Flippers snatched the 4th spot from the Nuggets!! Avoided the Lakers!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 10:05 pm    Post subject: Flippers snatched the 4th spot from the Nuggets!! Avoided the Lakers!!

I think these 2 teams don't want to play the Lakers, in the 1st and the 2nd round. I think they will tank it to the 4th spot instead. That will be funny though. Seeing both teams trying to give up games

Last edited by leking006 on Sat May 15, 2021 12:46 am; edited 1 time in total
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 11:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Clippers and Nuggets will battle for 4th Place instead of 3rd!!!

leking006 wrote:
I think these 2 teams don't want to play the Lakers, in the 1st and the 2nd round. I think they will tank it to the 4th spot instead. That will be funny though. Seeing both teams trying to give up games

It’s going to be very interesting.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 11:47 pm    Post subject:

If I was the Clippers I wouldn't have minded facing the Lakers in the 1st round to try to catch them before they hit their stride. And before Lebron can get his legs under him. If you had to face them that would be the best time to catch them.

By the 2nd round I wouldn't want to face a Lakers team that beat a tough opponent and might be on a roll.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 12:10 am    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
If I was the Clippers I wouldn't have minded facing the Lakers in the 1st round to try to catch them before they hit their stride. And before Lebron can get his legs under him. If you had to face them that would be the best time to catch them.

By the 2nd round I wouldn't want to face a Lakers team that beat a tough opponent and might be on a roll.

Lakers will meet them likely in the 2nd round anyway.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 8:19 am    Post subject:

Imo the Clippers are looking at a future matchup with the Lakers anyway whether that’s 2nd round or WCF.

Their primary goal right now is to draw the Blazers imo. That’s a nightmare matchup for Portland. Dallas/Clippers is 6 or even 7 game series.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 8:23 am    Post subject:

FYI:
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Trudell@ LakersReporter

Saturday’s Lakers game at Indiana starts at 10 a.m. Pacific;
Sunday’s game at New Orleans is at 6 p.m., the same time that Dallas and Portland tip.
Seeding in the West for LAL could be decided by Saturday if Portland wins on Thursday (at PHX) or Dallas wins Friday (vs. TOR).
_#1_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 8:29 am    Post subject:

Odds say we land at 7 so this thread's premise is ??
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 8:35 am    Post subject:

Assuming LBJ is healthy, I think the Clippers main problem is psychological.
Other than Kawhi, (Is Serge even going to play again this season?) they are inexperienced or have the reputation of choking. This is the advantage that the Lakers have as the defending champions as well as a team riddled by injuries... if they lose, no one will think of them as chokers and so they can play more relaxed.

The Clippers who dominated the regular season series, do have this mental pressure. As a franchise, they are also carrying that weight. The Lakers themselves had this reputation of choking until they had the 33 game winning streak season and then later when Magic led them past Boston... but as the Red Sox and Cubs fans know, it's a hard burden to overcome.

The key is to win the first game and get into their heads. Obviously even if we fell behind 3-1... the idea of choking again would still be in their heads but you want them to lose their confidence and feel vulnerable. I hope we somehow miss them, but I think a match up is inevitable.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 9:51 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
FYI:
Quote:
Quote:

Sunday’s game at New Orleans is at 6 p.m., the same time that Dallas and Portland tip.
Seeding in the West for LAL could be decided by Saturday if Portland wins on Thursday (at PHX) or Dallas wins Friday (vs. TOR).

How the F did we draw THAT S as our final 2 games? Uuuh, Mer Fer... WTF, man? It's not a F'ing guarantee that we win at Indy even on an Eastern string and winning at F'ing Memphis will be difficult in Game 82. That S would even be true with F'ing Brawn and F'ing AD F'ing there and ready. F'ing Bull S.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 10:08 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
pio2u wrote:
FYI:
Quote:
Quote:

How the F did we draw THAT S as our final 2 games? Uuuh, Mer Fer... WTF, man? It's not a F'ing guarantee that we win at Indy even on an Eastern string and winning at F'ing Memphis will be difficult in Game 82. That S would even be true with F'ing Brawn and F'ing AD F'ing there and ready. F'ing Bull S.

Better to play them now instead of two weeks ago.
vcdplaya3002
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 10:43 am    Post subject:

By Saturday morning we will know if the last two games are even relevant, as the Blazers AT Suns and Raptors [ at ] mavs games will tell the story. The most likely scenario is Blazers lose tonight to the Suns, and Mavs beat the Raptors on friday night. If this scenario plays out then the Suns likely clinch the #2, clippers clinch the #3, and nuggets can concede the final game @blazers to lock in their #4 position and avoid the lakers who would catch up to #6.

1. Jazz
2. Suns
3. Clippers
4. Nuggets
5. Mavs
6. Blazers
7. Lakers
8. Warriors
nevitt_smrek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 7:25 pm    Post subject:

The matchup and bracket is more important than the seed number, though most teams will never admit it.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 8:19 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
pio2u wrote:
FYI:
Quote:
Quote:

Better to play them now instead of two weeks ago.

True. You always bring me off the ledge, Dr. Laker. Thx, man.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 12:40 am    Post subject:

LMFAO, this aged well, those two loser teams trying their hard to avoid the Lakers. they are tied at 4th now. Can't afford for them to win. Too bad for the Nuggets they have the tiebreaker. Freaking flippers tanked.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 12:52 am    Post subject:

If the Nuggets finish 3rd, we REALLY need to get the 6th seed. If we're healthy and starting to get our groove back, we may be able to beat a Jamal Murray-less Nuggets team in 5. That would also serve as a tune-up for the great teams we'd have to beat afterward.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 1:25 am    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
If the Nuggets finish 3rd, we REALLY need to get the 6th seed. If we're healthy and starting to get our groove back, we may be able to beat a Jamal Murray-less Nuggets team in 5. That would also serve as a tune-up for the great teams we'd have to beat afterward.

So you think Nuggets will beat the Blazers to meet the Lakers in the 1st round?
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 2:03 am    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
slavavov wrote:

If I were Denver I would try to win. The best chance of beating us is by doing it in the first round. And that would also grant them HCA if they beat us and play against the Clippers in the WCF.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 2:21 am    Post subject:

SPO200 wrote:
leking006 wrote:
slavavov wrote:

If I were Denver I would try to win. The best chance of beating us is by doing it in the first round. And that would also grant them HCA if they beat us and play against the Clippers in the WCF.

WOW. Surely the flippers didnt think of that. 1st round exit is still demoralizing af.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 4:20 am    Post subject:

Clippers shouldn’t be afraid of anybody except Jamal Murray. And he’s out so they’re set. If they don’t win the West this year they should just extinguish themselves as a franchise.

Utah/Phx top 2 seeds. Ailing Lakers. Terrible Warrior team. No Murray and Portland LOL. If you can’t do it this year just go to Seattle.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 4:22 am    Post subject:

SPO200 wrote:
leking006 wrote:
slavavov wrote:

Denver is not a good team though. They don’t have Murray. They’ve been doing this mile high (bleep) forever. Dating back to the Melo/Billups days and are a first round exit in the West as of now. It took a miraculous bubble playoff run by Jamal Murray (almost historic) and a cosmic size Doc River/Clipper choke for them to get to the WCF. They are and always will be a joke of a contender. Lightning ain’t striking twice.
vcdplaya3002
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 6:19 am    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
SPO200 wrote:
leking006 wrote:
slavavov wrote:

Denver is not a good team though. They don’t have Murray. They’ve been doing this mile high (bleep) forever. Dating back to the Melo/Billups days and are a first round exit in the West as of now. It took a miraculous bubble playoff run by Jamal Murray (almost historic) and a cosmic size Doc River/Clipper choke for them to get to the WCF. They are and always will be a joke of a contender. Lightning ain’t striking twice.

Denver knows they aren't a contender and winning a first round series and Jokic geting the MVP is considered a "Win" for them. They will gladly lose the final game and play the Blazers as 3/6 matchup, as I really think the clippers will toss the Thunder game with their full Scrubb lineup.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 8:58 am    Post subject:

Clippers are playing the odds of seeing only 1 of Nuggets (Denver has their number) or Lakers.

It’s still funny though how the Clippers blog boys are trying to justify it as a non-tank lol.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 9:36 am    Post subject:

Yeah I mentioned in another thread that they literally started a Scrubb to tank that game yesterday.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 9:43 am    Post subject:

The biggest threat to a Lakers repeat is playing the Clippers in the first round before the Lakers could have more time to gel. So with that being said, it would be in the Clippers' best interest to face the Lakers in the first round because the road to the championship goes thru the Lakers. If the Clippers don't face the Lakers in the first round, they're gonna have to face each other sometimes later anyways and the Lakers would be at their most vulnerable in the first round.
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 10:24 am    Post subject:

Is this confirmed or depends on remaining games?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: