Official RUSSELL WESTBROOK Thread (Traded to Utah)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 326, 327, 328 ... 424, 425, 426  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 6:55 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Interesting note from Windy on the Rich Eisen show.

Ham was setting a standard during the press conference for what he wants RW to do. Westbrook blamed the coaching staff for his year as his role wasn't spelled out. So now RW has heard what's expected of him this year already: defense and sacrifice. So if RW doesn't do those things, the Lakers can limit his time or bench him.

I don't know if it'll play out like that. But that is indeed an interesting take if true from the Ham/Lakers point of view.

They’ve been trying to trade him and can’t find a deal that doesn’t require 1 or more 1st rounders or bad deals. So they’re stuck. So of course Ham has basically already laid out what Vogel already expected from Russ and didn’t get. Russ is going to change all of a sudden?

The Lakers and Ham are saying all the right things as they should. Frank said the same stuff. Russ said the same stuff. He’s not going to change and is who he is. Can anyone name a player that fundamentally changed their game and turned all their weaknesses into positives in Year 15? Me neither.

AD said the right stuff, as did Lebron. None of the 3 followed through.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 6:59 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
epic_ wrote:

Ham was setting a standard during the press conference for what he wants RW to do. Westbrook blamed the coaching staff for his year as his role wasn't spelled out. So now RW has heard what's expected of him this year already: defense and sacrifice. So if RW doesn't do those things, the Lakers can limit his time or bench him.

I don't know if it'll play out like that. But that is indeed an interesting take if true from the Ham/Lakers point of view.

They’ve been trying to trade him and can’t find a deal that doesn’t require 1 or more 1st rounders or bad deals. So they’re stuck. So of course Ham has basically already laid out what Vogel already expected from Russ and didn’t get. Russ is going to change all of a sudden?

I get it bro. He won't change. Put it in your sig.

From Windy's take, if Rus doesn't change the Lakers have the out to limit minutes or bench. That's the part I'm interested in.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 7:00 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
ocho wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
epic_ wrote:

The Lakers and Ham are saying all the right things as they should. Frank said the same stuff. Russ said the same stuff. He’s not going to change and is who he is. Can anyone name a player that fundamentally changed their game and turned all their weaknesses into positives in Year 15? Me neither.

Unlike Russ, LBJ/AD earned the benefit of the doubt by winning a ring together. Russ is the one who was traded for several championship role players and balked at what was asked.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 7:01 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
epic_ wrote:

I get it bro. He won't change. Put it in your sig.

From Windy's take, if Rus doesn't change the Lakers have the out to limit minutes or bench. That's the part I'm interested in.

It’s really not news. We’re stuck with him. And this is going to be a major headache for Ham.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 7:01 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
ocho wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
epic_ wrote:

What?
You guys are wild.
They said: Let Russ be Russ.
That is not the right thing to say.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 7:03 pm    Post subject:

I don’t see any reason why Russ is on the floor. I would pay his ass to get fat cause he’s a net negative. He’s the worst man. Please!!
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 7:06 pm    Post subject:

kfkilla wrote:
I don’t see any reason why Russ is on the floor. I would pay his ass to get fat cause he’s a net negative. He’s the worst man. Please!!

I'd give him a chance to lead the unit when Bron sits
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 7:08 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
ocho wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
epic_ wrote:

Unlike Russ, LBJ/AD earned the benefit of the doubt by winning a ring together. Russ is the one who was traded for several championship role players and balked at what was asked.

No benefit of the doubt from me, their failure to follow through was part of last season’s dysfunction.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 7:19 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
ocho wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
epic_ wrote:

No benefit of the doubt from me, their failure to follow through was part of last season’s dysfunction.

From someone who didn’t even give Kobe his flowers when he was winning championships, I wouldn’t expect anything less from thee.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 7:26 pm    Post subject:

^ lol
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:51 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
kfkilla wrote:

I'd give him a chance to lead the unit when Bron sits

Which seems to be half of the season . Brodie can play all 82.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:48 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
ocho wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
epic_ wrote:

From someone who didn’t even give Kobe his flowers when he was winning championships, I wouldn’t expect anything less from thee.

Da_n dawg!!!
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:19 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Cranjis McBasketball

Westbrook's On-Ball Defense Dynamic grade the past 4 years, vs PGs w/1K+ MP in a season:

F
F
F
F

His Ball Screen Navigation this year was an F too. You can't stick him on-ball and expect results.

But off-ball he also doesn't rotate well & is small.

What can you do with him?
Ksig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:20 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
Quote:
Cranjis McBasketball

Westbrook's On-Ball Defense Dynamic grade the past 4 years, vs PGs w/1K+ MP in a season:

F
F
F
F

His Ball Screen Navigation this year was an F too. You can't stick him on-ball and expect results.

Im shocked
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:24 pm    Post subject:

Ksig wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
Quote:
Cranjis McBasketball

F
F
F
F

Im shocked

I wonder what his score was for just last year.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:27 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
ocho wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
epic_ wrote:

What?
You guys are wild.
They said: Let Russ be Russ.
That is not the right thing to say.

This right here is the truth the rest of y’all telling lies.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:30 pm    Post subject:

David Fisdale said that the big 3 can work. He said the problem with last season was AD was hurt. He said AD was needed most to make Russ fit in. He said the AD and Russ pick and roll was missing. But he thinks it could still work.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:39 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
David Fisdale said that the big 3 can work. He said the problem with last season was AD was hurt. He said AD was needed most to make Russ fit in. He said the AD and Russ pick and roll was missing. But he thinks it could still work.

He went what, 0-6 when Vogel had COVID.

And he's not being asked back by Ham.

So that's your source for who we should listen to?
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:42 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
ocho wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
epic_ wrote:

Elaborate on what they said and in turn didn't do? They chanted the mantra "let Russ be Russ" for the entire season and that's precisely what the team allowed to happen to their own detriment.

I'll be waiting.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:45 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:

David is out of the job. Let's not mention his name again. Or if someone like him thinks the big 3 could work, then we should definitely stay away from it. lol. But seriously, we had a few games at the beginning with the big 3 healthy, how did those go?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:46 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Car54 wrote:

David is out of the job. Let's not mention his name again. Or if someone like him thinks the big 3 could work, then we should definitely stay away from it. lol. But seriously, we had a few games at the beginning with the big 3 healthy, how did those go?

I will never forget how Russ's man never really defended him, and was basically fronting LBJ or AD in the post area. Just a menace to our team's spacing. I don't know how you can overcome his utter lack of gravity on the court.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:58 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
Quote:
Cranjis McBasketball

F
F
F
F

What can you do with him? You trade his ass back to Oklahoma.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:38 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:

Elaborate on what they said and in turn didn't do? They chanted the mantra "let Russ be Russ" for the entire season and that's precisely what the team allowed to happen to their own detriment.

I'll be waiting.

They said that the plan was for Russ to handle the ball, Lebron play off ball and for AD to play center. Only Lebron decided he liked playing with the ball in his hands and AD didn’t want to play center. Would things have worked if they stuck with the original plan? Who knows.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:56 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Car54 wrote:

He went what, 0-6 when Vogel had COVID.

And he's not being asked back by Ham.

So that's your source for who we should listen to?

And he stills knows more about ball than you do. So there’s that.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:40 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

I'll be waiting.

They said that the plan was for Russ to handle the ball, Lebron play off ball and for AD to play center. Only Lebron decided he liked playing with the ball in his hands and AD didn’t want to play center. Would things have worked if they stuck with the original plan? Who knows.

Come on dude, Russell's usage was 27% last year compared to 30% his Washington season. His usage dropped barely even a blip so let's not act like he was hamstrung without the ball in his hands. As for AD not wanting to play center? Well he might not have wanted it but he sure as hell was playing center for us when healthy.

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2022/4/20/23033921/anthony-davis-lakers-center-offseason-plan-frank-vogel-dwight-howard-deandre-jordan

"According to Cleaning the Glass, Davis played 76% of his 1,403 (non-garbage time) minutes at center this season. That represents by far the biggest percentage of his minutes in any one season of his career."
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 326, 327, 328 ... 424, 425, 426  Next
Page 327 of 426
Jump to: