Appreciation thread

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:22 pm    Post subject: Appreciation thread

Between the injuries, short offseason, and the fact we won a title last year let’s give a hand to our lakers.

Things obviously didn’t go our way this year, but the odds were against us once the our stars went down.

I look forward to what moves Pelinka makes, and also look forward to seeing the fuel that we come out with next season.

Always a laker fan, I’d trade today for last years title any day.

Let’s regroup, rest, and come out strong next season !
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:23 pm    Post subject:

Ditto. I hope the constant player bashing will slow down now that the season is officially over.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:26 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
Ditto. I hope the constant player bashing will slow down now that the season is officially over.

The narrative will be that LbJ is slowing down, the facts are he is still hurt, and can only do so much without a supporting cast.

Probs to AD for giving it a go. I think he knew he was done but he didn’t lay down.

Kcp has been roughed up all year. appreciate him giving it all this last game.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:36 pm    Post subject:

Lakers did as well as they could have in terms of playing through injuries.

KCP had a big game 6 but it didn't matter because they had key injuries to the key players in their playoff run last year.

I look forward to next season being much better than this one as these guys finally get an offseason.

Don't take this last championship for granted. These guys earned it by playing their asses off and their reward was a shortened offseason and a playoff series where they had to play every other day while other teams got two days off between games like the Clippers.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:38 pm    Post subject:

My #1 wish for next year besides health is a competent replacement for Jason Kidd.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:39 pm    Post subject:

Injuries, not roster construction, was the biggest reason we didn't repeat as champs.

This shows us how hard it is to repeat as champs. You must stay healthy, you must stay hungry and you must replenish your roster.

Not doing just one of those things prevents you from winning it all again.

Regardless, our team showed plenty of fight in Game 6. We didn't quit like we did in Game 4 or Game 5.

Remember: we've won 6 world championships in the new millennium. No other American sports team has won more in the same time span!
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:07 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
Injuries, not roster construction, was the biggest reason we didn't repeat as champs.

This shows us how hard it is to repeat as champs. You must stay healthy, you must stay hungry and you must replenish your roster.

Regardless, our team showed plenty of fight in Game 6. We didn't quit like we did in Game 4 or Game 5.

Remember: we've won 6 world championships in the new millennium. No other American sports team has won more in the same time span!

Also, people rip on AD, but he bloody tried. He really, really did. Hell, put that Booker drive to the side (where he aggravated his groin again guarding Booker, and really showed how much he was laboring), AD was actually being a deterrent defensively for the short time in.

They tried. I can nit pick on alot of things but for game 6...they really tried. They literally "come back with your shield...or on it."
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:46 am    Post subject:

There's always next year. Excited to see what healthy LBJ and AD can do again.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:57 am    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:

Anthony Davis needs to come back sharp, mentally and physically. He needs to take enough time off so he can't play the I'm-tired excuse, and then work on his physical constitution so that he can withstand/prevent injury, otherwise we'll back to square one with him getting injured and f'ing up the season for us.

Kuzma didn't progress like, say, Michael Porter Jr did because he wasn't invested in being a Laker. He needs to go.

Dennis Schroder is only out for Dennis Schroder. He's a selfish, arrogant ass of a player and he doesn't represent the Laker spirit, nor does he deserve to be on this team. He needs to go.

Kieff played like a 2 million a year player. He sorta needs to go.

KCP, while good defensively, needs to work on consistency, as well as a midrange game. Otherwise, he needs to go.

Alex Caruso had better start getting better. Work on a 3 point shot and get consistent with it. Otherwise, he needs to go.

Vogel had better make a decision about who's playing at the Center spot, and get his rotations down.

And Rob Pelinka had better fix the sh*t show he created by blowing up last season's championship team, damn him.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:41 am    Post subject:

I appreciate LAST YEARS Team, this year's team was filled with injuries, under-achievers and POOR Coaching...!

Unfortunately, I see the Lakers getting WORSE from now until LeBron retires, and here's the problems:

Overpaying Lebron & Davis has left them no cap space to bring in a third star.

Overpaying Kuz and KCP -n who both sucked in the playoffs has left them no room to bring in mid-tier talent.

NOT paying Shroder means he will sign elsewhere after this season.

NOT playing Harrell means he will sign elsewhere after this season.

Morris, McLemore and Drummond will all be leaving.

Lakers are stuck with Gasol another year.

Lakers still OWE Deng $5mil next season

Lakers need to trade Kuz (who I love) as he sucks off the bench and needs to be a starter somewhere else.

Hopefully they can resign Caruso

The only way to keep THT is to overpay him, which further restricts their ability to assemble a quality team.

The Coach was in WAY over his head this season!

LeBron will be one year older and one year more injury prone..

Is Davis gonna go back to being injury-prone?

Remember the old Rambo sound bite: "It's Over Johnny, It's Over!"
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:25 am    Post subject:

Lol. Its called the appreciation thread and despite just about every other thread being available to gripe or dump turds on the team posters still gotta come in here and find a way to go off topic and turn it into the opposite of the title.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:29 am    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:

xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:39 am    Post subject:

I agree. We were without our best player. We'll be back next year.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:03 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Lol. Its called the appreciation thread and despite just about every other thread being available to gripe or dump turds on the team posters still gotta come in here and find a way to go off topic and turn it into the opposite of the title.

Thank you Doctor! And despite your intentions, did you notice how my post started with what I did APPRECIATE (matching the thread title), while BOTH of YOUR two posts FAIL to mention the word Appreciate...now that's a real LOL...!
UKUGA
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:18 pm    Post subject:

One of the things I have noticed is that across the league (from Riley, to Ainge, to Stevens, to James and Davis), when the season ends, people are letting out a huge sigh of relief.

Many, many people, have spent the Pandemic sitting at home working on a laptop.

These guys had a season that did not finish until October last year, and went into this season and had to deal with Covid protocols for an entire season.

Even Malone (Denver coach) is complaining about how exhausting it all is, and his team is still playing.
WC13
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:24 pm    Post subject:

This team could have won it all again without a doubt.

Injuries happened (to both superstars), and that changed everything. It's unfair to judge anything, the other players, the coaching, etc, under those circumstances

Had AD not been injured (again), the whole narrative right now would be completely different.

I see people around the twitterverse and elsewhere gloating about Lebron losing in the first round, acting like the Suns and Booker destroyed them.

The Suns didn't destroy them when the team had AD.

Even in the last game, AD's back, but clearly can't play...the Suns go to town in the first...but the last 3 quarters are Lakers, Lakers, tie.

Do the Suns or anyone else really think they'd be celebrating right now if AD was on the floor at full capacity?

The Suns didn't beat the Lakers, injuries did.
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:25 pm    Post subject:

I will always appreciate the Lakers. We have been spoiled rotten.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:22 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
DrDent wrote:

Thank you Doctor! And despite your intentions, did you notice how my post started with what I did APPRECIATE (matching the thread title), while BOTH of YOUR two posts FAIL to mention the word Appreciate...now that's a real LOL...!

Come on Hell, that's silly. You dont need to say you "appreciate" every time you show appreciation. In fact, your own post showed how using the word appreciation meant nada for the thread theme. I saluted in my first post their not backing down by referencing the old Spartan phrase of coming back with your shield, or on it, which they did. That's called appreciation.

Second post was pointing out how posts like yours (which used appreciation, but really was not) were not on point, to get back on point.

So congrats, per your rules, I have now posted 3 in here "not on theme" while you have done 2. Per my rules, I posted 1 on point, 1 to try get others back on point, and 1 to defend my position.

Yeay.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:43 pm    Post subject:

This season felt weirder than last.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:45 pm    Post subject:

Always next year. Can’t win every year. And this one was a doomed one with that early start after our championship.

I appreciate how great Anthony Davis truly is. The dude when healthy is the difference between no playoffs and championship. He tried playing through it, but now he can use this offseason to actually rest and get his body back into gear.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:13 pm    Post subject:

I do appreciate the Lakers, and all the people on this board, talking and discussing our beloved Lakers. We won a title last year in the Covid crazy bubble, made a bunch of changes to adapt this year. It didn't work out, short offseason, injuries to star players, new guys played okay but not great, and our bench wasn't there in the playoffs.

It's hard to imagine how different this roster will look next year - Montrez, Drummond, Schroeder, THT, Caruso, Matthews, Dudley, Morris, Gasol could all leave. KCP and Kuzma might get used in trades. I don't think everyone will be gone but you just never know.

Thank you Lakers for your continuing effort to bring us the best team possible. Get healthy LeBron and AD, everyone else get some rest, and work on improving your shooting. See you in October.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:55 pm    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
I do appreciate the Lakers, and all the people on this board, talking and discussing our beloved Lakers. We won a title last year in the Covid crazy bubble, made a bunch of changes to adapt this year. It didn't work out, short offseason, injuries to star players, new guys played okay but not great, and our bench wasn't there in the playoffs.

It's hard to imagine how different this roster will look next year - Montrez, Drummond, Schroeder, THT, Caruso, Matthews, Dudley, Morris, Gasol could all leave. KCP and Kuzma might get used in trades. I don't think everyone will be gone but you just never know.

Thank you Lakers for your continuing effort to bring us the best team possible. Get healthy LeBron and AD, everyone else get some rest, and work on improving your shooting. See you in October.

+1
nevitt_smrek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:04 pm    Post subject:

Tough year, but they will be back. Will there still be a parade for the 2020?
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:12 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Always next year. Can’t win every year. And this one was a doomed one with that early start after our championship.

I appreciate how great Anthony Davis truly is. The dude when healthy is the difference between no playoffs and championship. He tried playing through it, but now he can use this offseason to actually rest and get his body back into gear.

Yep can't wait to see our two big guns healthy next season. They'll be ready for a revenge tour next year!
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:15 am    Post subject:

Of course we appreciated the team!!! dissapointed as hell but still. F injuries
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: