he wants.

Agree. Seems like Vogel is torn between keeping everyone happy and doing what's best for the team. He replaced Mathews with Mac which has helped our shooting. Now he needs to do something about the Keif/Trez/AD2/Gasol situation.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 9:51 am    Post subject:

textbook wrote:
vcdplaya3002 wrote:

Agree. Seems like Vogel is torn between keeping everyone happy and doing what's best for the team. He replaced Mathews with Mac which has helped our shooting. Now he needs to do something about the Keif/Trez/AD2/Gasol situation.

Like others I'm wondering about the following (just questions at this point):
* was Drummond promised a starter's role and closing minutes? or is the explanation simply one of a) acclimation b) experimentation c) respect for a Top 10 bigman
* was Harrell promised the backup 5 and guaranteed minutes? (clearly Wes and Gasol weren't)
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 10:30 am    Post subject:

I’m mad that we broke up last year’s championship team. Get rid of proven winners like Rondo, Dwight, and even Green and bring in me-first players like Schroeder and Harrell.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 10:40 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
I’m mad that we broke up last year’s championship team. Get rid of proven winners like Rondo, Dwight, and even Green and bring in me-first players like Schroeder and Harrell.

Rondo wanted to get paid.

Dwight is the definition of me first.

Green? Imagine him running point with LBJ/AD out.

We had bad luck with health. That’s all.
LeBronte Jest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 10:53 am    Post subject:

I thought the same thing about last years team, but they pulled it together just in time. Hopefully I'm wrong again this year.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 11:22 am    Post subject:

LeBronte Jest wrote:
I thought the same thing about last years team, but they pulled it together just in time. Hopefully I'm wrong again this year.

The problem I’m seeing is this year’s team has certain exploitable red flags. Last year’s team was limited as a roster, but one thing we always got was the consistency and high IQ from those guys.

This year’s team has these individual skilled guys with obvious flaws who haven’t fit into team chemistry, whether it’s not being healthy, constant experimenting with lineups or other factors. Not much time to figure it out...we will find out.

The crap shooting just never seems to go away.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 12:10 pm    Post subject:

dcastillo wrote:

No excuses, the better team won tonight. OK?
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 1:12 pm    Post subject:

Kings are missing 2 of their starters. So ots not just US. Even kings had to figure out how to play with new rotation.

Gasol played so well but never got a minute after that. Just stupidity.

There is a very simple solution. Bring DS off the bench and limit Teez minutes or better DNP him. Limit drummond minites and play gasol more. It may not be enough to win the chip but thats the only option I see.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 2:05 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

Breaking up a championship squad, is really idiotic. If we don't win the championship this year, Rob needs to be in question. No GM, President of basketball ops has ever broke up a championship squad, after their 1st year of winning 1.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 2:12 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Breaking up a championship squad, is really idiotic. If we don't win the championship this year, Rob needs to be in question. No GM, President of basketball ops has ever broke up a championship squad, after their 1st year of winning 1.

Y’all would be sending death threats to Danny Green, complaining about Rondo being injured all the time. And when LBJ/AD went out we’d be faring even worse. No championship team had massive injuries to their unquestioned superstars like this. Imagine no Michael/Scottie. Or kobe/shaq. That’s what happened to this team. Not the ancillary pieces.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9
Jump to: