Official RUSSELL WESTBROOK Thread (Traded to Utah)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 398, 399, 400 ... 424, 425, 426  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:22 am    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
GOODRICH25 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Russ had 15 assists tonight.

10 of those assists were to AD. Thats the most assists from one player to another in NBA HISTORY. #LakeShow

thats crazy. you know there is like 200(?) 20+ assist games in NBA History, and none were 10 to one single player before.

Surprising the infamous Van Exel 23 assist game wasnt mostly to Shaq. Who was quick going to pass to? Eddie Jones?

What about that Shaq PG in orlando with 30+ asts, Skiles?
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:33 am    Post subject:

GOODRICH25 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Russ had 15 assists tonight.

10 of those assists were to AD. Thats the most assists from one player to another in NBA HISTORY. #LakeShow

thats crazy. you know there is like 200(?) 20+ assist games in NBA History, and none were 10 to one single player before.

for all of his flaws, Russ has always worked well with bigs. Even Thomas Bryant. With the small sample size of their time in Washington, TB played his best.
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:22 pm    Post subject:

He plays well with bigs that move w/o the ball, and have good hands. TB and AD both fit the bill. It's great to see the connection and I think it also helps the bigs stay motivated and ACTIVE as a result.
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:22 pm    Post subject:

He plays well with bigs that move w/o the ball, and have good hands. TB and AD both fit the bill. It's great to see the connection and I think it also helps the bigs stay motivated and ACTIVE as a result.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:40 pm    Post subject:

I hate his stupid sss antics
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:00 pm    Post subject:

His scoring has been really bad for awhile now. But, that has been offset by how well he’s been feeding AD.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:56 am    Post subject:

lakez34 wrote:

also shooters that can make open 3s, unfortunately we don't have consistent shooters...
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:54 am    Post subject:

Lol at Russ when Nunn pump fakes the three
https://twitter.com/RichStapless/status/1600546936435752972
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:57 am    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
Lol at Russ when Nunn pump fakes the three
https://twitter.com/RichStapless/status/1600546936435752972

he was all of us at that moment, and Nunn actually pump faked again when he caught it , and then proceed to take a highly contested 3, lol
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:42 pm    Post subject:

Russ doesn't know the meaning of subtlety
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:48 pm    Post subject:

Someone actually tracked Russ's "rock the baby" move with the Lakers W-L record. Russ has done it 8 times, and the Lakers are now 1-7 when he does it.

Ham...gotta tell Russ to wait until we have the game won before he does it!
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:20 pm    Post subject:

Countdown to April 10th. I feel like two years of my life has been ruined watching this guy play. lol. Well, I don't want to watch him but I watch the Lakers so I have to watch him. Good riddance, Brick.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:28 pm    Post subject:

Well Westbrook didn't help his trade value tonight at all... Hope he didn't tank his play.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:40 pm    Post subject:

Wasn’t his best game but he had his moments. Pressed offensively
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:45 pm    Post subject:

I (bleep) hate it when Russ decides to shoot it himself. He’s been at his best for us creating for others. Him deciding to shoot a pull up jumper is so flicking stupid, and he can’t stop himself from doing it.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:46 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
I (bleep) hate it when Russ decides to shoot it himself. He’s been at his best for us creating for others. Him deciding to shoot a pull up jumper is so flicking stupid, and he can’t stop himself from doing it.

Eh. He wasn’t the problem. He helped in a lot of ways.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:49 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:

They left him open for a reason, sometimes he had to take it, sometimes he could pass, but I don’t know what he can create with the shot clock down. Wasn’t great tonight, but I think Lebron and the refs were the main reason
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:50 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Well Westbrook didn't help his trade value tonight at all... Hope he didn't tank his play.

He has no trade value other than his contract, so it really doesn’t effect it one way or another
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:02 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

Umm no…Him and Lebron were equally terrible tonight
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:45 pm    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

Umm no…Him and Lebron were equally terrible tonight

Gotta love Russ turning in to Simmons at the end there passing up a layup.

Lakers did enough in the regulation and should have won this game.

I understand the bad showing in OT... Whole team was spent after climbing back that deep of a hole in the 4th.
ArminNBA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:17 pm    Post subject:

I’m greatly appreciating Russ’ playmaking and passing off the bench. I genuinely believe he provides an essential jolt for the offense and has great chemistry with the bigs. He comes in off the bench and ramps up the pace at points in the game where it’s effective.

HOWEVER.

Russ is terrible in the 4th. He is just addicted to the most untimely turnovers. He’s a poor shooter. And he’s a subpar defender. When the game slows down in the 4th, his greatest asset (pace and playmaking) disappears.

This is not a player who should be closing games or playing in OT. Russ is only playing in crunch time because of his name and contract.

For Darvin Ham to maximize this team’s potential, he needs to realize that Russ can’t play in the final 6 minutes of the game. Continue to bring Russ off the bench to provide that spark and even play him to start the 4th when the opposing team’s best players are typically resting. But there’s no way he should be closing games. It’s malpractice.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:19 pm    Post subject:

ArminNBA wrote:
I’m greatly appreciating Russ’ playmaking and passing off the bench. I genuinely believe he provides an essential jolt for the offense and has great chemistry with the bigs. He comes in off the bench and ramps up the pace at points in the game where it’s effective.

HOWEVER.

Russ is terrible in the 4th. He is just addicted to the most untimely turnovers. He’s a poor shooter. And he’s a subpar defender. When the game slows down in the 4th, his greatest asset (pace and playmaking) disappears.

This is not a player who should be closing games or playing in OT. Russ is only playing in crunch time because of his name and contract.

For Darvin Ham to maximize this team’s potential, he needs to realize that Russ can’t play in the final 6 minutes of the game. Continue to bring Russ off the bench to provide that spark and even play him to start the 4th when the opposing team’s best players are typically resting. But there’s no way he should be closing games. It’s malpractice.

Maybe. But the reality is we are under 500. We aren’t good beyond AD
ArminNBA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:27 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
ArminNBA wrote:

HOWEVER.

Sure, maximizing this team’s potential isn’t saying much. I believe this team could be a bit over .500 (maybe 42-45 wins). But Russ has already cost this team at least three close games. All the good he provides coming off the bench in the first half and the 3rd is mitigated by his sabotaging of the 4th. If the Lakers keep repeating this mistake, they’ll turn a play-in team into a definitive lottery team.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:33 pm    Post subject:

ArminNBA wrote:
Halflife wrote:
ArminNBA wrote:

HOWEVER.

Sure, maximizing this team’s potential isn’t saying much. I believe this team could be a bit over .500 (maybe 42-45 wins). But Russ has already cost this team at least three close games. All the good he provides coming off the bench in the first half and the 3rd is mitigated by his sabotaging of the 4th. If the Lakers keep repeating this mistake, they’ll turn a play-in team into a definitive lottery team.

Belief is great. Reality is better. We have been a lottery team 3 of the last 4 years.
ArminNBA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2022 11:29 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
ArminNBA wrote:
Halflife wrote:
ArminNBA wrote:

HOWEVER.

Belief is great. Reality is better. We have been a lottery team 3 of the last 4 years.

Fair enough. To your point, play-in may still be lottery (and play-in is the ceiling on this team in my view). And seeing as Westbrook is locked into his crunch time spot, this team is likely destined to go straight to the lottery without the play-in opportunity.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 398, 399, 400 ... 424, 425, 426  Next
Page 399 of 426
Jump to: