Draft targets

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:55 am    Post subject: Draft targets

This team needs youth in a lot of areas. Who are prospects that will be around our pick that I should start watching video on and over hyping in my head ala misan and Chris Taft
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:03 pm    Post subject:

Only way they don't trade it for a vet upgrade is if every team chooses not to trade with the Lakers.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:08 pm    Post subject:

THT is one of the most tradeable pieces on the team because of his high upside. I hope the Lakers hold on to him. He's going to be good.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:14 pm    Post subject:

I would love to get excited about a rookie G or even Center. Looking at the early mock drafts there seems to be some interesting prospects in the 20s range.

Just don’t see it happening. Trying to develop a rookie just doesn’t fit the timeline for the Lakers. Pick most likely traded.

Hope I’m wrong.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:50 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
I would love to get excited about a rookie G or even Center. Looking at the early mock drafts there seems to be some interesting prospects in the 20s range.

Just don’t see it happening. Trying to develop a rookie just doesn’t fit the timeline for the Lakers. Pick most likely traded.

Hope I’m wrong.

If we kept our pick could have drafted Bane who is a knock down shooter
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:29 pm    Post subject:

Look for shooters, plain and simple.
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:31 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers have to balance their youth with the vets.
Many bad decisions made last year.
DS was a mistake. Lost DG and a first round pick. Big mistake.
Should have resigned Howard.

Can't let Lebrons managers control the team.
Draft a first round pick for once.
The drafting dept is good if they are listened to.
Kuzma was a great pick for position. So was Hart.

Cant go with aging vets to build a team.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:36 pm    Post subject:

It was a weird Covid college season. Was Marvin Bagleys brother bad at Arizona State? He was hurt like 1 or 2 times and never got his rhythm.

He is projected in the 2nd round, but has everything we are looking for as far a build. He is a long wing player who can play defense and will probably be a good shooter.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:35 pm    Post subject:

i would really do almost anything to have ONE player that can consistently hit 3s. I feel like every team has 2 to 3 of those guys and we're here praying we can make 8-10 threes a game.

Yesterday Booker had 6 (while shooting 6/6) in the 1st!!! My God, I know he's a special talent but id kill to draft a knock down shooter
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:13 pm    Post subject:

27 wrote:
i would really do almost anything to have ONE player that can consistently hit 3s. I feel like every team has 2 to 3 of those guys and we're here praying we can make 8-10 threes a game.

Yesterday Booker had 6 (while shooting 6/6) in the 1st!!! My God, I know he's a special talent but id kill to draft a knock down shooter

Like I said if we didn’t give a first to get DS could have had a young athletic shooter in Bane with our pick. That’s why it’s so important to keep picks instead of just throwing them away
RashardA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:51 pm    Post subject:

Trade it for a win now piece.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:12 am    Post subject:

Johnny Juzang, UCLA. 20 yr old, developing scorer. 6' 6" Capable ball handler (needs to improve), Good outside shooter, can shoot over defenders down low, good finisher, aggressive rebounder & defender. I HOPE they get a chance to take him. Excellent scorer in the NCAA's. Great improvement from last year after transferring from Kentucky.
I think he'd be the 3rd best scorer right now and he's only getting better. It would be awesome to get him!

(If he declares)
Do it Mit.... I mean Rob!

Please don't trade the pick. If they do, I'll be less enthused about the team than I am right now.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:10 am    Post subject:

Im no Mike _at_ LG but looking at mock drafts these are players that lakers are picking

1)Jayden Springer
Springer's game doesn't scream upside, but his versatility should create an easy fit. Capable of playing on and off the ball and guarding both backcourt positions, the 18-year-old combo flashed passing IQ, three-point shooting accuracy and solid defensive technique.

2)Zaire Williams

He’s a long, smooth, and athletic forward who has a versatile skill set. Williams will need to be able to improve his perimeter shot, but he’s a guy who can put it on the floor and make plays for himself and for others. LeBron James is also plenty familiar with Williams since he played with Bronny James in high school.

3) Chris Duarte
Duarte is a well-rounded guard that could fall in the draft due to his age, but he can score in a variety of ways and is also a quality defender.

4)BJ Boston

Find it 2 of Bronny hs teammates projected to come to LA
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:19 am    Post subject:

We traded the pick for a win-now piece last time, didn't work. We ended up losing out on Desmond Bane who is now a knockdown 3 and D wing. An archetype we needed the most on this team.

Unless we get an actual all star back, I don't see a trade in the works here. Lakers have a great scouting department. It would be foolish to let it go to waste.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:37 am    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
Johnny Juzang, UCLA. 20 yr old, developing scorer. 6' 6" Capable ball handler (needs to improve), Good outside shooter, can shoot over defenders down low, good finisher, aggressive rebounder & defender. I HOPE they get a chance to take him. Excellent scorer in the NCAA's. Great improvement from last year after transferring from Kentucky.
I think he'd be the 3rd best scorer right now and he's only getting better. It would be awesome to get him!

(If he declares)

Please don't trade the pick. If they do, I'll be less enthused about the team than I am right now.

Yessir. Would love juzang
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:56 am    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
Im no Mike [AT] LG but looking at mock drafts these are players that lakers are picking

1)Jayden Springer
Springer's game doesn't scream upside, but his versatility should create an easy fit. Capable of playing on and off the ball and guarding both backcourt positions, the 18-year-old combo flashed passing IQ, three-point shooting accuracy and solid defensive technique.

2)Zaire Williams

He’s a long, smooth, and athletic forward who has a versatile skill set. Williams will need to be able to improve his perimeter shot, but he’s a guy who can put it on the floor and make plays for himself and for others. LeBron James is also plenty familiar with Williams since he played with Bronny James in high school.

3) Chris Duarte
Duarte is a well-rounded guard that could fall in the draft due to his age, but he can score in a variety of ways and is also a quality defender.

4)BJ Boston

Find it 2 of Bronny hs teammates projected to come to LA

The draft thread ain't that far away.

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewforum.php?f=27

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:57 am    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
lakersboy wrote:

(If he declares)

Yessir. Would love juzang

Only if LAL buys a mid 2nd or later.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: