Can we still be laker fans, and support the clippers at the same time?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:56 am    Post subject: Can we still be laker fans, and support the clippers at the same time?

Tyrone Lue recently called for unity in the city, and wants laker fans to support the clipper run. Not so much for the clipper's sake, but for the sake that they are a fellow Southern California team. My question is this, can you support the clipper run and still be a laker fan?

The clippers and lakers really don't have a significant rivalry, a la Boston vs. Lakers. There really is no significant issues or bad history between the 2 teams. No bench clearing brawls, no hard fouls, No games played in the post season, nothing really to suggest that there is a rivalry. We can bring up Kawhi Leonard's dismissal of us, but KL has proven over the years that he is loyal only to himself, not to any team. So laker fans really shouldn't feel slighted about that. Then there's Paul George not taking a meeting with us, but we don't know what happened during the negotiations, what was said or wasn't said. There is also Doc Rivers, who was the driver of much of the animosity more than anything else. But he got fired by the same team he talked trash for. You can mention Balmer's attempt to take over LA, but that guy is driven by money, and hes a spoiled, privileged idiot anyway.

To my knowledge, both K Leonard and Paul George have never really talked smack about the Lakers. And if not for Lebron's presence, KL would probably be here. And there's technically nothing wrong with KL and PG wanting to do something that no one has done, and that is to take this clippers franchise to the finals. Instead of joining an already stacked team with the lakers that have won multiple finals.

So again, why do you hate the Clippers? Is it acceptable for Laker fans to support them?
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:10 am    Post subject:

Basketball reasons.

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:14 am    Post subject:

I don't live in LA, so Clippers are just another team to me.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:14 am    Post subject: Re: Can we still be laker fans, and support the clippers at the same time?

troy wrote:
Tyrone Lue recently called for unity in the city, and wants laker fans to support the clipper run. Not so much for the clipper's sake, but for the sake that they are a fellow Southern California team. My question is this, can you support the clipper run and still be a laker fan?

The clippers and lakers really don't have a significant rivalry, a la Boston vs. Lakers. There really is no significant issues or bad history between the 2 teams. No bench clearing brawls, no hard fouls, No games played in the post season, nothing really to suggest that there is a rivalry. We can bring up Kawhi Leonard's dismissal of us, but KL has proven over the years that he is loyal only to himself, not to any team. So laker fans really shouldn't feel slighted about that. Then there's Paul George not taking a meeting with us, but we don't know what happened during the negotiations, what was said or wasn't said. There is also Doc Rivers, who was the driver of much of the animosity more than anything else. But he got fired by the same team he talked trash for. You can mention Balmer's attempt to take over LA, but that guy is driven by money, and hes a spoiled, privileged idiot anyway.

To my knowledge, both K Leonard and Paul George have never really talked smack about the Lakers. And if not for Lebron's presence, KL would probably be here. And there's technically nothing wrong with KL and PG wanting to do something that no one has done, and that is to take this clippers franchise to the finals. Instead of joining an already stacked team with the lakers that have won multiple finals.

So again, why do you hate the Clippers? Is it acceptable for Laker fans to support them?

1. You're not a Lakers fan.
2. Eff Kawhi - he gaslighted the Lakers.
3. Eff PG on general principle.
4. Eff PatBev, the ugliest mfer in the NBA.
5. Eff Frank Lawrence, "Executive of the Year."
XTC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:17 am    Post subject:

No thanks. Not going to support #2, PG, PBev, and the annoying Ballmer. For the Lakers to win it all last year after the BS that #2 pulled was about as satisfying as it gets.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:17 am    Post subject:

Absolutely not.

Have you ever seen Clips fans support the Lakers?
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:19 am    Post subject:

Oh, and eff Ty Lue, who backed out of his deal with us.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:21 am    Post subject:

Just pay them rents on time and we'd be cool with the clips but support, Nah
RashardA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:34 am    Post subject:

Hell no.
cathy78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:44 am    Post subject:

Nope. Only support you can give them is to move out of town. Seattle deserves a team and could mend the Clippers disease.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:58 am    Post subject:

No. I would never support them. They moved to LA in 1984. Lakers had been established in LA for almost 25 years. My loyalty is to the Lakers. They play in the same conference and same division. They play in the same damn building. They cover up our banners and jerseys. Can't wait until they move out of Staples. F them!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:05 am    Post subject:

Kawhi purposefully tried to sabotage the Lakers by stringing them on in free agency. Only it ended up with the Lakers winning a ring.

PG13 for over a year played with the Lakers making it sound like he wanted to come only to re-sign with OKC and then demand a trade to the Clips.

Those fools poisoned the water and the stupid “LA Our Way” and the attempt to sell their team as a blue collar squad (when all reports indicated the opposite). Nah.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:07 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Kawhi purposefully tried to sabotage the Lakers by stringing them on in free agency. Only it ended up with the Lakers winning a ring.

PG13 for over a year played with the Lakers making it sound like he wanted to come only to re-sign with OKC and then demand a trade to the Clips.

Those fools poisoned the water and the stupid “LA Our Way” and the attempt to sell their team as a blue collar squad (when all reports indicated the opposite). Nah.

Man, PG13... with that damn OKC house party announcement to slap us in the face
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:09 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Man, PG13... with that damn OKC house party announcement to slap us in the face

Ans then demanding a trade to the Clips a year later. How can you expect us to cheer for a guy like that?
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If you support the Clippers, you can’t support the Lakers.
Clipper fans are weak. They embrace mediocrity.
If the Clippers win, I will always be rooting for the other team regardless.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

I respect their talent. And I’ve said that in the past. But to root for the team? Heck no.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:15 am    Post subject: Re: Can we still be laker fans, and support the clippers at the same time?

troy wrote:

It's acceptable for people to do whatever they want. If rooting for or against the Clippers adds to your entertainment, go for it.

Lue's call for "unity" seems silly to me. This is just trivial entertainment, not some important societal movement. Most of my fans don't care about the NBA at all, and they probably have no idea the playoffs are even happening.

I'm a Lakers fan, but I don't have any strong feelings about the Clippers, pro or con. I am fine if the Clippers went, but I am equally fine if the 76ers, Phoenix or Milwaukee wins.

So color me "whatever."
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:18 am    Post subject:

Also, Ibaka set Laker fans up this year. Playing games on social media Twitter dropping hints that he was signing with the Lakers.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:33 am    Post subject:

Fans can choose to support any team or player they wish.

Just don’t include me on the Clipper bandwagon. Have never liked them or their fans for decades. Growing up in LA there was a clear “ anti- Laker “ vibe from the clips.

A decision to support the underdog because they were too cool. Billy Crystal comes to mind as an early example. Now I just don’t like multiple players or owner.

The term “ insufferable” has been used. I will continue to use it.

Time for the clips to lose, the fans to go back into obscurity, and Balmer to have another melt down hissy fit. And while they are at it how about get your own arena. There presence at Staples offends me.

Let’s go Suns!
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:35 am    Post subject:

I don't believe so. I believe they are gonna beat the sun's, but I don't root for them. I can't see myself ever rooting for them. Maybe if they weren't in LA, maybe. I don't understand why they are in LA, and I would like them to leave, go to another city, find their own identity. I digress. I think they have a good shot at winning, but I don't know if you could be a Laker fan and root for the clippers. I kinda look at you side eyed and don't believe that you are a true Laker fan. To me, it even eclipses being a fan of both Lakers and the Celtics. Jayson Tatum is one of my favorite players and I always root for his success, unless he plays the Lakers. If Tatum was a Clipper, it would hard for me to root for his success.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:40 am    Post subject: Re: Can we still be laker fans, and support the clippers at the same time?

troy wrote:
Tyrone Lue recently called for unity in the city, and wants laker fans to support the clipper run.

This is like calling for unity in the country and saying everyone should have supported Trump. Nah, LA is just going to have to remain divided so long as the fake LA team continues to reside within the greater LA metro.

If the Clippers do the right thing and move to like Fresno, Barstow, Bakersfield--somewhere like that, I will happily support them against non-California teams. Until then, homelessness and the Clippers remain the two biggest problems facing Los Angeles.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:42 am    Post subject:

roger_federer: "of course!"
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:44 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:

bruh lol, let the man enjoy his team's success
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:45 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:

In all seriousness, not a chance.

Would you all root for someone trying to take your job?

That’s what Ballmer and his propaganda tried to do last season...(bleep) talking, buying off media and directly attacking the Lakers.

Why would you root for someone who wants to see you go down in flames?
GrimjowwLA
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:55 am    Post subject:

nah cant support them period
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7
Jump to: