Official RUSSELL WESTBROOK Thread (Traded to Utah)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 328, 329, 330 ... 424, 425, 426  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:10 pm    Post subject:

Russillo explaining that Russ is worst in the league at shot quality vs expected outcome, and is "twice" as bad as the second place player. Basically that means he has really high quality of shot (left wide open) and scores well below expectation on his shots. Then you add he isn't willing to work on defense...
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:34 pm    Post subject:

Is the ugly ninja turtle with the face mole gone yet?
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:48 pm    Post subject:

Laker4lifer4real wrote:

Nope.
He's gonna be your starting point guard and lead your team to #18.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:03 pm    Post subject:

Why hasn't Westbrook decided to opt in? That's a lot of money to turn down.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:08 pm    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:

He has till the 29th.
I don't recall players opting in much earlier than their opt in dates.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
srekal2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:08 pm    Post subject:

I hoped this Shroeder guy was some stud I never heard much about since we gave away one of the best 3 and D dudes around, and a first! What a terrible trade that was. Jesus

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Wrong, I wasn’t happy we traded away Danny Green, I also wasn’t happy we let McGee go.
Leif
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:10 pm    Post subject:

Laker4lifer4real wrote:

Soon. LeBron is working the phones day and night.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:22 am    Post subject:

IF Ham convinced Russ to be a 6th man/first guard off the bench player, I could actually be somewhat convinced that we just roll with him and let his contract expire (and not take on bad contracts or throw away future 1sts to dump him). That is pretty much the only way I would feel somewhat at peace with him returning.

If the plan is to play him as a full time starting guard next to LBJ/AD, then no, it's not going to work IMO and the sooner we move him the better. But, if he is willing to run the offense when LBJ sits, and understands that he will likely not close out games (and cash his $47m in checks), then there may be a glimmer of approval from me. A glimmer.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:29 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
IF Ham convinced Russ to be a 6th man/first guard off the bench player, I could actually be somewhat convinced that we just roll with him and let his contract expire (and not take on bad contracts or throw away future 1sts to dump him). That is pretty much the only way I would feel somewhat at peace with him returning.

If the plan is to play him as a full time starting guard next to LBJ/AD, then no, it's not going to work IMO and the sooner we move him the better. But, if he is willing to run the offense when LBJ sits, and understands that he will likely not close out games (and cash his $47m in checks), then there may be a glimmer of approval from me. A glimmer.

we are screwed big time if this guy comes back next year.

coming from bench is not going to make him not hit the back of backboard or not have careless TOs nor play any kind of defense
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:54 am    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

we are screwed big time if this guy comes back next year.

coming from bench is not going to make him not hit the back of backboard or not have careless TOs nor play any kind of defense

Yeah, you're preaching to the choir.

But if we have no choice and are stuck with him, I think this is the only way it works out. And if he has a bad attitude about it then you don't reward it with starting him after he pouts, and you may have to John Wall him.

Russ starting, I just don't see how it works for the team. With a 4 out system, you would have AD/Russ already as poor 3 point shooters. Our centers Rob has chosen are all usually non 3 point shooting bigs, so safe to assume only 2 out of our starting 5 (LBJ + shooting guard) would be a plus from 3. Just not going to work.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:51 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

If we're going to bench him, then why not just waive him and give his roster spot to a two-way player? We've found Caruso and Stanley. We could find more. Stanley was a better contributor than Brick last year so replacing Brick with a two-way player might actually improve the team.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:58 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

If we're going to bench him, then why not just waive him and give his roster spot to a two-way player? We've found Caruso and Stanley. We could find more. Stanley was a better contributor than Brick last year so replacing Brick with a two-way player might actually improve the team.

Russ is a bad fit, but he's still likely a better player than a 2 way or min deal player. I'm not a Russ fan, but I'm not blind to the fact that he has SOME value. I just don't think you can start him in a 4 out offense when the Lakers already have shooting deficiencies with the projected starting lineup.
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:30 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
waterman40 wrote:

He has till the 29th.

wall already did
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:09 am    Post subject:

Lakers got a pick #35 from Orlando
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:18 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Russ is a bad fit, but he's still likely a better player than a 2 way or min deal player. I'm not a Russ fan, but I'm not blind to the fact that he has SOME value. I just don't think you can start him in a 4 out offense when the Lakers already have shooting deficiencies with the projected starting lineup.

Russ can be used in a 4 out by making him the one in. He’ll over power most guards. If they put a big on him in the dunkers spot then Russ comes out to set a pick and the big must follow.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:21 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Russ can be used in a 4 out by making him the one in. He’ll over power most guards. If they put a big on him in the dunkers spot then Russ comes out to set a pick and the big must follow.

Where are you playing AD and our "center" who is likely another non-3 point shooting big (seems to be Rob's M.O.). If we don't get a stretch big, I still think AD is in the 1 in spot.

Teams have been putting bigger defenders on Russ and he can't overpower bigger defenders though. And he's not a pick/pop threat, and he doesn't finish inside like he used to.

My point stands. I think he's better off as a first guard when LBJ sits. Easiest way to fix this and make it work by having the ball in his hands.
paymonM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:01 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:
epic_ wrote:
waterman40 wrote:

He has till the 29th.

wall already did

maybe doing it to avoid getting traded on draft day ?? not sure why he would do that if he wants to leave
Cyberfreak444
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:08 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
https://youtu.be/kiqN6KNsUGk?t=373

Russillo explaining that Russ is worst in the league at shot quality vs expected outcome, and is "twice" as bad as the second place player. Basically that means he has really high quality of shot (left wide open) and scores well below expectation on his shots. Then you add he isn't willing to work on defense...

I genuinely struggle to think of a single worse player in the league making over $10 million a year. Russell Westbrook is really that bad at this stage of his career. Problem is everyone else in the NBA knows it too.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:12 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:
epic_ wrote:
waterman40 wrote:

He has till the 29th.

wall already did

well good for wall
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:24 pm    Post subject:

A small percentage of us where optimistic thinking Russ would work well with Lebron and AD when the move happened last summer. Only to find out how wrong we all where.

Russ just lost sight of putting basketball first. Came back home to LA and was more focused on his clothing line “Honor the Gift” and his Bank Sponsorship with Varo.

OKC Russ would never let Patrick Beverly or Reggie Jackson destroy him like they did this past season!

I’m a huge fan of the Darvin Ham hire but not a believer he can turn Russ around. Russ is currently in Paris right now with the opening of his HTG store. Dude doesn’t care about basketball like he used too. I hope we move on from him this summer and find a suitor
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:46 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
A small percentage of us where optimistic thinking Russ would work well with Lebron and AD when the move happened last summer. Only to find out how wrong we all where.

Russ just lost sight of putting basketball first. Came back home to LA and was more focused on his clothing line “Honor the Gift” and his Bank Sponsorship with Varo.

OKC Russ would never let Patrick Beverly or Reggie Jackson destroy him like they did this past season!

I’m a huge fan of the Darvin Ham hire but not a believer he can turn Russ around. Russ is currently in Paris right now with the opening of his HTG store. Dude doesn’t care about basketball like he used too. I hope we move on from him this summer and find a suitor

wow any the last part. So a man can't have a life away from basketball?
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:15 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:

KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:34 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

Lebron and AD got sponsors on sponsors outside of basketball you don’t see them getting extremely cooked by lesser talent like Pat Bev or Reggie Jackson

Look I’m all for Russ doing his business thing but he folded completely when it comes to basketball. You know basketball, the wonderful sport that gave him all these opportunities.

All these missed Bank shots, all these defensive possessions he gave up on by fouling the opposition before they even cross half court.

It’s easy for a lot of y’all including halflife to cry a river for Russ but the proof is in the pudding. His basketball grade was a solid D+ this past season
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:53 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

Lebron and AD got sponsors on sponsors outside of basketball you don’t see them getting extremely cooked by lesser talent like Pat Bev or Reggie Jackson

Look I’m all for Russ doing his business thing but he folded completely when it comes to basketball. You know basketball, the wonderful sport that gave him all these opportunities.

All these missed Bank shots, all these defensive possessions he gave up on by fouling the opposition before they even cross half court.

It’s easy for a lot of y’all including halflife to cry a river for Russ but the proof is in the pudding. His basketball grade was a solid D+ this past season

Russ played 78 games last season only 21 of those was with Lebron and AD. and when they played together it wasn't 21 in row. There's plenty of reason last season sucked but to say it was because Russ was on this roster is just not true.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:48 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

Russ played 78 games last season only 21 of those was with Lebron and AD. and when they played together it wasn't 21 in row. There's plenty of reason last season sucked but to say it was because Russ was on this roster is just not true.

Who cares how many games he played if he was absolute trash? That's a pointless argument.. You're right though that he should not get all the blame because even though he was the highest paid player on the team he was never remotely good enough to have any significant positive impact on games like AD or Bron could bring. He was getting routinely outplayed by our undrafted rookie which is just sad honestly.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 328, 329, 330 ... 424, 425, 426  Next
Page 329 of 426
Jump to: