Official RUSSELL WESTBROOK Thread (Traded to Utah)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 72, 73, 74 ... 424, 425, 426  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:13 pm    Post subject:

Westbrook is a good player. But he's not complimentary to LeBron or AD. He also happens to be very overpaid. I don't care how many good games he was, this won't change.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:26 pm    Post subject:

I wonder if Westbrook should be given a pass tonight?

Afterall him and AD logged heavy minutes in the overtime victory last night. In the 1st half they showed they still have that chemistry, but perhaps the energy finally took its toll the 2nd half. They almost pulled it together the 2nd half when they pulled within one, but it just seems hard to win back to back victories when the first night was overtime.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:32 pm    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
I wonder if Westbrook should be given a pass tonight?

Afterall him and AD logged heavy minutes in the overtime victory last night. In the 1st half they showed they still have that chemistry, but perhaps the energy finally took its toll the 2nd half. They almost pulled it together the 2nd half when they pulled within one, but it just seems hard to win back to back victories when the first night was overtime.

This is a whole team loss right down to the coaching staff...
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:34 pm    Post subject:

^ Fatigue is not an excuse for 10 turnovers in one game, many of which are unforced. That’s just laughably awful for a point guard.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:34 pm    Post subject:

Westbrook's value to this lakers team will be in his ability to set up our shooters, rebound the ball, and break down the defense with a hard drive to the rim and a passoff to a cutter.

However, Westbrook insists on shooting the ball from distance. Westbrook is an effective player, but he is not a shooter, and whenever he shoots, he usually misses, resulting in a rebound for the opposing team . Essentially, his shot attempts equate to Laker turnovers.

Westbrook needs to commit to his strengths, and lay off his weaknesses. This is not a man who's going to shoot himself out of a slump, because he has no slump. He's not going to get any better. He'll have the occasional lucky game where he'll make a few, but this shouldn't fool him into thinking he's a shooter.
BotPoster24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:35 pm    Post subject:

I've always felt he was a floor raiser but might hinder the ceiling height when it matters most. He is best on ball but even then it is very sporadic. You need to be consistent if that's going to be your role in the league and you expect to win.

He'll get his numbers because he's too quick to not get some finishes at the rim and teams let him dribble into that mid range area where he takes a lot of those shots from.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:39 pm    Post subject:

Hell no, he doesn’t get a pass!

The man is one of the most inefficient overrated players in the league. And I felt that way before the trade, this is it an overreaction by this crappy performance tonight.

10 TOs? Critical misses from 3pt as a 13% shooter? Lackadaisical defense? Then gets upset when a young player breaks the “unwritten code” by celebrating a 26 point comeback.

Maybe a better option would be to show some efficiency and leadership and help your team win. Avoids being clowned by the OKC crowd and team if he does!

So frustrating
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:01 pm    Post subject:

No wonder KD left for GSW. KD was/is on a different level than Westbrook but was effectively the second option.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:03 pm    Post subject:

Is Russ typically this much of a "hothead"? He seems like he really wears his emotions on his sleeve and can lose it quickly
BotPoster24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:05 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Is Russ typically this much of a "hothead"? He seems like he really wears his emotions on his sleeve and can lose it quickly

He used to be my least favorite player to watch when he was playing the Lakers. His finger guns and yelling after he made a big basket always rubbed me the wrong way.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:13 pm    Post subject:

BotPoster24 wrote:
DrDent wrote:

He used to be my least favorite player to watch when he was playing the Lakers. His finger guns and yelling after he made a big basket always rubbed me the wrong way.

But he’ll get on someone else for showboating at the end of the game.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
WindyCityLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:22 pm    Post subject:

Zillethai wrote:
We want Lonzo

Lonzo would have hard capped us but this is better
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:27 pm    Post subject:

Useless triple dub
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:46 pm    Post subject:

Buddy with another great game.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:50 pm    Post subject:

Harden and Durant had a rough night too tonight. Maybe they suck now too. Or maybe the season is still young. I dunno.
BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:58 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:
LGFan wrote:
Roaches quiet yesterday and coming out tonight

I don’t care for this guy but u guys are pretty miserable

Meanwhile, Westbrook has one good game against a lottery team and you have someone talking about murals and being a bigger icon than Lebron lol

I didn't say bigger icon than LeBron. I said he is gonna be talked about in LA more than Bron, and I said if we win the championship. That is when murals would come.. I also said, give Russ the keys and I still believe that. So if you are gonna quote me, don't do it out of context. This is why another member be saying all kinds of out of context things involving me.

Keep your receipts for those paint cans from Home Depot my friend.

For all of you out there questioning Jimmer Fredette of BYU, he is the real deal. - Magic Johnson Mar 20, 2011
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:59 pm    Post subject:

This is part of the Russ experience y’all.

He played a piss poor game but honestly, this loss was on our terrible defense. Russ gambles alot, doesn’t contest like he should, but our team defense overall is atrocious and that all can’t go on him.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:32 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Useless triple dub

Actually the rare quadruple double. He had 10 TOs
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:48 pm    Post subject:

WindyCityLakerFan wrote:
Zillethai wrote:
We want Lonzo

Lonzo + Hield + some of the depth we have (like Nunn, THT, Bazemore and Rondo) would've been ideal, but if Lonzo would've hard capped us then just him wouldn't have worked.

Let's face it, upgrading last year's team without signing and trading DS was hard. Westbrook was our only option to reduce LeBron's workload, even given his weaknesses.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:57 pm    Post subject:

BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
This is part of the Russ experience y’all.

He played a piss poor game but honestly, this loss was on our terrible defense. Russ gambles alot, doesn’t contest like he should, but our team defense overall is atrocious and that all can’t go on him.

Sure the big thing everyone likes to talk about is if we kept AC and KCP and added Buddy would our defensive woes be erased?
Not too sure about that.

Shai hit like a hundred threes tonight and Giddey looked like an Aussie Luka Doncic against us.

It’s definitely our team collectively stinking it up on defense. It’s fixable imo but most of Lakersnation does not have the patience for the process.
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:20 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
WindyCityLakerFan wrote:
Zillethai wrote:
We want Lonzo

Lonzo + Hield + some of the depth we have (like Nunn, THT, Bazemore and Rondo) would've been ideal, but if Lonzo would've hard capped us then just him wouldn't have worked.

Let's face it, upgrading last year's team without signing and trading DS was hard. Westbrook was our only option to reduce LeBron's workload, even given his weaknesses.

People need to get over Lonzo because acquiring him this past offseason was a near impossibility.

The only way was through a sign and trade, which the pelicans wouldn't do with us for obvious reasons.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:05 am    Post subject:

One of the dumbest and least controlled players in NBA history. He cant control himself at all on the court. As a PG he should give a team some rhythm, to slow down when needed and to push when needed. All he knows is to run like brainless chicken and make mistake after mistake. Disgusting to watch.
And he is here because he is Lebron buddy. He would never be here if its not for friendships. Pathetic.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:25 am    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:
One of the dumbest and least controlled players in NBA history. He cant control himself at all on the court. As a PG he should give a team some rhythm, to slow down when needed and to push when needed. All he knows is to run like brainless chicken and make mistake after mistake. Disgusting to watch.
And he is here because he is Lebron buddy. He would never be here if its not for friendships. Pathetic.

So, when will we address the elephant in the room...Lebron, who is now officially fragile, keeps messing up the chemistry of the Lakers.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:50 am    Post subject:

I've never liked Russel Westbrook. Now that he's a Laker, I have to tolerate him.

So, I'll say this, again, RW can be an EFFECTIVE player for this Lakers team.

His effectiveness is measured by his discipline. He MUST play to his strengths (drive and kicks, setting up his teammates, aggressive rebounding) and not his weakness (shooting).

If you look at the game again, the Laker momentum changed to the negative when RW started shooting the ball from distances greater than 3 feet. Each one of these missed shots resulted in a rebound for the Thunder, who then took it the other way for a score. This seemed to inspire the Thunder, who then started to confidently step into and make a series of uncontested 3 pointers. It was during this stretch that our huge lead started to fall.

Either Rob, Vogel, or Lebron/Davis need to convince the hard-headed RW to stop attempting shots-from-distance, and focus on being a facilitator, and not a shooter, in this Lakers offense.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:53 am    Post subject:

troy wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:

So, when will we address the elephant in the room...Lebron, who is now officially fragile, keeps messing up the chemistry of the Lakers.

TBH I do not blame RW, LBJ or Vogel for this. I blame Pelinka because he allowed all this nonsense to happen. Bringing friends and etc. If he cannot sustain and control the situation than he needs to step down and give someone else this job. It is quite simple. Because I am sure that he knows that RW is not good fit for the team but he did it to make LBJ and AD happy. But what when losses starts to fall and LBJ becomes unhappy. I mean you have or you don't have ability to control situation. If you don't than bye.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 72, 73, 74 ... 424, 425, 426  Next
Page 73 of 426
Jump to: