If we don’t Repeat .. Rob Pelinka will have to man up and apologize for breaking up a championship team
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 1:35 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Lakeshow23_ wrote:
PG: Bradley/Rondo
SG: KCP/Caruso
SF: Danny Green/Kuzma
PF: Kieff/Kuzma
C: Dwight/Javale

That would have been the lineup for the month or so Bron and AD both missed. I'm not sure that lineup could win more than a game or two.

I switched around your roster a little to reflect how I think Vogel would have played it. That’s a strong defensive roster. How is this year’s roster that much stronger?

To be clear, I am not buying into the arguments made by some of the other posters. Both rosters were built to support Lebron and Davis, not as insurance against a worst case scenario.

Last years team just simply had no scoring if LBJ and AD went down. Especially with Kuzma being inconsistent. With all the flaws of DS and Trezz, they do provide points, and that wins you some games. Also, rondo in the regular season was so much worse, I don’t think you could count on him.

True, but defense wins some games, too. I don’t doubt that this year’s roster would win more games under identical circumstances. I just don’t think that the difference is as big as the other poster suggested. This year, we won a few games because the opponents were wiped out by injuries, because the opponents had checked out, or because a couple players got red hot. The same would have been true for last year’s roster. There would be a gap, but not a gigantic gap.
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 8:09 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
If we had identical team as last year we would be out of playoffs right now.
lordtrapula
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 8:50 pm    Post subject:

Rondo would break down in the middle of the season if the Lakers gave him Schroder-type minutes.

They would be an 9th-10th seed in the west with davis and bron out.
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 8:58 pm    Post subject:

This topic is the most chickensht of all LG topics in the pantheon of blame-ridden small d LG topics. Kudos on the victim defeatist weak minded perspective. Softer than Victoria Secret draz. GTFO RT.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7
Jump to: