If we don’t Repeat .. Rob Pelinka will have to man up and apologize for breaking up a championship team
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 5:33 pm    Post subject:

I
N
J
U
R
I
E
S

T
O

L
B
J
/
A
D.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 5:48 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I
N
J
U
R
I
E
S

T
O

L
B
J
/
A
D.

Last season we had a veteran point guard with a high IQ that could run the offense effectively with or without LeBron. We have that this season?

Last season we had a defensive proficient center combo for a defensive minded head coach. We have that this season?

Point proven.

#stopplayingtheinjurycard
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 5:51 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I
N
J
U
R
I
E
S

T
O

L
B
J
/
A
D.

It really is that simple. Last years team with this years injuries would be out of playoff contention. There’s no need for distortion or temper tantrums. It’s not always your year. We’ll be back. Nothing to be mad about. If we were healthy all year and in the play in tourney then the frustration would make sense.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 5:56 pm    Post subject:

The Denver Nuggets are 12 -1 without their superstar guard Jamal Murray.

Excuses make you seem weak...
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 6:12 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I
N
J
U
R
I
E
S

T
O

L
B
J
/
A
D.

Last season we had a veteran point guard with a high IQ that could run the offense effectively with or without LeBron. We have that this season?

Last season we had a defensive proficient center combo for a defensive minded head coach. We have that this season?

Point proven.

Thank you! They keep trying to use that narrative for an excuse this year, without breaking down our team last year vs this year.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 6:23 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:

How would they be without Jokic AND Murray.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 6:24 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
troy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I
N
J
U
R
I
E
S

T
O

L
B
J
/
A
D.

Point proven.

Thank you! They keep trying to use that narrative for an excuse this year, without breaking down our team last year vs this year.

That’s literally the difference. Heathy AD/LBJ vs unhealthy AD/LBJ. It’s laughable that y’all are acting like the supporting casts are the reason why the teams are performing differently.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 6:25 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I
N
J
U
R
I
E
S

T
O

L
B
J
/
A
D.

Point proven.

That team was more dependent on LBJ/AD than this year’s team. Do you know how many games Rondo has missed this year? And Jav/Dwight are nothing without a healthy AD:LBJ.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 6:29 pm    Post subject:

AC is not a PG, he shouldn’t playmake
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 6:35 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I
N
J
U
R
I
E
S

T
O

L
B
J
/
A
D.

Point proven.

This thread is getting pretty ridiculous.

Last year's team was Lebron and AD and everybody else. This year's team is Lebron and AD and a different everybody else.

I have no idea if, in a vacuum, the everybody else from last year was better or worse than the everybody else from this year.

I just know if Lebron and AD are hurt both last year's club and this year's club suck
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 6:36 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:

The only thing that proves is that Jokic is far and away the most important player on that team. And if you think that Murray missing 13 games is comparable to AD missing 35 and Lebron missing 23 I really don't know what to say. What would Denver's record be without Murray and Jokic?
Lakerwayne
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 8:43 pm    Post subject:

What? Last years team was clearly more dependent on lbj and ad in my eyes, this year there is a lot more scoring and playmaking on the team outside of them two and there is more depth. Last years team would probably be in the lotto right now with bron and ad out injured as much as they have been. They would have no scoring or playmaking, especially since rondo is usually bad in the regular season. That’s why they built the team this way, to try to stay competitive in the event of likely injuries to their main guys after a championship run, shortened offseason, and condensed schedule. Cmon people isn’t this obvious? Just because the team is struggling right now doesn’t mean the front office did the wrong thing in the off-season, they did what they did anticipating this and the team is trying to stay afloat right now as injuries and absences have piled up. Wtf are some people on here talking about 😳
windycitycane
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 8:45 pm    Post subject:

well at least we can all agree that our 'supporting cast' has been one of the biggest disappointments in sports..
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 8:50 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I
N
J
U
R
I
E
S

T
O

L
B
J
/
A
D.

Point proven.

Seriously, are you new to LG? Do you need me to find you the rondo thread in the regular season? He played really bad and most LG wanted to cut him.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 8:51 pm    Post subject:

Dominator wrote:
troy wrote:

The only thing that proves is that Jokic is far and away the most important player on that team. And if you think that Murray missing 13 games is comparable to AD missing 35 and Lebron missing 23 I really don't know what to say. What would Denver's record be without Murray and Jokic?

Also check the teams Denver played during that stretch
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 8:57 pm    Post subject:

I feel like the pressure is off. With injuries nobody expects us to be favorites anymore. Let’s play it out being the underdog and if this team gets bounced, have a rest, regroup, and comeback strong.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 8:58 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
troy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I
N
J
U
R
I
E
S

T
O

L
B
J
/
A
D.

Point proven.

Seriously, are you new to LG? Do you need me to find you the rondo thread in the regular season? He played really bad and most LG wanted to cut him.

We were all calling for AC over rondo until the playoffs.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 9:00 pm    Post subject:

Three point shooters who can pump and drive are crucial in today’s game. KCP does it somewhat, but for the most part we just don’t have that.
elBJ
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 9:02 pm    Post subject:

If it ain't broke, don't fix it comes to mind.
I liked the moves other than D12/39 but last years teams chemistry got watered down and this years team never got a chance to develop it with all the injuries. Bad combo and RP looks culpable.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 9:15 pm    Post subject:

elBJ wrote:
If it ain't broke, don't fix it comes to mind.
I liked the moves other than D12/39 but last years teams chemistry got watered down and this years team never got a chance to develop it with all the injuries. Bad combo and RP looks culpable.

Wouldn’t have mattered if we brought everyone back if AD/LBJ got injured like this.
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 9:16 pm    Post subject:

Double post
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 9:19 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
troy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I
N
J
U
R
I
E
S

T
O

L
B
J
/
A
D.

Point proven.

Lakers are also the top rated defensive team in the league this year despite missing AD and Bron for huge chunks.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 9:19 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
It doesn’t matter if you don’t have AD/LBJ for a long stretch like this season. Those guys were arguably MORE dependent on AD/LBJ.

Lakers haven’t really been all that Impressive even when AD and LeBron were fully healthy the only stretch this season that we were playing good was when we came out of the all star break and then LeBron got injured.

when we’re both of them healthy? this is the first game I consider AD playing healthy
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 10:16 pm    Post subject:

Cant really apologize for running it back, cause last year’s team had flaws just as much as this year’s version. Pelinka knew that the COVID pause last year was unique and allowed Bron & AD to refresh. We won last year off of Bron/AD’s brilliance imho and that is a direct result of them getting healthy with last year’s hiatus during the season.

If Bron and AD got sufficient rest again, I would have liked our chances this year as well. But playmaking falls entirely on Bron this year in the postseason, last year it didn’t. So no rest for you Bron. Drummond was a late add, so it came down to Marc and Trezz having to shoulder the center position during the regular season and we been knowing that Marc has been slowing down over the years and can’t be a 30min per guy and as for Trezz, he’s a defensive liability at the 5 which would suggest limited minutes with Vogel at the helm. Losing Dwight for the same vet min amount and then having to shed McGee to give Marc a two year deal was part of what did us in. Having Schro be Bron’s primary backup in playmaking is what did us in. Now our duo are hobbled as a result.

If Rob needs to apologize, it’s for botching the 2019 summer where we had the ability to construct a new coaching staff, get a max FA and still then trade for AD. Instead, we got like our 3rd choice at HC with no offensive acumen to his name, we didn’t get a 3rd max guy to help Bron and eventually AD in playmaking and we gave up entirely too many assets for a distressed asset in AD who pretty much used every tactic in the book (including using his pops to dare Ainge to trade for his son) to force his way to LA and yet we still gave up unnecessary draft capital when we were handed that type of leverage from AD/Klutch.

Rob had partial fault in letting Jules walk for nothing in return and not retaining TB’s trivial caphold for unrealized cap space, then gave up additional assets for a 3rd max slot, only to not really have that player commit in the end. Here’s a thought...get a verbal commitment from dude and then pull the trigger in dumping assets to clear space for that 3rd max.

Had we been more judicious with our assets (ie coaching options and cap space), then Bron and AD wouldn’t need to be entirely relied upon last year as well as this year.

Imho, we were lucky to have the COVID break last year, otherwise both sets of rosters had holes in them that would derail any title aspirations we hoped to have.

Btw, roster construction to me is having a deep enough squad that can help you get by during the regular season so that your stars can really come through in the postseason. Rob had the right idea in wanting to have a team with 3 stars on it. He has yet to succeed in that regard, so if anything apologize for that. But then again, he took MozDeng and turned it into at least 2 stars, so he deserves kudos for at least that, right!?
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 10:51 pm    Post subject:

Lakerz113 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
troy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I
N
J
U
R
I
E
S

T
O

L
B
J
/
A
D.

Point proven.

We were all calling for AC over rondo until the playoffs.

So damn bloody true. We were dissapointed when the Clips got Reggie Jackson after the Pistons bought him out figuring even he'd be better.

Not sure why folks keep cloaking Rondo in this myth that last year during the regular season he was anything to brag out. He was not. As I posted elsewhere, last year he played about 25 good games for the Lakers: 20 of them in the playoffs.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7
Jump to: