Official RUSSELL WESTBROOK Thread (Traded to Utah)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 327, 328, 329 ... 424, 425, 426  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:59 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

Elaborate on what they said and in turn didn't do? They chanted the mantra "let Russ be Russ" for the entire season and that's precisely what the team allowed to happen to their own detriment.

I'll be waiting.

They said that the plan was for Russ to handle the ball, Lebron play off ball and for AD to play center. Only Lebron decided he liked playing with the ball in his hands and AD didn’t want to play center. Would things have worked if they stuck with the original plan? Who knows.

Come on dude, Russell's usage was 27% last year compared to 30% his Washington season. His usage dropped barely even a blip so let's not act like he was hamstrung without the ball in his hands. As for AD not wanting to play center? Well he might not have wanted it but he sure as hell was playing center for us when healthy.

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2022/4/20/23033921/anthony-davis-lakers-center-offseason-plan-frank-vogel-dwight-howard-deandre-jordan

"According to Cleaning the Glass, Davis played 76% of his 1,403 (non-garbage time) minutes at center this season. That represents by far the biggest percentage of his minutes in any one season of his career."

Sorry for mentioning this on the RW thread, but yea, that narrative just needs to die. Even the media heads talk about AD not wanting to play Center and they totally miss reality. Just like you said, he may not want to play center, but he still plays it.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:46 am    Post subject:

So could a Westbrook trade get executed right now even though he hasn’t opt in on his 47M deal? I’m curious because I think their is gonna be so much wheeling and dealing on draft day that someone will decide to make a move for him as long as it’s fair for both sides...
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:15 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
So could a Westbrook trade get executed right now even though he hasn’t opt in on his 47M deal? I’m curious because I think their is gonna be so much wheeling and dealing on draft day that someone will decide to make a move for him as long as it’s fair for both sides...

Get outta with that trade nonsense. Y’all think he’s trash so why would anyone want him for 47 mill without us giving up two first? He’s gonna be with the team at least to start the season.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:28 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Get outta with that trade nonsense. Y’all think he’s trash so why would anyone want him for 47 mill without us giving up two first? He’s gonna be with the team at least to start the season.

He isn’t trash he’s full of himself and isn’t a good fit and the L.A. bright lights makes him think he’s better then who he really is.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:48 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

He isn’t trash he’s full of himself and isn’t a good fit and the L.A. bright lights makes him think he’s better then who he really is.

Prove to us he's a bad fit.
But for real, what are ways to make him a good fit for us or any team?
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Ksig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:26 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Make him the #1 option who handles the ball 100% of the time hes on the court.

But alas a team with Russ as the #1 option isnt going very far.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:29 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

Elaborate on what they said and in turn didn't do? They chanted the mantra "let Russ be Russ" for the entire season and that's precisely what the team allowed to happen to their own detriment.

I'll be waiting.

They said that the plan was for Russ to handle the ball, Lebron play off ball and for AD to play center. Only Lebron decided he liked playing with the ball in his hands and AD didn’t want to play center. Would things have worked if they stuck with the original plan? Who knows.

Come on dude, Russell's usage was 27% last year compared to 30% his Washington season. His usage dropped barely even a blip so let's not act like he was hamstrung without the ball in his hands. As for AD not wanting to play center? Well he might not have wanted it but he sure as hell was playing center for us when healthy.

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2022/4/20/23033921/anthony-davis-lakers-center-offseason-plan-frank-vogel-dwight-howard-deandre-jordan

"According to Cleaning the Glass, Davis played 76% of his 1,403 (non-garbage time) minutes at center this season. That represents by far the biggest percentage of his minutes in any one season of his career."

Sorry for mentioning this on the RW thread, but yea, that narrative just needs to die. Even the media heads talk about AD not wanting to play Center and they totally miss reality. Just like you said, he may not want to play center, but he still plays it.

That's probably why he's shooting so poorly. He doesn't have his legs since he's defending the post.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:29 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Russ thrives with Bigs who roll to the basket and 3 pt shooters, He also thrives with athletic wings who run

AD is that Big
Lebron is a capable shooter
These are professional Ball players the fit there but is any of them willing to do the work? Before you say it no I don't expect Russ to run an offense for the full game and have Lebron be a spot up shooter. If we're capable of making a high light reel with those guys we're capable of having an offense that fits those guys strengths

Getting stops on defense like Ham said is a start
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:05 pm    Post subject:

Code:
GP....MIN....ORTG....DRTG....NET.......Lineup
14....068....099.4....086.8....+12.5...Russ|AD|Melo|AB|Monk
07....053....111.2....100.0....+11.2...Russ|AD|Melo|AB|THT
10....075....118.0....108.0....+10.0...Russ|James|Stan|AR|Monk
12....089....112.9....113.5....+09.4...Russ|James|Stan|AB|Monk
05....042....109.2....107.9....+01.3...Russ|James|AD|AB|THT
14....062....108.3....112.8....-04.4...Russ|James|Melo|AR|Monk
04....047....098.1....112.3....-14.2...Russ|James|AD|DJ|Baze
04....043....096.6....112.5....-15.9...Russ|James|DH|Ariza|AB
08....057....100.9....119.8....-19.0...Russ|AD|Stan|AB|Monk

These are 5-man Westbrook lineups that played over 40 minutes. So many samples. It's so sad that a starting lineup didn't even reach 100 minutes together.

But just from this I notice a couple of things:

1. Best 4 lineups have either AD or James, but not both. When all 3 play, the lineup is very neutral to negative.
2. Jordan and Howard were horrible with WB.
3. Melo should never play center, or never play with James as the 2 bigs.

Seems like bringing Russ off the bench when one of AD or James sits seems like the way to go.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:12 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Russ thrives with Bigs who roll to the basket and 3 pt shooters, He also thrives with athletic wings who run

AD is that Big
These are professional Ball players the fit there but is any of them willing to do the work? Before you say it no I don't expect Russ to run an offense for the full game and have Lebron be a spot up shooter. If we're capable of making a high light reel with those guys we're capable of having an offense that fits those guys strengths

They'll have to definitely play differently next year, because whatever they did this year, was not good enough.

Re: that Houston game (link 1), Westbrook, AD and James played 19 minutes together that game. They had a net rating of 0.0. That's just unacceptable against a squad like this year's Rockets.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:29 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Car54 wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

AD is that Big

They'll have to definitely play differently next year, because whatever they did this year, was not good enough.

Re: that Houston game (link 1), Westbrook, AD and James played 19 minutes together that game. They had a net rating of 0.0. That's just unacceptable against a squad like this year's Rockets.

who were the other 2 players who shared the floor with them?
I believe they should be staggered as much as possible.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:31 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Code:
GP....MIN....ORTG....DRTG....NET.......Lineup
14....068....099.4....086.8....+12.5...Russ|AD|Melo|AB|Monk
07....053....111.2....100.0....+11.2...Russ|AD|Melo|AB|THT
10....075....118.0....108.0....+10.0...Russ|James|Stan|AR|Monk
12....089....112.9....113.5....+09.4...Russ|James|Stan|AB|Monk
05....042....109.2....107.9....+01.3...Russ|James|AD|AB|THT
14....062....108.3....112.8....-04.4...Russ|James|Melo|AR|Monk
04....047....098.1....112.3....-14.2...Russ|James|AD|DJ|Baze
04....043....096.6....112.5....-15.9...Russ|James|DH|Ariza|AB
08....057....100.9....119.8....-19.0...Russ|AD|Stan|AB|Monk

These are 5-man Westbrook lineups that played over 40 minutes. So many samples. It's so sad that a starting lineup didn't even reach 100 minutes together.

But just from this I notice a couple of things:

1. Best 4 lineups have either AD or James, but not both. When all 3 play, the lineup is very neutral to negative.
2. Jordan and Howard were horrible with WB.
3. Melo should never play center, or never play with James as the 2 bigs.

Seems like bringing Russ off the bench when one of AD or James sits seems like the way to go.

Jordan was horrible period and he knew he would be before we got him.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:39 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Car54 wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

AD is that Big

There were 4 lineups:

Code:
MIN.....NET.......LINEUP
03.....+50.0......L. James, .R. Westbrook, .A. Bradley, .A. Davis, .A. Reaves
11.....+01.1......L. James, .R. Westbrook, .A. Bradley, .A. Davis, .K. Bazemore
02.....-33.3......L. James, .C. Anthony, .R. Westbrook, .A. Davis, .K. Bazemore
03.....-50.0......L. James, .C. Anthony, .R. Westbrook, .A. Bradley, .A. Davis

💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:44 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Car54 wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Car54 wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

AD is that Big

There were 4 lineups:

Code:
MIN.....NET.......LINEUP
03.....+50.0......L. James, .R. Westbrook, .A. Bradley, .A. Davis, .A. Reaves
11.....+01.1......L. James, .R. Westbrook, .A. Bradley, .A. Davis, .K. Bazemore
02.....-33.3......L. James, .C. Anthony, .R. Westbrook, .A. Davis, .K. Bazemore
03.....-50.0......L. James, .C. Anthony, .R. Westbrook, .A. Bradley, .A. Davis

ok looking at those mins it was a very small sample size. All is not lost Fizdale was interviewed recently and said they needed a healthy AD to unlock Westbrook with the pick and roll.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:47 pm    Post subject:

It's 1 game, the Houston game link you posted. Of course it's a small sample size haha.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:48 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
It's 1 game, the Houston game link you posted. Of course it's a small sample size haha.

lol
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:56 am    Post subject:

Westbrook prob not gonna opt in until the draft is done... otherwise Rob might be able to put lipstick on a pig by getting couple 2nd rounders back along with the long contracts for WB and our FRPs
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:23 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Westbrook prob not gonna opt in until the draft is done... otherwise Rob might be able to put lipstick on a pig by getting couple 2nd rounders back along with the long contracts for WB and our FRPs

I'm guessing you don't have a TV or else this post wouldn't have been made lol No one is helping the Lakers out unless they're being helped a trade before the season starts isn't likely. It's been reported multiple times already the Lakers tried to trade Russ already.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:09 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
governator wrote:

I'm guessing you don't have a TV or else this post wouldn't have been made lol No one is helping the Lakers out unless they're being helped a trade before the season starts isn't likely. It's been reported multiple times already the Lakers tried to trade Russ already.

yeah, Rob has resisted involving future FRP, that's why with Westbrook not opting in before draft, it takes away the narrative of 'getting assets aka 2nd rd picks' back for Rob to include our FRPs to trade WB during draft
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:42 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
governator wrote:

It really doesn't matter b/c the Lakers can't even technically trade Russ until he opts in.
Iandrewd
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:06 am    Post subject:

I feel like some fans don't realize that, when he was on the court, Russ brought the ball up 95% of the time; so yes, he was the #1 guy to start pretty much every possession. Considering Lebron James was on the floor quite often with Russ last season, I think it's pretty accurate to conclude that those two don't play well together. One of the strengths in Lebron's game is pressuring the defense while running up the court with the ball but, when Russ is added to the mix, that strength is literally zeroed out.

Only way Russ works on this team is if he turns into a solid defender and just runs off screens constantly on offense (picture Rip Hamilton) and attempts to open up passing lanes for Lebron. Also, AD needs to lose weight, take up yoga, and rediscover his jumper because this team needs someone as a mid-range threat outside of Lebron and it sure as sh*t isn't going to be Russ (I'm assuming the other two players on the floor are 3-point threats).
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:36 pm    Post subject:

Iandrewd wrote:
I feel like some fans don't realize that, when he was on the court, Russ brought the ball up 95% of the time; so yes, he was the #1 guy to start pretty much every possession. Considering Lebron James was on the floor quite often with Russ last season, I think it's pretty accurate to conclude that those two don't play well together. One of the strengths in Lebron's game is pressuring the defense while running up the court with the ball but, when Russ is added to the mix, that strength is literally zeroed out.

Only way Russ works on this team is if he turns into a solid defender and just runs off screens constantly on offense (picture Rip Hamilton) and attempts to open up passing lanes for Lebron. Also, AD needs to lose weight, take up yoga, and rediscover his jumper because this team needs someone as a mid-range threat outside of Lebron and it sure as sh*t isn't going to be Russ (I'm assuming the other two players on the floor are 3-point threats).

I’m one of the few who was excited when the trade went down last summer but I agree with your take, he just doesn’t fit in and the sample size is pretty large considering that Westbrook and LeBron played enough games together, if the plan is to interpret Westbrook next year, it’s not gonna work no matter how much preach Ham is giving us in public and to Westbrook.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:15 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Iandrewd wrote:

I’m one of the few who was excited when the trade went down last summer but I agree with your take, he just doesn’t fit in and the sample size is pretty large considering that Westbrook and LeBron played enough games together, if the plan is to interpret Westbrook next year, it’s not gonna work no matter how much preach Ham is giving us in public and to Westbrook.

You’re happy when any trade happens that ain’t nothing new.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:19 pm    Post subject:

Wrong, I wasn’t happy we traded away Danny Green, I also wasn’t happy we let McGee go.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:24 am    Post subject:

Worst trade in Lakers history
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 327, 328, 329 ... 424, 425, 426  Next
Page 328 of 426
Jump to: