QFTOS: Westbrook to Lakers

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:51 am    Post subject: QFTOS: Westbrook to Lakers

CelticsStrong:

Quote:
Lakers can always send out poop and get players back.

Quote:
I think Westbrook has reached Monta Ellis status: extremely talented, but there's nowhere that he actually fits because his flaws are so pronounced.

Quote:
Am I the only one who feels like the Lakers are the losers in this trade? Westbrook is cooked and they just gave up 3 rotation guys

Quote:
Westbrook is an excellent passer, ball handler, and rebounder. He will take immense pressure off of James and actually allow him to rest a lot more (on the floor). That will give the Lakers a huge advantage at the end of games when James can go full bore and actually have stuff left in the tank. Westbrook will also put relentless pressure on opposing PG's and he gets to the line a lot. I just don't think it is a bad thing for a team to add a guy that plays most every game and is coming off a season averaging 22.2, 11.5 and 11.7. And it isn't like Russ is replacing an elite shooter. Schroder is a better shooter, but isn't a lot better or actually good, and Russ is literally better at everything else (and they still can sign Schroder or sign and trade him). Harrell and KCP are fairly easy to replace role players, and while I like Kuzma, he just isn't a good fit with James and Davis so I think they can replace him fairly easily as well.

Lakers clearly need to add some depth, but I don't think they will have that much difficulty finding some solid role players and they always could still bring back guys like Morris, Matthews, Drummond and Dudley (I expect Caruso and Horton-Tucker to be back).

Quote:
Gotta move AD over to center permanently for this Westbrook experiment to have any chance of being successful.

G - Westbrook
G - shooter
F - shooter
F - LeBron
C - AD

Similar to the Rockets micro-ball lineups only with AD at center instead of PJ Tucker offering LAL more defensive integrity and rebounding integrity.

With this in mind, this may be more workable a combination than I had initially thought.

ClutchFans:

Quote:
LOL. Lakers just want someone to run the team on AD and Bron rest days. This is going to be an absolute train wreck. Points that can’t shoot are worthless.

Quote:
He. Can't. Shoot. He just can't. There is now zero chance of LeBron ever winning another title.

Quote:
I'm not sure what to make of this trade.

The lakers needed shooting and a secondary offensive option. They also needed to dump trash for better players (aka Harrell and Kuzma).

Russ def isnt a shooter, but he can eat up all the possessions Lebron and AD can't handle. WB isnt the most efficient, but he brings value by taking over the entire offense which allows Bron and AD to take a breather. Losing KCP def hurts though, but maybe they can get more guys via FA to fill the void.

I'm not crazy about this trade, but to be frank Russ' net impact is better than Harrell and Kuzma so it's still a win. Personally though I think a dude like Chris Duarte would prob help them more than Russ tbh.

Quote:
I love this trade. Now I can root against the Lakers, Russ and Lebron all at the same time. It's beautiful!

Quote:
Love this trade.

Completely eliminates any chance that commie d**k sucking POS LeBron ever competes for another title in LA

SpursTalk:

Quote:
Weird, I don't see the fit, not after he was such a disaster in Houston and now he'll have two stars next to him who need to constantly have the ball in their hands. Maybe if this was UCLA Westbrook who was a defensive monster, but statpadder Westbrook? Better than trading for DePression [DeRozan? - DL] I guess.

Quote:
i actually think it could work, only because i think westbrook will actually listen to and respect lebron

if hes willing to work a little more off the ball, give more effort defensively, and help keep the offense running well while lebron is on the bench, it could work incredibly well actually. they just need another shooter or so

their biggest issue wasnt shooting, but creation when lebron was out of the game, or taking a possession off here and there. this should solve that.

Quote:
Fakers get Brick they are probably at the max. I live near DC and he did put up historical numbers but his defense was shoddy. I do think he improves Fakers though overall

Quote:
I hate the lakers (on strictly a sports level) but this is a good move for them. They gave up literal trash for a dude who gives 100% every single play and might actually fall under line under Lebron. KD is soft as (bleep), Lebron isn't. At least not on the court. And I hate all those cocksuckers so a rare praise to the Lakers FO for having the balls to do this. May blow up in their face, but I honestly doubt it and I think they will be highly competitive with Nets if everyone is healthy on both sides, and the pick is inconsequential, they would've either wasted it, or hit and got impatient in the second or third year with them not being top 5 all nba's players and trade them.

Pulling for Westbrook, I think he gets a lot of unwarranted hate, dude is a true baller and a no-(bleep) kind of person when I can respect. Honestly if he led the bench group (as a Manu-role) he'd probably make Lakers the favorite. Can you imagine him thrashing bench players? lmao.

EDIT: Not to mention though, I think Clippers, Warriors, Nuggets, Mavs and Jazz will be heavy contenders to those two as well. Bucks too in the east (though I don't see anyone else stepping up from out there) and Suns possibly if CP3 can give it one more year of all-star play.

Quote:
BLUF Westbrick not a perfect player but a helluva a pick up for what trash they gave up and now a favorite- with Nets and Bucks

MavsFans:

Quote:
So Sacramento lost badly, I would say. I wonder what their back up plan is.

I am not sure this is a good move for LA. They have traded basically all depth and those three stars are basically puting them at the hard cap on their own, so no SnT is possible. And basically no more assets to do other trades. Unless of course Sacramento really cherish THT and/or Caruso

Quote:
Is this even a good move? Westbrick?

When you need shooting?

I rather have KCP tbh.

Quote:
Helps them get TO the playoffs without killing LeBron, for sure.

But once they get there, he’ll need the ball. Off-ball Westbrook is an ugly thing to watch.

Quote:
Tbh, I think RW is way better than all the 3 (and the pick) they will gave to Wizards combined.
Maybe there was better fit like Hield, but even him is inferior player to RW

Quote:
I would expect LA will pay what it takes to keep Caruso (it benefits both player and team). And I think they'll try their hardest to get Schroder into a big new deal via sign-and-trade, that lands them Hield (in a 3-way) or some other reasonably good shooter coming back.

Drummond wants to get paid well, and the Lakers would have no way to sign him to a deal even the size of the big MLE, so he's probably walking elsewhere as a free agent.

levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:58 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Love this trade.

Completely eliminates any chance that commie d**k sucking POS LeBron ever competes for another title in LA

I can smell the OAN off this one
Islandboy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:22 am    Post subject:

levon wrote:
Quote:
Love this trade.

I can smell the CNN/MSNBC gov tell me if it is ok to go outside off this one.
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:23 am    Post subject:

Just realized this was "QFTOS" .... thought it was just LG posts the past few days
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:27 am    Post subject:

I’m ded off the first two comments
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:28 am    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:
Just realized this was "QFTOS" .... thought it was just LG posts the past few days

Actually - it was tough b/c those boards have some strong Lakers fans, so I had to make sure I wasn't quoting them.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:30 am    Post subject:

Islandboy wrote:
levon wrote:
Quote:
Love this trade.

how long did it take you to recover your sense of smell?
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:18 pm    Post subject:

Islandboy wrote:
levon wrote:
Quote:
Love this trade.

Show me on the doll where the facts touched you.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:24 pm    Post subject:

Thanks! Very entertaining.
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:58 pm    Post subject:

Pffft. Spurs better worry about their own future, which involves watching lottery balls for the next 20 years.
mirak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:26 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
Islandboy wrote:
levon wrote:
Quote:
Love this trade.

GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:30 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
Quote:
Love this trade.

Facts...LOL
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:31 pm    Post subject:

mirak wrote:
levon wrote:
Islandboy wrote:
levon wrote:
Quote:
Love this trade.

ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:45 pm    Post subject:

These men will mold their talents, mind, brain etc into one goal
I have no concerns

I think he knows what it means to get to be playing here and
this team belongs to #18
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:46 pm    Post subject:

GameCock-MD wrote:
mirak wrote:
levon wrote:
Islandboy wrote:
levon wrote:
Quote:
Love this trade.

CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:27 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:
mirak wrote:
levon wrote:
Islandboy wrote:
levon wrote:
Quote:
Love this trade.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: