Is there any team in the NBA that can top our front court (Lebron, AD, AD2)?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:28 pm    Post subject: Is there any team in the NBA that can top our front court (Lebron, AD, AD2)?

Anyone know of a competing team's front court (eg Clippers, the Suns, 76'ers and the Nets) that is capable of outplaying a healthy James, Davis and Drummond?
crazylakerfan001
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:42 pm    Post subject:

When Healthy we probably have the best backup front court as well

Lebron/Kuzma
Davis/Trez/ Kieff
Drummond/Gasol
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:44 pm    Post subject:

Nope. Closest competitors would be the 76ers with Embiid, Tobias Harris, Simmons, and Dwight.

Which is better— AD/Drummond/Harrell/Gasol or Bynum/Pau/Odom?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:57 pm    Post subject:

Crazy thing is there were some games before Bron went out where even he looked like a legit elite rim protector for a few games we needed him to be. No other team is close to us this season when healthy. That's even if you leave out Bron but if you include him which I think he should be then it's a landslide in our favor.

I think this years front court absolutely has the potential to be better on both ends (defense especially) then the fc of Bynum/Pau/Odom but until they actually show it in the Playoffs (or even regular season for that matter) I can't pick them just yet.
crazylakerfan001
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:03 pm    Post subject:

Lebron
Kuzma
Davis
Drummond
Gasol

Could actually be a in game lineup and could actually work

6'9 and over, talk about a big lineup. Some Teams dont even have a guy over 6'9 in their lineup, our Point guard would be bigger than their center.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:17 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Nope. Closest competitors would be the 76ers with Embiid, Tobias Harris, Simmons, and Dwight.

AD/Bron over BPO

BPO over AD and that rag-tag group of tall hoopers
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:19 pm    Post subject:

I’m excited to see these 3 in the lineup just for the rebounding alone. Will the defense ever get a rebound when we miss shots? LOL. Or maybe a Trez/Drummond lineup. Offensive rebounds for daysssssss.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:29 pm    Post subject:

Is Lebron really a frontcourt player? Sometimes he is, for sure. But he's really more of a perimeter guy, especially on offense. If you count him as a frontcourt player, then sure, we have the best frontcourt in the league. But if you do that, we also have one of the weakest backcourts in the league. If there any contender that has a weaker backcourt than Schroder and Casey P.?
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:35 pm    Post subject:

tomorrow onward the paint is closed
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Is there any team in the NBA that can top our front court (Lebron, AD, AD2)?

troy wrote:
Anyone know of a competing team's front court (eg Clippers, the Suns, 76'ers and the Nets) that is capable of outplaying a healthy James, Davis and Drummond?

Without question, on paper, they're the best front court in the league. On paper, James and Davis and pretty much anyone else is probably the best front court in the league.

That said, given how interchangeable positions are becoming these days, I'm not sure if the term front court is even all that meaningful anymore.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:58 am    Post subject:

Davis
    Drummond
    James
    Gasol
    Kuzma
    Harrell
    Morris

Damn!
lurklurk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:08 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

Good question actually. Would like to see how AD+AD2 play together frist before passing verdict. What took the BPO frontcourt to the next level is how well they play together no matter which 2 is on the court and their ability to dominate the offensive boards. On paper, the 2 AD tandem has elite potential on every facet of the game besides shooting. Lets see if it translates to actual play.

Also, id put kief there instead of trez and marc. I see it as drum vs bynum, ad vs pau and kief vs odom.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:25 am    Post subject:

No, when healthy it's the best front court in the NBA.
markjay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:19 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:

When healthy, it's one of the best front courts in the history of the NBA.
lurklurk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:42 am    Post subject:

markjay wrote:
King Randle wrote:

When healthy, it's one of the best front courts in the history of the NBA.

Id maybe wait a game at least.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:24 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Is Lebron really a frontcourt player? Sometimes he is, for sure. But he's really more of a perimeter guy, especially on offense. If you count him as a frontcourt player, then sure, we have the best frontcourt in the league. But if you do that, we also have one of the weakest backcourts in the league. If there any contender that has a weaker backcourt than Schroder and Casey P.?

I guess it mostly depends how much you value offensive backcourts to more versatile 2 way backcourts. Purely offensive? Yeah, we're def. way down at the bottom but defensively there's not many that are better imo.

When you have the front court that's night and day better then everyone else the 2 way aspect is much more important imo.

Lebron can be both though since he's so versatile. Like I said above i've seen him be elite as a rim protector and probably better then 80% of the Centers in the NBA. That will never be asked from him though with the Double D's so he'll probably be mostly perimeter oriented but when the Playoff's start I can absolutely see him go back to more of a safety approach where he can be an elite helper to make that front court even more daunting to face but he can also play the passing lanes (all 3 of our fc guys are great at this as well) and guard nearly anyone 1-5 in todays NBA for at least stretches.

I hope Vogel gets a little creative at times in the Playoffs because the roster versatile is absolutely insane and if used correctly we could demoralize certain lineups for sure.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:24 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:

I guess it mostly depends how much you value offensive backcourts to more versatile 2 way backcourts. Purely offensive? Yeah, we're def. way down at the bottom but defensively there's not many that are better imo.

When you have the front court that's night and day better then everyone else the 2 way aspect is much more important imo.

Lebron can be both though since he's so versatile. Like I said above i've seen him be elite as a rim protector and probably better then 80% of the Centers in the NBA. That will never be asked from him though with the Double D's so he'll probably be mostly perimeter oriented but when the Playoff's start I can absolutely see him go back to more of a safety approach where he can be an elite helper to make that front court even more daunting to face but he can also play the passing lanes (all 3 of our fc guys are great at this as well) and guard nearly anyone 1-5 in todays NBA for at least stretches.

I hope Vogel gets a little creative at times in the Playoffs because the roster versatile is absolutely insane and if used correctly we could demoralize certain lineups for sure.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:46 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:

Philly? I guess it depends if you consider Simmons to be a frontcourt player.
LakesGnrLake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:59 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

Ohhh good question. I would probably roll with Bynum/Pau/Odom, you could do a lot of things with that lineup.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:37 am    Post subject:

hype wrote:

That might work if Schroder and Casey P. were elite defenders, but they aren't. They're average to above average defenders for starting guards, but well below average offensive players compared to other starters. If you look at the other contenders, the overall mix isn't really close. Utah has Mitchell and Conley. Phoenix has Booker and Paul. Philadelphia has Simmons and Curry. Brooklyn has Harden and Irving.

If we're going to call Lebron a frontcourt player, that's fine. We might have a great frontcourt under that reasoning, but we would have a pretty weak backcourt. I think it's more accurate to view Lebron as a backcourt player. He's our real point guard. Schroder and Casey P. are just glorified placeholders.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:56 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:

This frontcourt/backcourt designation has pretty much lost all meaning. You are whatever you are listed as by the coach pretty much. Simmons, Doncic, PG13 are technically backcourt despite being 6'8'' and above. Jimmy Butler, Lebron are frontcourt despite being the primary playmakers for their teams. Jaylen Brown is backcourt, unless Smart starts. Then he's frontcourt. LaMelo is listed as a PG, despite playing a ton of minutes alongside Terry Rozier and Devonte Graham. Both guys 1/2 a foot shorter than him. So I guess that makes one of them (Rozier/Graham) a frontcourt player when they play together. It's all a ridiculous joke at this point.
cathy78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: Is there any team in the NBA that can top our front court (Lebron, AD, AD2)?

troy wrote:

Pretty much any team as long as they are injured, benched (Marc) and not playing.
cencio_999
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:20 am    Post subject:

AD and drummond will most likely not close key games togheter, so I'm not particularly excited for that frontcourt.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:26 am    Post subject:

The bigger superstar in the playoffs has the advantage most of the time. And by bigger I mean size. Height, length, strength.
So I'm glad our best players are bigger than most other superstars in the league.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:26 am    Post subject:

Yes. The Lakers frontcourt of Lebron, AD, Gasol.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: