Playoff Discussion (potential Laker opponents)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 218, 219, 220 ... 433, 434, 435  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:06 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:
i hope booker gets a ring this year.

Yep. If he gets one CP3 will also. That will really upset CP3 haters.

true, I just want the guy Kobe mentored and mirrored his game after Kobe to get it. I love tatum but we know what that would mean.

We don't have to worry about him this season but Boston is on the come-up. Brad Stevens is already making major moves. He sent Kemba Walker to the Oklahoma City Thunder for a package that includes Al Horford, Moses Brown and a 2023 second-round pick.

What has Rob done? Seems he's gambling on Bron and AD to heal and take us to the promise land. I'm losing faith in Frank Vogel and Rob Pelinka.

What has rob done? Championship, hired outstanding coach, brought in new, younger players which made us better on paper. at least thats what all of the pundits and fans said.

When we needed a big he got us a guy for cheap in buyout market.

So far we are the only team to beat the suns and i think its clear at 70% we probably beat them.

Got rid of dwight who was tragic this postseason.
Got rid of green who was unavailable.
Got rid of mcGee who...come on. Its javelle.
Got rid of Rondo who really hasnt seen the floor.

Dennis alone during this injury riddled year kept us in playoff contention.

That's oh so last year. What has he done since? He has to make improvements. What is he doing NOW!!!

lets see.

I'm waiting. His GM acumen is going to be tested. The West has improved, we have to keep pace. AD and Bron need help. Rob has to get it.

what can you do now? We literally are still holding the belt.

We can get some shooters, improve our defense, which isn't that bad when it's on. Improve our rotations, make better adjustments, the list is long.

so make moves before we even know whos available? We dont know that hes not. what we do know is that Rob works in the shadows.

However as i always say
pelinka> any internet fan thinking they know what they are doing.

I'm not claiming to know what I'm doing. Your thinking is being disingenuous.

As a fan I'm not offering solutions, I'm posting opinions on things I think need improvement. They're just a fan's opinions.

Do you think we have enough shooters, our rotations are solid, our adjustments are A-1? Do you ever have opinions?

Ya I hope the Suns win too, I like Booker.
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:10 pm    Post subject:

Years ago I started a thread saying Booker was better than DLo.... I was lambasted.

Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:14 pm    Post subject:

Sign and Trade DS and Kuzma for Ben Simmons. AD and BS will shut down the league defensively. Get two sharpshooters.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:17 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:
i hope booker gets a ring this year.

Yep. If he gets one CP3 will also. That will really upset CP3 haters.

true, I just want the guy Kobe mentored and mirrored his game after Kobe to get it. I love tatum but we know what that would mean.

We don't have to worry about him this season but Boston is on the come-up. Brad Stevens is already making major moves. He sent Kemba Walker to the Oklahoma City Thunder for a package that includes Al Horford, Moses Brown and a 2023 second-round pick.

What has Rob done? Seems he's gambling on Bron and AD to heal and take us to the promise land. I'm losing faith in Frank Vogel and Rob Pelinka.

What has rob done? Championship, hired outstanding coach, brought in new, younger players which made us better on paper. at least thats what all of the pundits and fans said.

When we needed a big he got us a guy for cheap in buyout market.

So far we are the only team to beat the suns and i think its clear at 70% we probably beat them.

Got rid of dwight who was tragic this postseason.
Got rid of green who was unavailable.
Got rid of mcGee who...come on. Its javelle.
Got rid of Rondo who really hasnt seen the floor.

Dennis alone during this injury riddled year kept us in playoff contention.

That's oh so last year. What has he done since? He has to make improvements. What is he doing NOW!!!

lets see.

I'm waiting. His GM acumen is going to be tested. The West has improved, we have to keep pace. AD and Bron need help. Rob has to get it.

what can you do now? We literally are still holding the belt.

We can get some shooters, improve our defense, which isn't that bad when it's on. Improve our rotations, make better adjustments, the list is long.

so make moves before we even know whos available? We dont know that hes not. what we do know is that Rob works in the shadows.

However as i always say
pelinka> any internet fan thinking they know what they are doing.

I'm not claiming to know what I'm doing. Your thinking is being disingenuous.

As a fan I'm not offering solutions, I'm posting opinions on things I think need improvement. They're just a fan's opinions.

Do you think we have enough shooters, our rotations are solid, our adjustments are A-1? Do you ever have opinions?

i dont think you are offering solutions. you are stating the obvious. Of course i respect your opinions. Thats all any of us have.

my contention is that you dont seem to give rob credit for what he has done, and you seem like he should publicize what he is doing just to pacify us.

IMHO, with the draft show tomorrow, some teams still playing etc. who knows what hes thinking. I just have faith in a guy who won a ring, and seemingly rebuilt that team with better players. Injuries killed us but at least it made crystal clear we need shooters.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:26 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:

Sign and Trade DS and Kuzma for Ben Simmons. AD and BS will shut down the league defensively. Get two sharpshooters.

I take those as suggestions, opinions. Watch out, you'll be accused of knowing what you're doing.

Ben is a gamble. I think he has an upside. Maybe a change of scenery will make him work on his game. I don't know whether he does or not.

I like Kuz. When he accepts his role, he balls. I think he wants to be a starter. When he doesn't start he just doesn't seem to put his heart into it.

I don't know what happened to DS. After the injury, he just didn't seem to have it.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:27 pm    Post subject:

https://www.theringer.com/2021/6/21/22543167/ben-simmons-joel-embiid-philadelphia-76ers

Quote:
Here’s the truth: Simmons is a reliable jumper away from being a modern Scottie Pippen. Maybe even Magic Johnson if he also becomes more confident. That’s what’s at stake. Maybe switching hands won’t work, but there’s no downside to trying. He could not be any worse than he already is as a lefty.

Another example of how the media sets up players to fail. The Ringer is a reputable site, but this take is as bad as SAS saying "Lebron w/out a jumpshot.

Pippen lead the Bulls to 55 wins w/out Jordan and was one shot away from reaching the conference finals. He was a behemoth from an athletic standpoint. Magic Johnson lead the Lakers to a title at age 20 without Kareem.

They just can't let Simmons be Simmons. He's a special player in his own right and a perennial DPOY candidate. In the right situation and with the right development staff, he could be really good but as good as Magic? These guys are smoking something special.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:33 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:

whats the most important thing that we need ? thats where we need to start. ben would be awesome but our resources need to go to our biggest needs.
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:43 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:

How does that work financially?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:54 pm    Post subject:

I eliminated the quote tree. It's getting to long, taking up too much page space.

Halflife wrote:

Quote:
i dont think you are offering solutions. you are stating the obvious.

of course i respect your opinions. Thats all any of us have.

Perish that thought. I'm offering opinions. How you interpret them I have no control over. On the second we agree.

my contention is that you dont seem to give rob credit for what he has done, and you seem like he should publicize what he is doing just to pacify us.

You have that wrong. I gave him and Frank their props. I thought DS was a great get.

IMHO, with the draft show tomorrow, some teams still playing etc. who knows what hes thinking. I just have faith in a guy who won a ring, and seemingly rebuilt that team with better players. Injuries killed us but at least it made crystal clear we need shooters.

I agree on not knowing what he's thinking. He doesn't have to publicize anything. I was referencing what Brad did so quickly with the Celtics. I think he's relying too much on AD and Bron being healthy. If he drafts well I'll relent.

As far as him rebuilding the team I don't think Magic gets enough credit. Listen to Pippin and Perkins.
LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:59 pm    Post subject:

Black20Ice wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

Why does Philly do that?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:01 pm    Post subject:

Rank from best to worst: Simmons, Randle, prime Draymond Green, prime Lamar Odom.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:02 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Rank from best to worst: Simmons, Randle, prime Draymond Green, prime Lamar Odom.

Prime Draymond
Simmons
Prime Lamar
Randle
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:05 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Imagine being a former #1 overall pick yet lacking a basic skill that even undrafted NCAA players have.

He's also a better passer than 99% of the players in the NBA and one of the most versatile elite defenders around.

His egregious lack of shooting makes him a tough fit on a lot of teams (like the Lakers), but the dude is still really talented and can flourish on the right roster (like Minnesota).

Imagine being a 76ers fan and seeing somebody like AI literally kill himself trying to score against the 2 headed monster of Shaq and Kobe in the Finals and then watching Ben Simmons who avoided a layup because he is scared of taking contact because he might have to shoot free throws. I can understand the reaction of their fanbase.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:06 pm    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Prime Draymond
Simmons
Prime Lamar
Randle

LO

simmons

Randle

draymond
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:14 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

Lamar
Draymond
Ben/Julius
Julius/Ben Toss up

MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:15 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

Randle
Odom
Draymond
Simmons

as it stands right now.

Worst thing is, Lamar could have been the best of them all, but he lacked the aggression. But really found himself as a 6th man. I once said that Simmons was becoming more Odom than LeBron. But after that game 7 that would be an insult to Odom.
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:25 pm    Post subject:

Philadelphia 76ers have plan to address Ben Simmons' shooting woes, Doc Rivers says

Quote:
But not 24 hours after his team's season was over, 76ers coach Doc Rivers said Monday that he believes this summer will be different for Simmons. Why? Because, according to Rivers, not only is Simmons willing to do the work but the Sixers have a plan to address his shooting woes that will involve doing "the right work" and doing it "the right way."

"I believe, without going into detail with what we're doing, I believe we know what the right work is, and the right type of work, and the right way to do it," Rivers said when asked why this offseason will be different as far as Simmons' shooting goes.

"You can do the work all the time. But if it's not done in the right way and the right type of work, you may not improve. After being here for a year, I really do believe we've identified what and how, and now we have to do the do part. We have to work to do it. It's not going to be an easy job. But it's definitely a job that Ben can do."

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/31681488/philadelphia-76ers-plan-address-ben-simmons-shooting-woes-doc-rivers-says
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:26 pm    Post subject:

I have a hard time seeing a team giving up a lot of assets for Simmons when he's at his low and getting paid an average of $35 million a year. Philly is stuck with him for the time being.
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:27 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

I’m not taking Randle or Simmons over two proven core pieces to championship teams.
j-dawg
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:28 pm    Post subject:

Unfortunately, when it comes to accolades, I don’t think you can compare Simmons to LO. Simmons has been an All Star in three of the last 4 years and LO has never made the team (although should’ve made it at least a couple of times, especially when guys like Antawn Walker did). Simmons has also been All NBA and All NBA Defense as well. I know it’s popular to bash Ben Simmons right now, but he’s not a bad player, just a flawed one and on a team that needs him to do more thanks than he can do.

As for LO, he’s always been versatile and ahead of his time. He showed us in the Olympics that he was a good small ball center, and his game would be appreciated about 1 or 2 notches higher if he had played came to the NBA today as opposed to 20 years ago

Even if LO is Steph Curry compared to Simmons shooting the ball, Simmons does a lot on the court as well, and his accolades show that.
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:33 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

1. Prime Draymond

2. Simmons/Randle

3. Prime Lamar

Lamar was at his best as a 3rd option/6th man. He shrinks the moment you gave him the spotlight, which is why he failed to be kobe's robin and never got anymore accolades beyond 6th man of the year.

Randle just made 2nd All-Nba team. He needs to be shown more respect.

Simmons should be higher but not after last night, which was a reflection of all his faults since his rookie year.

Prime Draymond is the only proven among these 4.
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:00 pm    Post subject:

j-dawg wrote:
Unfortunately, when it comes to accolades, I don’t think you can compare Simmons to LO. Simmons has been an All Star in three of the last 4 years and LO has never made the team (although should’ve made it at least a couple of times, especially when guys like Antawn Walker did). Simmons has also been All NBA and All NBA Defense as well. I know it’s popular to bash Ben Simmons right now, but he’s not a bad player, just a flawed one and on a team that needs him to do more thanks than he can do.

As for LO, he’s always been versatile and ahead of his time. He showed us in the Olympics that he was a good small ball center, and his game would be appreciated about 1 or 2 notches higher if he had played came to the NBA today as opposed to 20 years ago

Even if LO is Steph Curry compared to Simmons shooting the ball, Simmons does a lot on the court as well, and his accolades show that.

I agree with your analysis. I was trying to explain to a friend of mine that Simmons w/o a jumper is a B+/A- as a player. That shows you just how good his skillset is already.

If Jason Kidd can turn himself into a 3 pt shooter, I don't see why Simmons can't at least add a 15 footer.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:03 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Black20Ice wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

Why does Philly do that?

I dunno. LOL! If there was a time for other NBA teams to lowball, this is it. And might end up not even being lowballing if this is just who he is. He's not a darling in Philly right now. Portand and CJ makes sense too. Embiid need a second guy who can get his own shot.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:10 pm    Post subject:

Shocking news: Kawhi has been ruled out of Game 2
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:14 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Shocking news: Kawhi has been ruled out of Game 2

It's been almost a week now and still confirmation on Kawhi's injury - ACL tear or sprain? Clippers trying to slow play this?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 218, 219, 220 ... 433, 434, 435  Next
Page 219 of 435
Jump to: