2016 Quote: Kobe Bryant Says Russell Westbrook Reminds Him Most Of Himself

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:22 pm    Post subject: 2016 Quote: Kobe Bryant Says Russell Westbrook Reminds Him Most Of Himself

https://lakersnation.com/kobe-bryant-says-russell-westbrook-reminds-him-most-of-himself/2016/08/26/

Sorry I did not want this loss in the Russ thread...

“When I turn on the TV and I watch players play, the player that plays with the same kind of emotion and grit and competitive intensity is Russell [Westbrook],” Bryant said of the All-Star guard. “Russell is going hard. Doesn’t matter who he is playing against, doesn’t matter what the odds are, he’s going, that’s a guy, he is going 110 percent every single time.”

Last edited by AD23 on Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:54 pm    Post subject:

Westbrook is Kobe’s mentality and athleticism without his skill.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:36 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/kobehighlight/status/1421203942701101061?s=20

CHILLLLLLZZZZZZZZZZZ
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Kobe Bryant Says Russell Westbrook Reminds Him Most Of Himself

AD23 wrote:
https://lakersnation.com/kobe-bryant-says-russell-westbrook-reminds-him-most-of-himself/2016/08/26/

Sorry I did not want this loss in the Russ thread...

“When I turn on the TV and I watch players play, the player that plays with the same kind of emotion and grit and competitive intensity is Russell [Westbrook],” Bryant said of the All-Star guard. “Russell is going hard. Doesn’t matter who he is playing against, doesn’t matter what the odds are, he’s going, that’s a guy, he is going 110 percent every single time.”

Except; Russ a looser, Kobe not.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:47 am    Post subject:

lmao kobe

naw

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:59 am    Post subject:

Didn’t know we went back in time and signed a 27-year-old Westbrook. This makes me a feel a little better.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:26 am    Post subject:

Ya'll don't sound very happy about this acquisition. I don't blame ya'll. The tone would change IF he could shoot the ball with a reasonable degree of efficiency. But, then again, the cost would have been higher if he did that.

There is some good in this. His intensity will be infectious. We will have moments of true elite defnse at times. The common goal for him and the team is he and AD making at least a 3rd team all defense for Westbrook, and 1st team all defense for AD, and even DPOY as well. And the team being ranked in the top three defensively.

A defensively engaged LeBron & AD, with Westbrook the Secretary of Defense, will be truly entertaining at times. Put some shooters around them, with an Alex Caruso, and a few others, and the Lakers will be swinging for the fences, as we should be, Westbrook warts and all.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: