Official RUSSELL WESTBROOK Thread (Traded to Utah)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 392, 393, 394 ... 424, 425, 426  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:48 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:

<snip>
You can tell that the fans have turned their hate around as you don't hear groans when he takes a 3. I don't know how long his 3 pt shooting holds up but glad he's hitting. And I don't have the numbers but he seems to be making his layups with less shots blocked.

Totally! Really I can even live with a lower percentage on 3's as long as he doesn't take momentum-killing stupid early-in-the-shot-clock 3's; these open 3's I'm perfectly OK with.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:53 pm    Post subject:

He's playing well since coming off the bench. Night and day compared to when he was starting. Go figure.

But his $47M salary is too much. I'd still trade him for whatever pieces that can make us a little better (length/shooting/defense)
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:15 am    Post subject:

Has there been any updates about the imaging done on his thumb? I know the X-rays came back negative.

https://twitter.com/mcten/status/1594563679088885760

It’s wild if it turns out to be another UCL related injury. Must be some competitive thumb wars being declared at Lakers practices this year.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:27 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
Has there been any updates about the imaging done on his thumb? I know the X-rays came back negative.

https://twitter.com/mcten/status/1594563679088885760

It’s wild if it turns out to be another UCL related injury. Must be some competitive thumb wars being declared at Lakers practices this year.

No further updates, he wasn't even on yesterday's injury report press release. It just kind of rando came up after the last game. So yeah they need to stop going at each other's thumbs in practice lol
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:33 am    Post subject:

Thx for the update my guy!
ArminNBA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:27 pm    Post subject:

It’s astonishing how many layups Russell Westbrook manages to miss. No touch at the rim. And if he doesn’t blow a layup, the ball slips out of his hand and he flings it into outer space.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:56 pm    Post subject:

ArminNBA wrote:
It’s astonishing how many layups Russell Westbrook manages to miss. No touch at the rim. And if he doesn’t blow a layup, the ball slips out of his hand and he flings it into outer space.

It’s astonishing that he is already making more layups compare to last season, lol
Honestly he played ok, 1 TO, mostly under control.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:57 pm    Post subject:

Yeah Russ wasn't the problem tonight.

Starting to see regular glimpses of the old Russ
ZenMaster4President
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:07 pm    Post subject:

Of course he wasn't THE problem. He was A problem. His defense remains atrocious, missing back cuts, box outs and so on.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:02 am    Post subject:

Oof. Rough game.
Couple of times he didn't get foul calls killed some momentum.
But can't blame it so on him.
Suns were hitting 3s and Lakers weren't.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:30 am    Post subject:

Still amazes me how such an accomplished player can have completely horrendous moments.

He will look so quick and have strong finishes then inexplicably will have a couple wildly missed throws ( can’t call them shots) at the basket. Or last night in the closing mins of the game. An open air ball from 15 ft? Or the 2 missed FTs?

The only thing you can rely on with WB is his inconsistency.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:25 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Still amazes me how such an accomplished player can have completely horrendous moments.

He will look so quick and have strong finishes then inexplicably will have a couple wildly missed throws ( can’t call them shots) at the basket. Or last night in the closing mins of the game. An open air ball from 15 ft? Or the 2 missed FTs?

The only thing you can rely on with WB is his inconsistency.

Imagine if we could use his $47M to sign a $20M player, a $12M player, a $8M player and two $3.5M players
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:35 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/msubobcat39/status/1595294172767928320?s=61&t=8DrvKFx5mC5QydlrHY7FZw

Ready save bron, ready to save ad.
ArminNBA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:18 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
ArminNBA wrote:

It’s astonishing that he is already making more layups compare to last season, lol
Honestly he played ok, 1 TO, mostly under control.

Everything is more impressive for Russ than last season 😅

It’s not that Russ doesn’t broadly play OK, but more often than not, he’s good for a string of consecutive bad possessions and/or untimely mistakes, especially in the clutch.

For example, he missed three layups in the last 5 minutes of the game (only credited for two missed layups, but he should have easily converted the layup for an And-1 opportunity when he was fouled by Booker). He also airballed a 3pt attempt. Imagine if AD, who had 37 points on 17 attempts, got to use those 4 possessions instead of Russ blowing multiple layups and airballing a three. Maybe the outcome of the game is different.

In my view, Russ doesn’t value possessions. AD seemed to allude to this in one of his postgame pressers. We’ve also seen it all too often. Nothing illustrated his attitude more than the errant midrange jumper he took early in the shot clock against Portland earlier this year — going for a 2-for-1 in a situation that absolutely did not call for it.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:29 pm    Post subject:

Any hopes of getting some value back for him before the trade deadline just went out the window. It's like two and a half men show. Two men and Brick is the half. lol.

I feel terrible about the worst case scenario happening. We have AD and Bron balling out but we couldn't have decent supporting cast to help them win #18. It seems like this could be our last chance unless ofc Bron could keep it going next season.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:46 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Any hopes of getting some value back for him before the trade deadline just went out the window. It's like two and a half men show. Two men and Brick is the half. lol.

I feel terrible about the worst case scenario happening. We have AD and Bron balling out but we couldn't have decent supporting cast to help them win #18. It seems like this could be our last chance unless ofc Bron could keep it going next season.

Bigger issue is that Bron hasn’t been balling out at all. Maybe that changes, maybe it won’t.
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:47 pm    Post subject:

how much will jeanie extend russ for?
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:52 am    Post subject:

Russ stans and Lebron stans on Twitter…that’s how the 2022-23 Lakers will implode.

Russ stans don’t care about wins, they just want to see Russ play the entire game.

Lebron stans fixated on scoring record.

Competing stans will feed into aura/vibe of team. GTFO
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:03 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Russ stans and Lebron stans on Twitter…that’s how the 2022-23 Lakers will implode.

Russ stans don’t care about wins, they just want to see Russ play the entire game.

Lebron stans fixated on scoring record.

Competing stans will feed into aura/vibe of team. GTFO

Not really the Russ Stan’s I read. They seem to want consistency in venom.

Bron stans think he’s worth 50m for 3 years and overlook his brokenness. What they both agree on is we aren’t competing for anything so we might as well let them get theirs.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:25 pm    Post subject:

Russ's field goal percentage is up and down(like his entire career), but as long as he can have those high assist low turnover games that will be a service to us.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:22 pm    Post subject:

Just took a cursory look at his basketball reference stats.

He's the same or worse in basically every category compared to last season except free throw percentage. It's crazy, his true shooting is even lower than last year's, his turnover rate is up, and is WS/48 is the same as last year's. Yet the perception is somehow that he's playing much better this season.

His O-RAPTOR is in the positive this year though which is nice. His D-RAPTOR is severely negative so far, but I expect that to sort of approach his figure last season?

I'm sure there has to be some stat that paints him as better this season, right? Or is this all narrative?

Looks like so far he's posting a -2.9 NRTG (worst of all guards besides Nunn's lovely -10) while last season he was -4. Yay?
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:17 am    Post subject:

levon wrote:

He's the same or worse in basically every category compared to last season except free throw percentage. It's crazy, his true shooting is even lower than last year's, his turnover rate is up, and is WS/48 is the same as last year's. Yet the perception is somehow that he's playing much better this season.

His O-RAPTOR is in the positive this year though which is nice. His D-RAPTOR is severely negative so far, but I expect that to sort of approach his figure last season?

I'm sure there has to be some stat that paints him as better this season, right? Or is this all narrative?

Looks like so far he's posting a -2.9 NRTG (worst of all guards besides Nunn's lovely -10) while last season he was -4. Yay?

Check his stats from when he went to the bench.

16/8/5 and 37% from 3 in only 28 mpg.
Looks good to me.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:34 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
levon wrote:

Looks good to me.

Looks good until you see his salary… But he has regressed last few games.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:41 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
levon wrote:

Looks good to me.

He's always been a stat stuffer so the counting stats are less interesting to me than his efficiency and overall impact. I don't expect him to keep going at 37% from 3, but yes I suppose the sample is still so small that the first few games can really skew it.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:18 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Dave McMenamin
@mcten

The Lakers led by 9 heading into the 4th Q tonight. In the final frame, LAL shot 8-for-22 as a team, with LeBron James going 2-for-8, and the Pacers came back to win it, 116-115. Anthony Davis only took two shots in the 4th. L.A. is now 7-12.

Give AD the ball!!
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 392, 393, 394 ... 424, 425, 426  Next
Page 393 of 426
Jump to: