Lebron will not lose in the first round!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 3:25 pm    Post subject: Lebron will not lose in the first round!

He has never lost a first round series and I do not think that he has any interest in starting now.

He will push and get us across this first round finish line.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 3:31 pm    Post subject:

As Jackson said near the end of the game...

Don’t tell me you want to win, show me.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 3:38 pm    Post subject:

Even without AD and KCP and on an off shooting day, they should have won today. The Suns were anxious to choke the game away. If the Lakers just stay focused, they still have more than enough talent to win this in 6.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 3:43 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
Even without AD and KCP and on an off shooting day, they should have won today. The Suns were anxious to choke the game away. If the Lakers just stay focused, they still have more than enough talent to win this in 6.

Actually unless we have an unexpected great game in Game 5, I think we will lose Game 5 and make a stand at Staples for Game 6 and take positive momentum for winner take all Game 7
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 3:58 pm    Post subject:

Today was definitely winnable but they squandered away their chance with a few careless, unforced turnovers that cost the game. I really thought Lebron was gonna take over after that crowder bs foul. And he did for like 2 possessions, then he kinda dialed it back.
BotPoster24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 4:06 pm    Post subject:

I felt Lebron needed to turn it up a little sooner than he did. Waiting until the 5 minute mark, made it so we had no room for error. Every possession on both sides of the ball needed to be executed in order to complete that come back.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 4:07 pm    Post subject:

If LeBron doesn't want to get bounced in the first round. He'll need that "extra gear" he says he has, and to stop taking so many step back threes against a team that can't stop him at the rim.
LakersARETheGOAT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 4:14 pm    Post subject:

Everything comes to an end. So I would not be surprised if it happens.
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 4:25 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:

Will you ease stop your nonsense. You talk as if we have clay and curry.

We played like (bleep) most of the year. You talk as if we are no 1 seed and cruised through the competetion.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 4:49 pm    Post subject:

I believe in Lebron
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 5:00 pm    Post subject:

I hate this stat being repeated so often. 😑
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 5:04 pm    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:

We played like (bleep) most of the year. You talk as if we are no 1 seed and cruised through the competetion.

If we had everyone most of the season we'd very likely have the 1 seed so it's really not that crazy at all.. Even without AD we're clearly the better team still in my eyes at least, it's just not as much of an advantage as i'd like.

We still win this and next series regardless imo, it's beyond that where our main guys especially are going to be needed to be consistent superstars for us to win it all. Only time will tell with that.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 5:10 pm    Post subject:

At his age, he can't carry a team by himself. He needs AD.
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 8:01 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
roger_federer wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:

If we had everyone most of the season we'd very likely have the 1 seed so it's really not that crazy at all.. Even without AD we're clearly the better team still in my eyes at least, it's just not as much of an advantage as i'd like.

We still win this and next series regardless imo, it's beyond that where our main guys especially are going to be needed to be consistent superstars for us to win it all. Only time will tell with that.

He says we blowout most of teams Even without LBJ and AD .
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 8:02 pm    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:
hype wrote:
roger_federer wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:

That's Treble though. He's always been that way - almost always extreme optimism. Rarely says anything negative about the Laker team. I gave up poking Treb last year and just accept Treble for who he is as a poster
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 8:03 pm    Post subject:

I have seen LBJ carrying CAVS to finals all by himself. He was healthy that time and was in very good form with his shots. Its different now. He got injured 2 of the last 3 years and our shoooters cant even score at decent rate even on wide open shots.

If AD is not coming back, there is no point in Lbj going all out.
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 8:05 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
roger_federer wrote:
hype wrote:
roger_federer wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:

That's Treble though. He's always been that way - almost always extreme optimism. Rarely says anything negative about the Laker team. I gave up poking Treb last year and just accept Treble for who he is as a poster

I guess he is exact opposite to me
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 8:05 pm    Post subject:

Lebron needs his guys to start hitting their open shots or his streak will end, with or without a hobbled AD
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 8:18 pm    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:
I have seen LBJ carrying CAVS to finals all by himself. He was healthy that time and was in very good form with his shots. Its different now. He got injured 2 of the last 3 years and our shoooters cant even score at decent rate even on wide open shots.

You're right, you are the opposite of Treb

Yea, I think LBJ will give it his best. Look, if DS can get to the FT line and guys hit these wide open shots (and otherwise not go nuts taking 40 3's)...I think they can beat the Suns.

But, I think its silly to underestimate Suns or think "hey, no problem." Team has not beaten the Suns without AD/ or when he plays, if he plays poorly. They're (Suns) going to give a steady diet of attacks on the rim and kickouts. They're also going to be even happier packing the paint. Lakers will have a challenge, and it will take LBJ and DS to play like they did together back in late february / early-mid march. Granted...that scope of games did not have many .500 teams.
vcdplaya3002
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 8:21 pm    Post subject:

Dennis is the one player who shoots the 3 significantly better on the road so I expect a much better shooting performance next game. Game 5 will require Finals KCP and if I’m Vogel I hope to find a little magic from the bubble and put Kieff back in the starting lineup. Kieff is the one guy who benefits the most from starting and he is definitely capable of catching fire from 3. Game 5 is likely the series, as I don’t see us beating them twice in a row with a hobbled AD.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 8:23 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
roger_federer wrote:

You're right, you are the opposite of Treb

Yea, I think LBJ will give it his best. Look, if DS can get to the FT line and guys hit these wide open shots (and otherwise not go nuts taking 40 3's)...I think they can beat the Suns.

But, I think its silly to underestimate Suns or think "hey, no problem." Team has not beaten the Suns without AD/ or when he plays, if he plays poorly. They're (Suns) going to give a steady diet of attacks on the rim and kickouts. They're also going to be even happier packing the paint. Lakers will have a challenge, and it will take LBJ and DS to play like they did together back in late february / early-mid march. Granted...that scope of games did not have many .500 teams.

We beat a healthy Suns teams without lebron recently, so it is definitely doable, but guys need to hit their 3s, and kuzma can’t be playing this bad.
As far as Federer goes, he made me a Nadal/djokovic fan.
vcdplaya3002
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 8:41 pm    Post subject:

There is a formula we can use for game 5, just go back and watch what the Cavs did in 2015 finals with basically lebron and a bunch of role players. They slowed the pace way down, allowed lebron to post up or attack 1 on 1 the entire game and spaced the floor with all shooting and 1 rebounding big all game. They may not have won, but they were competitive in every game and were severely outmanned talent wise. If we can get a similar version of lebron we can survive this series and live to see another round with AD hopefully back. The one caveat is that the Cavs role players were all hitting the kickout 3s. I hope our shooters can do the same.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 8:50 pm    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:
hype wrote:
roger_federer wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:

I’m not sure when I said that. I think they *can* (and have) beat teams without LeBron and AD and I think the supporting cast could get hot and win a playoff series without them but that’s really more about the Lakers being great in the clutch and the fact that I am not really sold on some of these other teams.

My optimism is because although the Lakers are inconsistent and play poorly at times, they seem to flip a switch and play great when they need to. Meanwhile, their opponents consistently look terrible against them.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 9:08 pm    Post subject:

I think I understand what treble clef is saying, we have two superstars on the team that have the capability to take the team to the finals and win it. In the west its us, the clippers and maybe the jazz. No one else is going anywhere. The suns may beat us in this series due to our poor shooting and injuries but they’re not going to the finals
vcdplaya3002
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 9:21 pm    Post subject:

If Dennis wants to get paid he needs to at least match whatever old grandpa cp3 is providing for phx. Dennis has got to attack cp3 and force him to play defense. If there was ever a time for his best game as a laker, Tuesday is it.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: