#8 SPOT IS SECURED. REST OR GO FOR 6TH SPOT???
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 8:42 am    Post subject:

Agree with the “win every game” strategy. They have lost their chemistry. Time to try to find it before it is too late.

They had the team intact for the Kings and Raptors. How did that turn out?

Davis has looked great, the team is showing signs of life, James is supposedly back in a game or two. All good things.

The final step is to have the team chemistry and focus ready for the intensity of the playoffs. There is no relying on reputation or potential. It is about who wants it more and willing there play with that urgency. Only thing that will matter is that final score.

I don’t share the confidence some have that the Lakers are ready for that level of competition. I’ll be rooting for them, but they will have to prove it.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 9:02 am    Post subject:

Secure the eighth seed and then rest everyone... if you can't win one of two games against the bottom playoff teams it's doubtful you would get far anyway. You don't want to play against the Clippers until LBJ has played himself into game shape. It's crazy and just dumb pride to try them in the first round.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 9:40 am    Post subject:

Their last four games are easy. They can win them all and get rest at the same time.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 10:48 am    Post subject:

just got to play and get in sync. Its not about W/L . We just need to start fine tuning our rotations, schemes etc.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 11:17 am    Post subject:

Is this a joke? Teams always want momentum heading into the playoffs
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 11:32 am    Post subject:

Win out.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 12:03 pm    Post subject:

lebron not playing should tell you they want no parts of the clips in the 1st round. He'd be playing if they did.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 12:07 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
lebron not playing should tell you they want no parts of the clips in the 1st round. He'd be playing if they did.

Lebron not playing tells me the guy is hurt.

I care a million times more about than about your silly Lebron delusions.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 12:09 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:

Yeah, and I don't blame them. I do think we should try to win out, but hope that the Blazers do as well. Need to see some good momentum heading into the playoffs, but will also need a few games under LeBron's belt to be able to take on the Clips in later rounds. First round matchup with PHX is a good ramp up.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 12:25 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
kwase wrote:

It was reported today by Chris Haynes that lebron had two full workouts and felt "great". Go tell Chris he's "silly". You guys act like lebron has never faked an injury before, or planted things in the media so he'll have an excuse. Feel free to leave a comment on Undisputed's page about how you feel.

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 12:30 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
activeverb wrote:
kwase wrote:

It was reported today by Chris Haynes that lebron had two full workouts and felt "great". Go tell Chris he's "silly". You guys act like lebron has never faked an injury before, or planted things in the media so he'll have an excuse. Feel free to leave a comment on Undisputed's page about how you feel.

So is he afraid to play the Suns and Blazers too?
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 12:36 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
kwase wrote:
activeverb wrote:
kwase wrote:

Suns are a young team minus CP3 and we beat Portland last year in the playoffs. Do you want the clips in the 1st round? I'm not saying he's afraid, I'm saying he'd rather just go to the play-in.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 12:54 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
kwase wrote:
activeverb wrote:
kwase wrote:

Suns are a young team minus CP3 and we beat Portland last year in the playoffs. Do you want the clips in the 1st round? I'm not saying he's afraid, I'm saying he'd rather just go to the play-in.

You're just projecting your own fears into Lebron. You don't want the Clippers in the first rd, that must mean Lebron doesn't want them either. LOL!

I don't want the Clippers in the first rd either, but I have no clue what's going on in Lebron's head. You seem to have all that figured out.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 1:12 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
kwase wrote:
activeverb wrote:
kwase wrote:

Don't know if Lebron advocates tanking for position, don't know if he doesn't. It would make sense, since it's evident to fans. Bottom line, for any number of reasons, the Clippers are just a tough matchup for us. That's just the way it is. It doesn't matter how good an overall team we are, the Clippers just have our number.

Avoid the Clippers at all costs, including tanking for position (and I'm sure Lebron, et al, understand this).
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 1:15 pm    Post subject:

Clippers are our toughest possible first round opponent. I'm not sure playing Denver is more desirable than playing Phoenix either. Jokic is the probable MVP and they are 12-3 even without Murray.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 1:15 pm    Post subject:

compare our rosters and then tell me again why we dont want the clippers? If we get right this last week there isnt a team in the league that can get more than 1 game off of us.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 1:17 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
kwase wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
kwase wrote:
activeverb wrote:
kwase wrote:

You're just projecting your own fears into Lebron. You don't want the Clippers in the first rd, that must mean Lebron doesn't want them either. LOL!

I don't want the Clippers in the first rd either, but I have no clue what's going on in Lebron's head. You seem to have all that figured out.

Common sense would tell you that we don't want the clips in the 1st round. I have yet to hear anybody on this site say they want that, so why is it so far-fetched to assume lebron doesn't either. We had a legit shot at getting the 5 seed, which would have been our best bet, but he came back and we lost 2 in a row, so it's either 6 or 7. Most people would agree that 7 is better. If anybody can make a case otherwise, I'd love to hear it.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 1:24 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
compare our rosters and then tell me again why we dont want the clippers? If we get right this last week there isnt a team in the league that can get more than 1 game off of us.

Ok Halflife, you're the first person I heard say they feel confident about playing the clips. Personally, I don't think it's going to be easy either way because the we'd have to first beat the Warriors and the way Steph is playing right now that won't be easy. The good part about going in at the 7 seed is that you get two games and all you have to do is win one. I think that's extremely doable. Playing the clips in the first round after they embarrassed themselves last year isn't going to be easy. But I will say that it would be great for the city of L.A. because you know everybody is going to be watching that.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 1:30 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
Halflife wrote:

Ok Halflife, you're the first person I heard say they feel confident about playing the clips. Personally, I don't think it's going to be easy either way because the we'd have to first beat the Warriors and the way Steph is playing right now that won't be easy. The good part about going in at the 7 seed is that you get two games and all you have to do is win one. I think that's extremely doable. Playing the clips in the first round after they embarrassed themselves last year isn't going to be easy. But I will say that it would be great for the city of L.A. because you know everybody is going to be watching that.

The only reason I don’t want to play the Clippers in the first round is just to get Lebron a bit of a ramp up and get some rhythm as a rotation.

I don’t like that they got Rondo, but I’m not scared of them this season. Last season I was, until I realized we would have waxed them if they got past Denver. They were barely hanging on despite being the deepest team in the league.

As for GS, any 1 game situation with Steph is not a good idea...but the Lakers are best equipped to keep him in check. He struggles with AC, Schroder, KCP and Vogel’s schemes.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 1:36 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
kwase wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
kwase wrote:
activeverb wrote:
kwase wrote:

Common sense would tell you that we don't want the clips in the 1st round. I have yet to hear anybody on this site say they want that, so why is it so far-fetched to assume lebron doesn't either. We had a legit shot at getting the 5 seed, which would have been our best bet, but he came back and we lost 2 in a row, so it's either 6 or 7. Most people would agree that 7 is better. If anybody can make a case otherwise, I'd love to hear it.

This is dizzying logic. We had a legit shot at 5th seed? We've been falling through ranks during their injuries. Lakers had a legit shot at the 5th seed, just as they had a legit shot of hanging on to top 3 seed. This has all been part of the free fall, and you're going to pin Lebron coming back tryna win some games to hang on to top 5 as tanking? The free fall without Lebron was not tanking, just the ones where he came back? I think Lebron could have sat out the rest of the regular season if he really wanted the 8th seed. Lakers were doing just fine falling down to the play in.
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 1:45 pm    Post subject:

We arent losing to the Warriors lol. Idc if Steph drops 19 3's. They have a G league squad.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 2:00 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
Halflife wrote:

I also think the Clippers would be an easy series. When this team is locked in, no one can challenge them.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 2:12 pm    Post subject:

Lots of assumptions in this thread. I'll make one too.

I'll assume James is going to be as "healthy" as he is ever going to be this playoffs in the first few weeks. Timing may off but the ankle is not going to get better under the duress of multiple games.

Wouldn't the best strategy be to see the toughest matchup when he was healthiest?
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 2:16 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
kwase wrote:
Halflife wrote:

I also think the Clippers would be an easy series. When this team is locked in, no one can challenge them.

Ok, I like your confidence. I think most people look at the fact that we played them 3 times this season and lost all 3. But hey, the playoffs are a different animal I guess.
Kava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 2:31 pm    Post subject:

On the flip side of this whole conversation, I think the Clippers want us in the 1st round. They need to be careful what they wish for. They looked too far ahead in last years playoffs and under-estimated the Nugs. If they think they have an advantage over us then so be it.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: