LakersGround.net 20th anniversary celebration and memories thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 2:21 am    Post subject: LakersGround.net 20th anniversary celebration and memories thread

20 years of greatness

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM

Last edited by C M B on Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Gwyn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 2:34 am    Post subject:

Wow. It's been that long!

God bless Kobe Bean Bryant and Gianna Maria Onore Bryant.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 5:49 am    Post subject:

Glad to be part of LG for 9 years (and counting)
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 5:51 am    Post subject:

20 years, the rise and fall of JD, the banishment of Sky, the inside info of Lionel the Laker, the draft day rumor of Emplay, LG has had a special place in our hearts. Happy anniversary

Last edited by JUST-MING on Tue May 25, 2021 5:51 am; edited 1 time in total
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 5:51 am    Post subject:

greatest Lakers forum, bar none (even with all the negative nancy posts)
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 9:19 am    Post subject:

whatever happened to pnp
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 9:30 am    Post subject:

Yep. We've all gone through a lot of life together. World kind of changed a bit 4 days after my join date.

I also had a baby boy who is now turning 20 this year and my daughter is learning to drive now.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 9:40 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
20 years, the rise and fall of JD, the banishment of Sky, the inside info of Lionel the Laker, the draft day rumor of Emplay, LG has had a special place in our hearts. Happy anniversary

Could you please elaborate for those of use that are very curious but dont know what you are talking about?
_#1_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 9:44 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Yep. We've all gone through a lot of life together. World kind of changed a bit 4 days after my join date.

I also had a baby boy who is now turning 20 this year and my daughter is learning to drive now.

Jason--->DB----->DB Jr?
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 9:47 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:

I joined LG when I was in junior high and now I have a Master’s degree and am halfway to a PhD. As of next month, I’ll have been on LG for exactly half of my life.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 10:03 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:

I joined LG when I was in junior high and now I have a Master’s degree and am halfway to a PhD. As of next month, I’ll have been on LG for exactly half of my life.

I was 29 when I joined LG (hence the # in my name). I turned 46 yesterday.

All you youngsters on here...it goes fast. Make the most of your life.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 10:06 am    Post subject:

long live LG
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 10:22 am    Post subject:

Been browsing LG since '04. Very disappointed for joining so late. Better late than never?
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 10:25 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
whatever happened to pnp

He turned into a unicorn and flew to heaven
Osama YoMama
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 10:30 am    Post subject:

Such a trip! Been here since 2002. Complete with a username that 14 year old me thought was hilarious.

GSW 135
LAL 95

Result:

LAL 123
GSW 119

Last edited by Osama YoMama on Tue May 25, 2021 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 10:31 am    Post subject:

My wife is deeply jealous of LG - she's right for once.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 10:36 am    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:
My wife is deeply jealous of LG - she's right for once.

“I wish you would laugh at some of my jokes like that”. Anyone else get that one before?
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 10:42 am    Post subject:

There is no better group of degenerate Lakers fans in the world. Happy to be a part of it.
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 11:20 am    Post subject:

Best forum on the internet. Good set of posters, all with a common love for the Lakers.

Glad it's still around, and still owned/moderated with similar guiding principles to when it started. Just a buncha internet friends talking about their passion with limited noise and other BS that you often see in other forums.

Thanks to DB for keeping it going, and to Jason for having ever started it. Can't believe I still lurk and post so many years later but it's because this community is so great.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 11:50 am    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

Could you please elaborate for those of use that are very curious but dont know what you are talking about?

JD was a polarizing mod (he had a very distinct style), Sky was an excellent poster (tho I don't know if he was actually banished or if he merely stopped posting - MING, what info do you have on that one?), Lionel was a purported Laker insider who turned out to be LiEnel instead, emplay rumor involved the Lakers getting Jonathan Bender and the Pacers' pick iirc (it was just a trade rumor that didn't unfold, basically. In Emplay's defense, rumors like that falling thru are not unheard of; see Haley saying Boozer was a done deal in 05 and it fell thru; a rumor can even be true for awhile and then it falls thru).

There was also the controversy of "This post was deleted by JUST-MING". That one lasted a few years. People wondered if there was an alternate universe that MING's posts were going to. Please explain this one, MING. You must know where all those posts are today.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 12:16 pm    Post subject:

Lol i was PAing on the early stages of the movie Avatar when i first found this site out of boredom between errands. When Shoes was going after ever LO hater on here. When everyone was arguing whether Bynum should be added in a KG trade (lmao). Thats how gd long I’ve been here.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 12:25 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Lol i was PAing on the early stages of the movie Avatar when i first found this site out of boredom between errands. When Shoes was going after ever LO hater on here. When everyone was arguing whether Bynum should be added in a KG trade (lmao). Thats how gd long I’ve been here.

Avatar (the James Cameron movie) took FOUR years to make?...

pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 12:31 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Avatar (the James Cameron movie) took FOUR years to make?...

Production-wise yes, not including however long it took for Cameron to write. Script was done by then. Funny thing is my first day on the job, i had to go to Kinkos and make like 30 copies of the script for everyone. “Guard this with your life” my boss told me, because if ended up on the Internet, my industry career would end right then and there. Drove all the way back to set and distributed copies before realizing i was missing one... the one i left in the copier. Scariest 15 minutes of my young life driving back to that kinkos hoping it was still there. (It was).
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 12:36 pm    Post subject:

i started over at Clublakers, then found LG, glad i did. this has been and will always be my most visited site while at work
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 12:37 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

JD was a polarizing mod (he had a very distinct style), Sky was an excellent poster (tho I don't know if he was actually banished or if he merely stopped posting - MING, what info do you have on that one?), Lionel was a purported Laker insider who turned out to be LiEnel instead, emplay rumor involved the Lakers getting Jonathan Bender and the Pacers' pick iirc (it was just a trade rumor that didn't unfold, basically. In Emplay's defense, rumors like that falling thru are not unheard of; see Haley saying Boozer was a done deal in 05 and it fell thru; a rumor can even be true for awhile and then it falls thru).

There was also the controversy of "This post was deleted by JUST-MING". That one lasted a few years. People wondered if there was an alternate universe that MING's posts were going to. Please explain this one, MING. You must know where all those posts are today.

Don't remember my original username, but been here since day one. IIRC, there was a precursor to LG.

JD - my favorite moderator, but he got stuck in ban mode (knocked off like 10 people in one day), created an uproar and left for another Lakers site.

Sky - Was the Lakers columnist on BskBALL.com before emplay and was extremely insightful. He stopped posting for whatever reason, but purportedly there was (is?) a private area of the site for mods & insiders where he would still check in (I was neither a mod nor an insider and cannot verify it).

Lionel the Laker - the ultimate fraud. Claimed to be an insider and was wrong on pretty much every single thing.

emplay - the rumor mill was hot 'n' heavy back then - the Lakers were supposedly trading for Jonathan Bender in 2004 or 05. IIRC, the Lakers were going to get Bender AND the #18 pick in the draft for trash. It was reported on seemingly for weeks . . . but never happened

JUST-MING - would post stuff and immediately delete the comments, but not the post itself. You'd literally see a page with 10 posts saying "comment deleted" by J-M. Some thought it was post-padding and all thought it was . . . weird.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8
Jump to: