Black Widow

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:03 am    Post subject: Black Widow

Watched this on Disney+ last night. I thought it was awful. Anyone else watch it yet?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:37 am    Post subject:

I see more brown widows than black widows now. They've taken over because they like the same nooks and crannies that black widows do and they reproduce at a quicker pace. They're supposedly less toxic than a black widow tho. I've had a couple close hand-on-spider incidents w/ black widows. I once took a garbage can from the curb back to the house and walked by an hour later and there was a large large BW rebuilding a web from the handle to the ground. I just had my hand in there earlier. I once was going to the garage thru the laundry room and the door was ajar by 1 inch and there was a BW on the floor in that gap and it instantly Usain Bolted to get under the washer, but I had my Tony Soprano houseshoes on and splat. They can book on foot.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:39 am    Post subject:

It was OK.
A bit clunky at times... some of the laughs seemed forced.
It touched on a lot of her backstory and gave her some closure after Endgame.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:11 pm    Post subject:

Just watched it last night too. I actually enjoyed the other characters better than the title character. Florence Pugh was great in it.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Black Widow

CandyCanes wrote:
Watched this on Disney+ last night. I thought it was awful. Anyone else watch it yet?

It's being critiqued in the film thread.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:50 pm    Post subject:

Solid 8 for me.

Think if this was released AFTER Civil War it would flow better in the timeline but then the post credit scene wouldn’t make sense.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:43 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
I see more brown widows than black widows now. They've taken over because they like the same nooks and crannies that black widows do and they reproduce at a quicker pace. They're supposedly less toxic than a black widow tho. I've had a couple close hand-on-spider incidents w/ black widows. I once took a garbage can from the curb back to the house and walked by an hour later and there was a large large BW rebuilding a web from the handle to the ground. I just had my hand in there earlier. I once was going to the garage thru the laundry room and the door was ajar by 1 inch and there was a BW on the floor in that gap and it instantly Usain Bolted to get under the washer, but I had my Tony Soprano houseshoes on and splat. They can book on foot.

Whether or not you know this thread is about the movie. This post is still funny.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:11 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:

Whether or not you know this thread is about the movie. This post is still funny.

Maybe I knew, maybe I didn't... That's the suspense of it all, bro. I can still picture that door spider. It was perfectly sitting there in a 1 inch gap and she instantly bolted for her life the second I turned the light on and stomped into the laundry room. Barely got it, good timing is huge for every living creature. There was a big BW hanging off of a single strand on that outer garage door the first time I ever opened it. House had been vacant and my mum had just procured the garage door opener. I had a load full of crap to move in and I could see it hangin there from my Jeep. I had to take off my Nike and plop it onto the spider to squash it on the ground, which worked.

As far as the movie goes, I wanted to contribute, but I fear I will never see it, but I've seen a ton of BW spiders over the years. There was one at my uni at the top of a light pole in its web in the AM and it was so massive another kid spotted it from the ground out of his peripheral vision. A few of us walking by stopped to look at it in awe and disgust and at the weirdness of its placement. It was a round light pole and you wondered how it could clamber up to the bezel on top, but note that BWs and other spiders "balloon" into the air when they hatch from eggs and can be carried in gusts of winds and that one hit the bug jackpot as those lights would have a cloud of bugs around them at night. Spiders that balloon as hatchlings find a high spot and then they squirt out a butt string and the wind picks them up like a kite.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:31 am    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Solid 8 for me.

Think if this was released AFTER Civil War it would flow better in the timeline but then the post credit scene wouldn’t make sense.

I had it 5. After gaining an understanding of the plot I rewatched it. I changed the 5 to 8. It's action-packed throughout the film. I think I'll watch the Black Widow series with my IPTV Eminence.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:59 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Solid 8 for me.

I had it 5. After gaining an understanding of the plot I rewatched it. I changed the 5 to 8. It's action-packed throughout the film. I think I'll watch the Black Widow series with my IPTV Eminence.

BW also ties into the upcoming Hawkeye series on Disney+.
xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:38 pm    Post subject:

It's worth the ticket price but that's about it. Not nearly as good as Wonder Woman, now that's a movie I would see more than once in the theater.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:54 pm    Post subject:

xxsicrokerxx wrote:
It's worth the ticket price but that's about it. Not nearly as good as Wonder Woman, now that's a movie I would see more than once in the theater.

IMO Black Widow isn't worth $29.00. I watched it free with my IPTV Eminence. It's a rewatch.

Also IMO The new Wonder Wonder was a stinker. Bad plot, acting and dialoge.

F9 (2021) is a good watch if you like impossible car stunts and chases. Fight scenes are well choreographed. The ladies get busy.

loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:00 am    Post subject:

^ Yeah, WW (the first one) was great but WW84 was garbage. I was so disappointed by so many things.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:05 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
kikanga wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:

Maybe I knew, maybe I didn't... That's the suspense of it all, bro. I can still picture that door spider. It was perfectly sitting there in a 1 inch gap and she instantly bolted for her life the second I turned the light on and stomped into the laundry room. Barely got it, good timing is huge for every living creature. There was a big BW hanging off of a single strand on that outer garage door the first time I ever opened it. House had been vacant and my mum had just procured the garage door opener. I had a load full of crap to move in and I could see it hangin there from my Jeep. I had to take off my Nike and plop it onto the spider to squash it on the ground, which worked.

As far as the movie goes, I wanted to contribute, but I fear I will never see it, but I've seen a ton of BW spiders over the years. There was one at my uni at the top of a light pole in its web in the AM and it was so massive another kid spotted it from the ground out of his peripheral vision. A few of us walking by stopped to look at it in awe and disgust and at the weirdness of its placement. It was a round light pole and you wondered how it could clamber up to the bezel on top, but note that BWs and other spiders "balloon" into the air when they hatch from eggs and can be carried in gusts of winds and that one hit the bug jackpot as those lights would have a cloud of bugs around them at night. Spiders that balloon as hatchlings find a high spot and then they squirt out a butt string and the wind picks them up like a kite.

The bolded is nightmare fuel. I've seen videos where someone squashes a spider. Only for hundreds of babies to crawl out from the wreckage. I was thinking about finding a link. Then I realized I don't hate myself.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:43 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
kikanga wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:

I think you did. I saw the movie and I think I got the implication.

non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:57 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

The bolded is nightmare fuel. I've seen videos where someone squashes a spider. Only for hundreds of babies to crawl out from the wreckage. I was thinking about finding a link. Then I realized I don't hate myself.

I remember the balooning part from a Nat Geo epi on black widows. That was back in the early 90s on TV. I could find a clip, but it just stops short of the ballooning behavior of the hatchlings. Ballooning is how the spider hatchlings are able to populate a much wider area and there are islands that have black widows well before cargo ships could've brought them there, so that's probably how they got to them. They can float around in the atmosphere for weeks before they drop.

BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:09 am    Post subject:

B/B- movie
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:30 pm    Post subject:

Watchable. Attempts at humor couldn't even get a smirk out of me.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:01 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Watchable. Attempts at humor couldn't even get a smirk out of me.

Poser was a solid meta joke
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:54 am    Post subject:

Decent movie, enjoyed watching it from home.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: