DWIGHT HOWARD Officially Back Part III Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 6:01 am    Post subject:

He's been solid, but it's also late in the season now. He's near the finish line. I feel his body can't hold up for starting throughout a season. He definitely has some chemistry with AD/Bron as a starter. As does Bradley., You can see it. But in the end, these guys were starting level guys 2 years ago. Definitely can't be relying on them for next season.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:11 pm    Post subject:

Now that he's healthy, Dwight has been playing some inspired ball these last few games.
He's even showed some leadership skills and a potential three point touch (over 50%).
I really hope we resign him, not as a starter, but as a nice back-up, veteran center.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:32 am    Post subject:

Do we want him back?
DD20045
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:15 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
Do we want him back?

Only in the Jared Dudley role. We need someone with life left in them to back up the 5.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:21 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
Do we want him back?

D39 will give you something ever other game. At a vet min, he would be a decent 3rd big. With AD being the #1 big. We definitely need a reliable #2 in the vein of a Mitchell or Boucher type.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:17 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
Do we want him back?

I'll take him back as a deep bench guy, as they have a lot of roster spots to fill with minimums. I won't mind if he retires or goes elsewhere either though. He's on his last legs. But I do like him as a spark plug off the bench his energy even at this age can potentially ignite runs.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:21 am    Post subject:

He's not longer a backup... we got his best final year in 2020. But if he wants to be a 3rd stringer, I'm happy with that.

Boogie would be a nice 3rd big as well but gut tells me Tristan Thompson is back up C next season.
kentu_tiro
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:42 am    Post subject:

I think a center like JaVale compliments AD more. Dwight was a step slower last year but as a secondary center I am ok for it.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:56 pm    Post subject:

kentu_tiro wrote:
I think a center like JaVale compliments AD more. Dwight was a step slower last year but as a secondary center I am ok for it.

McGee for the min would be a dream come true. We should've never traded him and at this point, he's likely more in the $5M value range.

Too bad THT is a real clunker bc I'd love to do a deal with Orlando to get Bamba . Ideal fit.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:22 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
kentu_tiro wrote:

McGee for the min would be a dream come true. We should've never traded him and at this point, he's likely more in the $5M value range.

Too bad THT is a real clunker bc I'd love to do a deal with Orlando to get Bamba . Ideal fit.

I have been seeing some Westbrook to ORL for Harris and Bamba ideas on the Internet.. what do you guys think about that?
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:45 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
Do we want him back?

Yes. Very useful to create a more physically imposing team. The kind that the new coach will surely seek to build.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:46 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
2019 wrote:
kentu_tiro wrote:

I have been seeing some Westbrook to ORL for Harris and Bamba ideas on the Internet.. what do you guys think about that?

What players will make up the salary difference?
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:02 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
Do we want him back?

yes, if he works on his 3's
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:15 pm    Post subject:

I'm definitely down with Dwight returning. By all accounts he's been a great teammate and a positive force in the locker room (save the skirmish he got into with AD to start the year, which he squashed immediately).

He also is an end of the bench guy who you can plug into a game and be productive.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:18 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
I'm definitely down with Dwight returning. By all accounts he's been a great teammate and a positive force in the locker room (save the skirmish he got into with AD to start the year, which he squashed immediately).

He also is an end of the bench guy who you can plug into a game and be productive.

I love Dwight like no other Laker fan but his back issues aren’t a joke and he can’t play in long spurts like he did when we won the title even if we bring him back it shouldn’t be to play a vital role, that role should go to McGee or Drummond or Plumlee
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:47 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
kentu_tiro wrote:

Eric Pincus, and I wholeheartedly agree with him, listed the trading of McGee as one of the blunders, among others, the FO has made that has led to the current predicament in which we currently find ourselves. It was a stupid a_s move.
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:13 pm    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
2019 wrote:
kentu_tiro wrote:

Eric Pincus, and I wholeheartedly agree with him, listed the trading of McGee as one of the blunders, among others, the FO has made that has led to the current predicament in which we currently find ourselves. It was a stupid a_s move.

But is that the same Javelle whom PHX benched when times got tough? Dude's a great energy guy for regular season games but when times get tough in the playoffs?
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:30 pm    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
2019 wrote:
kentu_tiro wrote:

It was one of the strangest trades I’ve ever seen. Guy was a productive player on a championship team, so you immediately trade him for nothing?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:15 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
It was one of the strangest trades I’ve ever seen. Guy was a productive player on a championship team, so you immediately trade him for nothing?

They traded him so they could get Gasol who they felt was a better fit. Their idea was to sign Dwight and bring in Gasol and covered both a stretch 5 and a traditional 5. Javele has barely played in the playoffs. Most people felt Dwight should be starting over him. And the Lakers likely believed Gasol had more in the tank than he did. He had just been the starting center on a title team two seasons before. He had shot 44.2% and 38.5% from three in the previous two seasons. They felt Gasol was an upgrade and that Javele wouldn't be happy as a third string center.

What they weren't expecting was that Dwight (who seemed to be in the bag) changed his mind after they signed Trez and bolted to Philly for less money.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:04 pm    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

They traded him so they could get Gasol who they felt was a better fit. Their idea was to sign Dwight and bring in Gasol and covered both a stretch 5 and a traditional 5. Javele has barely played in the playoffs. Most people felt Dwight should be starting over him. And the Lakers likely believed Gasol had more in the tank than he did. He had just been the starting center on a title team two seasons before. He had shot 44.2% and 38.5% from three in the previous two seasons. They felt Gasol was an upgrade and that Javele wouldn't be happy as a third string center.

What they weren't expecting was that Dwight (who seemed to be in the bag) changed his mind after they signed Trez and bolted to Philly for less money.

I didn't think that was a bad decision. Gasol was coming off a very good season. McGee wasn't really a significant player for us. In the year we won the ring, he only played 11 of 14 playoff games, averaging less than 10 minutes a game.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:06 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
2019 wrote:
kentu_tiro wrote:

I think you spend too much time on the Internet.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:21 pm    Post subject:

MookieBetts50 wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
2019 wrote:
kentu_tiro wrote:

But is that the same Javelle whom PHX benched when times got tough? Dude's a great energy guy for regular season games but when times get tough in the playoffs?

Yeah. And we're talking about for a starting center role who'll close games on the bench and a guy who we'd offer the minimum. Not sure how there'd be any reason to critique that move. Most minimum guys are barely NBA worthy. Javale is a really good role player - even if you're not going to play him down the stretch of an NBA Finals.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:47 am    Post subject:

Dwight Howard Agrees to Contract with Taoyuan Leopards in Taiwan

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10035652-former-lakers-center-dwight-howard-agrees-to-contract-with-taoyuan-leopards-in-taiwan
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:53 am    Post subject:

I'd take Taiwan Howard over Damian Jones even though I hyped him last season
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 6:40 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
I'd take Taiwan Howard over Damian Jones even though I hyped him last season

No way, rather have Jones over Howard just for avoiding the absurdity of it...would take a chance on Cousins before going back to Howard.

What I really want tho is Bev/Nunn/FRP for Turner!!!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 16 of 17
Jump to: