D’Angelo Russell calls Byron Scott an “idiot“ in a new interview
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:11 pm    Post subject:

He doesn’t seem coachable
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:31 pm    Post subject:

He’s still right that Byron is an idiot for a coach though.

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Lakers drafted well but never had anyone close to someone like Fred Vinson in their development staff. They literally failed at every aspect of player development and never bothered to address it. That's why I fear for THT and Kuz. Kuz regressed and THT seems like an afterthought to Vogel and Pelinka.

I mean yeah. That’s been the Lakers MO the last couple of years. They’ve always been behind the curve when it comes to basketball operations. The Lakers can’t even address shooting properly so how do you expect them to address player development?

Even their basement bargains are predictable. The lakers try to find names who still might have something left to prove or in the tank. Avery Bradley, Dwight Howard, Marc Gasol, Rajon Rondo etc.

They can’t get bargains from reclamation projects like Cameron Payne because of their poor development system. Their closest guy is Caruso, and even then he doesn’t get enough opportunity to prove himself.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:36 pm    Post subject:

dabask11 wrote:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Lakers drafted well but never had anyone close to someone like Fred Vinson in their development staff. They literally failed at every aspect of player development and never bothered to address it. That's why I fear for THT and Kuz. Kuz regressed and THT seems like an afterthought to Vogel and Pelinka.

I mean yeah. That’s been the Lakers MO the last couple of years. They’ve always been behind the curve when it comes to basketball operations. The Lakers can’t even address shooting properly so how do you expect them to address player development?

Even their basement bargains are predictable. The lakers try to find names who still might have something left to prove or in the tank. Avery Bradley, Dwight Howard, Marc Gasol, Rajon Rondo etc.

They can’t get bargains from reclamation projects like Cameron Payne because of their poor development system. Their closest guy is Caruso, and even then he doesn’t get enough opportunity to prove himself.

The bolded all won rings as bargain basement Lakers pickups.
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:44 pm    Post subject:

Everyone here has called him an idiot at some point.
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:00 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
dabask11 wrote:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:

The bolded all won rings as bargain basement Lakers pickups.

I didn’t say those types couldn’t win, I just said they’re the only type the Lakers can pick because they lack a proper development system.

Nets are a good example. They can get names like Blake griffin and turn nobodies like Bobby brown and nick claxton into capable players because of their development system.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:15 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
The real idiot is Mitch Kupchak for drafting D’Angelo over Booker. Heck, we probably could have had Booker AND Myles Turner if we had traded that pick for two lower picks.

QFT

Lakers got scammed . Lakers are terrible with scouting. We could've had Booker and/or Tatum.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:33 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
The real idiot is Mitch Kupchak for drafting D’Angelo over Booker. Heck, we probably could have had Booker AND Myles Turner if we had traded that pick for two lower picks.

QFT

Lakers got scammed . Lakers are terrible with scouting. We could've had Booker and/or Tatum.

The last time Russell and Booker matched up against each other

D'Angelo Russell
31 Points
5 Rebounds
6 Assists
1 Steal
1 TO

Devin Booker
34 Points
3 Rebounds
4 Assists
2 Steals
8 TO

The Lakers didn't get scammed for who they drafted. They got scammed by their coach that never should have been their coach in the first place. And he'd have wasted Booker the same way.

Ya'll need to stop acting like D'Angelo's some scrub Even during an injured season on one leg where he came back mid season from knee surgery he was a 19/3/6 guard and that was on one leg. Prior to that he was a 23/6/4 PPG all-star level guard, whereas Booker is a 25/4/4 all-star level guard.

Byron's the one that blew it with the talent that was handed to him on a silver platter, and he'd have done Booker the same way.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:16 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

QFT

The Booker claim is weak....nobody had Booker high in the draft. If the Suns had the 2nd pick, they would have taken Russell over Booker. It is like saying every GM is an idiot that did not draft Jokic in 2014. I guarantee you were not screaming to draft Booker @ #2 in 2016. I was one of the guys that was higher on Booker on LG in 2016, and I was not taking him @ #2.
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:27 pm    Post subject:

Doesn't matter if the lakers drafted booker or not.

No one in the 2015 draft was a Luca Donic type pick.

Magic still gets rid of said pick because the lakers would suck and he needed his precious "Cap Space" a year before using it.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:07 am    Post subject:

dabask11 wrote:

Magic still gets rid of said pick because the lakers would suck and he needed his precious "Cap Space" a year before using it.

Yep. And even KAT was propped up as "Duncan with a 3pt shot", and that turned out to be one of the worst takes in basketball. I anticipate the Twolves will build around Edwards in the near future. The 2015 draft was decent but there was no player in the same tier as Luka or Zion, who are generational talents.

As people have mentioned ad nauseum in another thread about the AD trade, Booker/Tatum/Mitchell/Brown/Murray/etc would have been packaged for AD irrespective of how well they developed in LA. Look at BI's statistics before the blood clot. They pulled the trigger because AD was a generational talent at the time.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:43 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
dabask11 wrote:

Yep. And even KAT was propped up as "Duncan with a 3pt shot", and that turned out to be one of the worst takes in basketball. I anticipate the Twolves will build around Edwards in the near future. The 2015 draft was decent but there was no player in the same tier as Luka or Zion, who are generational talents.

As people have mentioned ad nauseum in another thread about the AD trade, Booker/Tatum/Mitchell/Brown/Murray/etc would have been packaged for AD irrespective of how well they developed in LA. Look at BI's statistics before the blood clot. They pulled the trigger because AD was a generational talent at the time.

Who should have gone #1 in 2015 in retrospect? Booker or Towns?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:08 am    Post subject:

dabask11 wrote:

booker , luka are untradable unless you are trading them for the other guy.
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:31 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
dabask11 wrote:

Maybe now but not in their first 3 years with the exception of luka.

Booker, if drafted here, wouldn't have done anything special with byron or luke as coach.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:34 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
dabask11 wrote:

Booker is in the same tier as Tatum, Mitchell, etc.

Luka, Zion, AD are in a tier of their own.

You can't convince me AD isn't the DPOY and best 1-5 defender in the NBA when he's healthy.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:34 am    Post subject:

dabask11 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
dabask11 wrote:

Booker, if drafted here, wouldn't have done anything special with byron or luke as coach.

agree but with Kobes involvement Im sure they wouldnt have moved him. However i have been with book from day1. He is my favorite non lakers player, and unfortunately tatum would be my second but we know about that and why thats impossible.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:38 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
dabask11 wrote:

Who should have gone #1 in 2015 in retrospect? Booker or Towns?

Tough question. I think things would look a lot different for Towns if he had CP3 on his team.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:38 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
dabask11 wrote:

You can't convince me AD isn't the DPOY and best 1-5 defender in the NBA when he's healthy.

Booker is better than zion and as good as luka and what book does. They are asked to do different things. When book needed to those other things he got a triple dub.

I would happily trade AD for book. Booker is next level. Can kill you from anywhere on the court . Booker and luka IMO are already knocking on the door of best players.
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:43 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
dabask11 wrote:

agree but with Kobes involvement Im sure they wouldnt have moved him. However i have been with book from day1. He is my favorite non lakers player, and unfortunately tatum would be my second but we know about that and why thats impossible.

No The lakers still move him regardless.

Booker would have the same contract like ZO and BI due to top 3 pick status.

That makes it impossible to keep him if the lakers wanted lebron or AD while still maintaining their FA plans.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:45 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
dabask11 wrote:

Booker is better than zion and as good as luka and what book does. They are asked to do different things. When book needed to those other things he got a triple dub.

I would happily trade AD for book. Booker is next level. Can kill you from anywhere on the court . Booker and luka IMO are already knocking on the door of best players.

1) CP3 transformed the Suns though. Booker is their best player, but not most important. He doesn't have Luka, CP3 or Zion level impact yet. That doesn't mean the future isn't bright for Booker, but surrounding him with the right pieces + CP3 is the reason they made the playoffs.

2) Booker's been on 0 all-defensive and all-nba teams. Kobe been on 13, so the comparisons are premature. He's 24 and been in the league for 6 years now, so he needs to get started right about now if he wants to be an all-time great. Assuming he reaches the finals and if Budenholzer is a half competent coach, my prediction is they'll wear him out on defense.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:02 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
dabask11 wrote:

1) CP3 transformed the Suns though. Booker is their best player, but not most important. He doesn't have Luka, CP3 or Zion level impact yet. That doesn't mean the future isn't bright for Booker, but surrounding him with the right pieces + CP3 is the reason they made the playoffs.

2) Booker's been on 0 all-defensive and all-nba teams. Kobe been on 13, so the comparisons are premature. He's 24 and been in the league for 6 years now, so he needs to get started right about now if he wants to be an all-time great. Assuming he reaches the finals and if Budenholzer is a half competent coach, my prediction is they'll wear him out on defense.

no one questions CP3 role but booker is better than zion and its not close.

Zions impact? he had a pretty solid team this year. didnt net post season. .Zion is close to his ceiling. The only player you trade book for is luka and vice versa. However you dont trade either. no matter what.

I love luka. he and book are different. just like TD and Kobe were different. (just an example. not saying one is the other etc.).
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:14 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
dabask11 wrote:

no one questions CP3 role but booker is better than zion and its not close.

Zions impact? he had a pretty solid team this year. didnt net post season. .Zion is close to his ceiling. The only player you trade book for is luka and vice versa. However you dont trade either. no matter what.

I love luka. he and book are different. just like TD and Kobe were different. (just an example. not saying one is the other etc.).

1) Zion's a historic talent my guy. He's already HOF and on pace to make league history in terms of efficiency and points scored:

Quote:
Zion Williamson is averaging 26.5 points on 61.7% shooting this season.

That’s the most PPG by any player with 60+ FG% in NBA history.

It’s also the highest FG% by any player with 15+ FGA per game in NBA history.

Zion Williamson became the first NBA player since Michael Jordan to score 2,000 career points before his 80th game in Saturday's 110-108 loss to the San Antonio Spurs.

Williamson needed 79 games to reach the 2,000-point barrier, which is tied for the 10th-fewest in NBA history. Of the 11 other players in NBA history to reach 2,000 points before 80 games played, only one has not made the Hall of Fame.

Williamson has emerged as one of the NBA's most dominant forces this season, averaging 26.9 points, 7.2 rebounds and 3.6 assists. He's shooting 61.8 percent overall and averaging 20.3 points in the paint per game.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2941131-zion-williamson-1st-since-michael-jordan-to-score-2k-points-before-80th-game

2) There's no GM in the league that would trade Luka for Booker unless picks and other all-stars are involved.

You say Kobe and TD were different but they were always making all-nba and all-defensive teams while winning championships. They were in the same tier. What are Booker's accolades?
RashardA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:25 pm    Post subject:

DLo is better than any guard the Lakers had on their roster last season.
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:30 pm    Post subject:

Enough about DLO or Booker and more about how terrible Scott was as a coach

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrvQIHKOl_c&

While the Spurs were obviously the better team, it does make you wonder why Scott suddenly stopped playing Mutombo minutes despite holding Duncan to under 50% shooting.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:33 pm    Post subject:

The image of dlo on the sideline jumping up and down next to Kobe will never leave my head. He’s doodoo
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:36 pm    Post subject:

RashardA wrote:
DLo is better than any guard the Lakers had on their roster last season.

DLo when healthy is one of the best guards in the NBA. Even on one leg coming off surgery mid season he was a 19/6/6 guy that shot 39% from three on 7.5 attempts. But some people just want to continue to pretend he's a scrub.

When healthy he's a 23/6/6 guy who shoots 40% from three on high attempts and has fantastic playmaking skills, is solid in the clutch and doesn't shy away from big moments. You know... the exact kind of guard that Lakers fans would be falling over themselves to add to this team of LeBron and AD.

The kind of guard the Lakers were TRYING to get back on the team before Golden State swooped in

There's not a single person, or combination of people not involving AD or LeBron that any Lakers fan wouldn't trade for Russell.

But this thread is mostly about the reality... that Byron Scott is a horrible coach and was an idiot as one. He not only squandered Dlo while we had him, he also ran Kobe into the ground after Kobe told him he felt he could only play a certain amount of MPG because he knew his body. Scott ignored both Kobe, and Dlo (for having the .. audacity to ask what he's doing wrong or what he could work on...) so he could puff his own chest out.

Scott as a coach was one of the worst things that happened to our franchise in terms of coaching and player development. He made Luke look like Phil Jackson.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: