Official RUSSELL WESTBROOK Thread (Traded to Utah)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 123, 124, 125 ... 424, 425, 426  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:27 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
He's definitely trending up and looks more comfortable out there... Last 5 games he's been really solid.

Last 5 games: 26.2 ppg / 9 rpg / 9 apg / 3.8 TO / 50.9 FG% / 36.7 3% / +22

He's an all-star level player. There's no question about it. If we can somehow find a rotation around the big 3 (and it can be a short one of 8 players) that can play defense, we will be a very good team. I don't think we can get higher than 3rd in the West, but the main issue to me seems to be the lack of consistency we get from players around the big 3, not the big 3 itself. It's weird how a large portion of the board is against one of the big 3. You have your Lebron hate, AD hate, WB hate. When I see them play, I see 3 players that are all-stars. It's very obvious. The rest of our guys around them though, are very inconsistent and don't provide enough D/3 point shooting. If Rob wants some love from me, he needs to go out and get some more defensive players that can hit some 3 pointers. We need that like a fish needs water.

Like I mean when your role guys go 5-27. How can one blame AD/Bron/WB? They can't force the role guys to make those shots. It's on them. Same way, they can't force Melo to defend, or Monk to play with a higher IQ, or others. It's really a talent thing IMO. We lack those KCP/Danny Green/Caruso types around the big 3. If we get even 2 of those 3 players, 2 of those kind of players, we would be the front runner to win it all, IMO. For every good thing the big 3 can do, we negate it with our inability to sustain shots from outside or play defense around them. This is really an issue that can only be fixed by Rob Pelinka.

THT, Nunn, Monk. Those are 3 young guys that should have some trade value around the league. If those 3 can not be dependable like Danny Green/KCP/Caruso were in their roles, we need to move them for at least 1 player like that. We don't need young guys with talent. We need consistent defensive role players that know where to take shots in the offense.

Some people were open to moving him for the corpse of Kevin Love and Ricky Rubio, everyone knows Westbrook is still getting used to this Lakers team and it shows with his process of getting better and better, he’s gonna be a force after the all star break once he settles in.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:34 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
He's definitely trending up and looks more comfortable out there... Last 5 games he's been really solid.

He's an all-star level player. There's no question about it. If we can somehow find a rotation around the big 3 (and it can be a short one of 8 players) that can play defense, we will be a very good team. I don't think we can get higher than 3rd in the West, but the main issue to me seems to be the lack of consistency we get from players around the big 3, not the big 3 itself. It's weird how a large portion of the board is against one of the big 3. You have your Lebron hate, AD hate, WB hate. When I see them play, I see 3 players that are all-stars. It's very obvious. The rest of our guys around them though, are very inconsistent and don't provide enough D/3 point shooting. If Rob wants some love from me, he needs to go out and get some more defensive players that can hit some 3 pointers. We need that like a fish needs water.

Like I mean when your role guys go 5-27. How can one blame AD/Bron/WB? They can't force the role guys to make those shots. It's on them. Same way, they can't force Melo to defend, or Monk to play with a higher IQ, or others. It's really a talent thing IMO. We lack those KCP/Danny Green/Caruso types around the big 3. If we get even 2 of those 3 players, 2 of those kind of players, we would be the front runner to win it all, IMO. For every good thing the big 3 can do, we negate it with our inability to sustain shots from outside or play defense around them. This is really an issue that can only be fixed by Rob Pelinka.

THT, Nunn, Monk. Those are 3 young guys that should have some trade value around the league. If those 3 can not be dependable like Danny Green/KCP/Caruso were in their roles, we need to move them for at least 1 player like that. We don't need young guys with talent. We need consistent defensive role players that know where to take shots in the offense.

Some people were open to moving him for the corpse of Kevin Love and Ricky Rubio, everyone knows Westbrook is still getting used to this Lakers team and it shows with his process of getting better and better, he’s gonna be a force after the all star break once he settles in.

Wow check out his 3 pt percentage. Do you think he can maintain it?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:37 pm    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

He’s definitely gonna lay out some stinkers in terms of 3pt shooting but he will be good enough to hover around the 33% mark which is fantastic for Westbrook, if he shot like 35-36% from 3 for the rest of the season the Lakers would be unbeatable.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:50 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

Reason I was pushing to bring in OPJ/Jeff Green/Iggy... If we would have landed 1 or 2 of those guys will be much better defensively... Those are long 3 and D guys. Iggy is more of a taller Rondo on the defensive side of the ball.

I honestly wished they offer MLE to Jeff green instead of NUNN. After saw what he did in the last playoffs, he would be so perfect for our team
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:52 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

Reason I was pushing to bring in OPJ/Jeff Green/Iggy... If we would have landed 1 or 2 of those guys will be much better defensively... Those are long 3 and D guys. Iggy is more of a taller Rondo on the defensive side of the ball.

I honestly wished they offer MLE to Jeff green instead of NUNN. After saw what he did in the last playoffs, he would be so perfect for our team

Jeff Green was pretty much Lebron's sidekick in 2018 and had multiple big games during that run. Thought he would be perfect fit next to AD/Lebron/Russ... AD/Lebron/Green/Ariza/Russ combo would have been really good imo.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:41 pm    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

If he will stop shooting at 3pt wings and just shoot in the corner and top of the key, he will maintain it.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:44 pm    Post subject:

If Westbrook if by some crazy miracle reason starts hitting 3’s at a more frequent rate, his trade value would sky rocket in a speed of light.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:35 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
If Westbrook if by some crazy miracle reason starts hitting 3’s at a more frequent rate, his trade value would sky rocket in a speed of light.

Not really, but his value to the team would.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:40 pm    Post subject:

Lakerz113 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

His value to the team is fitting in and figuring it out, that’s why he is the one who can make this situation dynamic for the Lakers, Ben Simmons or Lillard or any other top tier PG we would want in a Westbrook trade does not give us that lift that Westbrook can if he starts figuring it out, of course if by some reason it doesn’t work out you hope that the Blazers FO or the Sixers FO would value Westbrook enough that they trade there starting PG for him.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:44 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

His value to the team is fitting in and figuring it out, that’s why he is the one who can make this situation dynamic for the Lakers, Ben Simmons or Lillard or any other top tier PG we would want in a Westbrook trade does not give us that lift that Westbrook can if he starts figuring it out, of course if by some reason it doesn’t work out you hope that the Blazers FO or the Sixers FO would value Westbrook enough that they trade there starting PG for him.

Dreaming too big kid. Basically anyone who was taking on Westbrook’s salary would want multiple future picks, something the lakers don’t have.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:47 pm    Post subject:

Btw Lillard hasn’t looked all that Impressive since coming into the season, Ben Simmons hasn’t played since single handily preventing the Sixers from beating ATL in the playoffs, if you trade for him it better for a major haul.. i.e. Simmons/Green/Curry... it would be a huge risk trading a guy who brings effort almost in a nightly basis while some have questioned Simmons work ethic.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:50 pm    Post subject:

Lakerz113 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Dreaming too big kid. Basically anyone who was taking on Westbrook’s salary would want multiple future picks, something the lakers don’t have.

HA! Westbrook is playing at a all star level right now as mentioned by Wolfpaclaker I could careless if another team would want a major pick haul in a Westbrook trade if Westbrook and the Lakers figure it out it’s gonna be hard for teams to deal with the Lakers.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:54 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

HA! Westbrook is playing at a all star level right now as mentioned by Wolfpaclaker I could careless if another team would want a major pick haul in a Westbrook trade if Westbrook and the Lakers figure it out it’s gonna be hard for teams to deal with the Lakers.

He’s playing much better, I’m just pointing out the fact there isn’t a contending team in the nba that thinks he is the missing piece. The only teams that would even consider trading would be teams looking to take on his salary for picks.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:14 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

I suspect Westbrook will indeed be an All-Star level player this year. Since All Star level is a phrase that is used for players who aren't actually put on the all-star team.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:16 am    Post subject:

Alright...we know the Lakers were going after Lillard this off-season first, but eventually settled on Westbrook when the Trailblazers didn't want to do business. After the new rule changes, we see how Harden and Lillard have been hit hard by it. "Thus far" in the season, even with his slow start, Westbrook has been the better player.

Russell Westbrook
PPG 20.6
REB 8.4
AST 8.7
STL 1.3
BLK 0.2
TOV 4.7
Field Goal 44.6%
Three Point 31.3%
Free Throw 69.0%

Damian Lillard
PPG 22.0
REB 3.8
AST 7.9
STL 0.7
BLK 0.4
TOV 2.6
Field Goal 39.9%
Three Point 30.3%
Free Throw 90.9%

A 4th of the way through the season, Westbrook has turned out to be the better player this season thus far, and that's during his 'slow start'. So there's something positive. We'll see if it remains that way. Hope it does.

It's amazing that Westbrook is shooting better from three than Lillard this year so far, but no one expects that to last.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:37 am    Post subject:

MJST, it’s also debatable that Westbrook especially recently has looked better then Harden this season, Kyrie really is gonna end up screwing the Nets this year.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:53 am    Post subject:

Lillard and Harden will eventually pick it up but boy I really can’t believe how underappreciated Westbrook can be sometimes the fact that he is playing so well right now compared to other superstar level players says a lot about Westbrook as a player he has always been underappreciated and will continue to be underappreciated but no one can deny that Westbrook is a freaking beast when he’s engaged.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:39 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Alright...we know the Lakers were going after Lillard this off-season first, but eventually settled on Westbrook when the Trailblazers didn't want to do business. After the new rule changes, we see how Harden and Lillard have been hit hard by it. "Thus far" in the season, even with his slow start, Westbrook has been the better player.

Russell Westbrook
PPG 20.6
REB 8.4
AST 8.7
STL 1.3
BLK 0.2
TOV 4.7
Field Goal 44.6%
Three Point 31.3%
Free Throw 69.0%

Damian Lillard
PPG 22.0
REB 3.8
AST 7.9
STL 0.7
BLK 0.4
TOV 2.6
Field Goal 39.9%
Three Point 30.3%
Free Throw 90.9%

A 4th of the way through the season, Westbrook has turned out to be the better player this season thus far, and that's during his 'slow start'. So there's something positive. We'll see if it remains that way. Hope it does.

It's amazing that Westbrook is shooting better from three than Lillard this year so far, but no one expects that to last.

He can rely on Bron and AD to carry the team for stretches of games. And hopefully with that freedom he can maintain a level of efficiency we haven't seen from him before.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:50 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
MJST wrote:

Russell Westbrook
PPG 20.6
REB 8.4
AST 8.7
STL 1.3
BLK 0.2
TOV 4.7
Field Goal 44.6%
Three Point 31.3%
Free Throw 69.0%

Damian Lillard
PPG 22.0
REB 3.8
AST 7.9
STL 0.7
BLK 0.4
TOV 2.6
Field Goal 39.9%
Three Point 30.3%
Free Throw 90.9%

He can rely on Bron and AD to carry the team for stretches of games. And hopefully with that freedom he can maintain a level of efficiency we haven't seen from him before.

His efficiency would be through the roof if he stopped taking threes so much.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:53 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

I suspect Westbrook will indeed be an All-Star level player this year. Since All Star level is a phrase that is used for players who aren't actually put on the all-star team.

He's made the team many times, and has been a league MVP. There isn't a single thing he did welll in his MVP season or all-star selected season that he is still not doing well. What he doesn't do well, he has always not done well. It's not a sudden decline. We are getting exactly what we asked for or should have expected. He is not the problem with this team. Not even close. For the first 5-7 games he was an issue as he was figuring things out. Since then, he has been nothing short of our consistently best or 2nd best player. I don't know what games people watch, but if they think Russell Westbrook isn't a damn good player, they don't know basketball.

All that said, you can be a very good player and still not be the right fit or the right player for the team at that time. It remains to be seen if Westbrook is that guy. Jury is still out on this. But give me 2 3nD role players like Danny Green/KCP around AD/Bron/WB, and I place bets on the Lakers to be a WCF/NBA Finals team, at minimum.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:24 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

<snip>

I understand what you're saying but tens of times during the game his defender sags 6+ feet into the paint - usually shading towards AD - any normal dude would feel he's gotta chuck up a couple just to counter the disrespect and humiliation.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:51 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

Russell Westbrook
PPG 20.6
REB 8.4
AST 8.7
STL 1.3
BLK 0.2
TOV 4.7
Field Goal 44.6%
Three Point 31.3%
Free Throw 69.0%

Damian Lillard
PPG 22.0
REB 3.8
AST 7.9
STL 0.7
BLK 0.4
TOV 2.6
Field Goal 39.9%
Three Point 30.3%
Free Throw 90.9%

he would have Lillard's average if he can just hit 1-2 FTs more per game,
also while Westbrook is far from an elite defender, he is still better than Dame simply due to his size.
as much as AD looked soft this seaon, and struggled with his shot. he still puts up big numbers. if you take the Porland game (only played 7 minutes) out, his numbers are close to his personal best (minus the 3 point shooting). i believe Westbrook has a lot to do with that. the chemistry between the 2 is growing by day.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:53 am    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:
MJST wrote:

<snip>

I understand what you're saying but tens of times during the game his defender sags 6+ feet into the paint - usually shading towards AD - any normal dude would feel he's gotta chuck up a couple just to counter the disrespect and humiliation.

he really can't turn down the 3s like Simmons because it will only make the team do the same thing next trip down. he shoots corner 3s and top of the key 3s pretty well, and he is still a better shooter than Simmons...
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:06 pm    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:
MJST wrote:

<snip>

I don’t think he’s humiliated lol. They just know he can kill people in the paint if he has a step. He should definitely shoot them if it’s late in the clock. We don’t want to get a 24 second violation.
But I agree with MJST if it’s early in the shot clock.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:52 pm    Post subject:

Westbrook is effective when he rushes the rim or shoots the 15' off the backboard shot. His 3 is not auto but it's been clutch of late. Don't forget his rebounds and assists. I see a lot of posters accentuating the negatives, ignoring the positives. Other than Bron no one is consistent. It's gonna be a rocky season. Buckle Up

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 123, 124, 125 ... 424, 425, 426  Next
Page 124 of 426
Jump to: