*** Phoenix Suns vs. Los Angeles Lakers (05/27/21 @ 7:00PM PDT), Series Tied 1-1, Playoff Gm #3***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 50, 51, 52  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 6:22 pm    Post subject:

Al13 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Any word on allowed attendance at Staples for the game? Restrictions getting adjusted?

Looking like many arenas are getting close to max again. Mavs stating they will be at 16k for their next game. Compared to last night the clips game had a reported 6880. Just a little over a third of capacity.

Laker fans can rejoice with a playoff game and make some noise but it will not be the loud raucous event without the extra 10k of fans.

I don’t think it will be much different than the clippers attendance number. I think if the lakers keep going, they will get back more and more fans after June 15th

What does this mean in numbers ?

Staples has been at 33% which is just around 6,500. I attended several games at the end of the regular season and it was very nice and felt very safe but it definitely did not feel like it does when it’s a full house by any stretch. I have not read anything where they’ve increased the attendance yet. So don’t know on that part.
Jenn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 7:29 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Al13 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Any word on allowed attendance at Staples for the game? Restrictions getting adjusted?

Looking like many arenas are getting close to max again. Mavs stating they will be at 16k for their next game. Compared to last night the clips game had a reported 6880. Just a little over a third of capacity.

Laker fans can rejoice with a playoff game and make some noise but it will not be the loud raucous event without the extra 10k of fans.

I don’t think it will be much different than the clippers attendance number. I think if the lakers keep going, they will get back more and more fans after June 15th

What does this mean in numbers ?

Staples has been at 33% which is just around 6,500. I attended several games at the end of the regular season and it was very nice and felt very safe but it definitely did not feel like it does when it’s a full house by any stretch. I have not read anything where they’ve increased the attendance yet. So don’t know on that part.

It's probably about the state restrictions that to the best of my knowledge, don't change until 6/15.
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 7:36 pm    Post subject:

Game 2: take home court advantage, even up the series
Game 3 : restore order, hold serve
Game 4: send a message , take their heart.
Game 5:death knell, sap their will, end the series
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 8:09 pm    Post subject:

I hope there are fans
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 11:03 pm    Post subject:

I wonder what McLemore could do in 7-10 min on the floor. Give him chance and 4-5 threes to try if he can make some. Also good solution to open the paint for AD a little bit. As of now I would rather use him than THT.
coldzim
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 11:21 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
I hope there are fans

Quote:
@jovanbuha

The Lakers say they are expecting around 7,500 fans tomorrow at Staples Center for Game 3 against the Suns.

BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 5:02 am    Post subject:

What do people think about starting Gasol (even if for limited minutes)? Ayton has been feasting on Drummond and AD in the paint. If Marc starts, he can box out Ayton, make him defend to the 3pt line (taking him out of the paint), and Marc can also body him and exact a toll from the start of the game. Marc is a great passer, so packing the paint to try to force turnovers won't work on him.

Later, Drummond can come back in (fresh) and just relentlessly crash the boards and feast on put-backs, lobs, etc. Who are they going to use on Drummond at that point? Saric? When Ayton is sufficiently worn down, close the game with AD at the 5.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 11:23 am    Post subject:

So I had an Ike's sandwich and Lakers won on Tuesday, therefore will have another today....
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 11:38 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
What do people think about starting Gasol (even if for limited minutes)? Ayton has been feasting on Drummond and AD in the paint. If Marc starts, he can box out Ayton, make him defend to the 3pt line (taking him out of the paint), and Marc can also body him and exact a toll from the start of the game. Marc is a great passer, so packing the paint to try to force turnovers won't work on him.

Later, Drummond can come back in (fresh) and just relentlessly crash the boards and feast on put-backs, lobs, etc. Who are they going to use on Drummond at that point? Saric? When Ayton is sufficiently worn down, close the game with AD at the 5.

I think you are overlooking the downsides.

Gasol will be beaten down the court repeatedly by Ayton. Even on made baskets. And Gasol would be a step slow with Gs driving to the basket when Paul, Payne or Booker get him on a switch.

Like Gasol just think his lack of mobility becomes an issue against athletic quick teams. Last thing the Lakers want is to go down double digits in the first quarter by giving up easy baskets and committing fouls.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 11:57 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:

Gasol will be beaten down the court repeatedly by Ayton. Even on made baskets. And Gasol would be a step slow with Gs driving to the basket when Paul, Payne or Booker get him on a switch.

Like Gasol just think his lack of mobility becomes an issue against athletic quick teams. Last thing the Lakers want is to go down double digits in the first quarter by giving up easy baskets and committing fouls.

Ayton has repeatedly shown this year, from preason on, that he can make the Lakers pay by putting Gasol on him. With Dre Lakers can at least try to soften up Ayton a bit - albeit, that did not happen last game.

Only "real" answer is AD at the 5 - but Vog has been using that selectively so far in this series.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 12:08 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
REPORT: Chris Paul WILL play tonight, via @Gambo987
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 12:11 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

Not much difference he can make with that bum shoulder
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 12:30 pm    Post subject:

Getting anxious again. Although, my gut says Lakers take today's game.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 12:35 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

Ayton has repeatedly shown this year, from preason on, that he can make the Lakers pay by putting Gasol on him. With Dre Lakers can at least try to soften up Ayton a bit - albeit, that did not happen last game.

Only "real" answer is AD at the 5 - but Vog has been using that selectively so far in this series.

Fair enough, but Drummond hasn't exactly been playing lockdown defense on anyone. He may run down the court, but he looks absolutely clueless on defense in PnR and in the paint (outside of rebounding). Ayton may be too big for AD to play the 5 all series matched up against him, but, yea, in the 4th that makes sense.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 12:39 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
DrDent wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

Fair enough, but Drummond hasn't exactly been playing lockdown defense on anyone. He may run down the court, but he looks absolutely clueless on defense in PnR and in the paint (outside of rebounding). Ayton may be too big for AD to play the 5 all series matched up against him, but, yea, in the 4th that makes sense.

I think the idea is - and I will try to keep an eye on this tonight - Dre can cause Ayton to commit fouls. Dre can bang into Ayton. Etc. Basically, if Dre and Ayton each get into foul trouble, Lakers win.

Now, I didnt keep track of that last game although I do recall Ayton being in foul trouble in the 4th (4 fouls at least).

Dre / Gasol combined last game also helped with "playing big" and minimizing Suns offensive boards.

But you are correct that Dre has his ups and downs. I've been more focused on watching AD and LBJ but will keep more of an eye on Dre tonight.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 12:42 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
DrDent wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

I think the idea is - and I will try to keep an eye on this tonight - Dre can cause Ayton to commit fouls. Dre can bang into Ayton. Etc. Basically, if Dre and Ayton each get into foul trouble, Lakers win.

Now, I didnt keep track of that last game although I do recall Ayton being in foul trouble in the 4th (4 fouls at least).

Dre / Gasol combined last game also helped with "playing big" and minimizing Suns offensive boards.

But you are correct that Dre has his ups and downs. I've been more focused on watching AD and LBJ but will keep more of an eye on Dre tonight.

That is true. If they get Ayton in foul trouble (while he's trying to keep Drummond off the boards), the Lakers can focus all their energy on Booker. Hope Drummond stays active tonight on both ends!
ihatetheceltics
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 2:48 pm    Post subject: Will Tonight’s Game Be Blacked Out On TNT?

Hi there! Does anyone know if the game is blacked out on TNT?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 2:53 pm    Post subject:

I’m assuming teams who go on to win Game 3 have a high percentage chance of winning the series so.. well it’s not really a must win it could be good to have that high momentum riding after the Game 3 win.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 3:14 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

Yeah he’s a non-factor. Even the few shots he made the last 2 games, you could see his form was completely off. And his ball handling has been a mess.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 3:41 pm    Post subject:

Ok, going to dance with my 5 y/o then pre-game, and once again, eat an Ike's before the game...you know, gotta keep up the supersticious tradition after a W!
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 3:45 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

They should hold him out. Next game is what, Sun?

I guess it depends what’s really wrong with him. I thought stingers only lasted for a few days, he looks like he has something worse going on.
Al13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 4:31 pm    Post subject:

apparently Monty Williams said CP3 is a FULL GO tonight
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 4:43 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

No folks were joking if it was gonna be Chris Paul or Cliff Paul to show up tonight LOL
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 4:49 pm    Post subject:

Al13 wrote:
apparently Monty Williams said CP3 is a FULL GO tonight

I admire the optimism.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 5:27 pm    Post subject:

Less than 40 minutes to tip off!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 50, 51, 52  Next
Page 2 of 52
Jump to: