Official RUSSELL WESTBROOK Thread (Traded to Utah)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 393, 394, 395 ... 424, 425, 426  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:37 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Quote:
Dave McMenamin
@mcten

The Lakers led by 9 heading into the 4th Q tonight. In the final frame, LAL shot 8-for-22 as a team, with LeBron James going 2-for-8, and the Pacers came back to win it, 116-115. Anthony Davis only took two shots in the 4th. L.A. is now 7-12.

Give AD the ball!!

Dennis and Walker also got 0 shots that fourth quarter. Russ went 3-6. Stu said it at the 9 min mark the ball and team stopped moving with the Lebron iso show where he held it and held and held it as the lead went from double digits to single. And they never recovered.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:39 pm    Post subject:

Dumbest player I have seen play in a long time
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:43 pm    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Quote:
Dave McMenamin
@mcten

The Lakers led by 9 heading into the 4th Q tonight. In the final frame, LAL shot 8-for-22 as a team, with LeBron James going 2-for-8, and the Pacers came back to win it, 116-115. Anthony Davis only took two shots in the 4th. L.A. is now 7-12.

Give AD the ball!!

Dennis and Walker also got 0 shots that fourth quarter. Russ went 3-6. Stu said it at the 9 min mark the ball and team stopped moving with the Lebron iso show where he held it and held and held it as the lead went from double digits to single. And they never recovered.

Stu also pointed out in several occasions that absolutely no one cuts or moves when Lebron has the ball. They just stand and watch. Lebron looks around sees nothing happening, then take matters into his own hands…

That used to work when he was younger, not anymore. The only guy our role players can just sit back and watch work is AD
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:50 pm    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Quote:
Dave McMenamin
@mcten

Give AD the ball!!

Stu also pointed out in several occasions that absolutely no one cuts or moves when Lebron has the ball. They just stand and watch. Lebron looks around sees nothing happening, then take matters into his own hands…

That used to work when he was younger, not anymore. The only guy our role players can just sit back and watch work is AD

People cut for AD though. They cut because AD hits them with the ball quick. And they mostly feed him because he has their back on defense. AD should have easily took some 3 second calls that fourth just to make Lebron get give him the damn ball and play off him .

You easily win the game if you just play AD, Reeves, Walker, Gabriel, Dennis for the fourth
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:57 pm    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:
Brawn13 wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Quote:
Dave McMenamin
@mcten

Give AD the ball!!

People cut for AD though. They cut because AD hits them with the ball quick. And they mostly feed him because he has their back on defense. AD should have easily took some 3 second calls that fourth just to make Lebron get give him the damn ball and play off him .

You easily win the game if you just play AD, Reeves, Walker, Gabriel, Dennis for the fourth

Part of the Davis passes to cutting teammates can be attributed to the continued double teams in recent games. It creates opportunities.

When was the last time you saw anyone double team WB or James?

Look at some of the assignments on James this season. Embarrassing.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:02 pm    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Quote:
Dave McMenamin
@mcten

Give AD the ball!!

Lebron has never been a great post up player not even in his younger days, he is just taking wild fadeaways at this point. He lacks proper footwork even posting up against smaller guys. Therefore, it is inexcusable for the other 4 players to stand around and watch.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:12 pm    Post subject:

Not sure what Russ was doing in there in the last possession. Blew his assignment and put the rest of the Lakers in a bad spot because he took himself out by selling out trying to recover.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:20 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Not sure what Russ was doing in there in the last possession. Blew his assignment and put the rest of the Lakers in a bad spot because he took himself out by selling out trying to recover.

His assignment was Mathurn, and he followed him all the way until AD asked him to cover Tuner which was already too late. After the pacers got the rebound, there was plenty of time for the Lakers to matchup and Reaves chose to double haliburn instead of covering the corner guy which was Buddy Hield. AD obviously can’t give up an open 3 to Buddy.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:09 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

His assignment was Mathurn, and he followed him all the way until AD asked him to cover Tuner which was already too late. After the pacers got the rebound, there was plenty of time for the Lakers to matchup and Reaves chose to double haliburn instead of covering the corner guy which was Buddy Hield. AD obviously can’t give up an open 3 to Buddy.

Look like they were playing the switch there and AD had the backside cover. Russ was suppose to stay on top and let Mathurin goes towards AD. Judging by AD’s action I dont think they were playing that straight man to man. Also Russ clearly sold out on that close out as he had no chance to block Turners shot. If he would have closed with his hands up. That ball bounces right into his hands because he would not took himself out of position.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:44 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

Look like they were playing the switch there and AD had the backside cover. Russ was suppose to stay on top and let Mathurin goes towards AD. Judging by AD’s action I dont think they were playing that straight man to man. Also Russ clearly sold out on that close out as he had no chance to block Turners shot. If he would have closed with his hands up. That ball bounces right into his hands because he would not took himself out of position.

We would never know what defense they setup, but still no reason for Reaves to not get back to his man after the rebound and went to double haliburn
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:16 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

We would never know what defense they setup, but still no reason for Reaves to not get back to his man after the rebound and went to double haliburn

Yea we dont know what was called there, but it was obvious there was confusion between Russ and AD on what coverage was called. But that whole scenario was the reason we were in scrambled mode situation.

Still dont know why Ham had Russ and Schro out there together for a crucial defensive stop. Thought he should have used Walker/TBJ or Gabriel who were much longer defensive players.
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:44 am    Post subject:

I am very happy with his turnaround this season. I am happy he has embraced the role off the bench.

That being said, I am tired of the constant boasting when he does well. He is a former MVP and should act like he has been there instead of pissing off the other squad.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:02 am    Post subject:

40-31-72 off the bench with 4 turn overs in only 28 minutes

I will be glad when that 47 million is gone
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:58 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Brawn13 wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Quote:
Dave McMenamin
@mcten

Give AD the ball!!

Lebron has never been a great post up player not even in his younger days, he is just taking wild fadeaways at this point. He lacks proper footwork even posting up against smaller guys. Therefore, it is inexcusable for the other 4 players to stand around and watch.

Sounds like the coach shoulda talk this over and manage the offense? like call a timeout? We watching the sinking ship from a burner screen... why just watch it from the cockpit?
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:34 am    Post subject:

rock0100 wrote:
I am very happy with his turnaround this season. I am happy he has embraced the role off the bench.

That being said, I am tired of the constant boasting when he does well. He is a former MVP and should act like he has been there instead of pissing off the other squad.

This is silly. He pumps the team up. The arena. All losses are team losses but this wasn’t on him. I feel bad for Russ and AD. They are holding their end of the bargain up. Unfortunately not much we can do with 50m allocated to one guy for 3 more years.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:52 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
rock0100 wrote:

This is silly. He pumps the team up. The arena. All losses are team losses but this wasn’t on him. I feel bad for Russ and AD. They are holding their end of the bargain up. Unfortunately not much we can do with 50m allocated to one guy for 3 more years.

The record speaks for itself. IMO no one, on this team, has totally held up their end of the bargain consistently, from the FO on down.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:57 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Halflife wrote:
rock0100 wrote:

The record speaks for itself. IMO no one, on this team, has totally held up their end of the bargain consistently, from the FO on down.

Disagree. AD is playing like a top talent and is elite defensively. Russ is one of the best sixth men, regardless of salary. Hamm has to get some credit for both of those. The finger points at 2 people. Rob and bron. No one else.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:07 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Halflife wrote:
rock0100 wrote:

Disagree. AD is playing like a top talent and is elite defensively. Russ is one of the best sixth men, regardless of salary. Hamm has to get some credit for both of those. The finger points at 2 people. Rob and bron. No one else.

I started to say that AD has played well since coming back from his injury. My only issue with him is that he does not DEMAND the ball in crunch-time.
Pointing fingers only leads to arguments and dissension, Everybody in the organization is to blame & has to take ownership of this clusterf... before we can move forward.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:28 am    Post subject:

Russ is a great sixth man in the sense that he puts up numbers and is a story because he accepted it. If he’s still a low efficiency chucker who gets a lot of assists dominating the ball but who tends to make a lot of bad decisions and more of them as you you get into crunch time. And he’s back to playing poor defense a lot
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:47 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Russ is a great sixth man in the sense that he puts up numbers and is a story because he accepted it. If he’s still a low efficiency chucker who gets a lot of assists dominating the ball but who tends to make a lot of bad decisions and more of them as you you get into crunch time. And he’s back to playing poor defense a lot

On a good team, he's not going to get more than 25 mpg. At best. 2 stints, one each half. If he gets hot, he's going to stay in longer. This is the right role for him to stay in the NBA. He will get another job next year, probably at 10-15M a year. However I can't see any good team view him as core player who closes games. He will be viewed as a quality off the bench player, who can start when there's injuries to the stars.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:00 am    Post subject:

Just found out he's made the NBA 75 list. I guess I can't really fault Pelinka for trading for him because there's a lot more delusional people out there just like him. They should burn that list and make a new one. Is the list revisable or is it permanent?
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:49 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Just found out he's made the NBA 75 list. I guess I can't really fault Pelinka for trading for him because there's a lot more delusional people out there just like him. They should burn that list and make a new one. Is the list revisable or is it permanent?

why would people have issues with him making the NBA 75 list? he might be a loser, but he put up great stats and is a former MVP. there is a lot of losers on that list too. don't have to judge him based on how he is playing and that list was for what he had done in his prime.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:26 pm    Post subject:

Better than Pat.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:34 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Better than Pat.

Wish he was getting paid like Pat
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:46 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Better than Pat.

Wish he was getting paid like Pat

I wish.
Pat money, while coming off the bench would be a good deal
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 393, 394, 395 ... 424, 425, 426  Next
Page 394 of 426
Jump to: