*** Phoenix Suns vs. Los Angeles Lakers (05/30/21 @ 12:30PM PDT), Lakers up 2-1, Playoff Gm #4***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 40, 41, 42  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 57822
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is consider a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 2:29 pm    Post subject:

I don't know what happened to Kuz. He doesn't seem to have any confidence in his shot. He's been open at the 3 point line and passed. In the past, he would take the shot.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 17685

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 2:32 pm    Post subject:

Availability is a part of the game. AD is a brilliant player, but 1-10 he’s about a 2 or 3 in this area.

Every play is either something bothering him, going to the Locker room or playing through a full game but making sure everyone knows he is hurt.
_________________
My main focus is we win, nothing else matters.
-Rajon Rondo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Nov 2003
Posts: 1456

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 2:36 pm    Post subject:

If Anthony Davis does not come back in this series we lose the series our team is just dynamic too much around to type in players not to have one of them playing if Anthony Davis is back we will win but groin injuries are bad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 31271
Location: LA to the Bay

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 2:36 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Availability is a part of the game. AD is a brilliant player, but 1-10 he’s about a 2 or 3 in this area.

Every play is either something bothering him, going to the Locker room or playing through a full game but making sure everyone knows he is hurt.


I'd agree with this post if this were a case of one of his boo-boos where he acts like he got shot out of a cannon but then turns out to be fine 5 minutes later.

But he tried playing on an injury and got a worse seemingly injury as a result. I think the calls of "soft" are in his head but I also think he needs to really take time and learn to listen to his body more like LBJ (and Kobe, etc.). He doesn't seem to have any kind of a mind-body connection.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Theseus
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Dec 2007
Posts: 8976

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 2:37 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Availability is a part of the game. AD is a brilliant player, but 1-10 he’s about a 2 or 3 in this area.

Every play is either something bothering him, going to the Locker room or playing through a full game but making sure everyone knows he is hurt.


this wasn't a non contact injury. He landed on someone's thigh and rolled his leg pretty badly. Tailor-made basketball injury landing there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MJST
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 21227

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 2:38 pm    Post subject:

LeBron keeps saying he "has another gear". Let's see it, and I hope that gear isn't "more step back threes".
_________________
How NBA 2K18 failed the All-Time Lakers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxMBYm3wwxk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 1759
Location: Jack's Crib

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 2:44 pm    Post subject:

LBJ tried to lead us, but not one player stepped up to help!!!
_________________
My Laker squad.
Mr. Clutch, Nixon, Eddie, Nick, Magic, Kareem,
Silk, Cooper, AC, Worthy, Horry, Shaq, Kobe.
HC: Riley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mad55557777
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Posts: 9695

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 2:46 pm    Post subject:

LAKERMIKE2 wrote:
LBJ tried to lead us, but not one player stepped up to help!!!

I disagree, I think Marc did his best
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 17685

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 2:48 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Availability is a part of the game. AD is a brilliant player, but 1-10 he’s about a 2 or 3 in this area.

Every play is either something bothering him, going to the Locker room or playing through a full game but making sure everyone knows he is hurt.


I'd agree with this post if this were a case of one of his boo-boos where he acts like he got shot out of a cannon but then turns out to be fine 5 minutes later.

But he tried playing on an injury and got a worse seemingly injury as a result. I think the calls of "soft" are in his head but I also think he needs to really take time and learn to listen to his body more like LBJ (and Kobe, etc.). He doesn't seem to have any kind of a mind-body connection.


I’m not saying he’s not legit hurt. Just that he has an availability problem.

We got lucky last season with the 4 month break imo. He started to get hurt again in the WCF into the NBA Finals.

Before anyone mentions Lebron...that’s exactly the point. The most available star to ever play has had 2 long term injuries in a Lakers uniform. This is what happens when you sign a 34 year old FA.

Davis is still young, but he’s obviously way more brittle than Lebron.
_________________
My main focus is we win, nothing else matters.
-Rajon Rondo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mad55557777
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Posts: 9695

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 2:49 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
LeBron keeps saying he "has another gear". Let's see it, and I hope that gear isn't "more step back threes".

If he carries this year’s Lakers to the finals at 36 years old, then he is the GOAT, passing MJ
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 31271
Location: LA to the Bay

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 2:49 pm    Post subject:

Alright, looking like real news is done and now even the beat writers are quibbling amongst themselves lol. Onto enjoy the rest of Sunday. Enjoy your Sunday y'all
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Nov 2018
Posts: 2305

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 2:54 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
LAKERMIKE2 wrote:
LBJ tried to lead us, but not one player stepped up to help!!!

I disagree, I think Marc did his best


Yea he did, but unfortunately the rest of the starters did not stepped up to help.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jul 2014
Posts: 6516

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 2:56 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
MJST wrote:
LeBron keeps saying he "has another gear". Let's see it, and I hope that gear isn't "more step back threes".

If he carries this year’s Lakers to the finals at 36 years old, then he is the GOAT, passing MJ


He had that opportunity in the third as the Suns opened up their big lead. He didn’t do it.

At this point let’s focus on James and the team winning game 5.

James has the lifetime achievements covered, let’s see some 2021 impact.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 3437

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 3:18 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
Both Mavs and Lakers had a chance to effectively end their series'. Now, both are questionable to win them.


Now watch the Clippers win in 6.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 31271
Location: LA to the Bay

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 4:09 pm    Post subject:

AD Day to Day

Shams - https://twitter.com/shamscharania/status/1399155206953213957?s=21
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Feb 2020
Posts: 1240

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 4:28 pm    Post subject:

What is the real timeline for a groin strain? Is the risk on him playing on it that he could tear it completely?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 57822
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is consider a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 5:33 pm    Post subject:

ksmgf wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
Both Mavs and Lakers had a chance to effectively end their series'. Now, both are questionable to win them.


Now watch the Clippers win in 6.

Now watch the curse of Donald Sterling kick in.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mad55557777
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Posts: 9695

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 7:30 pm    Post subject:

BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
What is the real timeline for a groin strain? Is the risk on him playing on it that he could tear it completely?

7-10 days. Yes, there seems to be a risk of tearing it
Keep in mind this and the knee sprain were both on the left leg which looks to me that AD is over compensating the left leg because of the right calf/Achilles. It is a (bleep) situation no matter what.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Jun 2016
Posts: 10864

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 8:01 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
What is the real timeline for a groin strain? Is the risk on him playing on it that he could tear it completely?

7-10 days. Yes, there seems to be a risk of tearing it
Keep in mind this and the knee sprain were both on the left leg which looks to me that AD is over compensating the left leg because of the right calf/Achilles. It is a (bleep) situation no matter what.


Frustrating position to be in for him. In his heart of hearts he knows if he plays and is just even halfway decent, they beat this Suns team. The Suns know it too, hence why they play whack-a-mole on him when he drives to the basket. They want him hurt.

But if he plays, there's probably a fairly decent chance it can become worse.

Frustrating across the board.
_________________
"One thing I admire about Kuzma is his unwavering confidence. He truly has no idea that he’s not as good as he thinks." - Killer_Z
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mad55557777
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Posts: 9695

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 8:13 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
What is the real timeline for a groin strain? Is the risk on him playing on it that he could tear it completely?

7-10 days. Yes, there seems to be a risk of tearing it
Keep in mind this and the knee sprain were both on the left leg which looks to me that AD is over compensating the left leg because of the right calf/Achilles. It is a (bleep) situation no matter what.


Frustrating position to be in for him. In his heart of hearts he knows if he plays and is just even halfway decent, they beat this Suns team. The Suns know it too, hence why they play whack-a-mole on him when he drives to the basket. They want him hurt.

But if he plays, there's probably a fairly decent chance it can become worse.

Frustrating across the board.

We will have a long off season to rest him if the strain turn into tear, but you don’t really want to risk the ACL/Achilles given how fragile AD is. They are good enough to beat the suns without AD, so I don’t think they should take this chance
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Jun 2016
Posts: 10864

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 8:22 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
What is the real timeline for a groin strain? Is the risk on him playing on it that he could tear it completely?

7-10 days. Yes, there seems to be a risk of tearing it
Keep in mind this and the knee sprain were both on the left leg which looks to me that AD is over compensating the left leg because of the right calf/Achilles. It is a (bleep) situation no matter what.


Frustrating position to be in for him. In his heart of hearts he knows if he plays and is just even halfway decent, they beat this Suns team. The Suns know it too, hence why they play whack-a-mole on him when he drives to the basket. They want him hurt.

But if he plays, there's probably a fairly decent chance it can become worse.

Frustrating across the board.

We will have a long off season to rest him if the strain turn into tear, but you don’t really want to risk the ACL/Achilles given how fragile AD is. They are good enough to beat the suns without AD, so I don’t think they should take this chance


My gut says if he's told he could play with it, but there's a risk that any significant extension of the area could seriously aggravate it...

He may test it out. For better or worse.

That's just my guess. If that's the case, will requir 1) coachiing intervention or 2) him just playing really poor and Frank benching him.
_________________
"One thing I admire about Kuzma is his unwavering confidence. He truly has no idea that he’s not as good as he thinks." - Killer_Z
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Al13
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Jan 2006
Posts: 2205
Location: Berlin, Germany

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 5:35 am    Post subject:

I´m one of the biggest optimists there is, but if AD is not playing again this series....we are done, imo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Chick-N-Stew
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Jun 2005
Posts: 1815

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 9:28 am    Post subject:

Groin strains can be extremely painful and can worsen with the wrong move.
My guess is he sits game 5. If the Lakers lose game 5, Vogel may risk further injury and let him play in game 6 to avoid elimination.

On paper this team seemed better than last years champs but the injury bug bit us hard. Tough to get any continuity with your stars sitting on the bench.
_________________
Mama, There Goes That Mamba.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AJ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 02 Jul 2018
Posts: 524

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 3:03 pm    Post subject:

When it rains, it pours. I hope they actually show up in PHX.

On a side note, I absolutely hate how the PHX media is spinning this narrative that LA is continuously calling PHX a dirty team. No one has, they have said there were PLAYS that were dirty but no one is saying THEY are dirty. Yet, that's how they frame their questions to the PHX players. However, Crowder is trying to paint the picture that both teams are being physical and if one team is dirty, the other is. Umm....AD's kick wasn't on purpose, I seem to remember CP's undercut and he knew what he was doing, Payne throwing the ball at AC because AC "undercut" him (which there is no video evidence of), oh and Crowder trying to take LBJ's head off. No play on the ball.

Put PHX away so both the team and the media can go sit on a cactus and stew in their own self pity.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Jun 2016
Posts: 10864

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 8:16 pm    Post subject:

Frustrating watching the Jazz: I think our team is better, except they hit their 3's. If its open seems almost automatic most of the time that it goes in, whereas with our guys, it's an adventure.
_________________
"One thing I admire about Kuzma is his unwavering confidence. He truly has no idea that he’s not as good as he thinks." - Killer_Z
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 41 of 42
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB