Official RUSSELL WESTBROOK Thread (Traded to Utah)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 395, 396, 397 ... 424, 425, 426  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:46 pm    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
MJST wrote:
If Westbrook keeps up this play and agreed to come back on an 18M a year deal to come off the bench for us after this season. Would you say yes?

Nah... can't tie that much on someone coming off the bench when cap space would only be around $35mil. If WB could produce while starting that would be a different story. Walker and Reev3s would take priority along with another starter at either C, PF, or SF whichever position not occupied by AD/LBJ.

For next year my wish list is that Bryant/Gabriel/TBjr come back for 2-year vet min. I'd offer the 2nd year player option to give them incentive to take it. Sign Turner for $20mil then WB/Schroeder split what's left of the cap approx $7mil each. ntpMLE to sign Walker $10mil, BAE for Reev3s $4mil. Wish, dream, pipe...I know lol!

2023 TEAM
Turner Bryant Jones
AD Gabriel Swider
LBJ TBjr StanleyJohnson
Walker Reev3s Christie
Schroeder WB PippenJR

Would not give turner 20 mil per year, this guy is not right mentally and this is his contract year which he has been just ok. I’d rather spend on kuzma if the money is the same. Wenyen and TB have been more than capable to fill the backup roles.

I feel ya, plus there is a lot of synergy with the team right now having AD at the 5, it we are committing to that then I wouldn't mind a starting PF/SF instead of Turner to go with AD/LBJ...Kuzma would be a good reclamation.

If Russ can stay for 12 mil -15 mil, I’d take him. 18 is a little stretch. We are quite dependent on him and Bron making plays for the big guys
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:59 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
MJST wrote:
If Westbrook keeps up this play and agreed to come back on an 18M a year deal to come off the bench for us after this season. Would you say yes?

Nah... can't tie that much on someone coming off the bench when cap space would only be around $35mil. If WB could produce while starting that would be a different story. Walker and Reev3s would take priority along with another starter at either C, PF, or SF whichever position not occupied by AD/LBJ.

For next year my wish list is that Bryant/Gabriel/TBjr come back for 2-year vet min. I'd offer the 2nd year player option to give them incentive to take it. Sign Turner for $20mil then WB/Schroeder split what's left of the cap approx $7mil each. ntpMLE to sign Walker $10mil, BAE for Reev3s $4mil. Wish, dream, pipe...I know lol!

2023 TEAM
Turner Bryant Jones
AD Gabriel Swider
LBJ TBjr StanleyJohnson
Walker Reev3s Christie
Schroeder WB PippenJR

Would not give turner 20 mil per year, this guy is not right mentally and this is his contract year which he has been just ok. I’d rather spend on kuzma if the money is the same. Wenyen and TB have been more than capable to fill the backup roles.

I feel ya, plus there is a lot of synergy with the team right now having AD at the 5, it we are committing to that then I wouldn't mind a starting PF/SF instead of Turner to go with AD/LBJ...Kuzma would be a good reclamation.

If Russ can stay for 12 mil -15 mil, I’d take him. 18 is a little stretch. We are quite dependent on him and Bron making plays for the big guys

Still a bit high at 12 mil -15 mil though I would like Russ back. We need Russ/Schroeder and a Starting C or PF or SF...so maybe Russ/Schroeder take $10mil each and someone like Oubre takes $15mil for the total $35mil cap space. Keep Walker/Reev3s with exceptions and Bryant/Gabriel/TBjr with vet mins.

AD Bryant
LBJ Gabriel
Oubre TBjr
Walker Reev3s
Schroeder WB
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:08 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
MJST wrote:

2023 TEAM
Turner Bryant Jones
AD Gabriel Swider
LBJ TBjr StanleyJohnson
Walker Reev3s Christie
Schroeder WB PippenJR

Still a bit high at 12 mil -15 mil though I would like Russ back. We need Russ/Schroeder and a Starting C or PF or SF...so maybe Russ/Schroeder take $10mil each and someone like Oubre takes $15mil for the total $35mil cap space. Keep Walker/Reev3s with exceptions and Bryant/Gabriel/TBjr with vet mins.

AD Bryant
LBJ Gabriel
Oubre TBjr
Walker Reev3s
Schroeder WB

Nobody is paying DS 10 mil.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:17 pm    Post subject:

Best game from him I've seen since his MVP days. No hyperbole. Just a phenomenal effort.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:26 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
Best game from him I've seen since his MVP days. No hyperbole. Just a phenomenal effort.

It’s really amazing that he had a lot of assists but 0 turnovers if this was last year he probably has 5 or 6, amazing transformation from last year, Ham really is helping him this year get his head on right something Vogel couldn’t do.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:31 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
MJST wrote:

2023 TEAM
Turner Bryant Jones
AD Gabriel Swider
LBJ TBjr StanleyJohnson
Walker Reev3s Christie
Schroeder WB PippenJR

AD Bryant
LBJ Gabriel
Oubre TBjr
Walker Reev3s
Schroeder WB

Maybe not...just brainstorming on how to keep everyone. Logically the back-up shouldn't make more than the starter which is what I was thinking. No one would have thought DS would be a starter over WB either (awhile ago, not recently). Maybe WB can get back to a starting role and we can sign Schroeder for 5mil-8mil or so and give Russ 12mil - 15mil...that would still allow 15mil for another starter.

AD Bryant
LBJ Gabriel
Oubre TBjr
Walker Reev3s
Westbrook Schroeder
aiel
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:24 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

Yes, people get too hung up on starter vs bench. His play now (Ham's get the credit) fits Davis' game and if you're serious about building around Anthony then you need to keep Russ. Or if you trade Westbrook, you better get someone with similar passing skills because Dennis is not the answer.

In his pelican days, Davis had Rondo and then Holiday, and both were very good at penetrating and setting him up for point-blank range shots and dunks, kind of what Russ is doing now. With Davis it is all about confidence, get him easy shots, and then the jumper will fall.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:30 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
MJST wrote:

2023 TEAM
Turner Bryant Jones
AD Gabriel Swider
LBJ TBjr StanleyJohnson
Walker Reev3s Christie
Schroeder WB PippenJR

AD Bryant
LBJ Gabriel
Oubre TBjr
Walker Reev3s
Schroeder WB

Maybe not...just brainstorming on how to keep everyone. Logically the back-up shouldn't make more than the starter which is what I was thinking. No one would have thought DS would be a starter over WB either (awhile ago, not recently). Maybe WB can get back to a starting role and we can sign Schroeder for 5mil-8mil or so and give Russ 12mil - 15mil...that would still allow 15mil for another starter.

AD Bryant
LBJ Gabriel
Oubre TBjr
Walker Reev3s
Westbrook Schroeder

We won’t have that much space since we have to resign reaves,
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:04 am    Post subject:

Show me one player off the bench that's making 18mil.

If he comes back at 10-12 I am fine...
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:29 am    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:

There is a lot of players making 18 mil or more coming off the bench, brogdan, lot of clipper players, etc
18 mil will look like nothing when the cap jumps again.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:51 am    Post subject:

I feel like Russ showed today he really likes playing for Ham. A win in Milwaukee meant something to him, and Russ was high effort all game, including diving for a lose ball to help ice the game.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:10 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:

There is a lot of players making 18 mil or more coming off the bench, brogdan, lot of clipper players, etc
18 mil will look like nothing when the cap jumps again.

Gray Trent
Christian Wood

which begs the question, any team would take WB at more than MLE? cause as a MLE $ 6th man, he not bad at all
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:42 am    Post subject:

Trade him now that value is high! I’m not falling for a season and 10 games of horrible vs 10 games of good
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:48 am    Post subject:

textbook wrote:
Trade him now that value is high! I’m not falling for a season and 10 games of horrible vs 10 games of good

I'm not sure his value is high even with his good games, his $47.1m is a lot but as a 2nd unit guy, he's been playing well
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:59 am    Post subject:

Quote:
StatMuse: Russell Westbrook has 0 turnovers in 2 straight games. The first time that’s ever happened in his career.

Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:07 am    Post subject:

textbook wrote:

I’m sure if there is a deal they would. This is how I feel about AD. Playing great but with 50 m allocated to bron the next two years getting as many assets for Russ and AD should be looked at.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:54 am    Post subject:

The benefit is that Ham runs a style that benefits both Westbrook and Davis, and them getting the time to play together seems to have gotten Westbrook the temperature of that style and his team and has been implemented into what they are currently doing.

Even in games when Westbrook's field goal percentage is low he seems to have a grip on what Ham wants him to do and shocker has an established role on the team, which is something Vogel never gave him.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:06 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
The benefit is that Ham runs a style that benefits both Westbrook and Davis, and them getting the time to play together seems to have gotten Westbrook the temperature of that style and his team and has been implemented into what they are currently doing.

Even in games when Westbrook's field goal percentage is low he seems to have a grip on what Ham wants him to do and shocker has an established role on the team, which is something Vogel never gave him.

FG% is low, but he is taking less shots in general, even less than last season. Good signs
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:08 pm    Post subject:

textbook wrote:

What value? He would make tanking teams better, and contending teams have no way of trading for his contract. His value doesn’t change at all whether he plays good or bad. We pay picks + Russ for players from the other team. You think the pacers would take 1 less pick because he plays well? No way
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:17 pm    Post subject:

Russ has been showing a great attitude. That really matters, the energy he is showing off the bench and the GREAT passing he is showing - damn, have to give the man his due.

His defense is still questionable and I'd move him in a heart beat if we can upgrade the roster, but let's be honest no doubt he has been playing very very very well.
JamezAmp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:40 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
Quote:
StatMuse: Russell Westbrook has 0 turnovers in 2 straight games. The first time that’s ever happened in his career.

Lol damn
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:21 am    Post subject:

id keep him tbh, along with LWIV, Brown, Bryant and Reaves. Gabriel and Schröder are also nice to have and id like them to stay, but theyre replacable. Beverley, Jones, Nunn, Toscano can go

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:17 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
textbook wrote:

What value? He would make tanking teams better, and contending teams have no way of trading for his contract. His value doesn’t change at all whether he plays good or bad. We pay picks + Russ for players from the other team. You think the pacers would take 1 less pick because he plays well? No way

This. Everyone here is too delusional about Brick. Maybe Pelinka would fall for the Brick value but not other GM. Our best bet is to just play him and "hope" that he continues to play well. People are too excited over a couple of games and they've forgotten about his past two years.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:25 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
textbook wrote:

This. Everyone here is too delusional about Brick. Maybe Pelinka would fall for the Brick value but not other GM. Our best bet is to just play him and "hope" that he continues to play well. People are too excited over a couple of games and they've forgotten about his past two years.

This is about 90% correct. The other 10% is that Westbrook has progressed to the point at which he would not be an automatic buyout for another team. They could actually play him off the bench and not take away all of the playing time from whatever young players they are trying to develop. He is projecting a positive attitude. This is relevant because an automatic buyout would be a hard sell to most owners and season ticket holders. As the balance due on his contract goes down, he will become easier to trade.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:10 am    Post subject:

Playing like he always has. Difference is its off the bench and less minutes.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 395, 396, 397 ... 424, 425, 426  Next
Page 396 of 426
Jump to: