Welcome to the Lakers Austin Reaves
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 19 Apr 2001
Posts: 19380

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2022 7:43 pm    Post subject:

zambia wrote:
Reaves reminds me of Danny Ainge, without the whining.


Danny Ainge minus the douche factor.
_________________
Ringo "You retired too?"
Doc "Not me, I'm in my prime."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 29500

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2022 7:46 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
A more athletic hornecek


That be killer if he can develop into that. Woud love to see him increase his output to around Hornacek's prime level (16-20ppg) while maintaining his current efficiency.
_________________
KOBE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 49099

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 7:18 pm    Post subject:

Another efficient game from HBK. Reaves is a joy to watch playing; he is selfless, hungry and he gets into the flow of the game by doing whatever he has to do to make the team better.
This kid is an all-around BALLER!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 2389

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 7:26 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Another efficient game from HBK. Reaves is a joy to watch playing; he is selfless, hungry and he gets into the flow of the game by doing whatever he has to do to make the team better.
This kid is an all-around BALLER!


he gone, lol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 49099

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 7:30 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Another efficient game from HBK. Reaves is a joy to watch playing; he is selfless, hungry and he gets into the flow of the game by doing whatever he has to do to make the team better.
This kid is an all-around BALLER!


he gone, lol

I hope not, it would be yet another FO snafu.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Jun 2002
Posts: 11661

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:32 am    Post subject:

As of today, 34 games into the season Austin Reaves leads the team in total minutes played. Of course some of that comes from Bron and AD missing games. But at his current rate, Reaves is going to pass Walker for 3rd place in mpg on the squad soon, only falling behind our two stars.

They’re not letting him go this summer.
_________________
Member: Austin “Manu” Reaves fan club.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Jul 2017
Posts: 3099

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 1:39 am    Post subject:

Why is he not starting? It’s like Vogel not starting Caruso until the 2020 Finals.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 22 Oct 2020
Posts: 1546

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 2:01 am    Post subject:

Last 10 games:

14 ppg
FG 54%
3Pt 48%
FT 88%

I think he can easily be a 20 ppg player
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jul 2006
Posts: 4147

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:06 am    Post subject:

scout_0 wrote:
Last 10 games:

14 ppg
FG 54%
3Pt 48%
FT 88%

I think he can easily be a 20 ppg player


Wow. Really impressive. One other stat to include is his seriously low turnover numbers, which is the reason why everyone from LeBron to the coaching staff trust him.

Now, we need a couple more like him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Omar Little
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 90132
Location: Formerly Known As 24

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:51 am    Post subject:

scout_0 wrote:
Last 10 games:

14 ppg
FG 54%
3Pt 48%
FT 88%

I think he can easily be a 20 ppg player


That’s a rather large extrapolation. He’s a guy who tends to have discipline and take good shots, and is also on a very hot streak. Realistically with added minutes (which would come against the starting defenders) and the reversion to the mean he’d need both a lot more minutes and to be putting up a lot more shots to get there.
_________________
“We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.” ― Elie Wiesel
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Jun 2002
Posts: 11661

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:04 am    Post subject:

I can see a Manu-like career arc for Reaves. Ginobili was more athletic and was the leader of a very good international team. But Reaves seems to have similar court savvy, shot making potential, and defensive intensity. Manu’s high was 19.5 ppg in a season, but spent most of his years between 13 ppg - 17 ppg with good shooting splits. That would be fine for Reaves IMO.

https://www.espn.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/272/manu-ginobili

I like the JH comp too, but I think Reaves has more PG to his game.
_________________
Member: Austin “Manu” Reaves fan club.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 13364

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:13 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
I can see a Manu-like career arc for Reaves. Ginobili was more athletic and was the leader of a very good international team. But Reaves seems to have similar court savvy, shot making potential, and defensive intensity. Manu’s high was 19.5 ppg in a season, but spent most of his years between 13 ppg - 17 ppg with good shooting splits. That would be fine for Reaves IMO.

https://www.espn.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/272/manu-ginobili

I like the JH comp too, but I think Reaves has more PG to his game.

we can dream. Gino was awesome.
_________________
Kobe.
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Clw9scopegx/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Jun 2006
Posts: 35672

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:38 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
I can see a Manu-like career arc for Reaves. Ginobili was more athletic and was the leader of a very good international team. But Reaves seems to have similar court savvy, shot making potential, and defensive intensity. Manu’s high was 19.5 ppg in a season, but spent most of his years between 13 ppg - 17 ppg with good shooting splits. That would be fine for Reaves IMO.

https://www.espn.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/272/manu-ginobili

I like the JH comp too, but I think Reaves has more PG to his game.


Reaves is having a very good second season so far, but I wouldn't start projecting him to be on the level of a Hall of Famer quite yet
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Jun 2002
Posts: 11661

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:02 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
I can see a Manu-like career arc for Reaves. Ginobili was more athletic and was the leader of a very good international team. But Reaves seems to have similar court savvy, shot making potential, and defensive intensity. Manu’s high was 19.5 ppg in a season, but spent most of his years between 13 ppg - 17 ppg with good shooting splits. That would be fine for Reaves IMO.

https://www.espn.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/272/manu-ginobili

I like the JH comp too, but I think Reaves has more PG to his game.


Reaves is having a very good second season so far, but I wouldn't start projecting him to be on the level of a Hall of Famer quite yet


Totally fair. I don't expect Reaves to be as substantial a player as Manu was. Just looking at their games and roles, and see a lot that Austin could approximate.

Some of Manu's HOF credentials came from his role with Argentina and the big game circumstances he found himself in while on the Duncan led Spurs. He was was named an All-Star in 2005 and 2011 and was selected twice for the All-NBA Third Team. Those would be lofty goals for Reaves.
_________________
Member: Austin “Manu” Reaves fan club.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ArminNBA
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 20 Sep 2008
Posts: 1773

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 1:17 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
scout_0 wrote:
Last 10 games:

14 ppg
FG 54%
3Pt 48%
FT 88%

I think he can easily be a 20 ppg player


That’s a rather large extrapolation. He’s a guy who tends to have discipline and take good shots, and is also on a very hot streak. Realistically with added minutes (which would come against the starting defenders) and the reversion to the mean he’d need both a lot more minutes and to be putting up a lot more shots to get there.


Broadly agree with this sentiment, but I think it would be great for the team if Austin increases his FGA per game to 10 from its current number of 6.8 FGA. Would love an extra 3 shots for Austin per game (in particular, the shots should come from Westbrook's total), even if it means that his splits drop from 53/40/90 to, let's say, 48/37/90.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Jan 2010
Posts: 36307

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 2:03 pm    Post subject:

ArminNBA wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
scout_0 wrote:
Last 10 games:

14 ppg
FG 54%
3Pt 48%
FT 88%

I think he can easily be a 20 ppg player


That’s a rather large extrapolation. He’s a guy who tends to have discipline and take good shots, and is also on a very hot streak. Realistically with added minutes (which would come against the starting defenders) and the reversion to the mean he’d need both a lot more minutes and to be putting up a lot more shots to get there.


Broadly agree with this sentiment, but I think it would be great for the team if Austin increases his FGA per game to 10 from its current number of 6.8 FGA. Would love an extra 3 shots for Austin per game (in particular, the shots should come from Westbrook's total), even if it means that his splits drop from 53/40/90 to, let's say, 48/37/90.


He is doing exactly what he should be doing with the minutes he is getting. He plays smart and under control. No need to force shots for the sake of getting a certain amount of points. It's the rest of the team that needs to pick up the slack.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Jun 2002
Posts: 11661

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 2:27 pm    Post subject:

The players taking the most shots (Bron, Davis, Russ and Walker) can all get looks in isolation. Austin has moments, but that isn’t really his game. Often when he does make a move to the rim, he’s drawing the defense finding guys.. I could see getting him a couple more shots a game though, maybe shaving Russ (3.8a, 28.6%) and LeBron’s (6.9a, 29.4%) 3pt attempts.
_________________
Member: Austin “Manu” Reaves fan club.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ArminNBA
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 20 Sep 2008
Posts: 1773

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 2:40 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
ArminNBA wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
scout_0 wrote:
Last 10 games:

14 ppg
FG 54%
3Pt 48%
FT 88%

I think he can easily be a 20 ppg player


That’s a rather large extrapolation. He’s a guy who tends to have discipline and take good shots, and is also on a very hot streak. Realistically with added minutes (which would come against the starting defenders) and the reversion to the mean he’d need both a lot more minutes and to be putting up a lot more shots to get there.


Broadly agree with this sentiment, but I think it would be great for the team if Austin increases his FGA per game to 10 from its current number of 6.8 FGA. Would love an extra 3 shots for Austin per game (in particular, the shots should come from Westbrook's total), even if it means that his splits drop from 53/40/90 to, let's say, 48/37/90.


He is doing exactly what he should be doing with the minutes he is getting. He plays smart and under control. No need to force shots for the sake of getting a certain amount of points. It's the rest of the team that needs to pick up the slack.


I totally agree he plays smart and under control. I trust Reaves with the ball as much as anyone on the team, if not more than anyone else. However, and maybe you disagree, I believe he can be a bit more aggressive in looking for his own shot, and do so without forcing up shots.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 13364

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:32 pm    Post subject:

Reading that he will command more than Caruso did is a bit uncomfortable
_________________
Kobe.
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Clw9scopegx/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 49099

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:29 pm    Post subject:

AR stunk it up tonight. That Miami defense was tough and Back-to-back games are physically & mentally brutal.

Quote:
DancingBarry wrote:
Reaves -- -- One of his worst games in a while. Maybe ever. I certainly can’t think of a worst first half. He lost the ball twice on the dribble.
He was called for an offensive foul coming off a screen. He missed his shots.
Defensively, he sagged off his man too much for scores and then got backdoored trying to stay tight.
He did get another charge on help D later in the second half, but it just wasn’t his night, for sure.

The Stats: He didn’t score on 0-5 shooting (0-4 from three) to go with 1 assist, 1 steal, 4 turnovers and 1 foul in 20 minutes. He was a -9.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 22 Oct 2020
Posts: 1546

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 6:49 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
AR stunk it up tonight. That Miami defense was tough and Back-to-back games are physically & mentally brutal.

Quote:
DancingBarry wrote:
Reaves -- -- One of his worst games in a while. Maybe ever. I certainly can’t think of a worst first half. He lost the ball twice on the dribble.
He was called for an offensive foul coming off a screen. He missed his shots.
Defensively, he sagged off his man too much for scores and then got backdoored trying to stay tight.
He did get another charge on help D later in the second half, but it just wasn’t his night, for sure.

The Stats: He didn’t score on 0-5 shooting (0-4 from three) to go with 1 assist, 1 steal, 4 turnovers and 1 foul in 20 minutes. He was a -9.



WestBrick has been freezing him
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 49099

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:52 am    Post subject:

scout_0 wrote:
pio2u wrote:
AR stunk it up tonight. That Miami defense was tough and Back-to-back games are physically & mentally brutal.

Quote:
DancingBarry wrote:
Reaves -- -- One of his worst games in a while. Maybe ever. I certainly can’t think of a worst first half. He lost the ball twice on the dribble.
He was called for an offensive foul coming off a screen. He missed his shots.
Defensively, he sagged off his man too much for scores and then got backdoored trying to stay tight.
He did get another charge on help D later in the second half, but it just wasn’t his night, for sure.

The Stats: He didn’t score on 0-5 shooting (0-4 from three) to go with 1 assist, 1 steal, 4 turnovers and 1 foul in 20 minutes. He was a -9.



WestBrick has been freezing him
as usual.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 13364

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 10:22 am    Post subject:

scout_0 wrote:
pio2u wrote:
AR stunk it up tonight. That Miami defense was tough and Back-to-back games are physically & mentally brutal.

Quote:
DancingBarry wrote:
Reaves -- -- One of his worst games in a while. Maybe ever. I certainly can’t think of a worst first half. He lost the ball twice on the dribble.
He was called for an offensive foul coming off a screen. He missed his shots.
Defensively, he sagged off his man too much for scores and then got backdoored trying to stay tight.
He did get another charge on help D later in the second half, but it just wasn’t his night, for sure.

The Stats: He didn’t score on 0-5 shooting (0-4 from three) to go with 1 assist, 1 steal, 4 turnovers and 1 foul in 20 minutes. He was a -9.



WestBrick has been freezing him


_________________
Kobe.
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Clw9scopegx/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 13364

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2022 7:09 pm    Post subject:

Intervention. You know rob is shopping him.
_________________
Kobe.
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Clw9scopegx/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Jun 2002
Posts: 11661

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2022 7:18 pm    Post subject:

Wow he was cold tonight.
_________________
Member: Austin “Manu” Reaves fan club.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next
Page 47 of 50
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB