LAKERS -at- SUNS - 5/23 - Thoughts and :-(( Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 11:36 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Thanks, DB!

I missed the game and hoped that we would come out sharp . . . oh well.

Hopefully, Vogel will show (again) that he is a master of adjustments.

+1 I'm anxious to see the starting lineup for game 2. If Frank starts the same lineup his adjustments are key. No matter what adjustments he makes the ball is in the player's court, they have to execute.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Tue May 25, 2021 6:48 am; edited 1 time in total
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 3:08 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

Ultimately this could be solved by AD hitting his jump shots which he has not all season on a consistent basis. His 3 ball and outside jumpers have been off.

That would help, but I think having the traditional Cs we have also impact LeBron/Schroder. Simple swap of Gasol in the mix and suddenly there's not another body standing under the rim waiting.

Quote:

Defensively we need to be a little more aggressive in defending Booker. Even if it means leaving the others open, including CP3.

The Suns are a legit tough test. This is like the WCF in the 1st round.

Yeah, there's a couple of things. That initial D with our less mobile bigs needs to be aggressive and quick to force the ball out of his hands. We need the mobility behind that initial D to probably rotate a little early so we can chase guys off the three line and get them doing things they aren't as good at. But I also would like some more switching with our mobile bigs to create more Suns iso ball.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 10:01 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
Quote:
Gasol is not a rim protecter, though he is a good defender
True. I don't mind Andre starting. I think Mark should get some burn. IMO Vogel should find a way to play Drummond, Gasol. and Harrell. I don't think he's getting the most of what he has.

Maybe he's searching for a playoff 8. I don't know. I'm just not a Vogel supporter.

Hell, what do I know about professional basketball coaching, I'm a retired real estate salesman.

I, as do many fans, have an opinion. I think we need a new coach. I hope he does something to proove me wrong. If Vogel succeeds we succeed.
Hey, everybody from a retired real estate salesman to a musician (myself) are fans that are passionate about our Lakers

Vogel has (so far) displayed more of what we need from a HC than TLue and Doc (despite their resume while noting their record in LA).

Gasol will get some burn, but Vogel can't do everything in the first game of a seven game series.

Drummond hasn't imposed his will on the game probably because he knows that he is far down the pecking order of importance. Since he is a hybrid of Dwight/Javale with more talent and younger, hopefully he understands that his first priority is defense and getting rebounds. On offense, he can't stay in the paint if he is not an offensive (passing/scoring/screening) threat that is constantly moving.

With Ayton being a young buck that loves to run, Gasol cannot stay up with him and his value is imposing his will on offense while stifiling him on half-court sets (which the Lakers don't want to do until the end of games

Hey, all of us are fans!
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 10:08 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Ultimately this could be solved by AD hitting his jump shots which he has not all season on a consistent basis. His 3 ball and outside jumpers have been off.
That would help, but I think having the traditional Cs we have also impact LeBron/Schroder. Simple swap of Gasol in the mix and suddenly there's not another body standing under the rim waiting.
Quote:
Defensively we need to be a little more aggressive in defending Booker. Even if it means leaving the others open, including CP3.

The Suns are a legit tough test. This is like the WCF in the 1st round.
Yeah, there's a couple of things. That initial D with our less mobile bigs needs to be aggressive and quick to force the ball out of his hands. We need the mobility behind that initial D to probably rotate a little early so we can chase guys off the three line and get them doing things they aren't as good at. But I also would like some more switching with our mobile bigs to create more Suns iso ball.
If Drummond was position at the post and went to the Rebounder Position/low post when AD shoots or AD-AD2 did some High-Low posts, that might provide more space. Lack of movement prompts stagnant offensive sets where everybody is looking at AD or LBJ is not good basketball

Vogel appears to bring a double upon the catch when dealing with Booker. Seemingly they might try denial but is Schoeder or KCP up to the task. Placing Matthews (as oppose to Kuz) might be one way to go. Since Booker and CP3 can relax on defense because KCP is usually not a legitimate offensive threat and Schoeder is not aggressive enough, this might prompt more PT for TNT and maybe McLemore
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 6:09 am    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
Im not worried about AD - he will adjust but what heck is wrong with lbj - he’s a shell of himself

That injury might have ruined our chances.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 7:40 am    Post subject:

A Mad Chinaman wrote:
jodeke wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
Quote:
True. I don't mind Andre starting. I think Mark should get some burn. IMO Vogel should find a way to play Drummond, Gasol. and Harrell. I don't think he's getting the most of what he has.

Maybe he's searching for a playoff 8. I don't know. I'm just not a Vogel supporter.

Hell, what do I know about professional basketball coaching, I'm a retired real estate salesman.

I, as do many fans, have an opinion. I think we need a new coach. I hope he does something to proove me wrong. If Vogel succeeds we succeed.
Hey, everybody from a retired real estate salesman to a musician (myself) are fans that are passionate about our Lakers

Vogel has (so far) displayed more of what we need from a HC than TLue and Doc (despite their resume while noting their record in LA).

Gasol will get some burn, but Vogel can't do everything in the first game of a seven game series.

Drummond hasn't imposed his will on the game probably because he knows that he is far down the pecking order of importance. Since he is a hybrid of Dwight/Javale with more talent and younger, hopefully he understands that his first priority is defense and getting rebounds. On offense, he can't stay in the paint if he is not an offensive (passing/scoring/screening) threat that is constantly moving.

With Ayton being a young buck that loves to run, Gasol cannot stay up with him and his value is imposing his will on offense while stifiling him on half-court sets (which the Lakers don't want to do until the end of games

Hey, all of us are fans!

Ty and Doc inherited the Curse of Sterling. The Sail Boat Boys have had an all star roster for 2 years and underachieved.

Steve Ballmer has spent more than our esteemed leader Dr Jerry Buss (Rest His Soul) who was deep pockets. It's like the Curse of the Bambino is on the Clippers.

If they don't win the Larry O'Brien this season I think Kawhi Leonard will ask to be traded. He's a Prima Donna.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 10:16 am    Post subject:

DB, I totally agree we need to get Devin Booker into isolation mode. I want the Lakers to force the ball out of CP3s hand, and get it to Book. Once Book is a shot creator, you now have to live with him going off, but others will not be as involved. And you can send late doubles on Book.

The way we have defended is what can get us past this team. No way we can magically create a team chemistry on offense within a playoff series.

We have to use our size and athleticism. We have it, we need to rebound, push the ball. Get a TO, push the ball. What we are doing is playing at speed 6 on 10 in those situations. When we are urgent, we play 10 on 10 speed. That gets us so many more easier offense looks.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 9:07 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
jodeke wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
Quote:

Hey, all of us are fans!
Ty and Doc inherited the Curse of Sterling. The Sail Boat Boys have had an all star roster for 2 years and underachieved.

Steve Ballmer has spent more than our esteemed leader Dr Jerry Buss (Rest His Soul) who was deep pockets. It's like the Curse of the Bambino is on the Clippers.

If they don't win the Larry O'Brien this season I think Kawhi Leonard will ask to be traded. He's a Prima Donna.
Chicago Cubs/Boston Red Sox broke the curse

Clippers have had Ty/Doc, Ballmer's unlimited financial resources and the wisdom of Jerry West (who broke a curse, himself) - yet still having problems
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: